The Farm House
268 Bradford Street
Barrie, ON L4N 3B8Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Farm House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thefarmhouse.ca/
- Phone: 7057370522
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Randy Feltis and Head Chef Christopher Gardiner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in restaurant food for catered events. Fully licensed and with 14 years of catering experience; you won"t find a better team anywhere!
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on the patio during summer hours
A word from The Farm House
Family Sheek Farm Food with the best waterfront patio in Barrie. Casual atmosphere with a value driven menu. Ideal for weddings, corporate functions or an intimate dinner for two. We grow our micro greens and fresh herbs on site with our indoor greenhouse and serve fresh pressed juices and cocktails. Check out thefarmhouse.ca for more info and to view our incredible menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerComfort Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Farm House - Best Restaurants in Barrie ›
The Farm House reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)great for outdoor dining (34)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (20)special occasion (19)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (11)romantic (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- FarmhouseDawnleeDined on 9/5/2014My daughter has just begun school in Barrie, so we are very unfamiliar of the area. While looking up restarrants on the water the Farmhouse came up so we decided to give it a try. Awesome restaurant - waiter made us feel very welcome and informative as we asked some questions about Barrie. A great spot and we will definitely visit the Farmhouse again ! Food was fantastic - love the local element !Special Features:
- goodfoodpleaseDined on 9/1/2014Food was ok but for the price expected better than "ok". Also, from the website and from the price was looking for the white tablecloth. Service was perfunctory, server did chat us up when she brought the bill.Special Features:
- Looking forward to going back8apeachDined on 9/1/2014This is only my second time at The Farmhouse - but I will definitely be back. I've had breakfast and lunch there and am eager to try the dinner menu. For breakfast I had the Roast Strip Benny and it was fantastic! A group of us went for lunch and a couple of people had the burgers and raved about them. I had the Chicken Club Sandwich which I really enjoyed - the chicken was moist and the sides were fresh. Our server was really great and we loved the charm and ambiance of The Farmhouse. I'm looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Food was delicious and waitress was great. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Loved this place. Quaint charm. Staff very friendly and the kitchen staff very cognizant of my dairy allergy. Would defiantly return when back in town. Thank you for the enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointed this timedrulDined on 8/2/2014it took 80 minutes to get the food, very loud, asked to sit on the patio and waitress didn't try to accommodate yet another table was moved out. asked for some bread after waiting an hour, told no but we could have chips. food was good or we wouldn't be back. I know it was busy but servers should be able to think outside of the box as to how to compensate for business, I know there is bread! or little toasts. At least tried to get us on patio, etc. lemon tart was liquid!! yet told by server that is how it is, really??? I had talked two people in joining me telling them it was a great place, I know they won't go back.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014The food was amazing! The restaurant was nice and the staff was great, the only thing we found that we didn't like was what the waitress were wearing. They need to dress a little classier, not shorts and t-shirts. The prices are a bit high but for an occasional dinner out, it was worth it-the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FarmhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014This was my first visit to The Farmhouse and I'll be going back. The service and the food was excellent; from the moment I walked into the restaurant I was welcomed in a friendly and warm manner. Our server was professional and friendly and helpful with the daily specials. It was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sev2dine5Dined on 7/27/2014We were a table of 8. They had us set up downstairs but for some reason moved us upstairs after we ordered our drinks. Awkward had to carry our drinks upstairs. Turned out to be better though because we had an awesome view of the water. My daughter found a hair in her food. They were quick to replace it and gave her free desert. I hated the salad in a mason jar , but would just ask for it in bowl next time. I would eat there again.Special Features:
- Unhappycamper5Dined on 7/26/2014Food was good. Although the sides could have been larger in size. Service wasn't great, appearance of waitresses clothing not what we expected for what we thought was going to be a little fancier place. For a "Farm House" the tables and chairs did not come out of a farm house they were the same as any other pub / bar. A few harvest tables and some older looking chairs would have been better. The prices of the food did not match the ambiance. We were disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad timinglovetoeatDined on 7/25/2014We ordered an appetizer. It came out, we had no forks or plates. Waited 5 minutes for a server to walk by. Asked for plates he said he would be right back. Never came back. Our server walked by. Asked for plates. She brought our plates and then our main course came right after. By the time we had our apps, our dinners were cold. The food was good but would have been better if it was hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementDisappointedDined on 7/22/2014High cost for a mediocre burger, over cooked fries and small salad.Special Features:
- Good food but...Donald14Dined on 7/19/2014The food was great but there was a snag with service. The restaurant was half full but we were placed at a table right below a blowing vent. The AC was quite chilly blowing directly on us. When we requested a different table, the waiter replied that the other tables were reserved and could not fulfill our request. The other tables remained vacant throughout our entire meal. The cool blowing air ruined the experience for my parents. I brought them there to experience something different as they are from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super GoodfoodishelpfuloccasionallyDined on 7/18/2014We attended for Barrielicious, and while the appetizer could have been better (the soup was a little bland), the rest of the meal made up for it. Also our waiter was cool, he had that face where you're sure you've seen him around before but you don't know where. Super good all in allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestCassBDined on 7/17/2014The best dinner, food, service , originality ive seen/had in a long time! Bringing my whole family here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencekent782Dined on 7/14/2014We went to the farmhouse for barrielicious and enjoyed our experience very much. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.. I could go on..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We were greeted by an associates back, who stood there for several moments..didn't turn around & left. Another girl came to the stand, didn't look at us & left. Yet a third looked at us…& did nothing. Then a boy came to seat us. We asked for a patio table. He told us if it rained there was nothing they could do (the inside only had 2 or 3 tables occupied)..broken concrete & large wire poking out at our feet..server pleasant but didn't explain Barrielicous menu til we asked. While ordering we were told 2 items were out..so on the spot decisions..entrees appeared moments after our appetizer..ordered a rare steak & was brought a medium well..returned it only to receive a blue rare which was cold & raw!..trout was overdone..lamb forgettable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Great spot with delicious local food choices. Nice twists on popular menu choices. Will definitely return and have already recommended to family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not good......DisappointedDined on 7/11/20145 of us came to The Farmhouse as we had heard amazing things about it. We thought we would try it with the Barrielicious. I ordered the ribs and had to send it back as it was stone cold by the second part of the rib. The waiter came and took my plate, however, it was over 25 minutes until I got it back. By this time, all my friends were finished. As I started to seperate the ribs, the ribs were all pink in colour (not cooked). When the waiter came, I told him but there was nothing said. He took my plate, with the full rack of ribs (minus one rib) and disappeared. I figured maybe a 'sorry' would be mentioned or 'let me get the manager' but nothing. I was very disappointed with this and not sure I would visit again. Sorry.Special Features:
- SEATINGjojogirlDined on 7/5/2014requested window table upstairs -3 were available at 5pm we were denied, hostess said they would be busy as barrielicious was on. however, we didn't leave the restaurant until 640 pm and at that time there were still two tables at the window that were empty! how disappointing as we chose this restaurant thinking we would have a beautiful view. the food was outstanding, but that particular experience soured us a bit on the restaurant. I did mention this to our waiter, however his service was excellent so we tipped him well. a coupon towards another visit would be appreciated and we would come again. also, overheard another couple seated at window after us saying how nice it was to get a window seat without any reservation. we did reserve anSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedGatorDined on 7/4/2014We were in Barrie to visit family and ate dinner at the Farm House. Very pleasant atmosphere, courteous staff, inexpensive menu but awesome food. Seven dined so we had varied appetizers and mains - ALL were well presented and tasty.Special Features:
- EXCELLENThdsmDined on 7/1/2014Really, really good food. Great staff. Delicious! (the food, I mean)
- Food and service was very goodJiggerDined on 6/30/2014We went for dinner for our anniversary. First time at this restaurant but I don't know if I would go back. The food was very fresh but I found a very limited menu. Also, I found the portions small even though you get 2 sides. The waitress was very friendly and service was good. The air conditioning was not working properly so it was uncomfortably hot in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm houseFood1Dined on 6/29/2014Great food and service for a reasonable cost ! I'd definately recommend this restaraunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:
- Perfect summer spotJaner24Dined on 6/27/2014This restaurant was a wonderful discovery. Close to the water's edge, it has a great patio to go along with the great menu. I loved the ribs I chose and the burgers of others looked delicious. The mac and cheese could use a little more zing - either some heat or more crispy topping This was the only negative and it isn't a big one. Our group really enjoyed our dinner there and I would definitely go back when I am in Barrie again.Special Features:
- FriendlyLov2eatDined on 6/21/2014The food is always fresh and presentation outstanding. Freindly Service and a great view of the lake from the top deck. Have been back many times and recommend to anyone that want a delicious mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I went for a late lunch on a Sunday afternoon with my parents, my husband and one year old. The service was friendly but they did seem to be under staffed. I can't tell you how much we all enjoyed the food. We did appetizers to start and all had a different dish. It was a beautiful day on the patio looking out to the water. I have been here 4 times and have loved the food every time. Highly recommended particularly in the summer months when the produce is farm fresh and you can sit out on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improvement neededOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant has the capacity to be a great establishment but must work on refining a few key issues .. 1. Introduction Address guest at door less then 2-3 minutes ( even a hello , be right with you ) 2.Table Service - . Addressing the table , Pre sets . Cutlery ( proper cutlery ; steak knife ) .. 3. Food - although going for healthy , home feel .. Too much butter in the Benedict muffins ( soaked in butter ) Trout was so salty it was crystallizing Half the mussels were expired .. This was the third visit I had with farmhouse, Never had problems with food until this visit on Saturday 14th of June '14.Special Features:
- nopark76Dined on 6/12/2014we had great problems with parking...driving around waiting for someone to leave...need to acquire more parking spots!!!Special Features:
- Ended up deaf after dinner!!LillyspadDined on 6/7/2014Our group of 6 were seated beside a party of 20 LOUD females celebrating a wedding shower (understandably having fun....) . We were trying to have a conversational meal and celebrate a birthday (in a mature style ;) but could not hear ourselves speak let alone think, and some of us ended up with a headache after the meal from the noise and yelling at each other to be able to converse. My suggestion would be to put larger groups on their own in an area vs with other patrons. I did notice the area behind us (in the entry section of the restaurant) had groups of 2, 4, 6-8 people eating and seemed quieter. No impressed with reservations made 1 month in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite dining place.happydinerDined on 5/31/2014The food is always delicious with beautiful and creative presentation. Our server was fun and attentive. it was noisier than I like but there were many large groups enjoying their Saturday night. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014I really wanted to love it here, but sadly, was a little disappointed. We had asked the waitress to give us a lot of time since it was our anniversary and we were not in a rush. We hadn't even gotten through a third of our appetizers and our main meals came out. I said I was little disappointed since we had asked for a slow pace so she offered to put it under the heat lamps. ( Umm, no thanks, I'll just take it now. )The food was good. We ordered bruschetta and wings for an appetizer and I had the roast beef and my husband had the trout. The beef seemed like a cheap cut but the potatoes and asparagus were good. My husband enjoyed the trout but the rice was not good. We enjoyed both appetizers. Won't be surprised if this restaurant fails.
- Goat cheese grilled cheese!YumyumgimmesomeDined on 5/22/2014Came here with a friend after the tour guide from the nearby Flying Monkeys Brewery suggested it. I'm glad we did because the food was great! We both ordered goat cheese grilled cheese sandwiches for a late lunch. At first glance, it did seem expensive, but you get a choice of two sides. I chose the daily veggies and mac and cheese and was very pleased with the food. It had to be one of the best meals I've had in a while! 100 times better than going to a big box chain like Jack Astors or Boston Pizza, and comparable to those trendy Toronto restaurants without the annoying hipsters! It's also located near the scenic waterfront and would be a great spot in the summer too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 160 reviews are from the The Farm House reviews archive.
- Repeat customersEatLocalDined on 5/16/2014We've been going to the farmhouse since it first opened. The food has very rarely ever been disappointing. Service is always great, the wait staff is always courteous and attentive. Ambience is the quiet chatter of happy customers and has never been at all uncomfortable or too loud. We wish they had more craft brews on tap or available by bottle, as it seems like a product like that would fit. Love seeing the little salad fridge by the door and knowing that they're doing their part by trying to source local and seasonal veg, fruit and meats. Was sad to hear their tuna isn't sustainably sourced, but I'm sure they will remedy that soon enough. Overall, we love this place and recommend it for casual dining or special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local funLakeshorendineDined on 5/11/2014Great country feel Nice touch with the use of mason jars for the salad it tasted fresh and crispy I had the rib eye medium rare and was cooked perfect Our waitress was informative and punctual Thank you Farmhouse:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food along with great viewLJandADDined on 5/11/2014A beautiful building with a wonderful view and great atmosphere inside. The food was excellent, perfectly cooked, not an over whelming menu just the right amount! Food came out all at once for all at the table and was great! Have had dinner and now breakfast and would totally recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I brought my Mom for Mothers day Brunch and we really enjoyed it. The only thing I would suggest is having a few more options for the Brunch menu. Other than that the food we had was great and the service wonderful.
- New favorite restaurantTmuchDined on 5/10/2014I've been to the Farm House 3 times for dinner now and have enjoyed it all 3 times. The food and service is consistently good. The ribs are fantastic! I am looking forward to enjoying a meal on the patio this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- farmhouse4usDined on 5/4/2014For the past few years at Christmas I have given my 4 daughters a gift certificate for a mother/daughter lunch or tea. We have chosen a different dining place each year and this is the first time at the Farm House. I had eaten there once before but none of my daughters had. We were especially pleased with our server. She was helpful and fun. The food was excellent and even my vegan daughter was able to fill her tummy with a delicious lunch. We even had another server graciously take our picture to remember this memorable outing.Special Features: