The Elephant Walk - Waltham
663 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02451Neighborhood:
CambodianPrice: $30 and under
The Elephant Walk - Waltham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://waltham.elephantwalk.com/
- Phone: 7818992244
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Cambodian, French
- Executive Chef: Nadsa De Monteiro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two main dining rooms, one that can accommodate groups for any occasion of up to 55 and 25 people respectively. Either of the spaces is suitable for family and corporate events alike along with the delicious food and thoughtful service that guests have come to expect from the Elephant Walk.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Millea 7818992244
- Special Events: The restaurant can accommodate groups up to 90 for your special occasions. We have two large rooms, one that can accommodate groups for any occasion of up to 60 and 40 people respectively.
- Cross Street: Moody Street
- Public Transit: We are on Waltham's Common where numerous bus lines and the Fitchburg Commuter Rail Line converge.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We now offer 12 private parking spaces in the rear of our building, on Common Street [the extension of Moody, at the corner of Main]. Look for the spaces marked with white signs featuring our logo. - In addition to our private spaces, there is a huge municipal lot just beyond our lot, that is free after 6:00 p.m. weeknights and on weekends. There are also a handful of metered spots in front of our building. DON'T WORRY: There's plenty of parking!
A word from The Elephant Walk - Waltham
The Elephant Walk serves Award-Winning Cambodian and French cuisine. We also offer complete VEGETARIAN and GLUTEN-FREE menus! - We’re America's first Benefit Restaurant® [benefitrestaurants.org], giving 3% of our sales to nonprofits fighting poverty. Dining with us you help strengthen your community! - With great depth and breadth to our menus, both exotic and familiar, we have something for just about everyone. Less hot and sweet than Thai, and richer and more complex than Vietnamese, Cambodian cooking reflects Cambodia’s Indian and Javanese ancestry. - We serve both traditional Cambodian dishes and originals created by Chefs Longteine and Nadsa de Monteiro, a Cambodian mother & daughter born and raised in Phnom Penh. Why French too? They are French-educated and grew up speaking French and enjoying French cuisine, too, when Cambodia was a French Protectorate. Hence, our Cambodian-and-French theme is an authentic reflection of…us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Elephant Walk - Waltham reviews from OpenTable diners
- Healthy food comfortable placeRebeccaVIPDined on 11/9/2013The place could use some refurbishing. Surroundings looks a little worn, but the spring rolls were excellent. Good vegetarian options and responsive, pleasant service. Good selection of wine and imported beer.Special Features:
- Good.saraDined on 11/3/2013food wasnt "out of this world" but it was good. Prices are reasonable. Service descent.
- Fantastic GemStasiaDined on 10/25/2013After trying everything on Moody St, we branched out and were SO pleased and surprised. The quality was amazing, the service was on point and every bite was a treat! By far the best food I've had in Waltham. I also loved the gluten free menu as I always have a hard time ordering at restaurants that don't offer options for more health conscious folks. I appreciated how most of the ingredients were listed, even that they cook with coconut milk. You don't find that just anywhere! I'd never had Cambodian food but I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- shunned at the host(ess) deskEASYTOPLEASEDined on 10/23/2013I am so disappointed in the Elephant Walk. I made a clerical error and booked the date for the 23rd not the 24th. When we arrived on the 24th the "host" was going to seat us and then he found out we had a reservation. When he looked up my name he found out that I had actually had a reservation for the 23rd and we were there on the 24th. He then refused to seat us!! This is too bad because as you know. A positive experience is told once and a neg experience is told 10x. Very very disappointed in the host behavior!!
- What a great place!TonyTDined on 10/21/2013Wonderful food. Found this by accident while on a business trip. It's a local Boston chain with 3 locations. I've been to the Waltham location twice now and the food was excellent both times. Perfect fusion of southeast asian and french. The duck crepe and short ribs are awesome, but you really can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - ate everythingeateateatDined on 10/13/2013Great food - ate everything on the plate! Service was good.Special Features:
- Asian food for foodiesChuckG24Dined on 10/12/2013The Elephant Walk consistently serves very high quality and unique Asian food for foodies. Great place to bring friends or for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have a very restrictiveHamiDined on 10/11/2013I have a very restrictive diet for health reasons and I found our waiter very accommodating. They had to create a dish just for me and I was very pleased. My meal was delicious! I was impressed with how courteous and understanding the staff was. I highly recommend them and look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, but not outstandingUnderwhelmedDined on 10/9/2013Admittedly, after all the ads and hype I've heard about The Elephant Walk, my expectations were high. We both had the Prix Fixe PRIME. The food was good. The menu was reasonably creative. But it wasn't that original or outstanding an experience. The preparations and flavors weren't that far from things I can find elsewhere. The value for the prix fixe menu was decent, but not great. Overall, it was enjoyable, but not especially noteworthy. The ambiance is a bit cramped and noisy, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysNotaSandwichDined on 10/5/2013Elephant Walk is a go-to restaurant for us. Though their menu changes periodically and we try different things each time, the food continues to be delicious and unique. It's mostly all in the flavoring and in the spices that are used. Overall, a fine experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Vietnamese fusion cuisineBentleyfamilyVIPDined on 10/4/2013This is a very good asian bistro with a french Vietnamese theme. Flavors of ginger and soy are found in many dishes. I might describe it as french asian fusion cuisine. Food is very well seasoned and has lots of flavor. All of the dishes we had were good to excellent. Short ribs, flat iron steak , and sesame tuna were all very good. Chicken soup was well prepared with a lot of white meat chicken but had an unusual lime flavor. Spring rolls were very crispy and enough for two. Shrimp wontons were appealing but were more like a shrimp in lemon butter garlic sauce on a wonton skin cracker. Atmosphere is a step up from most storefront asian eateries but certainly nothing special. Prices are reasonable but not cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and deliciousLorliDined on 10/4/2013We really enjoyed our dinner at the Elephant Walk. The service was quick and courteous, the setting pleasant and the food was outstanding! We never had Cambodian food before and we're converts now.Special Features:
- exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2013Exceptional food + probably the best moderately priced restaurant in the Boston areaSpecial Features:
- A nice quiet place in Waltham!DonGDined on 9/21/2013We had an excellent Birthday dinner for my wife at the Elephant Walk. Front window has a wonderful view of the town common and it was very quiet. Service was excellent, Food is delightful and much variety in the French Cambodian style. We have been to the Elephant Walk in Boston, but this was our first time in Waltham. It is quieter, less hustle bustle and no complaints whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCallistoVIPDined on 9/20/2013We had a terrific lunch, sharing a variety of appetizers and main dishes. The lunch staff was gracious, attentive, helpful, and respected our pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at this ElephantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/15/2013We have dined at this Elephant Walk at least 50 times. Recently we felt the portion sizes were smaller. However, we just dined there again, and we are certain they have made the portion sizes smaller without changing prices. The Prix Fixe salad and soup are miniscule-more like portions for a small child. In previous visits, my spouse has been able to take home part of her entree. Now, she is still hungry after the entree. I had the crepe de Canard which is now one crepe. In the past I am certain it was two crepes for the same price. The food is good, service excellent. But be prepared for smaller dinner and possibly snack at home.
- Fantastic experience@ Elephant WalkLadydigDined on 9/13/2013Loved the food here, atmosphere great also! Amazing experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good meal at the Elephant WalkJoanieCVIPDined on 9/13/2013The Waltham Elephant Walk is our favorite and we always enjoy the food there. This time was no exception. My husband and I shared the Cambodian spring rolls, a seasonal salad with peaches and arugula, the duck crepe and the Pork Diplomat. All good choices. Very reliable and a good value for the money.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and greatVishalDined on 9/10/2013Excellent Service and great food. Perfect ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2013I went here last January and had a great meal. This past Sunday was more disappointing. We ordered an appetizer (spring rolls) which were excellent, however our salad came too soon. A waiter then brought nice french bread - would have been appreciated with our drinks. With appetizer and salad still being eaten, the waitress warned us to make room for our entrees. Much too fast out of the kitchen. When she brought the check, our waitress told us to take our time - too late. The appetizer, salad and dessert were quite good, but my main dish, Porc Royale, tasted burnt and the sauce was heavy - overall not very appealing. I might go again and order off the appetizer, soup and salad menu.Special Features:
- It's changedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013I've always loved the Elephant Walk but the meal we had the other night has made me wonder if I'm going back. The food is still great but we were told they have a new chef and they've reduced the portions of some of their appetizers and entrees. For $64 we had three appetizers, one entree and tap water. Food is great but not worth the money!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistentExperiencedDinerDined on 9/4/2013Excellent vichyssoise and passion fruit mousse; dry pork tenderloin; else very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed Now!HdhejVIPDined on 8/31/2013This place was very good, but the place is closed now.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience!DMBWalthamDined on 8/31/2013We live in Waltham and go to Elephant Walk often. The food and service are always excellent. We are lucky to have this terrific restaurant in our town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a fair experience.SammieDined on 8/29/2013This was my first time at the Elephant Walk. I have heard great things about this restaurant and decided to give it a try. They have a good selection of both French and Cambodian cuisine. The prices are a bit high for such small portions. Having a Cambodian background, I was excited to try some of the 'authentic' Cambodian dishes. Some of the members in my group ordered the Phnom Phen Noodles, Amok Royal as well as the Loc Lac. We were not impressed. The food lack the depth that real Cambodian cuisine has. It was flat and was sweeter than it should be. However, one member of our group ordered Beef Bourguigno. We tried it and thought that was a dish fitting for such an atmosphere, location and price. We wished we all have ordered it.Special Features:
- great restaurant week meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2013Attentive service. The quinoa salad appetizer was a standout with the delicious smoky flavor of the bluefish. The braised duck in the crepe de canard was tender and flavorful. The only bad note was too much balsamic on the otherwise tasty grapefruit sorbet dessert. The grapefruit is acidic enough without the vinegar. The decor was just so-so but an expansion is underway. Overall, very enjoyable lunch, would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always yummy and fabulous service!SavvydinerVIPDined on 8/28/2013Once again, The Elephant Walk proved to be a place to count on. It was my birthday, so I didn't want to risk an unknown... The only complaint we had was that it was extremely loud. However, this was restaurant week, and it was filled to capacity. We can surely cut them slack on that one! They offered me a complimentary dessert for my special day, a really nice gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lingered over lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2013I made a reservation to meet a HS friend I only see every couple of years. We were happy to find free parking reserved for customers right behind the restaurant. The waiter was great and showed us how to roll our spring roll appetizers. He was attentive but not intrusive. The appetizers wee great. I had a shrimp entree which was also delicious. The dessert, a delicious grapefruit sorbet, was a perfect ending. We stayed quite a while and had tea (also yummy) and talked with no feeling of being rushed whatsoever. I would recommend Elephant Walk if you want something a little different and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and DelightfulRuthieGVIPDined on 8/22/2013I can always depend on the food at Elephant Walk to be uniquely flavorful. I had a halibut that was perfectly prepared -- moist and substantial in size. The sauce was delicate and the accompaniments equally tasty. Importantly the food is always nutritious, low in fat and in general healthy. The ambiance is comfortable and the table by the window perfect. For some reason it's quieter there than in the rest of the dining room. The service is always good, too. Our server made a good recommendation for wine. That the restaurant sets aside a portion of its profits for sustainable projects is just an added plus. Always a lovely evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2013We celebrated a wedding anniversary at the Elephant Walk. We had mentioned this was the occasion when we made the reservation. Several people warmly congratulated us, we were shown to a "special" table somewhat apart from the other tables, a manager came by to welcome us and congratulate us, and we were greeted by a server who gave us complementary glasses of champagne. How great was that!!!!Special Features:
- Always DeliciousSusieBaaDined on 8/21/2013I would eat here anytime, since everything I've ever ordered has been delicious. I have eaten multiple times at the 3 different locations and always had a wonderful meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, fresh and deliciousVeteranswifeVIPDined on 8/19/2013Visited here for restaurant week and I will moste certainly return again. The ingredients were fresh and the blend of flavors were spot on.Special Features:
- Elephant Walk Stomps Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2013I have eaten at "The Walk" 3 times now, and it never gets old. The dishes are varied, and since it was Restaurant Week in Boston, I could pick and choose from the Prix Fixe menu. The atmosphere is pleasant, and they're commitment to causes such as local non-profits is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funky vibe, 4 star pricespetleopardDined on 8/15/2013Service was lackluster. We waited 10 minutes for our server to show up after water was poured (grudgingly). Staff was aloof to the point of rudeness (although the hostesses were perky and friendly). Food was good but pricey.Special Features:
- UnbelievableMeghanDined on 8/11/2013I have been there twice so far. I have had two different main dishes with their 4 course special. Both times I was overwhelmed by the quality and taste of the food. I have already recommended it to numerous friends. Expect to go back in another couple weeks. The caramelized catfish is insane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I absolutely loved the AmokLandRDined on 8/10/2013I absolutely loved the Amok Royal and my husband liked the salmon dish too such that we used the rest of the bread from the bread basket to get to remaining bits. We're planning on returning for lunch someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cambodian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2013The food was very good. It did not have the very hot spices of Thailand but spicier than Vietnamese food. It was perfect for our taste and we thoroughly loved it. We will go back to this restaurant but only for special occasions. We found the prices to be a bit high for the location and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fixed price mealsGrumpDined on 8/9/2013My wife and I each ordered the fixed price specials she French and I Cambodian. Very good choices. Spring rolls with dipping sauce was good. Duck and chicked main courses were very goog. good service helpfull server. good recomendations on meal selection. Will go again. GrumpSpecial Features:
- WonderfulwifeofchristopherDined on 8/8/2013It was a great place to bring our numerous guests who come from a number of different countries. The menu selection and food we were served pleased all who were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed service..... No smiles.....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2013We had a reservation for 9 pm The waiter literally slammed our food on the table Could not wait for us to leave There ware still other diners, but their waitstaff were less hurried Ruined our evening