The Factory Kitchen
1300 Factory Place
Los Angeles, CA 90013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Factory Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefactorykitchen.com/
- Phone: 2139966000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Angelo Auriana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Factory Kitchen
Factory Kitchen is a local traditional Italian restaurant in the heart of the Arts District in Downtown Los Angeles. Factory is the product of life long friendship of Restauranteur Matte Ferdinandi and Chef Angelo Auriana. Chef angelo prepares dishes using fresh seasonal and locally sourced ingredients. The approachable menu at Factory highlights the simplicity of traditional local recipes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
The Factory Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Factory Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
360 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (281)hot spot (170)neighborhood gem (163)special occasion (103)great for lunch (69)good for groups (66)vibrant bar scene (56)notable wine list (56)late-night find (33)romantic (26)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Trendy place with good quality foodMmmmDined on 9/19/2014The dishes are well prepared with excellent presentation. They offer dishes that are not usually in typical Italian restaurants such as the handkerchief pasta. Definitely a place for foodies. The restaurant is very trendy and service is excellent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Awesome...my 3rd time dining here. I brought 3 newbies to the restaurant. the only down side was they were out of Ossobuco by 7:30 :-(Special Features:
- Everything was Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Loved the food, service and ambiance! A great place to buy a bottle of wine, taste the menu and relax. The room was filled with lots of people enjoying their time. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UgggggOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Meh....meh....meh - servers don't really care.....food is underwhelming...pasta is very good but others rival airplane food in flavor and temperature.
- awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Falls very short of other new Italian restaurants downtownSpecial Features:
- Brilliant food!verypickyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Have been thinking about the handkerchief pasta since I left the restaurant 3 days ago!!!!!! Can't wait to return. Everything was so delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014The reviews, had us expecting a great meal -- we got mediocre. The arugula, fennel, orange salad -- was excellent. The fritto misto with garbanzos and baby leeks was okay but lacked something; sauce to accompany it, like a salsa verde would have been nice. The mushroom focaccia was bland, boring, and had little cheese. After a couple of bites we decided it wasn't worth bothering to eat. We considered ordering the one vegetarian pasta on the menu, but after the lackluster focaccia we figured it not worth bothering. We opted instead to have dessert - the fig tart and the profiteroles were quite good. Servers were ineffective yet hovered. They offered to box the mostly uneaten focaccia, yet showed no concern nor questioned why we declined.Special Features:
- Inappropriate attitudefinickyDined on 9/13/2014The food was pretty good, the room was exciting, but what ruined the evening was the manager or sommelier? who was less than courteous when we asked him to pick out a tasting menu for us with a matching wine. He acted as if he was very put-out by our simple and not uncommon request. He got the job done, curt and unsmiling, as if he was mad at us. Not even at a fast food place have I ever been treated that way. If he was having a personal issue, he should not take it out on a table that plunked down $200 for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveLAdiningsceneDined on 9/13/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Los Angeles, bar none. The food is absolutely outstanding with each dish delicately blending wonderful flavors with a subtle scrumptiousness. The staff couldn't be nicer or more attentive. The ambience is cozy yet spacious. The place is alive and buzzing with excitement and anticipation yet intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still one of the best in downtownHelenandPattifavVIPDined on 9/11/2014This week we went twice...sometimes you just want consistent ...daily tweaks to the menu keeps you coming back...the wine list is amazing ...and this time the service fell apart at the end...but the rebound was coffee and dessert were removed from the bill...good Move by manager ...will look forward always to the foccacini...a must...hope this place keeps the foodies happy ...only the strong survive...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gets better every timeHelenandPattifavVIPDined on 9/9/2014Great wine list...pasta offerings are fabulous...order the foccacini...it's beyond great...and go hungry because you will want to try many if the offerings....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown FindPhilip7Dined on 9/7/2014We went on a Sunday evening so it was a little busy but not packed. The space had a great loft like feel to it. The staff was very friendly. But the best part was the food. The starters and entrees were excellent but the desserts were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014The service was perfect and the food wonderful - a great experience, to be sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2014First time at Factory Kitchen. It was amazing. Food was outstanding as well as the service. Would definitely recommend to friends! Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceFirstGastronomeDined on 9/2/2014Outstanding kitchen and very creative dishes. The homemade pasta is outstanding and the selection of wines very appealing. Bellissimo!Special Features:
- Excellent design and executionomnivoreVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Factory Kitchen is one of our new favorites, as they have shown amazing creativity and flawless execution in all of the dishes we have tried. The staff is always helpful and offers excellent guidance in assembling a lovely meal. Service is careful and not rushed, which is very appreciated. The wines have not disappointed! One minor quibble is that the noise level is high enough that we would not be able to entertain some of our friends at The Factory Kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingInthebizDined on 8/27/2014Server was present and food came out very fast...but rather it take a bit longer and come out well seasoned. Bland. Everything.
- Pasta MiaMZ333Dined on 8/25/2014Fantastic! The recommendations were great. Another great new spot in the Arts District.Special Features:
- Factory: Street Name, Not the TasteDavidKDined on 8/25/2014Factory Kitchen has been on my "to do" list for a couple of months, so I took a friend there for lunch yesterday. I will definitely go there again to sample more of their fresher than fresh tasting dishes and to be served by their attentive and friendly staff. I am not certain, but I will guess that the chef is a big fan of butter. Or maybe I'm obsessed with butter. Of the dishes I ate, the only ones that require butter are the cannoli for the pastry crust and the prosciutto which is served on the lightest and flakiest wisp of a flat bread. Maybe the chef created a butter-flavored olive oil for the minestrone and the handkerchief pasta. I don't know. But the flavors certainly had me melting like butter. Valet parking is a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MedarDined on 8/24/2014It was great. The food is outstanding.i would go again and again.Special Features:
- JackloveDined on 8/24/2014We came to The Factory kitchen for the first time last Sunday. The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive without being in top if us. The food came quickly after we finished each course. We had made reservations and got seated immediately after walking in. Overall good experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014I had such a great time. Great service, from the hosts to the bar to our server. The food really captured the essence of Italy for Angelenos. Fantastic!Special Features:
- MandiVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wide ranging menu. Energetic to noisy. Staff a bit inattentive to wine. Food excellent. Casual and fun. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- LovetodineVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food is delicious. It is noisy. Space is well designed. Worth the trip downtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars when dessert improvesMoosemanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went with high expectations and they were met. Excellent food, terrific service. Handkerchief pasta was amazing. Pork belly was wonderful, as was the sea robin (never heard of it before) fish. Only weak spot was the pathetic "gelato" for dessert: the coffee gelato tasted like coffee ice, completely lacking any richness, and the gianduia gelato was gummy. If you're going to call something "gelato", it darn well better be naturally rich and smooth or what's the point? Definite 5-star rating but for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!smartypantscommunistDined on 8/22/2014Though we had a reservation, we decided to sit at the bar and eat. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, especially Hillary and Jasmine. Our dinners were perfection. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveKittykitchenVIPDined on 8/21/2014Rarely is it worth driving across town for a new restaurant in LA. If you don't mind making a reservation weeks in advance, and still having to wait a half hour or more to be seated,or taking your chances on getting a seat at the bar, then this venue is worth trying and repeating. Dishes are simple, but perfectly balanced. Pastas are extraordinary. Service good. Bathrooms unfortunately were disgusting, and front of house needs to learn how to schedule their tables better to waits aren't unreasonable. When they figure it out or the buzz dies down,it will be even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaitaDined on 8/20/2014Portions are so small and yet pricey. Although quality of food is good. Otherwise, had a nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Factory gemcmmmVIPDined on 8/17/2014Great surprise in now hip downtown factory district. Surprised to see foodies of all ages--not only the young and hip but the sophisticated older food crowd. Great food, great bar and drinks and wine, nice waitstaff.. a great gem for all downtown activities.Special Features:
- billchinVIPDined on 8/16/2014we all enjoyed our dishes--fish stew, robin fish, dover sole as well as the pork bellySpecial Features:
- overbooked...TrmrSerVIPDined on 8/15/2014walking in, very excited. came with high recommendations. arrived 20 minutes prior to reservation hoping to catch a drink at the bar. we were told we would be seating closer to reservation time. when we checked in, hostess advised they were running 15 minutes behind schedule. proceeded to tell us that every 15 minutes until we were seated an hour after our reservation time. hostess was rude and couldn't provide an exact time to when we would be seated which was unacceptable on a busy saturday night. Manager was super nice due to delay and sent over an array of desserts. ultimately it could have gone a lot better should the hostess have been kinder and had some idea of what to say to us during this type of situation.Special Features:
- Great Food - Spot on serviceRandteamDined on 8/15/2014Factory Kitchen is a gem. This was our first time visiting the restaurant and we were blown away. Started with the stuffed peppers which were delicious. Followed by some of their stuffed bread with mushrooms and a fantastic salad with goat cheese and dates. Dont miss the Prochutto, it's ridiculous. All if their pastas are made fresh on the premisus. We had the handkerchief pasta with pesto and another pasta that was stuffed with two meats, veal and pork. both were amazing. In addition to the great food the drinks were really good. We love this place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticWPspeedboyDined on 8/15/2014Just returned from Italy and it's as good as the best there! Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as the hypecodyDined on 8/14/2014Super hip, super cool, with really interesting Italian food, great wine list, smart service and fabulous people watching. Angelo Auriana has always been an ace chef and continues his run here. The handmade pastas are scrumptious. But be forewarned, restaurant is mega loud; conversation is futile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoOmnivoreVIPDined on 8/13/2014Went for the first time this week and already planning return visit. Be ready for a loud room, but the food is outstanding. Go. Soon.Special Features:
- Noise LevelhankDined on 8/13/2014Our reservation was early and the noise level was excellent but as the time grew on until after 7PM the noise level became difficult. All customer noise not music.Special Features:
- BlackiconDined on 8/12/2014Love that the menu is ever changing but always fresh and tasty!Special Features:
- Fabulous Find in the Arts District!caligirlDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful food, great ambiance, I'm definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Terrific food in a lively settingChop10Dined on 8/10/2014I was expecting a more industrial space and was surprised to find the ambience so warm (thanks to the lighting) and inviting. The restaurant was full and loud-ish, yet we were able to talk and hear comfortably at our table. Then came the food, and it was simply delicious (and this coming from someone who just spent a week eating in Tuscany): the focaccina calda di Recco with foraged chanterelles was out of this world; the mandilli seta, silken heaven; and the porchetta (which our friend ordered and I was initially less excited about) beautifully executed. Three of us (none dessert fans) shared the panna cotta, which is the best I've ever had. I can't wait to return to explore the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014Our second visit. Every dish was amazing. Service a bit rushed and curt. Given prices that could be better. Even with reservation had to wait awhile for table. Just irritants to what was a great evening of food. Best food in downtown! Work on service and can be best in LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.