The Farm House Restaurant
1146 Stump Hall Rd.
Skippack, PA 19474Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Farm House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.skippackfarmhouse.com/
- Phone: (610) 584-5170
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Casey Leffell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Farm House Restaurant
Located in the picturesque Evansburg State Park, The Farm House Restaurant offers a remarkable view of the Skippack Golf Course and uniquely prepared dishes to match! Visit us today and sample one of our specially crafted entrees made from the freshest and healthiest ingredients available, including our pan-seared salmon, and jumbo lump crab. The Farm House also features outside seating and weekly live entertainment. Please contact us to book your next special event or cocktail party!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Farm House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Skippack ›
The Farm House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (38)scenic view (28)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (22)special occasion (20)romantic (18)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Falling shortAutumnJoyVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is a cozy place in the winter, and has a great outdoor patio in the warmer months. The problem is the food. It is so inconsistent, and it's hard to know what to expect. This was one of those not so good visits.Some in out group were satisfied. Most were not. The complaints included a Caesar salad which had the consistency of paste; thick, gummy dressing over semi wilted lettuce. The seafood fricassee which should have been a tender flavorful variety of seafood, was rubbery, overcooked and bland. Two in our group had the lamb. The entree version was tender and flavorful, but the appetizer portion was a disappointment and lacked flavor. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable, but sadly it's not enough to compensate for inconsistent food quality. There is work to be done.
- Great Brunch!LarryRVIPDined on 11/9/2014We have been here many times. The staff is always very welcoming and friendly. If you like a good Bloody Mary then your going to love the one made by the Bartender Travis. Great selection on the Brunch menu, my favorite is the Eggs Benedict. My wife's favorite is the Smoked Salmon. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedDJFMJFDined on 11/2/2014I was not sure what to expect as I had never been to the restaurant or knew anyone who had. Turns out that we were the only ones seated in the dining room during the whole time we were there. I was not sure what that said about the restaurant since I expected to see other diners. However, the service was great and the food excellent. I will be sure to recommend the restaurant and visit again. In addition their BYOB policy for Sunday dinner is fantastic.Special Features:
- good ambiencetrembdDined on 10/25/2014We were seated next to the fireplace. Good ambience. Good service. House pinot noir was good. The lobster Mac and cheese was delicious. The fettucine Alfredo sauce was missing something. Although the shrimp was great. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing b-day celebrationhappytobeeatingDined on 10/22/2014We had a lovely time celebration a birthday at the Farmhouse. All the staff were terrific. The dinner was excellent although the Pretzel ice cream dessert was a bit underwhelming.Special Features:
- Excellent Local GemMikeDined on 10/19/2014Good food, great menu, servers are friendly but not as attentive as they should be. In fairness they are new at it and were overwhelmed with a large group that was dominating the dining room.Special Features:
- Excellent SpotfoodnfunDined on 10/18/2014The service and the food were excellent. If it was warmer we would have sat outsideSpecial Features:
- GOod Food/ServiceDaveVIPDined on 10/11/2014Went to the Farm House with my adult son, we both really enjoyed the food from appetizer through desert. Good food, great price. Will go to the Farm House again, sometime soon.Special Features:
- UnexpectedFrequentEaterDined on 10/4/2014This gold club restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. Wonderful and delicious menu choices. I wS a little disappointed in the wine list though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Stars-*****DebDoeDined on 10/3/2014Our waitress, Dina is terrific because she is personable, helpful and always smiling! The crab cake appetizer is the best I ever had and the seasoning makes it unique. The Calamari is lightly fried and delicately seasoned to perfection with a balsamic drizzle. The Lobster ravioli is extremely tasty. The Lemon Drop and Mojitos are delicious. The food and drinks are so good and very consistent! Thank you for that! The music is wonderful! Love the tunes and the melody of Jim and Tom on the first Friday of the month. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so-sokrisDined on 10/2/2014Went to this restaurant for the first time last night - great view of the golf course when sitting outside. It's really pretty, especially with the colors of the leaves changing on the trees! The restaurant was on the smaller side, but big enough to rent for a private party of 25-35 people! Lots of outdoor tables and seating. Service was good, especially considering there was a private party. Food was okay, nothing over the top about it. Prices a reasonable.... would definitely recommend for an after work quick bite to eat.Special Features:
- Great foodVon7Dined on 9/27/2014We visited The Farmhouse this past weekend with friends. We had been raving about the place and wanted friends to see what we were talking about. We ate outside, where the view is lovely, however, the tables and chairs are not comfortable. The food was delicious. We had lamb chops, surf and turf ,meat loaf, and shrimp and scallop risotto. Everything tasted great and was a good serving size. Our main gripe was the service. We have come here a few times and the service has always been excellent. This was not the case this time. We had to wait a long time for our bottle of wine to come and the appetizers took forever. We even asked for more bread to hold us over and we had wait 15-20minutes for that. Hopefully the service will better next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golf Course GemcmteaDined on 9/20/2014We recently had lunch at the Farmhouse Restaurant in Skippack and enjoyed the pleasant view and excellent food. Decided to go back a few weeks later to celebrate my husband's birthday, this time for dinner. We were not dissapointed, service and food were both excellent. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming, but needs improvement.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014Restored farmhouse is lovely setting. Friday night had live music with a guitarist who was quite good. Had the scallop appetizer, crab cake entree & carrot cake. Dessert was the best of the three. The appetizer and entree both lacked seasonings & weren't memorable. My other complaint is that my entree was not hot, lukewarm at best & garlic mashed potatoes need to be hot. Loads of crab in the crab cake, but overall just good, not great. Wait staff seems disorganized. Hostess hidden from view when you walk in. There are things this restaurant needs to work on.
- A sure thing!DebWVIPDined on 9/12/2014Delicious entrees. Apps are a meal in and of itself. Lovely surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Small portions presented well for a price that does not fit the taste. Small shrimp and scallops, over seasoned with seasoned salt, and "risotto" was just flavored rice and peas.
- judyVIPDined on 9/11/2014we were a group of ten. It was a Thursday night and I was surprised it was so busy but we were not in a big hurry, just out with friends for a good dinner and that is what we got. Everything from the starters to the finish was really good. This was our third time and we will go back. Very good food.Special Features:
- Rushed service, food not on parVinceDined on 9/6/2014In the past, I have frequented the restaurant with friends and family and found it to be excellent. However, this past Saturday 9/6/2014 was a disappointment. The food was of diner quality. The service was rushed. I had the distinct feeling that the waitress (Dina) was going off shift as soon as we were finished dining. My wife and I along with our friends will stay away for awhile. Maybe in about a couple of months we will give it a lunch try to see if things have improved.Special Features:
- great foodkimdinesoutDined on 9/6/2014This was mine and my husbands first time here.He had the meatloaf and I had the pasta carbonara with shrimp. They were both delicious, the portion sizes were perfect and the service was excellent. The only suggestion I would make is that for the price a salad should be included with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not customer focusedFrankVIPDined on 9/5/2014Restaurant needs to get its act together. Waited entirely too long for everything. Waited over 30 minutes for our drink orders, the food, appetizers as well as desserts, took very long and wasn't served uniformly. Waitress was very nice but clearly lacked the support of the hostess, bar and kitchen. Not likely to come back. It took over 2.5 hours for this meal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food was very good and so was the service. The outdoor patio is great with nice furniture and a wonderful view of the golf course. They were flexible about letting us take one entree and mix it with the sides from another. Service is very friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly but not as tastyBethieDined on 8/23/2014We love this place but the food is not as good now that they have a new chef. It's still good but not as good as it was before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marciaMarciaDined on 8/16/2014We visited yet again and had a wonderful dinner. So nice to sit outside on a summer evening. I had the special arugula salad which I wish they would add to the menu, sooo good. For my dinner I had the appetizer lamb chops. I've had them before and am never disappointed, they are delicious and more than adequate for me. Other dishes are good, but the lamb chops are my favority. My husband has had the meatloaf and loved it but this time had soup and the chick ceasar salad which was very good. We will keep going back.Special Features:
- 1st visit - not the last!gunghoDined on 8/9/2014Service, food and atmosphere were great outside. Was not impressed with the odor inside. Not pleasant. It did smell like a farmhouse. Service was very friendly at the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We ate on the patio with friends. Very relaxing evening. Not rushed. Very good dinners and reasonable prices. Friendly service. The occassional golf cart going by on the ajacent lane was briefly annoying - I think they must be gas as they are not silent. Golf course however was a nice view and across the road was Evansburg Park.Special Features:
- Excellent, but slow service...pubcrawlersDined on 8/8/2014Our first visit -- the ONLY thing to complain about was the long wait to get served, from ~20 minutes between being seated with menus to seeing a server to a longish prep time for the melted brie wheel app and broiled salmon entree. But the food was well worth waiting for -- excellent (moderate) portions, savory ingredients, careful & skillful preparation. The staff was aware of the slow service and very accommodating. It was Lily's first night on the floor--a lot of fun; Travis knows his bar and made sure we were doing okay once he knew of the delay. Very homey atmosphere (we were indoors) and the patio option looked superb, with live music and the golf-course view. We'll go back, and hope they have their service issues resolved..Special Features:
- Just stay away.DES185Dined on 8/7/2014My wife and I have driven past many times and finally stopped in for dinner. We generally aren't ones to complain and very rarely send food back. But when the best part of the meal were the prepackaged rolls, there is more than just room for improvement. Their lobster bisque soup special was mostly salt, some clumpy cream and maybe a little lobster. After one spoonful we sent it back. It was inedible. The "lump" crab was shredded crab with an odd collection of stuff mixed in, including the shells. Even the garlic mashed potatoes were disappointing. Rather than give them the opportunity for strike three, we opted to go salvage our night with dessert and a drink at another restaurant in Skippack. Needless to say, just don't go.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2014Lovely setting overlooking Skippack Golf Club. Food was OK at best. Short ribs were decent but the saffron risotto that came with it was very undercooked and oddly lacking in flavor. Meat loaf was described as a bit dry; the sauce appeared identical to that on the short ribs.Special Features:
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Had a delicious meal, and very friendly staff. I love the white table cloths, small dining room next to a pleasant bar. Just an all around nice place to dine, and really loved the food!Special Features:
- Did not honor reservationRSdineoutalotDined on 8/2/2014Made a reservation on November 1, 2014. Arrived at restaurant and the only table they had available was a high top at the bar. I guess the Open Table reservation was not as good as calling the restaurant direct. We will not go back.
- Great Outdoor Dining!!smxccDined on 8/2/2014This was our 2nd trip to The Farm House Restaurant and we returned because of a super first experience!! Sometimes it is true that first impressions are the most important. We were looking forward to a great outdoor dining experience because the weather forecast for Saturday night was awesome. We both remember our first trip to The Farm House Restaurant and so we made reservations for dinner at 7:00 on the patio. We were not disappointed. We had a great night!! Our server was super...the beers were cold...the meals were exceptional...the setting was just what we were looking for...and we had two delicious desserts!! We will be back!!Special Features:
- Food and Drinks and MusicDebDoeDined on 8/1/2014The food has been consistent and very tasty, the drinks as well! The music from Voice in the Mirror goes well for most age groups. Love listening to them!Special Features:
- The following 243 reviews are from the The Farm House Restaurant reviews archive.
- Farm House reviewpagirl11Dined on 7/26/2014Great service and excellent food! We'll be back...Special Features:
- Enjoyable and relaxing atmospheregr8findDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyable and relaxing dining atmosphere. The food was delicious and preparers requested. Server was most friendly and service was prompt. Dined outdoors on a very pleasant evening. A hidden treasure.Special Features:
- PaulyDined on 7/25/2014Very nice dinner on the patio. Great food. Friendly server and we were not rushed. The Farm House over looks the golf course and Evansburg Park. Beautiful.Special Features:
- It was okJackiedDined on 7/19/2014I had the salmon it was delishous, the broccoli had way too much salt, the potatoes were just ok. My husband enjoyed his dinner. The desserts were not so good.Special Features:
- nice menu, needs attention detailOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2014The restaurant is on a golf course, is inside and outside dining. It was a pleasant night, so we ate outside. The service was prompt to start--took an order but it took a long time to get bread, and a long time to get her to come back. Ordered tuna, prepared rare, and it was anything but rare. It was definitely medium which no pink remaining (wife also had it same way, despite rare) and we thought that was poor prep and poor attention to detail. The waitress may have been waiting on too many tables, but she essentially ignored our table and we went at least 45 minutes without her coming back to fill water, to check on things, etc. Even had I wanted to send the fish back, it would not have been possible and still eaten. Overall, mehSpecial Features:
- Delicioius!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had an outstanding meal! From the salad to dessert! We sat outside and had a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good dinnerMarciaDined on 7/18/2014We visited the Farmhouse once again and had a very enjoyable dinner outside on the patio. The food was delicious and i love the Canyon Road wine, a tasty, refreshing chardonnay at a great price. I had the scallop appetizer and the red beat salad. The scallops were scrumptious. My husband had the meatloaf which I tasted, and it was great They are good about substituting veggies when what is on the menu doesn't suit. We will be sorry when the outdoor dining season is over, but we will continue to enjoy dinner inside.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceluvironhillVIPDined on 7/18/2014When we arrived the young lady was busy making light conversation with the staff. She didn't even acknowledge us until she was done chatting, this took several minutes. We were then seated and waited almost 10 minutes for the waitress. She came and we ordered dinner and a bottle of wine. After 20 minutes another person delivered our dinner, we never got our wine. I told them not to charge it to my bill since I never got it. They said it was already open and will bring it out. I didn't want to drink it after dinner I wanted it before an d during dinner. I will not return to this establishment.Special Features: