The Farm House
210 Almond Street
Nashville, TN 37201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Farm House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefarmhousetn.com/
- Phone: (615) 522-0688
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour (at the bar only): Monday-Friday 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday-Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday brunch - 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Trey Cioccia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our Private Dining Room and Full Restaurant Buyouts, we are limited to chef's seasonal menus and any selections must be made from his offerings based on what is in season from his farm and farmers.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining area seats 24 people.
More about our place:
A rustic space, with heirloom touches from Trey's own family. In keeping with the down-home feel, the 24 seat space will feature handmade accents, Tennessee heirlooms and warm, modern lighting. Cioccia’s mother, Pam Cashman is lead designer in the entire process. Our Private Dining Space is available Mon, Tues and Wed. Food and Beverage minimum plus applicable TN state/local taxes and 20% gratuity apply. The menu can be selected from our current seasonal menu or limited based on the groups preference. Please alert the Chef, at time of booking, of any food allergies.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 6155220688x
- Special Events: Any inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and our managers will assist you in booking details.
- Cross Street: Demonbreun Street
- Public Transit: The city's complimentary transit passes to our area from all 3 routes, map can be found here. http://www.nashvillemta.org/Nashville-MTA-Music-City-Circuit.asp
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Guests can park in various pay-to-park lots located in the SoBro area (including one that is located directly in front of restaurant)or there will be complimentary valet available.
A word from The Farm House
The Farm House, reflects the 15 year dream of Chef Cioccia and offers traditional Southern cuisine with modern technique and fresh, locally-sourced ingredients. Former executive chef of Cantina Laredo and sous chef of Capitol Grille, Trey Cioccia is now the owner and executive chef of The Farm House, where he will create unique dishes, offer sophisticated service and share the flavors and culture he grew up with. Located at street-level of the Encore building, the interior of the restaurant will keep with the traditional Southern theme sourcing handmade reclaimed wood tables, Tennessee heirlooms and warm, modern lighting. Dishes consisting of house-cured meats and local ingredients, along with high-quality bourbon cocktails will be available to guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Farm House - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Farm House reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (211)hot spot (86)good for groups (77)neighborhood gem (71)special occasion (65)great for lunch (35)great for brunch (33)romantic (26)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (15)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014I had friends in from out of town visiting for the night, last minute, and we were able to get a reservation no problem! When we arrived, we were a little early for our reservation so we grabbed a round of drinks at the bar. The bartenders were super awesome and attentive. Once we got seated, our server, Austin, greeted us promptly. It turns out we were in a section that had two servers because we got David as well! Both were very attentive and answered all of our questions, they even talked us into ordering the crispy pig ear app, which turned out to be delicious and very filling! We also got the pimento cheese and the deviled eggs (a classic here). We were THAT group that sat and talked a majority of the time, so we took a bit longer to order, but they did not seem to mind, we were not rushed at all. Even though we filled up on apps, we ordered our entrees, which were delicious! (One got the hot chicken, and the other the short rib) We ended up being one of the last tables in the restaurant, but the staff was very friendly and did not try to rush us out, they even let us grab another round of drinks at the bar after we left our table! Overall, this is a great restaurant. The servers were attentive and more than accomodating to our longer-than-normal dinner. and it was very convenient that they had valet, because our cars were parked right up front so we didn't even have to wait to get them pulled up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a Second TryFoodLover85Dined on 11/23/2014We went to the Farm House for brunch. It wasn't crowded but the service was pretty slow. Not sure what that was about but our waiter was apologetic and he was fine throughout of the meal. Not super friendly but did his job. The brunch menu was very small. I ordered the bacon sandwich. The bacon was excellent. I thought it was supposed to come with Dukes mayo, it was missing it but I ate it anyways. You can't beat good bacon. You got a huge portion of fries which were really potato wedges. If that's your sort of thing you'll like it. I definitely want to go back for dinner or lunch. Probably won't be back for brunch. It was good but not great. There are much better brunch places in Nash. In summary Atmosphere great and brunch food was good/decent but didn't blow me a way. Definitely worth a second try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!TNvisitorDined on 11/22/2014Loved everything about this place! The food, wine list, and service were all great. The crispy brussel sprout salad and hot chicken were highlights for me. We enjoyed it so much we came back for brunch the morning after our dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was terrificStevenVIPDined on 11/22/2014I have to admit I did not love the interior space, so was hesitant. But the food and service were excellent. My chicken was to die for. The brussell sprout salad was perfect. Loved the beer selection as well. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in Nashville.KthaileyDined on 11/18/2014This is my go-to place. I love bringing new people here. I think I've been here 10 times and I finally tried the hot chicken. Oh my goodness. Now I know why they never take it off the menu! Travis is hands-down the best server I've had there. Very knowledgable. Mike wasn't even our server but was happy to come over and explain a dish. I just love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menu and unique beer and bourbon listPedsrnDined on 11/17/2014The hot chicken was excellent, deviled eggs were amazing, cornbread was delicious, and their list of beers and bourbon were local and usa made. Excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely!GGfromOceansideDined on 11/14/2014This place is a must! First of all, our OUTSTANDING waiter, DiMarco made our evening! His humor & Tennessee drawl had us laughing throughout the night! His recommendations were spot on as well. In fact, we allowed him to pick the flavors of our ice cream trio (as there were too many unique flavors to choose from). The sweet corn ice cream was surprisingly our favorite! The sweet & sour pig ear appetizer was very tasty! The white beans were insane! The smoked gouda grits were scrumptious! Everything was delightful! Definitely visit The Farm House for an palate pleasing experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go!JamesVIPDined on 11/14/2014Absolutely terrific. The special cocktails are awesome, especially the Manhattan. And, cornbread, cornbread, cornbread -- gotta' get it. Our server was so nice and helpful. And don't forget the hot chicken sliders to start -- they're not killer hot but the flavor is fantastic, as are the biscuits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot chicken biscuits !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014I took my boyfriend to Farmhouse for his birthday, and told the hostess the occasion. The food and service were amazing. We started off with an appetizer special, which was hot chicken biscuits, that were honestly one of the best apps I've had in Nashville. He ordered the beef cheeks and I ordered the drum, and both were delicious. The night finished with a special blondie dessert from the chef to celebrate the birthday boy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm House - sustainable tablesharkmanDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I ate at the farmhouse. This is my third time to the restaurant and my wife's first. Overall it was a good experience. I ordered the hot chicken. It was a chicken supreme with cayenne, not the Nashville Hot Chicken I have come to expect. My wife's scallops were perfectly cooked and the sides were outstanding. There may be a little too much smoke and salt for some peoples tastes, but overall a good experience. Staff was helpful but not outstanding. The dishes seem to be hit and miss. Last time I was there I ordered the pork rollup which was the dish that brought me back. Good date place, convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple food made complex & fancy.TStephDined on 11/14/2014Worth the experience at least once. Riffs on southern classics similar to listening to jazz riffs - at times the melody is lost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FarmhouseDined on 11/13/2014Food was wonderful and portions were generous. Service was great. Setting was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitRenoDined on 11/12/2014We were seated promptly. We were advised that it would take 3 o4 minutes before our waiter stopped by. We appreciated the warning, but we were in no hurry. The food was great. I had the fried chicken. It was spiced perfectly for my taste. I loved the biscuit puree. We would go back if we get back to Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a new category for noise levelcpmdfmVIPDined on 11/12/2014This is my second visit to the Farm House--the food is southern and the capacity to have a conversation is minimal. It is one of the loudest restaurants I have been in and in contrast to having some "background noise", it is hard to hear people across the table. Indeed, many couples seem to sit quietly, often looking at their phones instead of talking! The waiter needs some training as reaching across a table is not a professional standard when all seats are accessible. He often walked up and interrupted, instead of waiting briefly to garner the table's attention. The food is inspired southern, which places it among the myriad of other southern based food establishments in this town. This is a place to visit on occasion, and my quota is used up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Networking SceneJSP4VIPDined on 11/12/2014Great lunch spot for networking. Nice buzz in the dining room. I had a special salad, which was delicious, but too small for a lunch entree. So I ordered a decadent dessert which definitely filled me up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were pleasantly surprised.RWH123VIPDined on 11/9/2014As visitors to Nashville looking for a good meal Sunday morning, we literally stumbled into The Farm House. As we approached the restaurant, we asked leaving guests for suggestions. As each person enthusiastically told us their favorites, we knew instantly we were in for a great meal. We highly recommend. Too bad it will be awhile until our next visit to the Nash.Special Features:
- Great BrunchCCfoodfunDined on 11/9/2014The family came to Farm House for brunch Sunday. Even though my order was incorrect, it was quickly replaced and then a substitute offered for a missing ingredient that was no longer available. We had a fantastic experience and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!etownsoundDined on 11/8/2014My girlfriend and I ate here while on a vacation in Nashville. The service was excellent and the food, which is all local, was absolutely delicious! We shared the pimiento cheese app and split the porkchop and a side of mac and cheese and cornbread. The cornbread was phenomenal! Unfortunately we were too full to take a shot at the dessert menu, but we wish we could've tried! Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a nice romantic evening with great food.
- GRSmithDined on 11/7/2014The Brussel sprout salad was amazing! Actually, all the sides were great. The noise level was a little high, but the food and service made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an occasional evening outPushingDaisiesDined on 11/7/2014Starting with the valet, our party of four was well taken care of all night. Our waitress was a little overwhelmed with the number of daily specials (can't blame her, the list was long), but she certainly knew her stuff and was pleasant and attentive. Others also supported her in bringing out our food and drinks without being intrusive. And the food, well I can't think of anything that we didn't like, even though our party is very diverse in our tastes. My drum was prepared perfectly, as was the side of cauliflower. Probably the only thing I didn't care for was the blonde brownie, which was like a hard cookie. However, the ice cream it came with was superb. Just remember, you get what you pay for, and here, you'll pay plenty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unlikely to returnP1662Dined on 11/5/2014My food was so salty that I couldn't finish my meal. A couple of people in the party ordered the chicken and said it was over done and dry.
- Divine. Exceptional. Unique.NashvilleFoodieDined on 11/1/2014First, I've been for lunch in the past and thoroughly enjoyed my time at The Farm House from start to finish. So this time around, dinner was amazing. Again, our table started with the double deviled eggs topped with chow chow and smoked salt perfectly lined on serving dish made from sanded down barn boards - one word, YUM! I had the trout for my entree and it was divine, perfectly prepared and presented. I will return again and again, it's a unique restaurant with an extraordinary menu (short but still extraordinary :)Special Features:
- Comfort food at gourmet prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Although the food was tasty, there was nothing special enough to command the prices charged. Pork chop was overcooked. Mystery vegetables with beef ribs were too chewy for my taste. Nice service helped make the evening feel special. Overall, pretty disappointed. Overpriced.
- DblndblnDined on 10/31/2014We were pleased to find a vegetarian choice that was full of their side dishes and had flexibility in choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Don't let the small menu worry you. All of the food was great! Would definitely go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!KthaileyDined on 10/31/2014I love this restaurant! Great food and great service! Recently tried their Sunday brunch. Liked it so much I returned the next week. Try the Sangria, but watch out. It carries a mean punch!Special Features:
- Good slightly priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/29/2014I really understand farm to table being expensive but we thought the salad was very small for $11 it was tasty just small. We had the whole fish they did not debone at table so I saw many struggling to eat. It took my husbands assistance to remove bone without trashing the fish. It also was a bit salty and my husband could not eat the lentils because of the salt issue. Knowing this I would go in with different thoughts and ask questions about the dishesSpecial Features:
- Not goodEttissDined on 10/28/2014A very bad mix of burnt and under cooked. Food was bad. Will not go back.
- Great Date night placeFunFunFennDined on 10/27/2014Cocktails and a nice dinner menu make this an enjoyable location - while close to the action. Not as uptight as next door's Etch, this location is exactly what you'd like - dress up or down, but enjoy the wait staff and dinner at a good value.Special Features:
- Southern BrunchDMPADined on 10/26/2014We were staying in downtown Nashville for the weekend and found this great spot. Our server was friendly, efficient and offered some great tips of places to visit in Nashville. Our food was amazing. We had the steak biscuits (the daily special) and eggs benedict. Both meals were flavorful, filling and reasonably priced. Would recommend this place to anyone visiting Nashville who wants a delicious meal made with fresh, local ingredients.Special Features:
- Excellent!ktthefoodieDined on 10/25/2014All four of us had meals which were made with local ingredients. Nice wine and beer selection also highlighting local products.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just really tastyJasonVIPDined on 10/25/2014Fresh, creative dining experience. Will head back as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014We had the trout and ribeye and they were amazing. BEST dessert EVER!! Pots de cream with maple, sweet potato shortbread cookie and butter pecan ice cream was the best dessert we've ever eaten! The pastry chef is the best in Nashville.Special Features:
- I love farm to tablejlschantzVIPDined on 10/25/2014The Farm House is a great find. The food was just terrific, with one exception, which I must admit was an adventure. That was the crisp brussell salad. It sounded great, but was just too odd for my taste. That being said, the quality of everything else was just great. The short rib was perfection and the blondie dessert was to die for. Great cocktails, too. Our server, DeMarco, was very entertaining and made it a fun experience. We'd definitely go back when in Nashville.Special Features:
- Good meal and good service.KeweDined on 10/24/2014The hot chicken came with a biscuit purée which was a nice twist and worked well with the dish. My wife had the trout which came whole, she enjoyed it. Dessert was OK but nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FarmHouse food amazingSarahDined on 10/24/2014Dinner was exceptional. From the Brussel salad to the hot chicken entree. Muy delicioso! Our server on the other hand was perfectly nice but unavailable and overwhelmed. Between our salad and entree it took 45 mins!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh from the farmBuckeyeDined on 10/23/2014We didn't realize the potential from reading the menu but we all got something different.....every single meal was more delicious than the other. The bison was prepared to order and the pesto/spegetti squash was a real delight. The Black Drum and the pork chop were also super. The unique menu, the atmosphere, the drinks, and more made it a great foodie evening. Service was average and the food took a little long in getting to the table but it was well worth the wait, don't miss this place if you are visiting the Music City.Special Features:
- Good, could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/23/2014Server was neither friendly nor nasty but not very helpful when asked questions. Salad came quickly but entrees took almost an hour. No explanation was given until after we followed up and food finally arrived. Luckily the food was good and the experience was not overall negative despite the issues with the thoughtless staff.
- One of the best in Nashville!NashvilleFoodieDined on 10/23/2014The farm house is one of the best restaurants Nashvile has to offer! I would highly recommend the pork belly and deviled eggs to start with, and you can't go wrong from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was expectingTryitonceDined on 10/22/2014A little fancy for my taste, wasn't sure what all the items on the menu were. Seasonings were too hot, on the pricey side.Special Features: