The Farm House
210 Almond Street
Nashville, TN 37201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Farm House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefarmhousetn.com/
- Phone: 6155220688x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday-Friday 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday brunch - 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Trey Cioccia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our Private Dining Room and Full Restaurant Buyouts, we are limited to chef's seasonal menus and any selections must be made from his offerings based on what is in season from his farm and farmers.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining area seats 24 people.
More about our place:
A rustic space with an eclectic set of collectibles is what you can expect when walking into The Farm House. To the left of the bar, guests can admire a wall collage of refurbished farmhouse doors that chef Trey Cioccia has collected from all over Tennessee. In keeping with the down-home feel, the 4,000-square-foot space will feature handmade accents, Tennessee heirlooms and warm, modern lighting. Cioccia’s mother, Pam Cashman is lead designer in the entire process.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 6155220688x
- Special Events: Any inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and our managers will assist you in booking details.
A word from The Farm House
Nashville’s newest restaurant, The Farm House, offers traditional Southern cuisine with modern technique and fresh, locally-sourced ingredients. Former executive chef of Cantina Laredo and sous chef of Capitol Grille, Trey Cioccia is now the owner and executive chef of The Farm House, where he will create unique dishes, offer sophisticated service and share the flavors and culture he grew up with. Located at street-level of the Encore building, the interior of the restaurant will keep with the traditional Southern theme sourcing handmade reclaimed wood tables, Tennessee heirlooms and warm, modern lighting. Dishes consisting of house-cured meats and local ingredients, along with high-quality bourbon cocktails will be available to guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Farm House - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Farm House reviews from OpenTable diners
274 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (203)special occasion (88)hot spot (77)neighborhood gem (76)good for groups (75)notable wine list (37)romantic (31)great for lunch (30)great for brunch (28)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Decor was the best partSusanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great decor, reclaimed wood, loved the valet parking but the food - ehhhh! We went there for breakfast and felt ripped off paying $4.00 for eggs and $5.00 for biscuits (the jelly tasted homemade and was awesome). Waitress acted so bothered to fill up our coffee and provide cream. It is a cute place but nothing notable.Special Features:
- First timeChitownexplorerDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed the eclectic menu and had an awesome server. Fell short with not serving my husband a desert for his 40th birthday...which I had requested in the special instructions when I made the reservation. Also we ordered an 18 oz cut ribeye and it was cold in the center. They did re-fire it, but came back out just about the same. We ate it anyway. Had good flavor and presentation was great. Just not as thrilled with the whole experience. We were informed that one of the main investors was dining near us and she was pointed out. Perhaps the chef was consumed by getting her food perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great healthy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We try to eat mostly organic and all natural and it is hard to find so we were thrilled to find this restaurant to have healthy places to go out to eat. The bison entree was amazing - the others wish they had ordered it. The rib eye steak was just okay, as was the chicken fried -- three of us wanted it so they suggested splitting because the other entree the waiter mentioned which sounded amazing was not available after they told us about it. The biscuit was amazing, the skillet cornbread just so so. The service was great. The noise level was very loud - hard to talk over it and we were doing a birthday dinner with my parents so hard for them to hear.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Downtown NashvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014If you are up for some really fresh and delicious food in a really comfortable setting, this is a great choice. We loved the chicken fried starter with the whipped potatoes. The skillet cornbread side was melt in your mouth delicious. All of the salads were superb. We could not have asked for better service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for what u getJustsayingDined on 9/11/2014FH is a nice addition to the Nashvegas restaurant scene but for the price there are much better options. This is one of those places where one or two courses may wow u but the others are just pedestrian. Pretty limited menu selection but farm to table can be that way. Wine list is nice but markups seem hefty especially among the lower priced wines. But it is worth trying a least once. Service was very friendly but a bit overbearing on the upsell. All in easy to spend $100 per person...not rushing backI would recommend this to a friend.
- MickDined on 9/6/2014Very unique menu and all of our entrees were very good. Waiters very knowledgeable in menu items and how food prepared. Top of the line service. This restaurant was recommended by hotel (Hiatt) and I would definitely revisit on return trips to Nashville.Special Features:
- Highly recommendJrt37220Dined on 9/6/2014My girlfriends and I were on a Girl's Weekend. Because we are "foodies", we'd heard of The Farm House. It was a suburb choice. Highly recommend the Hot Chicken, the Kale Salad, the Vegetable Plate, and the cocktail Southern Remedy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #3 and still kickin itnurutasDined on 9/6/2014I enjoy the Farmhouse. It is pricey, but on a recent date with the mother of my children, we shared an appetizer and a salad. Satisfied with one drink , we both had excellent main courses. I get this idea of farm to table and sometimes you don't get to have the lamb you loved the last visit and have to go with the trout. I like making reservations and allotting 90 minutes to 2 hours savoring a meal and the company I keep. Everything is always well plated and served with efficiency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good,could be greatGatorgirlDined on 9/5/2014We were seated promptly with our reservation--but the worst tale in the house, right in front of the service door to kitchen and hallway to the bath. They really should not even have a table in this spot--but like most places cram every possible table in. Food selections were varied and interesting without being so out-there that few want to "go-there". They could use maybe one more choice in each category- menu is limited. The craft cocktail selection was very good. Their source local and American-made is clear, however their US choices for wine were not stellar considering the great options the US has to offer. One in our party sets the standard by the chef's Shrimp and Grits, this is now his favorite in Nashville.Special Features:
- Dining at The Farm HouseFoodLoverDined on 9/2/2014I have dined at the Farm House 3 times now. Two times for brunch and one time for dinner. All three times were excellent. For brunch, I highly recommend their eggs benedict. For dinner, we had a sampling of their appetizers, all were very good. For dinner, we all tried something different. Catfish, Trout, Shrimp and Grits, Chicken. Everyone raved about their entrees. Two people had a side dish of fried okra and it was excellent coated in panko bread crumbs. Although we were full, we had to taste the desserts. Once again, we were treated to delicious and creative food. We would all go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betternashvillefoodieDined on 8/31/2014We had a reservation and still had to wait to be seated when there were many tables available. The Brunch menu was simple and made it easy to order but one of the sides was served cold we had to ask to warm it up The food is good, the french fries were deliciously salted and crispy. we could have used a bit more attention from the waiter who seemed to be hurrying from table to table, but he was nice enough to bring us a new biscuits and gravy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and unique menu. The seats were not comfortable and noise level was OVERWHELMING. I literally could not talk to my wifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation Gets A 10!luv2eatDined on 8/30/2014The food presentation was superbly done! Everything was yummy! We loved it all. The atmosphere is casual. The interior is rustic upscale barnyard.The ambience was great. Be prepared for petit portions. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- Great Date NightmouseDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I went to Nashville for an overnight date. The Farm House was amazing! The food, drinks, and service were all great! I had shrimp and grits for the first time, and it was amazing! My husband had the hot chicken, and he loved it! We also had deviled eggs and caprese salad. We were pleased with everything we chose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comparison Diningtraverlers1choiceDined on 8/29/2014I recently dined at Rhubarb's in Asheville, NC. Farmhouse pricing and atmosphere were very similar. Rhubarb's was just featured in Southern Living this month. I can honestly say that Farmhouse food was better, atmosphere better and service much better than Rhubarb's. I ride the Music City Star daily and pass by the Farmhouse every afternoon on the way to the train. Friends are always commenting on how good the food is. I agree. The food was excellent. I've lived in Mt Juliet for four years and this is the first opportunity we have had to visit Nashville on a "date night". Usually we have someone with us that wants to go to a location they choose. Due to pricing, I will probably not bring them to farmhouse. Special occasion only.Special Features:
- great but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Decor, service, food, and cocktails were all great. Having said that it was VERY pricey.Special Features:
- Lunch is great, tooJamesVIPDined on 8/27/2014I've enjoyed Farm House for dinner several times and decided to take a client for lunch. We were not disappointed. The lunch menu has things that look like a bologna sandwhich, a hot dog, catfish and the like, as well, as shrimp and grits. Plus much more. It is all handmade and all wonderful - not anything like the baloney sandwhich I took to school for lunch as a kid. You'll enjoy.Special Features:
- 2HoundsDined on 8/25/2014First time there and it was very good so will be back. All of the food was delicious with the exception of the grits. They were a great consistency just a little more smoked that I like. Everything else was really great, especially the deviled eggs, kale salad and the corn salad.Special Features:
- Farm to Table GemlynnewDined on 8/23/2014This place never disappoints. The food is always fresh, always tasty and seasoned perfectly. I took a party of six. We ordered the hot chicken, shrimp and grits, vegetable plate and a variety of appetizers. The pork belly appetizer was by far the group's favorite.Special Features:
- LuvTravelLuvTravelDined on 8/23/2014We tried this for the first time and LOVED it. Everyone in our party of 4 ordered something different and we all agreed it was more than we expected. We got the deviled eggs and pimento cheese for appetizers as well and they were great! We will return soon!!Special Features:
- Good farm cuisine downtownklgmdVIPDined on 8/22/2014The four of us ate here on a Saturday night, after snagging reservations a few days before. Easy valet parking. Small entrance and bar area. They have a lot of moonshine drinks on the menu. Vibe is relaxed but noisy. The menu lists 4 or 5 starters- we liked the pork belly with scallion pancakes and soft-boiled egg very much. More variable were the dinners- vegetarian plate was quite disappointing and nothing at all special. Hot chicken was tasty but dry. Shrimp and grits was good but not great. Best dish was the pork chop, which came with a grain sausage and a yummy mix underneath. Prices were about average for Nashville. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I am a huge foodie, so I was excited to try the Farmhouse. While I appreciate what they are trying to accomplish, they completely missed the mark. Food was below average and service was surprisingly bad. If you are downtown Nashville, go for the Southern .. Great good, great vibe, great service .
- Dang. That was good!LukeDined on 8/20/2014My wife & I celebrated our 9yr wedding anniversary at The Farm House. We were very impressed. Love the ambiance, the service, the style, & of course the food! From the Butter Biscuits & Double Deviled Eggs to the Shrimp & Grits & Bison Filet - We loved it all! Drinks were outstanding as well. My only issue is that we didn't leave enough room for dessert ;-) Guess we'll have to come back... You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014it took us almost an hour and 15 minutes for us to get our food.
- Food was Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I was in Nashville for work and love trying farm to table restaurants. This did not disappoint! The drinks were great and the food was even better. I had the catfish and my friend has the vegetable plate. The service was wonderful too. I will definitely come back next time I am in town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryhomieDined on 8/16/2014We loved the food. Had the bison and hot chicken- with mussels to start. Food was great however the service was insanely slow. I only had one drink at dinner and one glass of water, not by my choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly wonderful!britchesnhoseDined on 8/15/2014My first visit to the Farm House was both memorable and delicious. The staff were accommodating to our party of four, and there's was something fantastic on the menu for everyone. Even the pickiest eater of our group was thoroughly satisfied. Good cocktails, great ambiance, even better food. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Skip this one!!Nash4380Dined on 8/14/2014We are native Nashvillians and love trying all of the new restaurants as they pop up around Nashville. Don't waste your time or money on this one! It was such a let down. With the restaurant name itself, we were excited about having a delicious meal. The deviled eggs were delicious, but we should have left after appetizers. My husband loves hot chicken, but this was so hot he couldn't even enjoy it. I love a good pork chop, but this one was so tough I could hardly chew it. Our waitress was less that happy to be serving us, or be at work for that matter. To put it kindly, she was rude and not impressed when I told her that my meal was disappointing. Just brought us our $110 check. Waste of time and waste of money.
- AverageOrangeBeacRebVIPDined on 8/12/2014We went for lunch and it was underwhelmed. Ten years ago this place wouldn't have been competing among so many other excellent chef driven restaurants like now - but The Farm House is. Unfortunately, based on this one visit, it is mediocre.Special Features:
- Good food, not so great servicedenimdudeDined on 8/11/2014Love the concept of this place and the food was great! It was a great place for our anniversary. However, we hardly ever saw our server and when he did stop by, he was so rushed that you would have thought he was the server for the whole place even though we never saw him serve another table. However, he was quick to bring us our check so he could get another table.Special Features:
- Reviews did not failamy1buckeyefanVIPDined on 8/11/2014I enjoy finding farm to table restaurants whenever I travel, but like to check the reviews first. The Farmhouse had generally good reviews so I figured I should give it a try, even though it was about 10 miles from the hotel I was staying in. It did not disappoint. We started with the deviled eggs since almost every review raved about them. WOW is all I can say…they were so good. Moved from there to a corn salad, a vegetable medley and the hot chicken and each dish was unique, fresh and flavorful. Very happy with the entire evening!Special Features:
- Went for Brunchyum2Dined on 8/10/2014Although not a huge brunch menu, what they did offer was really excellent. Very fresh and well displayed. Drinks were good and service was good. No complaints!Special Features:
- Wonderful for foodiesNotimpressedDined on 8/8/2014I have heard great things about this restaurant and it did not disappoint! The food is fresh, creative, and savory. You feel like you are dining in an upscale barn. The restaurant is a bit noisy, but it didn't really bother me to much. You still can hear your table and the waiter. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the pickled veggiesMeaghenDined on 8/8/2014Had pickled veggie appetizer and veggie plate for dinner. I love meat but these two plates were so magnificent I didn't miss the protein. Totally satisfied and felt like I was eating in a garden. Husband had the bison and loved every bite. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Farm HouseCMD71Dined on 8/8/2014The food was great! Fresh for the farm to the table . Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfoodieatheartDined on 8/6/2014This was my second visit to the Farm House. I was excited because my first experience was great and the food was delicious! This time, unfortunately, our server acted like she would rather be anywhere except there. She only talked about the drinks and food she DIDN'T like or care for and her service was overall unimpressive. The food is still good, although they removed the Lamb off the menu, which was disappointing. There were several spicy dishes which doesn't work for me. I would however recommend the deviled eggs, cornbread and mac and cheese. Hoping they can do some training with their servers because honestly I do think it's a good restaurant.Special Features:
- Sorry but wasn't impressedVinoVIPDined on 8/3/2014Took a chance and made a Sunday brunch reservation this past week. Restaurant was basically empty upon arrival. I get the farm to table concept but the restaurant overlooks a paid parking lot and barely visible from the road. The brunch menu was VERY LIMITED to say the least. The options were unimpressive and generally rather bland. There was no energy in the place and the staff appeared to be uninterested and counting the minutes till they closed. Sorry but I wouldn't return. To much effort to find the place for such a limited menu.
- Farm-to-Table Dining at its Finest!HomeCookKateDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful experience at The Farm House. Our waiter was an absolute delight and gave us wonderful descriptions of the items on the menu as well as explaining to my husband the farm-to-table concept. Additionally, he explained the importance to the owners of the restaurant of locally sourced ingredients and keeping the menu ingredients all American, which was also very appealing to my former soldier husband. They were slammed, but the waiter never hesitated to give us the attention and time we requested of him. Now, the food. OMFG! So good. The reviews about the deviled eggs are not wrong. GET THEM! You're welcome. Seriously, they are life-changing. Sounds weird, but they were delicious.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was average. Service was great. Drinks ok. Extremely loud. No ambience.
- Too loudJes0918Dined on 8/2/2014Cute place, good food, but couldn't hear the conversation at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.