The Farm House Restaurant
1146 Stump Hall Rd.
Skippack, PA 19474Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Farm House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.skippackfarmhouse.com/
- Phone: 6105845170x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Casey Leffell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Farm House Restaurant
Located in the picturesque Evansburg State Park, The Farm House Restaurant offers a remarkable view of the Skippack Golf Course and uniquely prepared dishes to match! Visit us today and sample one of our specially crafted entrees made from the freshest and healthiest ingredients available, including our pan-seared salmon, and jumbo lump crab. The Farm House also features outside seating and weekly live entertainment. Please contact us to book your next special event or cocktail party!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Farm House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Skippack ›
The Farm House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (48)scenic view (36)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (21)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (12)good for groups (9)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Farm House reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Great service and excellent food! We'll be back...Special Features:
- Enjoyable and relaxing atmospheregr8findDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyable and relaxing dining atmosphere. The food was delicious and preparers requested. Server was most friendly and service was prompt. Dined outdoors on a very pleasant evening. A hidden treasure.Special Features:
- PaulyDined on 7/25/2014Very nice dinner on the patio. Great food. Friendly server and we were not rushed. The Farm House over looks the golf course and Evansburg Park. Beautiful.Special Features:
- It was okJackiedDined on 7/19/2014I had the salmon it was delishous, the broccoli had way too much salt, the potatoes were just ok. My husband enjoyed his dinner. The desserts were not so good.Special Features:
- nice menu, needs attention detailOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2014The restaurant is on a golf course, is inside and outside dining. It was a pleasant night, so we ate outside. The service was prompt to start--took an order but it took a long time to get bread, and a long time to get her to come back. Ordered tuna, prepared rare, and it was anything but rare. It was definitely medium which no pink remaining (wife also had it same way, despite rare) and we thought that was poor prep and poor attention to detail. The waitress may have been waiting on too many tables, but she essentially ignored our table and we went at least 45 minutes without her coming back to fill water, to check on things, etc. Even had I wanted to send the fish back, it would not have been possible and still eaten. Overall, mehSpecial Features:
- Delicioius!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had an outstanding meal! From the salad to dessert! We sat outside and had a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good dinnerMarciaDined on 7/18/2014We visited the Farmhouse once again and had a very enjoyable dinner outside on the patio. The food was delicious and i love the Canyon Road wine, a tasty, refreshing chardonnay at a great price. I had the scallop appetizer and the red beat salad. The scallops were scrumptious. My husband had the meatloaf which I tasted, and it was great They are good about substituting veggies when what is on the menu doesn't suit. We will be sorry when the outdoor dining season is over, but we will continue to enjoy dinner inside.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceluvironhillVIPDined on 7/18/2014When we arrived the young lady was busy making light conversation with the staff. She didn't even acknowledge us until she was done chatting, this took several minutes. We were then seated and waited almost 10 minutes for the waitress. She came and we ordered dinner and a bottle of wine. After 20 minutes another person delivered our dinner, we never got our wine. I told them not to charge it to my bill since I never got it. They said it was already open and will bring it out. I didn't want to drink it after dinner I wanted it before an d during dinner. I will not return to this establishment.Special Features:
- limited menutomeDined on 7/17/2014They only offered steaks on their special menu. our waitress appeared to forget about us as she was waiting on tables inside and outside. we had to go get her to get our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreDontlikecucumberDined on 7/15/2014Looked great on the web but food was a bit boring, specially the sides. The dessert menu looks like it came from a Friendly's - ice cream, apple pie or cheese cake. It was allright overall but I was expecting more based on the pictures on the web and the high prices. Don't go there if you are trying to impress someone.
- Pleasant SurpriseCDS10Dined on 7/7/2014My wife and I found the restaurant on Open Table and wanted to try something new. We went early on a Monday night. The food was terrific and the service was very attentive and friendly. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great quiet spotVon7Dined on 6/28/2014We love this place. In the winter, the inside area is cozy and in the summer the outside is beautiful! The food is deLicious and the menu is on the smaller side but still has a nice variety of choices. Service is excellent. The N.Y. Strip is great and so is the salmon. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful sceneryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014the restaurant is beautifully situated on a golf course and pond which was romantic. the service was good, prompt and efficient. The menu and the food left me feeling a little disappointed - it was good, just not great or anything to write home about. it was a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious againLarryRVIPDined on 6/20/2014Once again we had a delicious meal. There were six of us and everyone really enjoyed their meal. The place was packed both inside and out. So service and turn around from the kitchen was slower that normal but the quality did not suffer at all. We felt bad for Dina because she was so busy but did not forget about us.Special Features:
- Lovely!DeeWDined on 6/20/2014What a nice restaurant. Wonderful service in a relaxing and charming setting, we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Will return many times, we are sure.Special Features:
- kathysreviewDined on 6/19/2014two of us had salmon - it was overdone. One in our party had pasta and that was just OK. One in our party had the short ribs and she liked them but also had the cheesecake and thought it tasted - store bought - not homemade. Honestly, we would not go back or recommend to others. very dissapointed in it.Special Features:
- Ok, nothing specialSillymeVIPDined on 6/17/2014Wound up here after other arrangements fell through. Food was well prepared, but menu is not very big. We were literally only people inside (maybe 1 other party outside) and service was very slow. Our plates sat empty, waiting to be cleared for a good 10-15 minutes after each course. Server was busy gossiping with bartender while we sat there. Overall it was okay but I don't think we will go back.
- cjrdineVIPDined on 6/14/2014lobster mac & cheese was very good. we both enjoyed it. downhill from there. 4 small scallops and dry risoto for about $23...really? meatloaf ok but would not recommend. we liked some aspects of the somewhat cozy atmospere. don't know if we would go back. might try lunch might not.
- Good local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The outdoor seating was perfect. The drinks were very tasty. The food is good just not great. It is simple food done well. We will be back because it is something different than the other Skippack resturants and it won't break the bank. The outdoor area with music on a Friday night made it exactly what we were looking for, this alone would bring us back.Special Features:
- Hidden gem!BunnyBDined on 6/2/2014We decided to check out the Farmhouse for our anniversary dinner! The waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food was out of this world! I haven't had braised short ribs like that since my mom made them when I was a kid! My husband loved his meatloaf too. The french beans were done perfectly......just a tiny crunch!! An excellent overall experience. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineVIPDined on 5/31/2014There were four of us at the table. Three dinners were served and one had to go back because it was cold. When it was brought back, the steak was tough, and the other diners had practically finished. The server was apologetic, and the manager gave dessert and coffee as an apology. It may be better on a night other than a Saturday night, when service and the kitchen might not be so stressed.
- mixed reviewdinewmeDined on 5/31/2014The service was terrible. They seemed to have no system in place for assigning tables. Once seated, it seemed only the hostess was aware of our presence and she quickly forgot about us. The view from the outdoor patio was lovely but golf carts drove by at regular intervals. Some — but not all — of the food was excellent. I had a lovely salad. I had the scallops and mushroom risotto for my meal. The scallops were delicious but there were only 5 of them. The risotto wasn't cooked properly and lacked seasoning. All in all, we won't go back.Special Features:
- Don't order steakSteveDined on 5/30/2014We went for a dinner on a Friday night. The weather was awesome so we sat outside. It was a beautiful view. The crab cake appetizer was great. My wife ordered the scallops and I ordered the flat iron steak. They made me the filet mignon off the menu. They told me they made the wrong thing but did not offer to let me eat what they made. I was nervous about the steak because they did not ask me how I wanted it prepared. So I watched my wife eat the scallops which she enjoyed. When my steak came it was well done and bland. Even the horseradish cheddar mashed potatoes tasted bland. I was told the cook does not monitor steak temp. I will go back just stay with seafood.Special Features:
- Wonderful time and time againBethieDined on 5/24/2014The food and service here is excellent. We were sitting outside because we arrived early and Dina came out to offer to bring a cocktail. When we went inside to enjoy our meal it was just fantastic. Baked Brie was perfectly done. Calamari had the perfect zing. My salmon was wonderful and his steak was perfectly seasoned. Finished off with an apple pie ala mode. Unpretentious elegant friendly and just lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for cool kids onlyout2dinnerDined on 5/23/2014Feel like this restaurant is my secret; however lots of other cool kids know about it too. Fortunate to go on a Friday night when the live music was playing. Our server Gina was fun, funny and happy. The food is excellent and drinks creative. Tell only your favorite friends about this place.Special Features:
- Retirement DinnerCelebration4JuneDined on 5/21/2014I chose to hold my friend's retirement dinner here because of past experience. The dinner was fabulous and all who came expressed thanks to me for choosing your restaurant. I also want to give special kudos to our server, Deena, who could not have been more accommodating to any request made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Farm HousenancyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Our party of four arrived and was seated quickly for our 7:00 reservation on a Saturday night. The dining room had a nice, cozy atmosphere; although, the room was a bit crowded and could have used fewer tables. The restaurant was short-staffed but did a wonderful job of serving us. We all enjoyed our meals which included the barramundi fish, salmon and duck dishes. We intended to dine outside on the lovely patio; however, it was a bit chilly for that. The prices are average and we used a Restaurant.com certificate to pay for part of our meal. We did not have coffee or dessert. The outside area is very scenic and we look forward to our return and, hopefully, dining outside.Special Features:
- Excellent Food/ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Had dinner on Friday...Lobster Mac n Cheese was excellent and we both enjoyed our entrees. Wait staff was excellent. The only fall back is that there was little intimacy, it would loud and felt like all the tables could hear our conversation. However, the food out weighed the noice. Nice little dinner spot, would definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sign of a good restaurantJosephDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I have enjoyed the Farm House several times before this visit. Last evening my wife ordered a meal not realizing that it consisted of heavy cream, which she cannot eat. The waitress without question apologized for not making the dish clear, offered to take it back, and the chef modified the recipe on the spot allowing my wife to enjoy the dish she had originally anticipated. In addition to great food, service and atmosphere, this was another sign of a quality restaurant where the customer comes first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good, not disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014It's a bit off the beaten path, but worth a special trip. The atmosphere is charming and the service very good. Nice, simple menu, but everything we ordered (party of 6) was well-received and nothing but clean plates were picked up when we were finished. Service wasn't rushed, either, which I really appreciated. Prices a bit high for what we had, but overall a positive experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickyVIPDined on 5/9/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and were seated by the hostess. The hostess gave us a menu and filled our glasses with water. We waited for 5 minutes and saw no sign of a server. A server went over to a table next to ours and ignored us on her way back to the kitchen. The hostess came by to refill our glasses and we told her to please send over our server. After an additional 5 minutes of waiting for someone to appear, we decided to leave. We let the hostess know we were leaving because no server ever stopped to acknowledge that we were even there. It was our first time to this restaurant which was half an hour away from our home. Can't really comment on the food because we didn't have any.
- nice find!yumyumDined on 5/9/2014My husband and I went to the Farmhouse for a date night dinner. It was live music night....so it was a little noisy inside. We decided to eat outside instead. Server was very nice....but she was very busy. Service ended up being slow...but the food was good. We'll go back....but maybe during the week on a less busy night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLarryRVIPDined on 5/9/2014We both had a great meal. Food was excellent as was the service. It was very busy but the staff di a great job. I had the Lobster Ravioli that was done perfect my wife had the seared Scallop's that were delicious and done perfect. We love this place.Special Features:
- Mother's DayCBL4foodDined on 5/8/2014Brunch is great: Not overly presented with choices--this is just right. Good food that people like. Especially love the Salmon! Nicely kept cold or hot. Service is wonderful. Reservations spaced nicely so that you are not crowded. Here often.Special Features:
- Nice ambience and excellent serviceAudubonKDined on 5/3/2014Found this restaurant on Open Table while looking for a place to eat short notice. Service was excellent (don't remember her name!) and the ambience very nice. A varied menu which was new for Spring. My husband had the maple salad, salmon which came with broccoli and potatoes and the apple pie ala mode. He said his meal was very tasty. I had Caesar salad and jumbo lump crab with remoulade with broccoli and potatoes. The salad too drenched for me and the crab was overpowered by the celery. The dishes were presented very nicely. It rained while we were there but there was room for outdoor seating which looked very nice. Dress is casual as many people came directly from the golf course the restaurant is situated on.Special Features:
- MBMBDined on 5/2/2014It was very loud. But food was excellent. idd like to try again soon and sit outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Remarkable Find in the ParkFlemmitDined on 4/26/2014Excellent food served artistically. Scallops melt in your mouth. Generous, but not overwhelming portions. The service is attentive but low key. Even though the restaurant was Saturday-night busy, we were not rushedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/20/2014We had Easter dinner at the Farm House. The food and service were excellent. Thr rack of lamb was delicious as were the appetizers and beet salad. The chambord margarita was fabulous as well Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceFoodieDined on 4/13/2014Our party of four enjoyed the dinner we had at the Farmhouse. The service was good and the food was served attractively and at the right temperature. It is a cozy restaurant next to the Skippack golf course. The dining room is small and the setting is cozy. The rack of lamb and the lump crab meat is very good. I also recommend the red beat salad. We've been to this restaurant before and will go back again.Special Features:
- wonderful findpollywogDined on 4/12/2014have never been here recommended by a friend. Had trout special husband had crab cakes they were both excellent and the service was also. We will return!!Special Features: