4000 Canyons Resort Dr.
Park City, UT 84098Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thecanyons.com/summer_dining.html?summer=yes
- Phone: 4356158060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 1100am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Musolf
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
A word from The Farm
Featuring farm to table cuisine, The Farm is located in the heart of the Resort Village with spectacular views of both the ski beach and mountain. Enjoy the best ambiance on the Resort while enjoying a romantic dinner, or an amazing culinary experience with friends. The Farm boasts an extensive menu, and exclusive wine list comprised of 350 hand-selected vineyards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)special occasion (7)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Not my best experience...NancyBVIPDined on 8/17/2014Have visited The Farm several times and always enjoyed it. This time was not the best. I ordered a cocktail advised by the server and wasn't crazy about it. The whole menu is very esoteric and does not lend itself to making choices easily. I ordered a salad, which was delicious, but small, especially considering the price. Also at the suggestion of the server I ordered the special pork belly appetizer. Not impressed. The meat was dry and the accompanying sauce, in my opinion, did nothing to accentuate to flavor, it really just didn't go. I'm not afraid to spend money on a dinner out, but $100 for two people (including tip) for two drinks, two simple salads, and two appetizers that were lackluster at best, just didn't seem worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.Foodieat60VIPDined on 7/9/2014Only drawback is access to place with guests who have mobility problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brettVIPDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I had the best meal in a long time. The park city area has a lot of wonderful places to eat, but The Farm topped them all. I had the best tenderloin ever. I almost ordered a second one. My wife had the artichoke stew. She loved it. Wait staff is friendly, the views are amazing; as The Farm sits at the base of The Canyons ski resort. I'm heading back to Utah in two weeks and I'm definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Fabulous food--friendly staff! Always a treat to dine at The Farm Summer, Fall or Winter!Special Features:
- Dan LemaitrelocalviewDined on 6/25/2014Food was great, but the team are still working out kinks from closing the place down for the "shoulder" season. For instance there were "blankets" thrown over the windows in the gazebo because the shades were gone. The manager and hostess don't seem to fit the ambiance that the place has had in previous years. This is very all disappointing. We are residents in Park City, not simply tourists where the place can be cavalier about a less than optimal experience. The Farm was our "go to" place all last summer. It is hard to imagine going back until we are convinced the "kinks" aren't permanent.Special Features:
- The following 263 reviews are from the The Farm reviews archive.
- How Would We KnowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2014We drove to the farm only to find it was closed, had been for a week and won't reopen until June. You need to stay on top of things like this. Needless to say we were very upset since we had been looking forward to dining there.
- Delicious and unique foodUdwariDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I chose The Farm to celebrate our one-year anniversary. We didn't know anything about it, other than it was recommended by a close friend. We got in the day before they closed for the season, so it was pleasantly quiet. The bar tendeder waived our corkage fee on a delicious bottle of Caymus Cab, 2010. The bread from Red Bicycle Bakery was delicious and served with house-made slow-churned butter. The cheese plate came with pickled dikon, toasts, and a creamy, honey-covered cow's cheese. We shared the mushroom risotto with truffle oil for dinner, which was a taste sensation! Creamy and rich; we're glad we split the meal. For dessert we shared the caramel mocha pot de creme, which came with the single best donut around!Special Features:
- worth the $$$njhoosierDined on 4/4/2014Great dining experience. The coffee desert was great & low calorie and gluten free :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get there early!TravellerVIPDined on 4/2/2014We made 9 pm reservations. The hostess hated the timing and let us know very rudely. First time to The Canyonns for my date. The rest of the staff was great, but we wont be going back. My stance is if you don't want people at 9 pm, don't take the freaking reservation! She treated other parties the same way.
- DisappointingaschlakmanVIPDined on 3/22/2014We were not seated until 30 minutes past our reservation. We were taken to the heated tent, which was quite cold. We were curious as to why we waited when we saw quite a few empty tables. It was my birthday and my husband had called ahead for a candle to be put in the dessert. They forgot. No one asked us if we wanted coffee/tea until AFTER dessert. It was a disappointing birthday experience. I would not return nor would I recommend.
- This is my wife and my numberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014This is my wife and my number 1 favorite restaurant in Park City!! The food is local and amazing, servers are friendly and great to talk to regarding items on the menu. Only downside is some people don't know how to control their kids/use a reasonable voice level...but this is Utah. Every time we visit PC (~10 times per year) we eat at the Farm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Perfect service. Great setting and atmosphere. Food was excellent but limited with starter selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid farm fresh findOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/13/2014Food service and ambience all very goo. Only wish would be for an expanded menu selection, particularly on the starter sideSpecial Features:
- Food great, wine list limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2014The food was excellant, but there wasn't a bottle of wine under $57 on the wine list. Further, we recognized most of the bottles of wine on the list and they sell for under $20 retail. I think a 300% mark-up is unacceptible and very disappointing. It's possible that Farm is paying an exhorbitant mark-up to their distributor, but we were able to find good-tasting, value wines at other restaurants in town.Special Features:
- Top table in Park City's CanyonsAratasVIPDined on 3/4/2014Located off ski beach @Canyons. We are restaurateurs and own a winery so food & wine is our way of life. Highly recommend Farm. True farm to table concept-well executed. Start with charcuterie, all in house creations. Our server ( formerly from LA) was so professional you'd think he owned the restaurant based on his knowledge and passion, we took every recommendation, couldn't have enjoyed it more. Our meal: foie gras( not local) ample, flawless, melt in your mouth. Ribeye, moderate 12oz cut- just perfect, ROASTED carrot soup and a fabulous creative kale salad made a unique meal far from typical mountain menu. Space: mountain agro- chic style. Of the 4 establishments visited (Taliskers, Riverhorse & Waldorf Astoria) this was our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality has droppedV123VIPDined on 3/3/2014They used to be fantastic but now is mediocre. They now limit the items served on their menu. There was only 8 listed entrees but only 6 available because the lamb and the only one choice of fish was not available when we had dinner. Since my dinner mate doesn't eat meat his only alternative was the risotto. It was very mushy. There was only 2 salad choices. The Farm will make you wait until your reservation time so don't come early. We usually end up waiting even when we always have a reservation scheduled. We probably won't be coming back any time soon. There are too many very good restaurants nearby to limit ourselves to this one.
- Farm Fresh!GoodfoodDined on 3/3/2014My husband and I saved The Farm for our last night out in Park City and it did not disappoint. From start to finish the experience was memorable and delicious. Everything was fresh, unique and presented with TLC. We would highly recommend the Carrot Soup, Roasted Carrot Salad and Fried Chicken. Would love to go back on another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reggie our waiter was awesome!SlonicDined on 3/2/2014Reggie our waiter was awesome! Limited menu and then a few items sold out made for very limited choices but I had the beef tenderloin and it was perhaps the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- farm freshOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2014Our meal was fantastic. I had the trout & my husband had the buttermilk chicken. Both were delicious. The bar is gorgeous. Very we'll appointed. We had our kids with us, so we sat in the dining room. I thought the room was extremely dull. No art on the walls, just tables & chairs. It felt like we were in a hallway to the outdoor room as well. The door was constantly opening & shutting with servers going through every 30 seconds. Our server was fantastic and the food was incredible therefore making up for any lack of ambience. We will definitely go back (and sit in the tented outdoor area next time).Special Features:
- The Farm- great foodfoodloverVIPDined on 2/17/2014The farm offers great farm fresh local food and does not disappoint. Located at the bottom of the Canyons ski resort, the menu changes with whatever food items are seasonal and available locally. The roasted baby carrot salad and local trout dish are must haves.Special Features:
- Very Limited menu. Why theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/13/2014Very Limited menu. Why the food was very good the lack of very choices made it difficult to choose.
- So good we went twice in one weekCanuckVIPDined on 2/13/2014We dined at The Farm twice in one week while staying at The Canyons. The food and service were wonderful each time. We were pleasantly surprised when our first server, Kris, recognized us five days later and stopped by our table a couple of times to ensure we had everything we needed eventhough we were not seated in his area. Thanks Kris! The staff works as a team which is very nice to see. The menu is not extensive but we never had a problem deciding on something delicious. We had the Charcuterie Board twice, trout, pork, and a pasta feature with confit duck. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their menu choices. The restaurant is not big so I recommend a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park City FoodieDesertPeopleVIPDined on 2/13/2014If you want to step out of your slopeside hotel and catch some good food, I'd highly recommend this place. They have the menu that will work for larger groups as we had sushi while our guests enjoyed some nice steaks. Portions were nice size and everything was cooked or "not cooked" to our satisfaction. We ate at the Edge Steakhouse at the Canyons and both were superb....the atmoshpere at Edge is a touch more romantic and the restaurant has a bit more vibe than Lespri but both served very good food. The Farm was also good at Canyons but I think of that as more of a place we like to take the 4yo kids and also have a nice meal while they eat grilled cheese and chicken fingers.Special Features:
- Fresh food prepared interestingly.NJskiersVIPDined on 2/11/2014Had a very comfortable table in the bar lounge area. Delicious roasted carrot salad, local trout, and scrumptious lamb osso bucco. Olympic were on flat screen over bar, and they made no move to kick us out. We' ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great disappointmentRIcewpVIPDined on 2/10/2014We had great expectations for the Farm, but we're disappointed at every turn. We were forced to sit in the bar because they had a large group in the dining room ( which we were not told when we confirmed our reservations). We sat waiting for someone to take our drink order for far too long. They were out of many of there dishes and missing ingredients for other dishes. They served us bread without any of their home made butter, we had to ask and wait for it. They poured still water in our glasses of sparkling water. I think you can get the general lack of attention to detail in both the front and back of the house. Not a place we would give a second chance given the high cost for a poor experience.
- Great service. Menu shouldGr12VIPDined on 2/10/2014Great service. Menu should add some other types of meat dishes such as venison,elk,caribou etc... Tenderloin was excellent as was carrot soupSpecial Features:
- Tasty beef dishesRodskiDined on 2/7/2014Comparing this visit with another at The Farm, the beef entrees are the best.Special Features:
- Always an awesome mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2014We have been to the Farm several times and they always have incredible food.Special Features:
- Creative menu but..........exit98VIPDined on 2/1/2014Avoid the main dining area if possible. The traffic to and from the separate building (glass walled yurt?) will distract you from your meal if you are seated near the path to the yurt. Literally every 10-15 seconds that door will open with a server coming out or going in. Sit in the bar area or the yurt (or whatever they call that building) for a more pleasant experience.
- Worth the drive to CanyonsrestaurantVIPDined on 1/21/2014Location, location, location. In hotel at base of mountain, patio overlooks base of mountain in winter, grassy hillside amphitheater in summer. Great organic, local food. Fine wine list. Fun place to dine.Special Features:
- Disappointing . . .FoodGloriousFoodDined on 1/21/2014I expected a more rustic, subdued place based on the name, but the food is the only thing that reflects the restaurants name. The food was very good, but service was unprofessional and we sat in this strange outside tent they have, so you can watch the slopes. At night, there was not much to see and it's more a view of the ski lift than anything. It was cold and the heater they have made it unbearably hot when it was running, or when it was off it was really cold. It's also hard to get to, you have to walk up around the back of the hotel. It was a strange experience altogether, I expected better . . . go someplace else.
- This restaurant was unbelievablyBrettDined on 1/17/2014This restaurant was unbelievably good, food was the best I had all weekend.....our waiter Reggie was one of the best waiters I have ever had.....it was excellent.. highly recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Excellent restaurant but smallNomyfoodDined on 1/17/2014Excellent restaurant but small portions for the high prices. Perfect for those who favor taste and are unconcerned with volume.Special Features:
- Fabulous MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/12/2014Wonderful and different food selections and excellent service made this a definite for us. We will be back whenever we are in Park CitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very limited menu. The foodThemightydebitronDined on 1/10/2014A very limited menu. The food was just not good. The best dish was the grilled cheese ordered from the children's menu. It was grossly overpriced. The service however was excellent. The staff was kind and attentive. The temperature in the restaurant was about 85 degrees. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- The Farm - Park City, UTRobRDined on 1/9/2014Great time. Perfect atmosphere. Service was given when we needed it, not when they wanted to do it. Gave us plenty of time to enjoy our time together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you are at the Canyons try itBWDoverDined on 1/4/2014We were wowed by the Farrm on our first visit. This was our second visit. We were seated in an outside heated area it was glass enclosed. There were drafts so not all of our party was comfortable. Our party was big (six) so thi room became the family dining area with what you might expect from young people. The food choices seemed limited but were well Prepared and the wines are excellent. The prices were in the resort range for food. The wine prices were better than expected for the quality. Service was the high point of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gem in the CanyonsCraigAVIPDined on 1/4/2014This restaurant is a bit out of the way for anybody except Canyons visitors - which is why I've never been there despite being a regular in Park City. Definitely worth a cab ride over there. Delicious food, attractively prepared. Funny - I only found it because my regular haunts were all booked and I went to OpenTable to see what I could find! I'll certainly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to bring in the New YearShariDined on 12/31/2013Nice place to ring in the New Year with friends. Friendly staff with exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6:30 reservation seated at 7:15!EdbhDined on 12/29/2013After making reservations 2 months in advance, we were not seated until 7:15! We waited while several parties were seated before us, then walked by empty tables when we were finally seated. Food is good but not as exceptional as the price. This is our last trip to the farm.