The Exchange Tavern
11940 Bradburn Blvd
Westminster, CO 80031-5099Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $31 to $50
The Exchange Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.exchangetavern.com/
- Phone: 3034690404
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast and Brunch: Thursday - Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Both small private area up to 20 guests, as well as large semi-private dining area with patio access as well (isolated from other guests, but not behind closed doors) for groups up to 50. For a revenue guarantee, the entire restaurant can be reserved during the week as well.
- Private Party Contact: Teddi Davis 3034690404
- Entertainment: Home-Grown Trivia 7-9:30pm every Wednesday (Nope, you don"t have to be a genius!); Live music Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from The Exchange Tavern
Full service eatery offering seasonally-inspired rustic cuisine created with the finest ingredients. A wide selection of menu items pair nicely with refreshing handcrafted cocktails, or carefully-selected wines, and specialty taps--creating the premier gathering place in the Westminster/Broomfield area where guests relax, share and enjoy. Voted the Best Place for a First Date, as well as the Best Place to Drink Whiskey, the scene is vibrant, eclectic and welcoming. Warmed by the open-flame oven, bar-side fireplace, dark woods and stone accents, the space has an earthy feel. Similarly, the mix of seating options has something for every taste with cozy booths, ample bar seating, and party-sized tables--all designed to encourage guests to linger and enjoy heartfelt Irish hospitality. Weekends are busy with live entertainment, and breakfast/brunch served 7a-2p Fri-Sun. This is a true public house, where community is built with good food and drink shared between friends old and new.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Exchange Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good food, slow serviceNotpickyDined on 9/7/2014I like the limited menu that's focused on a few really good dishes. Corned beef hash, biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles, etc. The kitchen was slow. It was maybe a 30% full restaurant and our food took 35 minutes to come out. When the food came, we liked it. The corned beef hash was homemade and excellent. The biscuits and gravy could use a little work, the gravy being a little too sweet and the biscuit tiny. We will probably come back but we won't be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad slowAnne123VIPDined on 6/6/2014Have been here several times bad really like it. This time around, service was slow... The Greek sanduíche was bland. Must have been a one time hick up as they are usually awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the The Exchange Tavern reviews archive.
- great after work wind downTryItDined on 5/16/2014Nice mixture of good food and decent drinks. Wait staff was great. A place good place to get together with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not live up to the reviewsUnderwhelmedDined on 5/11/2014We went to the mother's day brunch based on the $$$ rating as well as the online reviews. We made a reservation on-line and were seated promptly as expected, however this was the only real positive experience here. The restaurant was very busy and had multiple parties waiting to be seated. We found out there was only a buffet available and no option for ordering off the menu. Five of the main entree components (Eggs, Hash Browns, French Toast, Bacon, Sausage Gravy) were out and were not re-filled throughout our entire stay. The juice available was room temperature to warm and table service was almost completely absent. The restaurant seemed to be more interested in selling/serving alcohol rather than customer service or quality.
- Local gem!BroomfieldHomeDined on 5/4/2014Great menu and ambiance. Nice fireplace outside makes for terrific outside dining.Special Features:
- Easter Brunch disappointmentPaulDined on 4/20/2014I'm sure the Exchange Tavern is a little better than what we found for our Easter dinner. Even though it was advertised as an Easter bunch provider we found no bunch items available when we arrived at 3;00 pm. I know that was late but still we should have been warned brunch buffet was not available when we made the reservation. We ordered off the menu and the food was so-so. One good thing, the draft beer and the house wine were quite reasonable. It's a nice little neighborhood pub and that's it
- Most unhappy Easter brunchFLOPDined on 4/20/2014The food was cold, the service, although present, did not smile or appear happy to be working on Easter. The staff standing behind the food were talking to themselves and did not seem attentive if I had a question. The menu was very basic and for an Easter brunch did not woofer more that what I could get at Denny's. Will not be going back.
- Awesome findjoepinkDined on 3/3/2014Planned on restaurant week and could not get a reservation, so decided to try this place for the first time. We were a group of four and totally enjoyed the evening. The food was really good, and the service was fantastic. Definitely have my repeat business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightSchultz132VIPDined on 2/27/2014I picked The Exchange Tavern for girls night because of the menu. The food took 55 minutes to make it to our table. The server was really nice, but didn't explain the wait or offer any alternatives.Special Features:
- great neighborhood restaurantLoriDined on 2/15/2014The Exchange Tavern is a great local place in our Westminster neighborhood to have a drink and a good meal. There are a number of unique menu items (where else can you get deviled eggs as an appetizer?) and the atmosphere is casual and fun. I've always had friendly & helpful waitstaff when I eat here, too. My favorite meal to eat here is brunch, though. And I always take a pint of the green chile to go!Special Features:
- Gem for Last Minute ReservationJiggyJay2014Dined on 2/14/2014We scrambled to find a reservation for valentines day. We looked on Thursday and was able to secure a 7PM slot for Exchange Tavern. The food was great, the guys in our group had ribeye steak and the ladies had the Marsala chicken. Both dishes had nothing to complain about. Drinks were flowing and the service was great. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and funnnnnFamilyDined on 2/14/2014My fiancé and I decided to try this place out, and it was a good surprise as the food was good, the atmosphere was nice, and the service was great. The business reminded me of being run by a family, and that is because it seems to me that they actuality care. It was nice to see. This would be a nice place In the summer as the patio is open and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaymaecVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food was good for the price. Liked the location. Quaint neighborhood spot, but not enough to call it a "Neighborhood Gem". Went on Valentine's Day for dinner. Our table was so close to others that you could not have a private conversation. We could hear our neighbors and sure they could hear us. I could have literally reached over and stabbed a piece of my neighbors veggies with my fork and vice versa. Not sure if this was because it was Valentine's Day and they were trying to squeeze in extra tables or if this is the norm.Special Features:
- Valentines FuncherDined on 2/14/2014We had made reservations and were so pleased to be seated in the separate enclosed booth area. We could enjoy a leisurely dinner but still hear the music from the bar, We enjoyed our meal very much and the waitstaff was very friendly. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute local spotsdxansdxanDined on 2/14/2014I've been here before to meet friends. The food is good but overpriced. Be careful on what you are ordering. The sliders are the best priced and most worth it item on the menu. Crab cakes appetizer comes with two small cakes for $10, but the sliders use the same sized cake for under $3. Side of sautéed broccoli was $4 for 4 small pieces of the vegetable. Our service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to the Exchange forTadnmaryDined on 2/14/2014We went to the Exchange for Valentine's dinner. The food was nice, although it was a big deal to get any bread. Wine and beer was good too. The ambience is very noisy and bustling, and it is not a romantic type of place at all. We were seated at a tiny table that was barely 2 ft from another tiny table. Needless to say, the talk wasn't too personal between us. Lots of people love this place, and I can see why. If you like beer, a variety of foods, and don't mind stupid flat screen tvs in every direction, its great. But not for a romantic dinner. P.S. There was really no chocolate for dessert! Scandalous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.