The Farm Cafe
10 SE 7th Ave
Portland, OR 97214-1244Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
The Farm Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thefarmcafe.com/
- Phone: 5037363276x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 nights a week for dinner.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Kelly Weiss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Burnside
- Public Transit: Because of proximity to Burnside, all bus lines serving Burnside/Couch will provide transportation. 12, 19 and 20 bus stops are within 1 block of location in either direction.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Very limited parking lot, 4 spaces plus 1 handicapped access. Plenty of street parking.
A word from The Farm Cafe
The Farm Café in Southeast Portland, showing proper respect to the humble bounty of the Pacific Northwest since 2003. Dinner served seven nights a week.Continued
Reservations can be made online or by calling. We also save a number of tables for walk-ins. Outside dining available. Our no reservation patio is seated first come, first served.
Reservations can be made online or by calling. We also save a number of tables for walk-ins. Outside dining available. Our no reservation patio is seated first come, first served.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
The Farm Cafe - Best Restaurants in Southeast Portland ›
The Farm Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (109)neighborhood gem (86)great for outdoor dining (74)special occasion (64)romantic (51)notable wine list (28)good for groups (21)late-night find (9)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Best service everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The waitress who served us, Cassie, was so friendly and charming and the food came promptly and it all so delicious, even the drinks we ordered were amazing. Lovely experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DamianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Our group of six came from California and had made a reservation. we arrived minutes after our time and the host had held a great spot outside for us. We shared bites and of each others meals and were impressed by each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprise findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Glad someone recommended this fabulous neighborhood victorian home restaurant with fresh, amazing, LOCAL foods...salmon was out of this world and the polenta --simply wonderful---great appetizers --all homemade --even the rosemary crackers. Deviled eggs divine. A Definite return. It is a quiet even with the background music and although we were seated in the front room --peeked at the bar and patio and can't wait to try those as well. Parking is on street but found a place one block away and yes they have a bike rack as well. Very hip and good vib and romantic. It was a hot day and they had A/C on for those of us inside which was a plus as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KBIdinerDined on 9/13/2014Our table for five was ready for us in the garden when we arrived. The server was attentive, knowledgeable and paced each entrée so smoothly that the entire meal was seamless. Each of us found that the flavors of our dinner choices were remarkable. We will certainly be recommending The Farm Cafe and will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointinghbeachmomVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had an 8 pm reservation for 4 people. When we arrived we were told we could wait for an outdoor table or sit right away in an odd spot between the entry and the kitchen. We were hungry so we sat right away. The service was odd. I'm not sure if we had a waiter or just the host was trying to help out. We were rarely checked on to see if we needed anything. A bit odd, but the food was good. Disappointing but I would give them another chance.Special Features:
- Food was deliciousAnniversary13Dined on 9/12/2014My wife & I chose this place to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. The place was very warm & inviting! The service was horrible!!! We waited for 25 minutes for Any acknowledgment at all. No polite conversation. We were ignored. The check was another 25 minute wait. We felt slighted and disrespected. I hope this changes so other people can have an enjoyable experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- never fails to pleasefood1eDined on 9/10/2014We have been going to the Farm since they opened. We wish they gave frequent flyer creditsSpecial Features:
- AMAZING!bananamonkeyDined on 9/6/2014Looking at pictures online I didn't have high expectations, but we decided to give it a try. I am SO glad we did - the food was truly amazing. Fresh and delicious and SO tasty! Unique combinations of flavors I have never experienced, and all in a very eye-appealing presentation. I can't wait until I visit Portland again so I can go back to the Farm Cafe!Special Features:
- What a joy!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014My friend and I recently had dinner here after reading rave reviews on Chowhound.com. We were not disappointed! It is such a pleasure to find a restaurant that lives up to the expectations. The watermelon salad and the fried trout were total standouts in our meal. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it all!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014My fiance and I were visiting Portland over the weekend and she has celiac disease so we found this place had good gluten-free reviews and we tried it out. From entering this place was awesome. I don't do reviews so I won't be overly detailed. We both loved the entire experience. My food was outstanding(lamb meatballs). The staff, the setting, and the music were perfect. This is certainly hipster, but not overwhelmingly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choice, loved it.GlobaldavidgDined on 8/30/2014Portland in all of its farm to table goodness. Delicious food, professional and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and delicious foodJaneDined on 8/30/2014This was a birthday celebration for our daughter. The food was excellent. We had trout, lamb and goat cheese ravioli. All were cooked and presented to perfection. It was a bit dark in the restaurant and the menu is hard for some people to read-very small print. It is expensive but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014Four of us sat on the patio on a beautiful summer evening. Ordered a selection of appetizers instead of entrees. All were excellent. Standouts included the endive stuffed with chevre, peaches, and blackberries, and the tomato plate. The quality of the produce was superb. Service was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Enjoyable MealEater10000VIPDined on 8/26/2014We started with cocktails, which were very well prepared. We started with an olive tapenade crostini that was really great; the crostini was toasted perfectly. For entrees, we had the trout and the tuna. Both were seasoned and cooked perfectly, plus the sides were paired nicely.Special Features:
- Fresh Farm to TableTaipeifoodieDined on 8/24/2014Were very accommodating when I increased the size of our party from 5 to 8. Food was good and service very warm and efficient. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally not worth the $$PACwomanDined on 8/23/2014I've been to the Farm Cafe a few times, my first couple visits were pretty good. This time I reserved a table for 6. We started with a drink at the bar while the rest of our party arrived, the bartender was polite, but a little lackluster and non-engaging. When we were seated, the table they set up for us was right by the front door and one of the party members was hit in the back with the door a few times. The waitress was sub-par and it took a while for anything to happen. When we mentioned that the roasted hazelnuts description on the menu did not include the important note of Tabasco, we received a bit of an attitude. She did take it off of our tab, begrudgingly. The food was average, not worth the money. We won't be returning.
- A Perfect Choice!rchunterDined on 8/19/2014We were visiting from the SF Bay area and wanted a place to meet up with a group of our Portland friends. I reserved this restaurant for a party of 10 originally, then later expanded it to 16. upon our arrival, the staff was very attentive and accommodating. they set up two parallel tables, each with 8 place settings. they were very friendly and made us feel like we were friends visiting their home. i wish i could remember our servers' name, because she was fantastic! everything about this restaurant was five stars in our opinion. did i mention the food??! it was EXCELLENT! all dishes were cooked to perfection and we tried numerous entrees and appetizers. no doubt that our next visit to Portland will include a dinner at The Farm Cafe!Special Features:
- FantasticbatgirlDined on 8/16/2014Everything was delicious except for the watermelon salad because we did not care for the New Zealand spinach - really thick,chewy and strong tasting. But from cocktails to dessert everything else was perfect. Loved the whole experience and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lucky find!givemeatmosphereDined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend and I stumbled upon this place while looking around the neighborhood where we were staying. Luckily, they were able to get us in for dinner at an outdoor table. We sat under an adorable little tree at the most romantic little table. All the people in the back garden seemed to be as happy as we were. Amazing food -- corn gnocchi was to die for! And they had tons of local wines -- all were delicious. We went back on our last day to grab a quick bite before heading to the airport. In a city of amazing food, Farm Cafe is really worth visiting!Special Features:
- Finally- kids allowed at happy hourPortlandwithkidsDined on 8/14/2014First, this I'd not a place for kids, no kids menu, but the staff were great with coming up with alternatives for them. My meal (goat cheese ravioli) was fantastic. Interesting happy hour appys and cocktails. Dinner portions are small but affordable and interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Vegetarian Food!JudyDined on 8/13/2014I wanted to treat a vegetarian friend to a gourmet meal, and the Farm Café gave us just the kind of creative and superbly cooked dishes we wanted. It all started with the mushrooms and herb appetizer, which was beyond good -- such interesting flavors that each bite was an experience. It continued with beet salad with goat cheese and butter lettuce salad with blue cheese before moving on to interesting preparations of seared tuna and goat cheese ravioli. The service was great. When one of our entrees was late, the restaurant took the dish off our bill. The ambience was also great -- homey and fancy at the same time, in a very old Victorian house.Special Features:
- Farm to tableBunnyHopDined on 8/12/2014Simple, yet innovative food. Delicious, fresh and creative. Great location near rose garden and convention center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful patio for late summerSEHJDined on 8/11/2014My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal at the Farm Cafe. The outdoor patio was especially lovely once the outdoor lights were turned on. I recommend the corn gnocchi and the Joc-a-mo, a chartreuse-based cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014As always the food and service at The Farm were outstanding.Special Features:
- DHOLDined on 8/10/2014We had a group of nine, assembled for a reunion, and were very happy with the choice. We'd dined there as a group a couple of years ago, and that had gone well. Once again, The Farm was ready for our arrival and served us well, and the food was excellent. It was a great choice. Highly recommend ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Farm CafebunnyDined on 8/9/2014The atmosphere was informal and casual where people could bring young children to dine in the outdoor patio area, it was a perfect evening to enjoy dinner at the Farm Café. The menu is limited but a few choices were outstanding which included the fries and clam and zucchini fritters as appetizers and the trout for the main entre was delicious. There is very limited parking (5) but parking in the neighborhood is not a problem if you dine early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an amazing mealPelegfnDined on 8/5/2014I dined on the patio with a friend. The ambience was wonderful. Nicely spaced tables, perfect amount of lighting. Wonderful al fresco feel. The food was delicious. Kale and fennel salad. Wonderful. Goat cheese ravioli. Amazing. Chocolate soufflé. Best dessert I've ever had. The staff was very welcoming and efficient. We were not rushed and nor did the service languish. This was a perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to PDXwykydkyttenDined on 8/3/2014Farm was recommended by a Portlander - what a wonderful suggestion! We had an amazing dinner with excellent service. It was a warm summer night, so we sat outside on the back patio. We will definitely go back when we next visit Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food gets an "A-for Effort" but...PopsoDined on 8/2/2014Beautiful interior, wonderful ambience, and mouth-watering menu. Only problem is the menu items sound perfect on paper, but actual execution was underwhelming. Everything we ordered sounded tastier than it turned out to be. Service was casual and unobtrusive almost to the point of feeling indifferent and entrees took quite a while to arrive. We were seated at 6:15, had to rush hurry to get our check by 7:15, with gap of 45 minutes from ordering to entree delivery (30 minutes post-salad).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Bringing VisitorsKacyRodDined on 8/1/2014We have brought two sets of friends visiting from out of state, and Farm has not disappointed. Great place to taste the flavor of local, seasonal, Pacific-Northwest style cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just A Great PlaceJulesDined on 7/31/2014Dinner on a Thursday night; servers, food, atmosphere, top notch. Trout and ratatouille great taste and presentation, killer hazelnuts. Wine specials a hit. Easy to get to, folks, just jump on that streetcar and dare to walk all of 3 blocks. Oh, and follow up over the road at the Burnside Brewery. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really wanted to like this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My wife and I found our food to be too salty. Maybe it's just our taste since we rarely put salt on our food. But 2 out of the three dishes we ordered were a bit salty for our preference. Maybe the chef had an off-night so if we are in town again, I may give Farm another shot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUSTFrenchieDined on 7/29/2014I forgot how great this little gem was. it has been in Portland fora while and the menu has not changed because it is amazing!!!! The raviolis are still out of this world as well as the mushrooms appetizer and the lamb and pasta. Of course, the chocolate soufflé is a must! outdoor sitting awesome on Summer night. really, you don't get much better! And the service was excellent.Special Features:
- YummyYummeDined on 7/27/2014All in all I was pleased. The food was good, the servers were ever present, maybe too much, but then when I asked for salt I never got it. Love the local menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm in the CityhattiegVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were at the Farm Cafe in 2009 and were impressed by the imaginative use of seasonal local ingredients. Farm Cafe continues to impress. Food was great as was the service. We especially enjoyed the baked brie with local berries and the trout entree. The restaurant was somewhat lacking in ambience. Like many Portland restaurants it is in an old house an is a bit run-down. We were near the entrance so the decibel level was high. We'd definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LMBsouthwestLMBsouthwestDined on 7/26/2014Nice outdoor dining. Good selection for vegetarians but with a nod for meat eaters. Very fresh ingredients in the dishes we tried. We would go again.Special Features:
- Raspberry Sorbet!HB2014Dined on 7/24/2014Starter white bean and spinach spread solid...ditto for Brie with berries ...zucchini fritters were bready good but not extraordinary. Nice crusty bread. Superior Idaho trout, mushroom risotto, veggie burger. Nice ambience. Superb bread pudding, even better raspberry sorbet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour dinnerWholeFoodVeganDined on 7/22/2014Went to Farm for an early dinner on a Tuesday. My friend and I met at the Farm about 2 years ago. So it was fun to meet there again. It was perfect for a visit because the food was so yummy and fresh and because we could visit without much noise. Also since my first visit I am now on a low fat Vegan diet. There were several choices which was great. Because we ate during happy hour, we had most of the plates and the soup. All were just yummy. They had vegan food i could eat and my friend had the dishes with cheese. Along with the nice wine list we couldn't have been happier. It was not expensive. Finally, the staff was excellent. They were friendly, knew menu ingredients well, were respectful and there when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helium Comedy Club Pre-GameslowspudDined on 7/18/2014Went with a some buddies to get some fancy dinner before we saw TJ Miller at 10pm on a Friday night. Prices were reasonable. Everything was delicious. We really went for it getting apps, salads, entrees and dessert along with alcohol and coffee. We had a big bill, but it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- focus on localEarlyDined on 7/13/2014The superlative reviews for this restaurant are warranted. The chef seeks out and local and seasonal ingredients, a new to me at least variety of lettuce, for example, and local lake trout, appeared in dishes I ordered, complemented with good local wines, attentive service, all packaged in an old house with a patio - if not raining. The atmosphere, including the open kitchen is relaxed. One is in good hands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.