The Farm House Restaurant
1146 Stump Hall Rd.
Skippack, PA 19474Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Farm House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.skippackfarmhouse.com/
- Phone: 6105845170x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Casey Leffell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Farm House Restaurant
Located in the picturesque Evansburg State Park, The Farm House Restaurant offers a remarkable view of the Skippack Golf Course and uniquely prepared dishes to match! Visit us today and sample one of our specially crafted entrees made from the freshest and healthiest ingredients available, including our pan-seared salmon, and jumbo lump crab. The Farm House also features outside seating and weekly live entertainment. Please contact us to book your next special event or cocktail party!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Farm House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Skippack ›
The Farm House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (54)scenic view (39)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (23)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (8)good for groups (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Friendly but not as tastyBethieDined on 8/23/2014We love this place but the food is not as good now that they have a new chef. It's still good but not as good as it was before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marciaMarciaDined on 8/16/2014We visited yet again and had a wonderful dinner. So nice to sit outside on a summer evening. I had the special arugula salad which I wish they would add to the menu, sooo good. For my dinner I had the appetizer lamb chops. I've had them before and am never disappointed, they are delicious and more than adequate for me. Other dishes are good, but the lamb chops are my favority. My husband has had the meatloaf and loved it but this time had soup and the chick ceasar salad which was very good. We will keep going back.Special Features:
- 1st visit - not the last!gunghoDined on 8/9/2014Service, food and atmosphere were great outside. Was not impressed with the odor inside. Not pleasant. It did smell like a farmhouse. Service was very friendly at the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We ate on the patio with friends. Very relaxing evening. Not rushed. Very good dinners and reasonable prices. Friendly service. The occassional golf cart going by on the ajacent lane was briefly annoying - I think they must be gas as they are not silent. Golf course however was a nice view and across the road was Evansburg Park.Special Features:
- Excellent, but slow service...pubcrawlersDined on 8/8/2014Our first visit -- the ONLY thing to complain about was the long wait to get served, from ~20 minutes between being seated with menus to seeing a server to a longish prep time for the melted brie wheel app and broiled salmon entree. But the food was well worth waiting for -- excellent (moderate) portions, savory ingredients, careful & skillful preparation. The staff was aware of the slow service and very accommodating. It was Lily's first night on the floor--a lot of fun; Travis knows his bar and made sure we were doing okay once he knew of the delay. Very homey atmosphere (we were indoors) and the patio option looked superb, with live music and the golf-course view. We'll go back, and hope they have their service issues resolved..Special Features:
- Just stay away.DES185Dined on 8/7/2014My wife and I have driven past many times and finally stopped in for dinner. We generally aren't ones to complain and very rarely send food back. But when the best part of the meal were the prepackaged rolls, there is more than just room for improvement. Their lobster bisque soup special was mostly salt, some clumpy cream and maybe a little lobster. After one spoonful we sent it back. It was inedible. The "lump" crab was shredded crab with an odd collection of stuff mixed in, including the shells. Even the garlic mashed potatoes were disappointing. Rather than give them the opportunity for strike three, we opted to go salvage our night with dessert and a drink at another restaurant in Skippack. Needless to say, just don't go.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2014Lovely setting overlooking Skippack Golf Club. Food was OK at best. Short ribs were decent but the saffron risotto that came with it was very undercooked and oddly lacking in flavor. Meat loaf was described as a bit dry; the sauce appeared identical to that on the short ribs.Special Features:
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Had a delicious meal, and very friendly staff. I love the white table cloths, small dining room next to a pleasant bar. Just an all around nice place to dine, and really loved the food!Special Features:
- Great Outdoor Dining!!smxccDined on 8/2/2014This was our 2nd trip to The Farm House Restaurant and we returned because of a super first experience!! Sometimes it is true that first impressions are the most important. We were looking forward to a great outdoor dining experience because the weather forecast for Saturday night was awesome. We both remember our first trip to The Farm House Restaurant and so we made reservations for dinner at 7:00 on the patio. We were not disappointed. We had a great night!! Our server was super...the beers were cold...the meals were exceptional...the setting was just what we were looking for...and we had two delicious desserts!! We will be back!!Special Features:
- Food and Drinks and MusicDebDoeDined on 8/1/2014The food has been consistent and very tasty, the drinks as well! The music from Voice in the Mirror goes well for most age groups. Love listening to them!Special Features:
- Farm House reviewpagirl11Dined on 7/26/2014Great service and excellent food! We'll be back...Special Features:
- Enjoyable and relaxing atmospheregr8findDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyable and relaxing dining atmosphere. The food was delicious and preparers requested. Server was most friendly and service was prompt. Dined outdoors on a very pleasant evening. A hidden treasure.Special Features:
- PaulyDined on 7/25/2014Very nice dinner on the patio. Great food. Friendly server and we were not rushed. The Farm House over looks the golf course and Evansburg Park. Beautiful.Special Features:
- It was okJackiedDined on 7/19/2014I had the salmon it was delishous, the broccoli had way too much salt, the potatoes were just ok. My husband enjoyed his dinner. The desserts were not so good.Special Features:
- nice menu, needs attention detailOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2014The restaurant is on a golf course, is inside and outside dining. It was a pleasant night, so we ate outside. The service was prompt to start--took an order but it took a long time to get bread, and a long time to get her to come back. Ordered tuna, prepared rare, and it was anything but rare. It was definitely medium which no pink remaining (wife also had it same way, despite rare) and we thought that was poor prep and poor attention to detail. The waitress may have been waiting on too many tables, but she essentially ignored our table and we went at least 45 minutes without her coming back to fill water, to check on things, etc. Even had I wanted to send the fish back, it would not have been possible and still eaten. Overall, mehSpecial Features:
- Delicioius!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had an outstanding meal! From the salad to dessert! We sat outside and had a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good dinnerMarciaDined on 7/18/2014We visited the Farmhouse once again and had a very enjoyable dinner outside on the patio. The food was delicious and i love the Canyon Road wine, a tasty, refreshing chardonnay at a great price. I had the scallop appetizer and the red beat salad. The scallops were scrumptious. My husband had the meatloaf which I tasted, and it was great They are good about substituting veggies when what is on the menu doesn't suit. We will be sorry when the outdoor dining season is over, but we will continue to enjoy dinner inside.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceluvironhillVIPDined on 7/18/2014When we arrived the young lady was busy making light conversation with the staff. She didn't even acknowledge us until she was done chatting, this took several minutes. We were then seated and waited almost 10 minutes for the waitress. She came and we ordered dinner and a bottle of wine. After 20 minutes another person delivered our dinner, we never got our wine. I told them not to charge it to my bill since I never got it. They said it was already open and will bring it out. I didn't want to drink it after dinner I wanted it before an d during dinner. I will not return to this establishment.Special Features:
- limited menutomeDined on 7/17/2014They only offered steaks on their special menu. our waitress appeared to forget about us as she was waiting on tables inside and outside. we had to go get her to get our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreDontlikecucumberDined on 7/15/2014Looked great on the web but food was a bit boring, specially the sides. The dessert menu looks like it came from a Friendly's - ice cream, apple pie or cheese cake. It was allright overall but I was expecting more based on the pictures on the web and the high prices. Don't go there if you are trying to impress someone.
- Pleasant SurpriseCDS10Dined on 7/7/2014My wife and I found the restaurant on Open Table and wanted to try something new. We went early on a Monday night. The food was terrific and the service was very attentive and friendly. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great quiet spotVon7Dined on 6/28/2014We love this place. In the winter, the inside area is cozy and in the summer the outside is beautiful! The food is deLicious and the menu is on the smaller side but still has a nice variety of choices. Service is excellent. The N.Y. Strip is great and so is the salmon. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful sceneryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014the restaurant is beautifully situated on a golf course and pond which was romantic. the service was good, prompt and efficient. The menu and the food left me feeling a little disappointed - it was good, just not great or anything to write home about. it was a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious againLarryRVIPDined on 6/20/2014Once again we had a delicious meal. There were six of us and everyone really enjoyed their meal. The place was packed both inside and out. So service and turn around from the kitchen was slower that normal but the quality did not suffer at all. We felt bad for Dina because she was so busy but did not forget about us.Special Features:
- Lovely!DeeWDined on 6/20/2014What a nice restaurant. Wonderful service in a relaxing and charming setting, we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Will return many times, we are sure.Special Features:
- kathysreviewDined on 6/19/2014two of us had salmon - it was overdone. One in our party had pasta and that was just OK. One in our party had the short ribs and she liked them but also had the cheesecake and thought it tasted - store bought - not homemade. Honestly, we would not go back or recommend to others. very dissapointed in it.Special Features:
- Ok, nothing specialSillymeVIPDined on 6/17/2014Wound up here after other arrangements fell through. Food was well prepared, but menu is not very big. We were literally only people inside (maybe 1 other party outside) and service was very slow. Our plates sat empty, waiting to be cleared for a good 10-15 minutes after each course. Server was busy gossiping with bartender while we sat there. Overall it was okay but I don't think we will go back.
- cjrdineVIPDined on 6/14/2014lobster mac & cheese was very good. we both enjoyed it. downhill from there. 4 small scallops and dry risoto for about $23...really? meatloaf ok but would not recommend. we liked some aspects of the somewhat cozy atmospere. don't know if we would go back. might try lunch might not.
- Good local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The outdoor seating was perfect. The drinks were very tasty. The food is good just not great. It is simple food done well. We will be back because it is something different than the other Skippack resturants and it won't break the bank. The outdoor area with music on a Friday night made it exactly what we were looking for, this alone would bring us back.Special Features:
- Hidden gem!BunnyBDined on 6/2/2014We decided to check out the Farmhouse for our anniversary dinner! The waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food was out of this world! I haven't had braised short ribs like that since my mom made them when I was a kid! My husband loved his meatloaf too. The french beans were done perfectly......just a tiny crunch!! An excellent overall experience. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineVIPDined on 5/31/2014There were four of us at the table. Three dinners were served and one had to go back because it was cold. When it was brought back, the steak was tough, and the other diners had practically finished. The server was apologetic, and the manager gave dessert and coffee as an apology. It may be better on a night other than a Saturday night, when service and the kitchen might not be so stressed.
- mixed reviewdinewmeDined on 5/31/2014The service was terrible. They seemed to have no system in place for assigning tables. Once seated, it seemed only the hostess was aware of our presence and she quickly forgot about us. The view from the outdoor patio was lovely but golf carts drove by at regular intervals. Some — but not all — of the food was excellent. I had a lovely salad. I had the scallops and mushroom risotto for my meal. The scallops were delicious but there were only 5 of them. The risotto wasn't cooked properly and lacked seasoning. All in all, we won't go back.Special Features:
- Don't order steakSteveDined on 5/30/2014We went for a dinner on a Friday night. The weather was awesome so we sat outside. It was a beautiful view. The crab cake appetizer was great. My wife ordered the scallops and I ordered the flat iron steak. They made me the filet mignon off the menu. They told me they made the wrong thing but did not offer to let me eat what they made. I was nervous about the steak because they did not ask me how I wanted it prepared. So I watched my wife eat the scallops which she enjoyed. When my steak came it was well done and bland. Even the horseradish cheddar mashed potatoes tasted bland. I was told the cook does not monitor steak temp. I will go back just stay with seafood.Special Features:
- Wonderful time and time againBethieDined on 5/24/2014The food and service here is excellent. We were sitting outside because we arrived early and Dina came out to offer to bring a cocktail. When we went inside to enjoy our meal it was just fantastic. Baked Brie was perfectly done. Calamari had the perfect zing. My salmon was wonderful and his steak was perfectly seasoned. Finished off with an apple pie ala mode. Unpretentious elegant friendly and just lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for cool kids onlyout2dinnerDined on 5/23/2014Feel like this restaurant is my secret; however lots of other cool kids know about it too. Fortunate to go on a Friday night when the live music was playing. Our server Gina was fun, funny and happy. The food is excellent and drinks creative. Tell only your favorite friends about this place.Special Features:
- Retirement DinnerCelebration4JuneDined on 5/21/2014I chose to hold my friend's retirement dinner here because of past experience. The dinner was fabulous and all who came expressed thanks to me for choosing your restaurant. I also want to give special kudos to our server, Deena, who could not have been more accommodating to any request made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Farm HousenancyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Our party of four arrived and was seated quickly for our 7:00 reservation on a Saturday night. The dining room had a nice, cozy atmosphere; although, the room was a bit crowded and could have used fewer tables. The restaurant was short-staffed but did a wonderful job of serving us. We all enjoyed our meals which included the barramundi fish, salmon and duck dishes. We intended to dine outside on the lovely patio; however, it was a bit chilly for that. The prices are average and we used a Restaurant.com certificate to pay for part of our meal. We did not have coffee or dessert. The outside area is very scenic and we look forward to our return and, hopefully, dining outside.Special Features:
- Excellent Food/ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Had dinner on Friday...Lobster Mac n Cheese was excellent and we both enjoyed our entrees. Wait staff was excellent. The only fall back is that there was little intimacy, it would loud and felt like all the tables could hear our conversation. However, the food out weighed the noice. Nice little dinner spot, would definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sign of a good restaurantJosephDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I have enjoyed the Farm House several times before this visit. Last evening my wife ordered a meal not realizing that it consisted of heavy cream, which she cannot eat. The waitress without question apologized for not making the dish clear, offered to take it back, and the chef modified the recipe on the spot allowing my wife to enjoy the dish she had originally anticipated. In addition to great food, service and atmosphere, this was another sign of a quality restaurant where the customer comes first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good, not disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014It's a bit off the beaten path, but worth a special trip. The atmosphere is charming and the service very good. Nice, simple menu, but everything we ordered (party of 6) was well-received and nothing but clean plates were picked up when we were finished. Service wasn't rushed, either, which I really appreciated. Prices a bit high for what we had, but overall a positive experience.I would recommend this to a friend.