The Falls Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
155 South Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Falls Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thefallsps.com/
- Phone: 7604168664
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From gourmet outdoor events to elegant sit down affairs, or to providing concessions and hospitality tents for the annual Skins golf event, the Falls will see to it that your gathering is sure to leave a lasting impression.
- Private Party Facilities: The Falls provides two options for private parties. Our Belardo gallery, featuring the whimsical artwork of Michael Godard, combines the warmth of a fireplace, water feature, cozy booths and a view of our well stocked wine room. The Palm Canyon room overlooks famed Palm Canyon Drive with two private balconies, water feature, booths and the Godard artwork, as well. The Belardo gallery seats 72 and the Palm Canyon room seats 60.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Estrada or Jason Nichols 7604168664
- Entertainment: For special events and some holidays please call to confirm
A word from The Falls Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
The Falls of Palm Springs occupies an enviable second-floor location allowing for a bird's eye view of the lively Palm Canyon Drive. See and be seen from the wrap-around terraces or private balconies. A contemporary American steakhouse featuring prime beef, the freshest of seafood and a world class martini bar. It's colorful. Hip. And sophisticated. It's pure Falls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Falls Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)romantic (14)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (7)notable wine list (4)hot spot (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Steak & serviceGPapiDined on 8/16/2014The Falls steaks were delicious, salmon was very good and service was terrific. We had an annoying table near us where a diner tyook upon himself to scream randomly and ruin the setting, but the restaurant manager and others addressed this quickly. I would go back.Special Features:
- Worst service everFrancophileFoodieDined on 8/12/2014It was my birthday, and such a disappointing meal. We wanted a table side Cesar, which never came and a table side bananas foster - to which the waiter, when he actually came to the table and then actually made eye contact instead of looking out the window, replied there was no bananas! How can your specialty dessert be bananas foster and you have no bananas. The food was good, but did not come out with the sauces we requested- to which our brilliant waiter brought out cold~! Cold Bearnaise to put atop a warm $50 rib-eye??!! I actually will never go back....Right around the corner is Spencers, and they have NEVER disappointed!Special Features:
- Dad's 87th birthday dinner!debbiedinerDined on 7/31/2014My dad, his girlfriend, my husband and I enjoyed a sumptuous dinner (complete with caesar salad made at our table!) at The Falls for his 87th birthday. The food was delectable, the service impeccable (and with great humor!). It was our first time there and we all loved it! Thank you for a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!patrick1Dined on 7/19/2014I had been to this restaurant earlier this year and had the prixe fix menu with a friend. We loved everything we had. since we had a good experience, I thought it would be a great place to take my friend and her sister for her 50th birthday. The ahi poke did not taste fresh, the onion soup was inedible. They did not charge us for the soup, which was nice. The rest of the meal was average at best. My guests did not like the brownie dessert or the bread pudding. I thought the bread pudding was good. I won't be back. I was totally embarrassed since my friend think of me as somewhat of a foodie.
- Birthday dinner...Nana2014Dined on 7/12/2014we found The Falls Prime Steakhouse online as one of the best steak houses in Palm Springs, and since we were celebrating my birthday we ate here. it was very nice, romantic atmosphere, great food, great deserts. the ambiance was a little upscale of what we are use to, but it was my birthday so definitley a nice place to feel special. higher end restaurant amongst the palm springs strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceParentsniteoutDined on 6/10/2014We had an excellent experience at The Falls. We sat on the patio near the fire pit. Our server was timely and offered great suggestions. The food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make a reservationEmpressVIPDined on 5/24/2014Great location and decent food means this place usually has a wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICExnycopVIPDined on 5/24/2014Friendly greeting at the hostess desk. Happy hour pretty much all day. The drink menu at the bar is very creative. Food was very good and the service was excellent. Our server, Heather was on her first day at the restaurant, but did a great job. The desserts were memorable and the prix-fixe menu was reasonable and very good.Special Features:
- The following 487 reviews are from the The Falls Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs reviews archive.
- Not What It Used to BeMartiniloverDined on 4/18/2014We used to visit the Falls a lot and always had a great experience. Not sure what happened but place was like a ghost town and took forever for good to get to us. We had a gift certificate from few years ago we were going to use and they said they would not honor it because the person who issued it was not longer am owner and the girl kept arguing about it and that we should have used it sonner. I have never heard of any restaurant doing that as most will honor them not matter what. May be part of the reason there were only 5 tables filled whole time we were there. Prices are over priced as well for what's being served.
- Wedding Nite DinnerJoeKirbouDined on 4/18/2014Went to The Falls with our witnesses after a wedding celebration that was 15 years in the works.... We were enthusiastically greeted by hosts, wait staff alike. The food, individually selected from the staggering delicious choices, were al rave/brag quality to the point of plate sharing for a tasting! Our waiter anticipated our every need and potential request, disappeared when appreciatively appropriate and reappearing with the next accoutrements.............. Wonderful, memorable evening!!Special Features:
- Memorable NightAlbertaDinersDined on 4/4/2014Visiting Palm Springs plus a special occasion led us to select The Falls and it did not disappoint! Excellent value in the "prize fix" menu with two of the entrees we ordered off that menu being absolutely wonderful! Prosciutto wrapped pork chop and Sea Bass were simply fabulous! Steaks were also top notch and the twice baked potato was the best we've tried! Our request for outdoor seating was not only accommodated but wee had a terrific view of the street below for people watching. Would highly recommend this spot for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a private balcony forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2014Had a private balcony for a birthday dinner. Table side Caesar was very good. Sea bass was outstanding.Special Features:
- terribleAFloresDined on 3/29/2014The food was terrible, both our steaks were chewy awful couldnt even swallow it. We left hungry and went to get dinner to another restaurant. Will never go back or recommend to anyone. It was horrible.
- Things have changed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014The Falls was a dining location that I would take visitors to on a regular basis! Not any more it is off the list. The food was not up par and the service was so slow we served our own water! The manager was very sorry for the experience however this was not enough for a return visit.
- we had a great time , evenphilDined on 3/8/2014we had a great time , even when i had wine split all over me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent waiter. Loved howGooberDined on 3/6/2014Excellent waiter. Loved how he described the special.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingVickyDined on 2/24/2014We were looking forward to a steak dinner and this was recommended. So disappointing. Our service was terrible. My husband ordered a cocktail and the waiter wanted to take our order immediately. We sent him away to enjoy our drink and look at the menu and he was back almost immediately. We ordered a wedge salad and each a filet. The salad never arrived and the steak was there before we finished our cocktail. So much for a nice glass of red wine with our steak! Which, by the way, I would describe as fair. For $30 a la carte, I expected something I didn't have to saw through! And apparently there were specials that I waiter neglected to inform us. The ambiance was nothing great - overlooking the street above a cigar bar. Really? Do not go!
- Could use an interior updateDesireeinpsVIPDined on 2/19/2014Went for my birthday. Service was exceptional you could tell our waitress loved her job. Myself and my BFF had the fish special it came with a lobster tail and was delicious ! Our other guest had the rack of lamb which he loved. She brought us their famous date and pecan bread pudding for my bday and it completed our meal. I'll definitely be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day SuccessTwinkieMamaDined on 2/14/2014The Falls was an excellent choice for VDay 2014! Great service and great food as always even on this busy night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehPaulDined on 2/14/2014The wait was too long after making reservations. The bar was dirty where we waited. It needs an overhaul. The restaurant was nice and service and food was good. There are better steakhouses in the area.Special Features:
- Valentine's daypoolplyrDined on 2/14/2014I made my reservations about 4 days before so I did not have many choices.Had to call and confirm the day of and glad I did as one group was denied since they didn't. Seated within 10 minutes of our time so I was pleased but did not see the waitress for 15 minutes.I expected a wait being valentines day but this was a little much as we waited for everything.Didn't get our bread until a minute before our entrées arrived. Wife got scallop and shrimp fettuccine which she said was awesome. I got the porterhouse which was cooked on the medium side of medium rare but it was still very good Garlic mashed potatoes were the creamiest I have ever had.Son had stiletto steak which was medium rare when we ordered medium. Prices were fare, $140 for three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DelightDanielhDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I celebrated Valentine's at the Falls. We have been there several times before and love the food and the service. This time we asked to sit in Desiree's area. She is always positive and eager to satisfy every desire. My wife had the lobster tail and I had the 20 oz. dry aged ribeye. Cooked perfectly and delicious. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night disasterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014The Falls has fallen. Very poor service (we waited for nearly everything. At meal's end, we waited at least 30 minutes for the check, after numerous requests). Food was just ok, overpriced. We were seated in dining room off the bar, was noisy & hot. Manager shut French doors to allow dining room to cool and to abate noise, but the hired help left the doors open again within 2-3 minutes. Would not recommend, Palm Sorings has many good places, this is one that is poor.
- Great for Special Occasionsbarbs22Dined on 2/14/2014The service and food were great. Large variety of food for all. Portions are large but ala carte. The presentation of the 'smoking' martini's is a spectacle...the added dry ice makes them smoke and keeps them really cold which is wonderful...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine day disappointmentDissapointedDined on 2/14/2014We went to The Falls Steakhouse for two of their specialties. Caesar salad and Bananas Foster. When it came time to order we were told that both of their specialties were not being served on Valentines day. What a disappointment. The rest of the food was good but nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed this place!crich113VIPDined on 2/8/2014We really enjoyed this place! We shared the proscuitto wrapped mozzerella as an appetizer. I had the small filet and my husband had the prime rib - done just right1 Food was delicious. We will definitely return when we are back in Palm Springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantOCDINERVIPDined on 2/7/2014The sea bass was excellent, melted in my mouth. Service was very good. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- palm springs oldiebobtherealtorDined on 2/3/2014A main town classic restaurant... been going for years... great steaks.. and lovely patio dining when weather permits! Food has always been consistent.. and service friendly... fairly priced for quality steaks... onion soup always a classic dish.. Enjoy the old Palm Springs feeling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cautious about a second timeSmokinJoDined on 1/28/2014Had the pork chop because they ran out of the fish special at 7pm (really?) even though the waiter spent 5 minutes going through the specials and made a big deal of the fish special!! Pork chop was dry and smashed potatoes were ordinary. Had the crab cake appetizer which was basically like eating fried baby food - no real chunks of crab to speak of. Ambiance was nice but wierd, as when we entered Led Zepp was playing in the bar area and then we entered dinning area and we had elevator music - go figure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good for a group of 10DisappointedVIPDined on 1/25/2014Not good for a group of 10 like ours. We waited 1 hour for the check! Very disappointed. Food and ambience great. Not smart managers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional eveningVinnyDined on 1/23/2014We had a wonderful experience at the FALLS, it was my Fiancés birthday and it was super romantic and the rack of lamb of outstanding. Juan our waiter suggested everything we ordered and he was RIGHT ON, it was all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrived for dinner at 8:15ArmandoDined on 1/19/2014Arrived for dinner at 8:15 when they close at 9:30, but the staff was great even though we were the last table and I know we kept some of them there longer than usual. I usually like to avoid that but couldn't this time. The restaurant was not busy on a Sunday holiday weekend in January, but last time I was here it was. The bar is great when it is busy, although it can get TOO crowded. Solid food and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ambianceJrsygirlDined on 1/18/2014The food is great love the balcony ambiance looking over the streets of ps. I wish the waiter actually brought the oysters I ordered. Even with a mediocre waiter I still love this place. The host staff is super accommodating and helpful. Their smoking martini snare pretty cool.Special Features:
- Best Food in Palm SpringsJeanneTDined on 1/18/2014Everything we ordered was out-of-this-world great but the steak was even better. Service was excellent. We dined outdoors and enjoyed the people watching experience. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a truly great dining experience.Special Features:
- Well done!dakiddDined on 1/11/2014From the moment you enter the restaurant, everyone there made our visit special. The food was perfect. Lobster tail, Petit Filet, sautéed mushrooms and sautéed spinach all prepared exactly as we liked. The 1/2 bottle of wine option was also great to see. My wife LOVED the pomegranate martini's and everyone around us thought the presentation was pretty cool too. Our waiter came by often to make sure the food was acceptable and the wine glass was filled. Pricey - YES but worth it!Special Features:
- New Year's Eve DisappointmentBeckVIPDined on 12/31/2013Group of six dined on NYE. Slow and inattentive service with just ok food. Baked potatoes were way overcooked...clearly had been sitting in a warming oven all day. Had to ask for our waiter several times.Special Features:
- Elegant Dinng in Palm SpringsJimmyDined on 12/31/2013A fabulous place with terrific menu, particularly steaks. Always a great meal with great presentation. They never miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary!LovethefallsDined on 12/31/2013We had a great Anniversary dinner . We sat outside on the balcony at the "Fire Pit" Table, which was lovely. The drinks, food and service were wonderful. We love The Falls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EAC ReviewLizanneDined on 12/31/2013The food here was wonderful. Group of four, and we all enjoyed our food. However, I was disappointed in the service. 3 of us finished our meal and I was ready for coffee and dessert. Our waiter was no where to be found and we waited at least 15 minutes for him to show up. Finally we were running out of time so we skipped it and requested our ticket. As I got my ticket he flipped my glass of water over in my lap. He apologized, but really a comp for wine or a to go dessert would have been appropriate. It was an expensive restaurant and that would have been the nice thing to do. I would still dine here again because the food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW, What a viewPrettyfitzDined on 12/31/2013We had reservations for New Years Eve on the balcony and from the moment we were seated the experience began. Server was fantastic and was there when we needed her to take ctar of our every request. Then the food came and all I can say is OMG, both the filet and NY Steak were cooked to perfection which isn't always easy when one is MR and the other MW. This will be our "go to" restaurant when we go out to dinner in Palm Springs. You can't go go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.