The Farm House
210 Almond Street
Nashville, TN 37201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Farm House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefarmhousetn.com/
- Phone: 6155220688x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday-Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday brunch - 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Trey Cioccia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our Private Dining Room and Full Restaurant Buyouts, we are limited to chef's seasonal menus and any selections must be made from his offerings based on what is in season from his farm and farmers.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining area seats 24 people.
More about our place:
A rustic space with an eclectic set of collectibles is what you can expect when walking into The Farm House. To the left of the bar, guests can admire a wall collage of refurbished farmhouse doors that chef Trey Cioccia has collected from all over Tennessee. In keeping with the down-home feel, the 4,000-square-foot space will feature handmade accents, Tennessee heirlooms and warm, modern lighting. Cioccia’s mother, Pam Cashman is lead designer in the entire process.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 6155220688x
- Special Events: Any inquiries can be sent to email@example.com and our managers will assist you in booking details.
A word from The Farm House
Nashville’s newest restaurant, The Farm House, offers traditional Southern cuisine with modern technique and fresh, locally-sourced ingredients. Former executive chef of Cantina Laredo and sous chef of Capitol Grille, Trey Cioccia is now the owner and executive chef of The Farm House, where he will create unique dishes, offer sophisticated service and share the flavors and culture he grew up with. Located at street-level of the Encore building, the interior of the restaurant will keep with the traditional Southern theme sourcing handmade reclaimed wood tables, Tennessee heirlooms and warm, modern lighting. Dishes consisting of house-cured meats and local ingredients, along with high-quality bourbon cocktails will be available to guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Farm House - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Farm House reviews from OpenTable diners
285 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (206)special occasion (86)neighborhood gem (80)hot spot (77)good for groups (73)notable wine list (33)romantic (31)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (26)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)Show More
- Best in Nashville!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Amazing food! Four foodies in Three Nights, all of us giving The Farm House our vote!!!!Special Features:
- A little too preciousStillhungryDined on 9/27/2014Went to the Farm House with too high expectations. The limited menu offered a very good kale salad and a good pork chop, but the sides were ridiculously salty. Far beyond flavorful. Craft beer selection was not up to coastal standards, wine list was OK. All in all, it was an overpriced, noisy, hurried meal, rather than the leisurely start to a pleasant evening.
- Perfect , good food, nice cocktailsFunFunFennDined on 9/26/2014We had a great Nashville style dining experience. By Nashville style, I mean they had hot chicken on the menu but it was served upscale and extremely tasty with great sides. We had some interesting cocktails and never felt rushed in the dinner, but it was quite friendly. Good atmosphere, warm and welcoming, next door to the fancier Etch. I prefer this one and will be back.Special Features:
- Good, Interesting food, but priceyBillyBDined on 9/26/2014Five of us ate on a Friday night. The food is mostly all local and really good. I had pan seared catfish which was good, but not $25 good. Wife had the farm plate, a bunch of interesting vegetables which she loved. Friend had the bison steak which was extremely tender and good since it was served quite rare (but you have to do bison rare, else it's like rubber); not sure it was worth $32. We had a few local beers and shared a couple of deserts and the total bill for 5 was $300. FYI - this is a very casual place, the servers wear jeans and western shirts.
- Will be returningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014I was very pleased with the meal I was served at The Farm House. The fresh vegetable plate is perfect for vegetarians because you receive the special sides and get to select two sides from the regular list. It was nice to have a choice and not just get whatever vegetables the kitchen had on hand. The service wasn't amazing... our server wasn't very attentive and was actually laughing over our heads with another server but it was the start of a Friday night so maybe they were bored. Pro tip: go with valet parking - the price of the lot is ridiculous!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014The food was not as good as expected. The service and ambiance was great, but my porkchop was tough. The wine we ordered was not available after we ordered it. They don't have the basic liquors, like Bailey's available. For the cost, I don't believe I will return.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014I was visiting Nashville with some of my family and Farm House had been recommended to me by a friend who lives in Nashville. We had a 7:45 reservation and arrived early and sat at the bar for a drink. Bartender was friendly and created a special drink for me since I didn't know what I wanted. Yummy. We were called to our table on time and once seated greeted quickly by our server. Food choices were mainly centered around meat dishes. We ordered within a short time and then waited …and waited… by the time we ate we were one of the two or three tables seated. Even when we ordered there were few tables seated so I'm not sure why the wait was so long. Food was small portions and overpriced. Quality was just ok. Would not go back.
- Disappointment.SmartPakerLissaDined on 9/24/2014For all the hype The Farmhouse was a major disappointment. Bison was served raw-not medium rare.kale salad was good. Wine was mediocre at best.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJBsNashvilleDined on 9/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. From the food to the staff to the location, would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodfedaVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food, service, and experience were all great, but the only complaint I have is that the spaghetti squash with my bison dish I was really not a fan of. Maybe it's because I've only had spaghetti squash a few times, maybe it was the pesto, but it tasted just really really planty, like I was eating grass. I ended up just eating around it (the bison, bacon, tomato were great!) but I was just slightly disappointed in that. Everything else was very goodSpecial Features:
- Great night at farm house.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The food was good. Everything was fresh and unique although everything was over salted as well. The pork belly app was our favorite. We will come back!Special Features:
- Fun and fabulousLaffyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great food ... Especially the pork belly. Waiters seemed stretched thin and took longer than normal for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gormet southern cuisineCylie5Dined on 9/19/2014Trey is an amazing chef and the freshness is apparent in every bite. I could eat here everyday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014We took 3 couples and had a great time. Food was phenomenal! Waitstaff was fantastic. Very impressed. You often read mixed reviews, but over 80% of people on social media sites liked it and they were right on..Special Features:
- Highlight of our Memphis Trip!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2014This restaurant has been open approximately a year and you would never know it! They have their act together!! The cocktails we had were perfect!! For an appetizer we had the pork belly - Charred scallion pancake, Steens, 62 egg, cracklings, onion ash For entrees, I had the shrimp and grits and my husband had the pork dish. Both were fabulous! This is place is not just a restaurant but it is a total experience!! They prepare the food scientifically and it is savory, tender and fabulous!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Our server was awesome. The food was delicious. Will be back.Special Features:
- Decor was the best partSusanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great decor, reclaimed wood, loved the valet parking but the food - ehhhh! We went there for breakfast and felt ripped off paying $4.00 for eggs and $5.00 for biscuits (the jelly tasted homemade and was awesome). Waitress acted so bothered to fill up our coffee and provide cream. It is a cute place but nothing notable.Special Features:
- First timeChitownexplorerDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed the eclectic menu and had an awesome server. Fell short with not serving my husband a desert for his 40th birthday...which I had requested in the special instructions when I made the reservation. Also we ordered an 18 oz cut ribeye and it was cold in the center. They did re-fire it, but came back out just about the same. We ate it anyway. Had good flavor and presentation was great. Just not as thrilled with the whole experience. We were informed that one of the main investors was dining near us and she was pointed out. Perhaps the chef was consumed by getting her food perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great healthy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We try to eat mostly organic and all natural and it is hard to find so we were thrilled to find this restaurant to have healthy places to go out to eat. The bison entree was amazing - the others wish they had ordered it. The rib eye steak was just okay, as was the chicken fried -- three of us wanted it so they suggested splitting because the other entree the waiter mentioned which sounded amazing was not available after they told us about it. The biscuit was amazing, the skillet cornbread just so so. The service was great. The noise level was very loud - hard to talk over it and we were doing a birthday dinner with my parents so hard for them to hear.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Downtown NashvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014If you are up for some really fresh and delicious food in a really comfortable setting, this is a great choice. We loved the chicken fried starter with the whipped potatoes. The skillet cornbread side was melt in your mouth delicious. All of the salads were superb. We could not have asked for better service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for what u getJustsayingDined on 9/11/2014FH is a nice addition to the Nashvegas restaurant scene but for the price there are much better options. This is one of those places where one or two courses may wow u but the others are just pedestrian. Pretty limited menu selection but farm to table can be that way. Wine list is nice but markups seem hefty especially among the lower priced wines. But it is worth trying a least once. Service was very friendly but a bit overbearing on the upsell. All in easy to spend $100 per person...not rushing backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Aunt Louise Loved It!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/9/2014We took our great aunt here who cooks everything from scratch and very rarely eats out because she believe's it is not healthy to do so. At 86, Aunt Louise may have a point. Let me say she ate everything on her plate and said it was delicious. I wanted to try dessert, but our aunt had a homemade coconut pie at home so we skipped dessert. We enjoy eating out, but are always looking for healthy options! This was Great! And it passed the Aunt Louise Test!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickDined on 9/6/2014Very unique menu and all of our entrees were very good. Waiters very knowledgeable in menu items and how food prepared. Top of the line service. This restaurant was recommended by hotel (Hiatt) and I would definitely revisit on return trips to Nashville.Special Features:
- Highly recommendJrt37220Dined on 9/6/2014My girlfriends and I were on a Girl's Weekend. Because we are "foodies", we'd heard of The Farm House. It was a suburb choice. Highly recommend the Hot Chicken, the Kale Salad, the Vegetable Plate, and the cocktail Southern Remedy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #3 and still kickin itnurutasDined on 9/6/2014I enjoy the Farmhouse. It is pricey, but on a recent date with the mother of my children, we shared an appetizer and a salad. Satisfied with one drink , we both had excellent main courses. I get this idea of farm to table and sometimes you don't get to have the lamb you loved the last visit and have to go with the trout. I like making reservations and allotting 90 minutes to 2 hours savoring a meal and the company I keep. Everything is always well plated and served with efficiency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good,could be greatGatorgirlDined on 9/5/2014We were seated promptly with our reservation--but the worst tale in the house, right in front of the service door to kitchen and hallway to the bath. They really should not even have a table in this spot--but like most places cram every possible table in. Food selections were varied and interesting without being so out-there that few want to "go-there". They could use maybe one more choice in each category- menu is limited. The craft cocktail selection was very good. Their source local and American-made is clear, however their US choices for wine were not stellar considering the great options the US has to offer. One in our party sets the standard by the chef's Shrimp and Grits, this is now his favorite in Nashville.Special Features:
- Dining at The Farm HouseFoodLoverDined on 9/2/2014I have dined at the Farm House 3 times now. Two times for brunch and one time for dinner. All three times were excellent. For brunch, I highly recommend their eggs benedict. For dinner, we had a sampling of their appetizers, all were very good. For dinner, we all tried something different. Catfish, Trout, Shrimp and Grits, Chicken. Everyone raved about their entrees. Two people had a side dish of fried okra and it was excellent coated in panko bread crumbs. Although we were full, we had to taste the desserts. Once again, we were treated to delicious and creative food. We would all go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betternashvillefoodieDined on 8/31/2014We had a reservation and still had to wait to be seated when there were many tables available. The Brunch menu was simple and made it easy to order but one of the sides was served cold we had to ask to warm it up The food is good, the french fries were deliciously salted and crispy. we could have used a bit more attention from the waiter who seemed to be hurrying from table to table, but he was nice enough to bring us a new biscuits and gravy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and unique menu. The seats were not comfortable and noise level was OVERWHELMING. I literally could not talk to my wifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation Gets A 10!luv2eatDined on 8/30/2014The food presentation was superbly done! Everything was yummy! We loved it all. The atmosphere is casual. The interior is rustic upscale barnyard.The ambience was great. Be prepared for petit portions. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- Great Date NightmouseDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went to Nashville for an overnight date. The Farm House was amazing! The food, drinks, and service were all great! I had shrimp and grits for the first time, and it was amazing! My husband had the hot chicken, and he loved it! We also had deviled eggs and caprese salad. We were pleased with everything we chose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comparison Diningtraverlers1choiceDined on 8/29/2014I recently dined at Rhubarb's in Asheville, NC. Farmhouse pricing and atmosphere were very similar. Rhubarb's was just featured in Southern Living this month. I can honestly say that Farmhouse food was better, atmosphere better and service much better than Rhubarb's. I ride the Music City Star daily and pass by the Farmhouse every afternoon on the way to the train. Friends are always commenting on how good the food is. I agree. The food was excellent. I've lived in Mt Juliet for four years and this is the first opportunity we have had to visit Nashville on a "date night". Usually we have someone with us that wants to go to a location they choose. Due to pricing, I will probably not bring them to farmhouse. Special occasion only.Special Features:
- great but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Decor, service, food, and cocktails were all great. Having said that it was VERY pricey.Special Features:
- Lunch is great, tooJamesVIPDined on 8/27/2014I've enjoyed Farm House for dinner several times and decided to take a client for lunch. We were not disappointed. The lunch menu has things that look like a bologna sandwhich, a hot dog, catfish and the like, as well, as shrimp and grits. Plus much more. It is all handmade and all wonderful - not anything like the baloney sandwhich I took to school for lunch as a kid. You'll enjoy.Special Features:
- 2HoundsDined on 8/25/2014First time there and it was very good so will be back. All of the food was delicious with the exception of the grits. They were a great consistency just a little more smoked that I like. Everything else was really great, especially the deviled eggs, kale salad and the corn salad.Special Features:
- Farm to Table GemlynnewDined on 8/23/2014This place never disappoints. The food is always fresh, always tasty and seasoned perfectly. I took a party of six. We ordered the hot chicken, shrimp and grits, vegetable plate and a variety of appetizers. The pork belly appetizer was by far the group's favorite.Special Features:
- LuvTravelLuvTravelDined on 8/23/2014We tried this for the first time and LOVED it. Everyone in our party of 4 ordered something different and we all agreed it was more than we expected. We got the deviled eggs and pimento cheese for appetizers as well and they were great! We will return soon!!Special Features:
- Good farm cuisine downtownklgmdVIPDined on 8/22/2014The four of us ate here on a Saturday night, after snagging reservations a few days before. Easy valet parking. Small entrance and bar area. They have a lot of moonshine drinks on the menu. Vibe is relaxed but noisy. The menu lists 4 or 5 starters- we liked the pork belly with scallion pancakes and soft-boiled egg very much. More variable were the dinners- vegetarian plate was quite disappointing and nothing at all special. Hot chicken was tasty but dry. Shrimp and grits was good but not great. Best dish was the pork chop, which came with a grain sausage and a yummy mix underneath. Prices were about average for Nashville. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I am a huge foodie, so I was excited to try the Farmhouse. While I appreciate what they are trying to accomplish, they completely missed the mark. Food was below average and service was surprisingly bad. If you are downtown Nashville, go for the Southern .. Great good, great vibe, great service .
- Dang. That was good!LukeDined on 8/20/2014My wife & I celebrated our 9yr wedding anniversary at The Farm House. We were very impressed. Love the ambiance, the service, the style, & of course the food! From the Butter Biscuits & Double Deviled Eggs to the Shrimp & Grits & Bison Filet - We loved it all! Drinks were outstanding as well. My only issue is that we didn't leave enough room for dessert ;-) Guess we'll have to come back... You won't be disappointed!Special Features: