The Farm And Fisherman Tavern & Market
1442 East Route 70
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Farm And Fisherman Tavern & Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fandftavern.com/
- Phone: 8563562282x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Josh Lawler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Farm And Fisherman Tavern & Market
The Farm and Fisherman Tavern & Market is the second iteration of Chef/Owner Josh & Colleen Lawler's established restaurant in Philadelphia. In partnership with Chef Todd Fuller, they aspire to pair preparations of regional produce and proteins with carefully-selected wine, spirits, and local drafts in a comfortable, family friendly, tavern environment. Additionally, the attached market will focus on house-made or locally- sourced products including meat, cheese, baked goods, condiments, coffee, wine and beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Farm And Fisherman Tavern & Market - Best Restaurants in Cherry Hill ›
The Farm And Fisherman Tavern & Market reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (93)good for groups (53)great for lunch (41)special occasion (36)vibrant bar scene (31)hot spot (29)great for brunch (28)kid-friendly (28)notable wine list (12)romantic (7)late-night find (7)Show More
- Amazing Dinner! !Hungry6Dined on 9/14/2014We had heard this place was nice and decided to give it a try for our anniversary. Made a reservation, arrived a little early and was seated immediately. Ricotta Jar and Mussels for appetizer were GREAT. Main entrees were also spectacular! Reasonably priced for the quality!We have definately had more expensive meals that were NOT this good! We will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian friendly menu.pewterDined on 9/14/2014Hummus appetizer was so delicious. Entre of stuffed Summer squash with risotto was excellent.Special Features:
- Hidden GemStoogiesDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent from the burger, steak tips, salmon, and the rosotto. We looked on-line at the menu before coming because this was our first time. The menu on line was the fall menu and when we saw the menu at the restaurant it was the spring. Service was excellent. Then noise level did get loud as the place became busy. We will return to try the fall menu.Special Features:
- Great find!8thereDined on 9/12/2014I don't like having to read through long reviews so I'm keeping this short - four of us went and everyones food was excellent! Our waiter was fantastic and had a fun personality -I love that they change the menu frequently and that they buy from local farmers and markets. And the atmosphere and decor was more of a hip philly scene -great change from the norm. Bottom line, we can't wait to go back! And I am definitely introducing more friends and family to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great Food, perfectly prepared!eMaxVIPDined on 9/11/2014So one thing to note, They have a FEW fish items on the menu, but by no means do they have a large assortment of fish available. The "fisherman" part of the name, is only related to the Farm part, meaning they get stuff locally, fresh, and from as close to the source as possible. Now, that being said everything was perfectly prepared, and full of awesome flavors. We ordered, deviled eggs, and zucchini fries to start. Deviled eggs were awesome and creamy. The smokey tomato dip for the zucchini fries was awesome, although the fries needed a bit more salt. For entrees we ordered the pan roasted salmon, and risotto stuffed summer squash. Salmon had crispy skin, and the squash was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top notch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We have been the several times. The food is fantastic, beer and list are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great lunch experiencebasketlady88Dined on 9/9/2014Had lunch here for a 2nd time with several lady friends and once again, the good was delicious and great service.Special Features:
- Very goodGeryDined on 9/6/2014While not as romantic and a little less "cool factor" than the original in the city I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and a great selection of choices. Wait staff were professional and friendly - and on the ball. It is loud place (sound wise) throughout but it's a very good option in the Cherry Hill area. We'll be back soon. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I Had HopedFoodandBeerDined on 9/6/2014I went to Farm and Fisherman on 9/6/2014, with my wife, son and his girlfriend. Maybe it was just our server, but the service was slow. She stopped by maybe once every 30-mins. Ordered a beer when we arrived, couldn't order until an hour later. Had to ask twice for desert menu, still slow bringing it to the table. Vet Stadium Pork sandwich was very dry with little flavor, like they took a couple thin slices of pork and over-fried it on the grill...didn't taste anything but the roll. Wife said her BLT was very salty. They do have a good beer selection, the hummus shared plate was good (just 1 piece of pita to share), and I liked the peach cobbler desert. Bottom line: Good local ingredients, good beer but food left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- Always deliciousRoxygal100VIPDined on 8/31/2014This is the third time I have eaten at Farm and Fisherman. The food is consistently great. Unique menu and wonderful preparation. Service is always attentive and prompt. Great drink menu and specialty cocktails. Items to share for the table (e.g. breads and spreads) are mouthwatering. Don't miss this terrific dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of SNJ by far!DlishDined on 8/31/2014A 4 month veteran, I am amazed about their consistency to produce great food! Their appy's and "for the table" dishes are terrific. You can easily make a meal out of them but they also have great entrees as well. Their menu is unique and showcases the freshest ingredients in a flavorful way. They also make sure that your ending is a great as your beginning by offering great desserts. And for those who enjoy a great cocktail and beer, to say they have a fully stocked bar is an understatement. They create their own specialty cocktails and have a great selection of draft and bottled beer (showcasing local breweries) and a good wine selection. You cannot go wrong with Farm and Fisherman in Cherry Hill, NJ. It is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryIrish09Dined on 8/30/2014Great Menu food was excellent will definitely be returning in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed.FoodieDined on 8/30/2014The menu was eclectic, which I normally appreciate. I have a tomato allergy & as this is tomato season a good majority of the food contained tomatoes. Some, of which, could not be removed. I had a salad with chicken that was very salty. It contained olives, feta cheese, chicken (that was salted) and then the dressing that was salted. All in all, way too much salt. They should have known that salty foods need less salt in dressing. We also ordered a cheese and fruit plate that had a good amount of cheese and crackers though only a tablespoon (not kidding) of some sort of fruit compote that was "the fruit." The concept of using fresh, in season, fruits and vegetables is a good one though I believe it could have been executed a bit better.Special Features:
- DiamondGirlDiamondGirlDined on 8/29/2014We really, really love the innovative food choices here and their locally sourced philosophy. After our forth trip here (3 dinners, 1 lunch) I have to say that, unfortunately, they do need to work on their service quickly if they are going to sustain the business as our last 2 trips here have had less than stellar to outright disorganized / poor service (hence the 3 stars overall rating). We will be waiting until fall for our next trip to see if this improves. It would be such a shame for a potentially great restaurant to go the wayside because of poor service....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Expected some fresh bread and farm fresh fresh vegetables. Noisy environment. Salmon was not even close to fresh. Should be grilled.Special Features:
- SusieQSusieQDined on 8/26/2014This is a wonderful place with a relaxed atmosphere, excellent food, and terrific service. I look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HooverDined on 8/23/2014Fresh creative menu and knowledgable staff. Great dishes for sharing. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummd'EvenmomlikeditDined on 8/18/2014I loved the restaurant and the market. I have already recommended to many and will be returning shortly with my good friend. Our waitress was sufficient -- could have been friendlier and more interested in us --- but that's the only negative comment. Otherwise, delicious and fun. Definitely going to take them up on their dinner take-out specials, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great addition to Cherry HillFoodiesDined on 8/17/2014We have enjoyed several meals at The Farm and the Fisherman. There are enough non-meat meals to satisfy anyone. The crab cake is very good, as is the chopped salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We dined on a Saturday night, 8:15 reservation. Turned down a high top table on the bar side, but it was actually quieter over there, will sit on that side next time. Food was unique and very, very good.
- our new "go to"food531Dined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit, our new "go to." A true Farm to Table experience.Special Features:
- Dined Here for Restaurant WeekLoves2eatDined on 8/16/2014My girlfriends and I dined at your establishment during Cherry Hill's Restaurant Week and it was fabulous! The options available for the "specific menu" were different and delicious. The plates were abundant with food (no scrimping here). Everything was savory and delicious!! I even peeked at the regular menu which offers plenty of variety as well! Would definitely dine here again!! Great place for a date night!!Special Features:
- Welcoming, friendly, delicious!BridgetDined on 8/16/2014Upon our arrival we were warmly received. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the beverage selections and the menu. The food was delicious. We're planning to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding for Gluten FreeMomODined on 8/16/2014In addition to having celliac, my daughter cannot do milk or soy due to nursing her 7 month old. This place had the best food she could eat since she has had these restrictions. The rest of us thought our food was wonderful also. The service was outstanding as well.Special Features:
- unexpected gemCHMD68Dined on 8/15/2014Went for restaurant week thinking it would be mostly pub or tavern fare but surprised to find fresh and flavorful food at each course. They definitely emphasize the food despite the crowded bar with a wide beer selection adjoining. Modestly loud for conversation and wait staff mostly unobtrusive. Glad to have this close by and easy to get to from I-295.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fresh food.Food2deliciousDined on 8/15/2014Restaurant week but we opted to order from main menu. Delicious broiled fluke with a gazpacho like broth was so fresh and healthy. No guilt. Peach sangria to drink and Peach Cobler to finish took advantage of fresh peaches from New Jersey orchards. Great service made our evening complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Overall it was a very good dining experience. However, the music coming from the bar area with speakers in the dining area was a bit too loud.Special Features:
- NinaNinaDined on 8/14/2014What a disappointment! I went during restaurant week - maybe that was my mistake - the pork tacquitos were stringy and there was no crunch to the slaw. The risotto stuffed zucchini was great except I found the crunch in grit from the zucchini. The doughnut holes were doughy inside - could have used another minute or so cooking time. People raved about this place - my dining companion loved her selection - fried calamari, pollock and the peanut butter chocolate crunch cake. I may try again. Maybe it was an off night.Special Features:
- First time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Took my mom and went for restaurant week. Mostly , we felt rushed. Waitress was picking up our plates from table as she asked " are u done with this?" Main course was fair. Ricotta jar was yummy. Dessert ( donut holes) was also great! I'd go back for appetizer and dessert. And possibly a different waitress.Special Features:
- Bread and waterBiggOttoVIPDined on 8/13/2014Food was great, tap water lousy. Get a filter. Your tap beers are 6 bucks, bottled water is 8!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnercupcakeDined on 8/11/2014I visited here during restaurant week so I'm not sure how extensive their regular menu is. I quite enjoyed the food I ordered as did my companion.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week policy awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Having eaten here many times, we were excited to bring friends new to the restaurant. We were given Restaurant Week menus which looked amazing. When the waitress finally appeared, she told us the menu was 'All or Nothing'. Everyone at the table had to order from this menu or no one could. Well, the 3 teens at the table wanted burgers of course, while all 4 adults wanted the Restaurant Week menu. We said, please split the table - let the teens order from the menu and us from the fixed menu. She disappeared for 15 minutes, then came back and said Sorry - All or Nothing. It's easier for the kitchen. Well, it wasn't that much easier for the kitchen because they forgot to cook my salmon entree. Will think twice about going back.Special Features:
- Fabulous DinnerFoodadventurerDined on 8/10/2014We had dinner at Farm and Fisherman to celebrate birthdays with friends, and it was our first visit. Food was outstanding and service was very friendly, knowledgeable and quick. Atmosphere very casual. Could not ask for more! Definitely worth a return trip.Special Features:
- More expensiveOldergentlemanVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is nicely prepared and the food seems fresh, however portion sizes are small and prices for food seems high. I have returned a couple of times hoping they come to their senses and recognize that Cherry Hill and this area will not support the thought that less is more. Wish them luck but too pricey for regular dining and it isn't that attractive either.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Our experience was fabulous from start to finish! The waitress was attentive and well educated on the different dishes and specials. She gave us recommendations when asked and her recommendations were right on point! The Ricotta Jar is something special and great for an appetizer. We also loved the heirloom tomato and burrata salad. The overnight tomatoes in the BLT are packed with a deep, delicious flavor. The star of the show was dessert, so be sure to save room! We shared several desserts and each of us thought that a different one was the star of the show. I personally loved the homemade Oreo and a more mature take on a peanut butter pie! We will definitely go back! I love their farm to table approach and seasonal selections!Special Features:
- Tasty food and lovely marketfederalDined on 8/7/2014The food was great, and we appreciate the ambitions of the restaurant. The water tasted too strongly of chlorine, though, and the salad was definitely overpriced for the volume I received!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for kids!LinziDined on 8/3/2014We went for brunch, and the restaurant was full of families with babies. The staff is so friendly, and the kids breakfast was wonderful! We ordered scrambled eggs for our daughter, and the plate that came out exceeded everyone's expectations! It was a lunch tray and each section had scrambled eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots, fruit, and mini donuts. It was great! (The adult food was delicious, too!!)Special Features:
- Lucky in Cherry Hillruthless2Dined on 8/2/2014The neighborhood is lucky to have this great, all around restaurant. It is the right mix for great food, libation and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food That Puts a Smile on Your FaceFlyEaglesFlyDined on 8/2/2014Our dinner on Saturday was excellent. We made reservations and the restaurant was crowded, but we were seated right away. I had the wings for an appetizer, and I believe they are among the best I've ever had. The first bite actually brought a smile to my face. The other three members of my party each had a different appetizer and they all commented on how good they were. We shared a bit, which was fun. The server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and our dining options. I thought many of the entrees were unique. We had a very enjoyable evening and I would return to the restaurant and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm and Fisherman and Cape MayRuggieDined on 8/2/2014I was glad to see a restaurant west of Cape May finally take advantage of such great beer and hopefully wine as well. The food was better than imagined, the appetizers (be devileggs) were to die for. All our meals, Salmom, Grilled Chicken, Shrimp and Grits , were awesome. I honestly was looking forward to not driving 2 hours for great Cape May Brewery craft beers. I would up enjoying it with some fantastically prepared food. Funny thing, remove the alcohol and this place is no that expensive at all. Great meal, kudos to the mgr/owner who I met on the way out that Saturday night. The accommodated a 4 month old, and I would say made us comfortable in what would really not be classified as a family restaurant. Well it was for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.