The Farm And Fisherman Tavern & Market
1442 East Route 70
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Farm And Fisherman Tavern & Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fandftavern.com/
- Phone: 8563562282x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Josh Lawler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Farm And Fisherman Tavern & Market
The Farm and Fisherman Tavern & Market is the second iteration of Chef/Owner Josh & Colleen Lawler's established restaurant in Philadelphia. In partnership with Chef Todd Fuller, they aspire to pair preparations of regional produce and proteins with carefully-selected wine, spirits, and local drafts in a comfortable, family friendly, tavern environment. Additionally, the attached market will focus on house-made or locally- sourced products including meat, cheese, baked goods, condiments, coffee, wine and beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Farm And Fisherman Tavern & Market - Best Restaurants in Cherry Hill ›
The Farm And Fisherman Tavern & Market reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (137)neighborhood gem (115)good for groups (59)great for lunch (47)special occasion (41)vibrant bar scene (38)great for brunch (37)hot spot (34)kid-friendly (29)notable wine list (13)late-night find (9)romantic (6)Show More
- Yummd'EvenmomlikeditDined on 8/18/2014I loved the restaurant and the market. I have already recommended to many and will be returning shortly with my good friend. Our waitress was sufficient -- could have been friendlier and more interested in us --- but that's the only negative comment. Otherwise, delicious and fun. Definitely going to take them up on their dinner take-out specials, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great addition to Cherry HillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014We have enjoyed several meals at The Farm and the Fisherman. There are enough non-meat meals to satisfy anyone. The crab cake is very good, as is the chopped salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We dined on a Saturday night, 8:15 reservation. Turned down a high top table on the bar side, but it was actually quieter over there, will sit on that side next time. Food was unique and very, very good.
- our new "go to"food531Dined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit, our new "go to." A true Farm to Table experience.Special Features:
- Dined Here for Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My girlfriends and I dined at your establishment during Cherry Hill's Restaurant Week and it was fabulous! The options available for the "specific menu" were different and delicious. The plates were abundant with food (no scrimping here). Everything was savory and delicious!! I even peeked at the regular menu which offers plenty of variety as well! Would definitely dine here again!! Great place for a date night!!Special Features:
- Welcoming, friendly, delicious!BridgetDined on 8/16/2014Upon our arrival we were warmly received. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the beverage selections and the menu. The food was delicious. We're planning to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding for Gluten FreeMomODined on 8/16/2014In addition to having celliac, my daughter cannot do milk or soy due to nursing her 7 month old. This place had the best food she could eat since she has had these restrictions. The rest of us thought our food was wonderful also. The service was outstanding as well.Special Features:
- unexpected gemCHMD68Dined on 8/15/2014Went for restaurant week thinking it would be mostly pub or tavern fare but surprised to find fresh and flavorful food at each course. They definitely emphasize the food despite the crowded bar with a wide beer selection adjoining. Modestly loud for conversation and wait staff mostly unobtrusive. Glad to have this close by and easy to get to from I-295.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fresh food.Food2deliciousDined on 8/15/2014Restaurant week but we opted to order from main menu. Delicious broiled fluke with a gazpacho like broth was so fresh and healthy. No guilt. Peach sangria to drink and Peach Cobler to finish took advantage of fresh peaches from New Jersey orchards. Great service made our evening complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Overall it was a very good dining experience. However, the music coming from the bar area with speakers in the dining area was a bit too loud.Special Features:
- NinaNinaDined on 8/14/2014What a disappointment! I went during restaurant week - maybe that was my mistake - the pork tacquitos were stringy and there was no crunch to the slaw. The risotto stuffed zucchini was great except I found the crunch in grit from the zucchini. The doughnut holes were doughy inside - could have used another minute or so cooking time. People raved about this place - my dining companion loved her selection - fried calamari, pollock and the peanut butter chocolate crunch cake. I may try again. Maybe it was an off night.Special Features:
- First time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Took my mom and went for restaurant week. Mostly , we felt rushed. Waitress was picking up our plates from table as she asked " are u done with this?" Main course was fair. Ricotta jar was yummy. Dessert ( donut holes) was also great! I'd go back for appetizer and dessert. And possibly a different waitress.Special Features:
- Bread and waterBiggOttoVIPDined on 8/13/2014Food was great, tap water lousy. Get a filter. Your tap beers are 6 bucks, bottled water is 8!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnercupcakeDined on 8/11/2014I visited here during restaurant week so I'm not sure how extensive their regular menu is. I quite enjoyed the food I ordered as did my companion.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week policy awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Having eaten here many times, we were excited to bring friends new to the restaurant. We were given Restaurant Week menus which looked amazing. When the waitress finally appeared, she told us the menu was 'All or Nothing'. Everyone at the table had to order from this menu or no one could. Well, the 3 teens at the table wanted burgers of course, while all 4 adults wanted the Restaurant Week menu. We said, please split the table - let the teens order from the menu and us from the fixed menu. She disappeared for 15 minutes, then came back and said Sorry - All or Nothing. It's easier for the kitchen. Well, it wasn't that much easier for the kitchen because they forgot to cook my salmon entree. Will think twice about going back.Special Features:
- Fabulous DinnerFoodadventurerDined on 8/10/2014We had dinner at Farm and Fisherman to celebrate birthdays with friends, and it was our first visit. Food was outstanding and service was very friendly, knowledgeable and quick. Atmosphere very casual. Could not ask for more! Definitely worth a return trip.Special Features:
- More expensiveOldergentlemanVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is nicely prepared and the food seems fresh, however portion sizes are small and prices for food seems high. I have returned a couple of times hoping they come to their senses and recognize that Cherry Hill and this area will not support the thought that less is more. Wish them luck but too pricey for regular dining and it isn't that attractive either.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Our experience was fabulous from start to finish! The waitress was attentive and well educated on the different dishes and specials. She gave us recommendations when asked and her recommendations were right on point! The Ricotta Jar is something special and great for an appetizer. We also loved the heirloom tomato and burrata salad. The overnight tomatoes in the BLT are packed with a deep, delicious flavor. The star of the show was dessert, so be sure to save room! We shared several desserts and each of us thought that a different one was the star of the show. I personally loved the homemade Oreo and a more mature take on a peanut butter pie! We will definitely go back! I love their farm to table approach and seasonal selections!Special Features:
- Tasty food and lovely marketfederalDined on 8/7/2014The food was great, and we appreciate the ambitions of the restaurant. The water tasted too strongly of chlorine, though, and the salad was definitely overpriced for the volume I received!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for kids!LinziDined on 8/3/2014We went for brunch, and the restaurant was full of families with babies. The staff is so friendly, and the kids breakfast was wonderful! We ordered scrambled eggs for our daughter, and the plate that came out exceeded everyone's expectations! It was a lunch tray and each section had scrambled eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots, fruit, and mini donuts. It was great! (The adult food was delicious, too!!)Special Features:
- Lucky in Cherry Hillruthless2Dined on 8/2/2014The neighborhood is lucky to have this great, all around restaurant. It is the right mix for great food, libation and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food That Puts a Smile on Your FaceFlyEaglesFlyDined on 8/2/2014Our dinner on Saturday was excellent. We made reservations and the restaurant was crowded, but we were seated right away. I had the wings for an appetizer, and I believe they are among the best I've ever had. The first bite actually brought a smile to my face. The other three members of my party each had a different appetizer and they all commented on how good they were. We shared a bit, which was fun. The server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and our dining options. I thought many of the entrees were unique. We had a very enjoyable evening and I would return to the restaurant and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm and Fisherman and Cape MayRuggieDined on 8/2/2014I was glad to see a restaurant west of Cape May finally take advantage of such great beer and hopefully wine as well. The food was better than imagined, the appetizers (be devileggs) were to die for. All our meals, Salmom, Grilled Chicken, Shrimp and Grits , were awesome. I honestly was looking forward to not driving 2 hours for great Cape May Brewery craft beers. I would up enjoying it with some fantastically prepared food. Funny thing, remove the alcohol and this place is no that expensive at all. Great meal, kudos to the mgr/owner who I met on the way out that Saturday night. The accommodated a 4 month old, and I would say made us comfortable in what would really not be classified as a family restaurant. Well it was for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the special foodfederalDined on 8/2/2014We so appreciate finally having an option to purchase sustainable dishes here in Cherry Hill. The food is great, and we love the chef's creativity! Please offer more whole grain options (such as for the squash bar pie or risotto). We unfortunately also found the drinking water to be very poor, and taste very strongly of chlorine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HughlovesfoodHughlovesfoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had Delicious food and great service. The chopped salad was outstanding. Large enough to share. Crab cake app was very good and garnished to perfection with Asian slaw. Salmon entree was very good. Mussels delicious - but get the peppers on the side. Staff was very attentive and pleasant. Service was timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and DeliciousLikeitfreshDined on 7/28/2014Appetizer was delicious, bread and spreads. Entrees so fresh and flavorful. Servicers pleasant and courteous. Desserts scrumptious. Would recommend to friends for a lovely evening of good food. It is not about large portions to make up for taste, it is about good food.Special Features:
- so-sohungrygirl22Dined on 7/26/2014The food was just ok and the portions were very small for the price.Special Features:
- Great foodmarshaDined on 7/26/2014This was the first time at the restaurant. The four of us REALLY enjoyed our meals. Our waitress was very helpful in making our decisions as to what to order. A real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wortha tryDarkKnight27VIPDined on 7/26/2014Perhaps I didn't order the right thing on the menu as I only thought my meal was OK. My wife and kids really enjoyed theirs. Service was terrific. I will go back and give this place another try.Special Features:
- Something for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/18/2014We brought out of town guests to dinner on a Saturday evening. Service was very good and the food was outstanding. There was something on the menu for everyone, including the picky eaters. The room is rather loud, but we could still hear and enjoy the conversation. We are looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!JafippDined on 7/17/2014Second time here and it was delicious again! Love the breads and spreads app. The menu changes which keeps it exciting and new. Too expensive to bring kids with, but they do have great kids tray that comes with meal. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanDined on 7/14/2014Small plates made it a fun place to eat. very interesting and unique menu for South jersey. Small plates and salads were excellent and main course just ok -- better to stick to sharing the small platesSpecial Features:
- Was a bit disappointed!FoodieDebVIPDined on 7/13/2014I thought the food was just ok. Dessert (cherry pie) was better than the BLTs that we ordered. Service was very good, but felt a tad rushed.
- Great food and drinkWallaceVIPDined on 7/12/2014The dishes are unique and the craft beer list is very good. Service is very freindly and attentive.Special Features:
- The Farm and fisherman tavernmyhappyplace1Dined on 7/11/2014Well, I guess I didn't do my homework before I went to this restaurant. I really did expect something little bit more green, organic vegetables and fruits, healthier choices on the menu and little bit more variety on the sea food other than your basic muscles and fried calamari, and the salmon over quinoa. My daughter ordered the pork chop special that came with white/navy or cannelini beans and they were not cooked all the way, beans other than green are not that appetizing when cooked aldente...I had the fish and chips. Marlton location is a bit cramped and the noise level is high. The restaurant is also lit poorly given the fact that it is in a strip mall on the side of route 70 next to a dry cleaning service...
- veggieloverDined on 7/11/2014The entrees were wonderful! I missed not having either a separate vegetable or salad included with the price of the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014Food was absolutely superb!The tri-tip sirloin is a must. Eating food that is locally sourced adds to the deliciousness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visitNorweigan17VIPDined on 7/9/2014Had been trying to visit this restaurant for quite some time and so glad we made it!!!! Food is outstanding and fresh! Best cherry pie we've ever had!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceypriceyDined on 7/9/2014The service was good/the food was also very good. I think it is very pricey. It cost me for 1 person with tip $86.50. I had 2 glasses of wine salad, entrée and we shared a dessert. I dine out a lot and that was way over what I would normally pay. The bar was very noisy/a lot of screaming and yelling (the World Cup was on) so I can understand that.Special Features:
- DisappointingCookieVIPDined on 7/6/2014I have dined here several times, and although the service was always questionable, the food was good. This time, although the restaurant was barely half full, we were seated next to a table of twelve. Our assigned waitress had her hands full, so after fifteen minutes another waitress came to take our drink order. We placed the entire order in case no one ever returned. I had previously had a very good risotto here, so when I saw risotto stuffed squash on the menu, I ordered it. It was simply squash stuffed with rice, not risotto. My husband ordered a turkey reuben and it was not good at all. I am disappointed because I have brought others to this restaurant several times wanting to support a local business, but now I will not.