The Farm House Restaurant
1146 Stump Hall Rd.
Skippack, PA 19474Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Farm House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.skippackfarmhouse.com/
- Phone: 6105845170x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Casey Leffell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Farm House Restaurant
Located in the picturesque Evansburg State Park, The Farm House Restaurant offers a remarkable view of the Skippack Golf Course and uniquely prepared dishes to match! Visit us today and sample one of our specially crafted entrees made from the freshest and healthiest ingredients available, including our pan-seared salmon, and jumbo lump crab. The Farm House also features outside seating and weekly live entertainment. Please contact us to book your next special event or cocktail party!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Farm House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Skippack ›
The Farm House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (47)scenic view (35)romantic (20)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great foodVon7Dined on 9/27/2014We visited The Farmhouse this past weekend with friends. We had been raving about the place and wanted friends to see what we were talking about. We ate outside, where the view is lovely, however, the tables and chairs are not comfortable. The food was delicious. We had lamb chops, surf and turf ,meat loaf, and shrimp and scallop risotto. Everything tasted great and was a good serving size. Our main gripe was the service. We have come here a few times and the service has always been excellent. This was not the case this time. We had to wait a long time for our bottle of wine to come and the appetizers took forever. We even asked for more bread to hold us over and we had wait 15-20minutes for that. Hopefully the service will better next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golf Course GemcmteaDined on 9/20/2014We recently had lunch at the Farmhouse Restaurant in Skippack and enjoyed the pleasant view and excellent food. Decided to go back a few weeks later to celebrate my husband's birthday, this time for dinner. We were not dissapointed, service and food were both excellent. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming, but needs improvement.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014Restored farmhouse is lovely setting. Friday night had live music with a guitarist who was quite good. Had the scallop appetizer, crab cake entree & carrot cake. Dessert was the best of the three. The appetizer and entree both lacked seasonings & weren't memorable. My other complaint is that my entree was not hot, lukewarm at best & garlic mashed potatoes need to be hot. Loads of crab in the crab cake, but overall just good, not great. Wait staff seems disorganized. Hostess hidden from view when you walk in. There are things this restaurant needs to work on.
- A sure thing!DebWDined on 9/12/2014Delicious entrees. Apps are a meal in and of itself. Lovely surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Small portions presented well for a price that does not fit the taste. Small shrimp and scallops, over seasoned with seasoned salt, and "risotto" was just flavored rice and peas.
- judyVIPDined on 9/11/2014we were a group of ten. It was a Thursday night and I was surprised it was so busy but we were not in a big hurry, just out with friends for a good dinner and that is what we got. Everything from the starters to the finish was really good. This was our third time and we will go back. Very good food.Special Features:
- Rushed service, food not on parVinceDined on 9/6/2014In the past, I have frequented the restaurant with friends and family and found it to be excellent. However, this past Saturday 9/6/2014 was a disappointment. The food was of diner quality. The service was rushed. I had the distinct feeling that the waitress (Dina) was going off shift as soon as we were finished dining. My wife and I along with our friends will stay away for awhile. Maybe in about a couple of months we will give it a lunch try to see if things have improved.Special Features:
- great foodkimdinesoutDined on 9/6/2014This was mine and my husbands first time here.He had the meatloaf and I had the pasta carbonara with shrimp. They were both delicious, the portion sizes were perfect and the service was excellent. The only suggestion I would make is that for the price a salad should be included with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not customer focusedFrankVIPDined on 9/5/2014Restaurant needs to get its act together. Waited entirely too long for everything. Waited over 30 minutes for our drink orders, the food, appetizers as well as desserts, took very long and wasn't served uniformly. Waitress was very nice but clearly lacked the support of the hostess, bar and kitchen. Not likely to come back. It took over 2.5 hours for this meal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food was very good and so was the service. The outdoor patio is great with nice furniture and a wonderful view of the golf course. They were flexible about letting us take one entree and mix it with the sides from another. Service is very friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly but not as tastyBethieDined on 8/23/2014We love this place but the food is not as good now that they have a new chef. It's still good but not as good as it was before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marciaMarciaDined on 8/16/2014We visited yet again and had a wonderful dinner. So nice to sit outside on a summer evening. I had the special arugula salad which I wish they would add to the menu, sooo good. For my dinner I had the appetizer lamb chops. I've had them before and am never disappointed, they are delicious and more than adequate for me. Other dishes are good, but the lamb chops are my favority. My husband has had the meatloaf and loved it but this time had soup and the chick ceasar salad which was very good. We will keep going back.Special Features:
- 1st visit - not the last!gunghoDined on 8/9/2014Service, food and atmosphere were great outside. Was not impressed with the odor inside. Not pleasant. It did smell like a farmhouse. Service was very friendly at the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We ate on the patio with friends. Very relaxing evening. Not rushed. Very good dinners and reasonable prices. Friendly service. The occassional golf cart going by on the ajacent lane was briefly annoying - I think they must be gas as they are not silent. Golf course however was a nice view and across the road was Evansburg Park.Special Features:
- Excellent, but slow service...pubcrawlersDined on 8/8/2014Our first visit -- the ONLY thing to complain about was the long wait to get served, from ~20 minutes between being seated with menus to seeing a server to a longish prep time for the melted brie wheel app and broiled salmon entree. But the food was well worth waiting for -- excellent (moderate) portions, savory ingredients, careful & skillful preparation. The staff was aware of the slow service and very accommodating. It was Lily's first night on the floor--a lot of fun; Travis knows his bar and made sure we were doing okay once he knew of the delay. Very homey atmosphere (we were indoors) and the patio option looked superb, with live music and the golf-course view. We'll go back, and hope they have their service issues resolved..Special Features:
- Just stay away.DES185Dined on 8/7/2014My wife and I have driven past many times and finally stopped in for dinner. We generally aren't ones to complain and very rarely send food back. But when the best part of the meal were the prepackaged rolls, there is more than just room for improvement. Their lobster bisque soup special was mostly salt, some clumpy cream and maybe a little lobster. After one spoonful we sent it back. It was inedible. The "lump" crab was shredded crab with an odd collection of stuff mixed in, including the shells. Even the garlic mashed potatoes were disappointing. Rather than give them the opportunity for strike three, we opted to go salvage our night with dessert and a drink at another restaurant in Skippack. Needless to say, just don't go.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2014Lovely setting overlooking Skippack Golf Club. Food was OK at best. Short ribs were decent but the saffron risotto that came with it was very undercooked and oddly lacking in flavor. Meat loaf was described as a bit dry; the sauce appeared identical to that on the short ribs.Special Features:
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Had a delicious meal, and very friendly staff. I love the white table cloths, small dining room next to a pleasant bar. Just an all around nice place to dine, and really loved the food!Special Features:
- Great Outdoor Dining!!smxccDined on 8/2/2014This was our 2nd trip to The Farm House Restaurant and we returned because of a super first experience!! Sometimes it is true that first impressions are the most important. We were looking forward to a great outdoor dining experience because the weather forecast for Saturday night was awesome. We both remember our first trip to The Farm House Restaurant and so we made reservations for dinner at 7:00 on the patio. We were not disappointed. We had a great night!! Our server was super...the beers were cold...the meals were exceptional...the setting was just what we were looking for...and we had two delicious desserts!! We will be back!!Special Features:
- Food and Drinks and MusicDebDoeDined on 8/1/2014The food has been consistent and very tasty, the drinks as well! The music from Voice in the Mirror goes well for most age groups. Love listening to them!Special Features:
- Farm House reviewpagirl11Dined on 7/26/2014Great service and excellent food! We'll be back...Special Features:
- Enjoyable and relaxing atmospheregr8findDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyable and relaxing dining atmosphere. The food was delicious and preparers requested. Server was most friendly and service was prompt. Dined outdoors on a very pleasant evening. A hidden treasure.Special Features:
- PaulyDined on 7/25/2014Very nice dinner on the patio. Great food. Friendly server and we were not rushed. The Farm House over looks the golf course and Evansburg Park. Beautiful.Special Features:
- It was okJackiedDined on 7/19/2014I had the salmon it was delishous, the broccoli had way too much salt, the potatoes were just ok. My husband enjoyed his dinner. The desserts were not so good.Special Features:
- nice menu, needs attention detailOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2014The restaurant is on a golf course, is inside and outside dining. It was a pleasant night, so we ate outside. The service was prompt to start--took an order but it took a long time to get bread, and a long time to get her to come back. Ordered tuna, prepared rare, and it was anything but rare. It was definitely medium which no pink remaining (wife also had it same way, despite rare) and we thought that was poor prep and poor attention to detail. The waitress may have been waiting on too many tables, but she essentially ignored our table and we went at least 45 minutes without her coming back to fill water, to check on things, etc. Even had I wanted to send the fish back, it would not have been possible and still eaten. Overall, mehSpecial Features:
- Delicioius!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had an outstanding meal! From the salad to dessert! We sat outside and had a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good dinnerMarciaDined on 7/18/2014We visited the Farmhouse once again and had a very enjoyable dinner outside on the patio. The food was delicious and i love the Canyon Road wine, a tasty, refreshing chardonnay at a great price. I had the scallop appetizer and the red beat salad. The scallops were scrumptious. My husband had the meatloaf which I tasted, and it was great They are good about substituting veggies when what is on the menu doesn't suit. We will be sorry when the outdoor dining season is over, but we will continue to enjoy dinner inside.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceluvironhillVIPDined on 7/18/2014When we arrived the young lady was busy making light conversation with the staff. She didn't even acknowledge us until she was done chatting, this took several minutes. We were then seated and waited almost 10 minutes for the waitress. She came and we ordered dinner and a bottle of wine. After 20 minutes another person delivered our dinner, we never got our wine. I told them not to charge it to my bill since I never got it. They said it was already open and will bring it out. I didn't want to drink it after dinner I wanted it before an d during dinner. I will not return to this establishment.Special Features:
- limited menutomeDined on 7/17/2014They only offered steaks on their special menu. our waitress appeared to forget about us as she was waiting on tables inside and outside. we had to go get her to get our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreDontlikecucumberDined on 7/15/2014Looked great on the web but food was a bit boring, specially the sides. The dessert menu looks like it came from a Friendly's - ice cream, apple pie or cheese cake. It was allright overall but I was expecting more based on the pictures on the web and the high prices. Don't go there if you are trying to impress someone.
- Pleasant SurpriseCDS10Dined on 7/7/2014My wife and I found the restaurant on Open Table and wanted to try something new. We went early on a Monday night. The food was terrific and the service was very attentive and friendly. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great quiet spotVon7Dined on 6/28/2014We love this place. In the winter, the inside area is cozy and in the summer the outside is beautiful! The food is deLicious and the menu is on the smaller side but still has a nice variety of choices. Service is excellent. The N.Y. Strip is great and so is the salmon. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful sceneryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014the restaurant is beautifully situated on a golf course and pond which was romantic. the service was good, prompt and efficient. The menu and the food left me feeling a little disappointed - it was good, just not great or anything to write home about. it was a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious againLarryRVIPDined on 6/20/2014Once again we had a delicious meal. There were six of us and everyone really enjoyed their meal. The place was packed both inside and out. So service and turn around from the kitchen was slower that normal but the quality did not suffer at all. We felt bad for Dina because she was so busy but did not forget about us.Special Features:
- Lovely!DeeWDined on 6/20/2014What a nice restaurant. Wonderful service in a relaxing and charming setting, we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Will return many times, we are sure.Special Features:
- kathysreviewDined on 6/19/2014two of us had salmon - it was overdone. One in our party had pasta and that was just OK. One in our party had the short ribs and she liked them but also had the cheesecake and thought it tasted - store bought - not homemade. Honestly, we would not go back or recommend to others. very dissapointed in it.Special Features:
- Ok, nothing specialSillymeVIPDined on 6/17/2014Wound up here after other arrangements fell through. Food was well prepared, but menu is not very big. We were literally only people inside (maybe 1 other party outside) and service was very slow. Our plates sat empty, waiting to be cleared for a good 10-15 minutes after each course. Server was busy gossiping with bartender while we sat there. Overall it was okay but I don't think we will go back.
- cjrdineVIPDined on 6/14/2014lobster mac & cheese was very good. we both enjoyed it. downhill from there. 4 small scallops and dry risoto for about $23...really? meatloaf ok but would not recommend. we liked some aspects of the somewhat cozy atmospere. don't know if we would go back. might try lunch might not.
- Good local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The outdoor seating was perfect. The drinks were very tasty. The food is good just not great. It is simple food done well. We will be back because it is something different than the other Skippack resturants and it won't break the bank. The outdoor area with music on a Friday night made it exactly what we were looking for, this alone would bring us back.Special Features:
- The following 224 reviews are from the The Farm House Restaurant reviews archive.
- Hidden gem!BunnyBDined on 6/2/2014We decided to check out the Farmhouse for our anniversary dinner! The waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food was out of this world! I haven't had braised short ribs like that since my mom made them when I was a kid! My husband loved his meatloaf too. The french beans were done perfectly......just a tiny crunch!! An excellent overall experience. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.