The Edgewater Grill
861 West Harbor Dr
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Edgewater Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.edgewatergrill.com/
- Phone: 6192327581
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 8:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Edgewater Grill
The Edgewater Grill is located in Seaport Village, on the San Diego Bay, with one of the finest waterfront views in San Diego. Spanning the length of the restaurant are outdoor patios where guests can enjoy an unobstructed view of Coronado Bridge and Coronado Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Edgewater Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (34)scenic view (31)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (11)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (8)romantic (8)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Work LunchRetiredButWorkingVIPDined on 7/29/2014Great Service, ice tea never got below 1/2 full. Pizza Flat Bread was very good. Quick service, much appreciated during limited lunch time. Views are always the best.Special Features:
- Did not honor reservationsbearrockVIPDined on 7/20/2014In spite of having reservations outdoors, I was told there would be a 20 minute wait and they sat us indoors. Very disappointing for my out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edgewater GrilleSandrajDined on 7/19/2014Nice ambiance; good service. Food not as good as it used to be. Hash mediocre. Coffee too expensive ( $4.00 cup) for a breakfast menu, regardless of the fact they're in Seaport Village! Would not go again.Special Features:
- Great view and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014The view and the food were very good. I had the scallops with brussel sprouts. Yum. They have a few gluten free options which appealed to me and I was not disappointed. The view next to the bay is great. The fries were fabulous.Special Features:
- ChrisDined on 7/18/2014Great service great food and handicap friendly. Good drinks too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I knew going in this was predominantly seafood and thought there would be a few choices without. Every item that was not seafood, came with seafood or contained mushrooms, which I am allergic to. I asked if I could order just a plain chicken breast and they were unable to accommodate me.Special Features:
- ExpensiveRomiDined on 6/28/2014Pretty expensive dining for something you can get during happy hour. We ordered ceviche, and clam chowder and two drinks. Came out to almost $60!? The service was great, but the menu lacked some oysters. Also didn't have much and was expensive. Great view outside but very noisy and lots of crowds walking by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food amazing, service can improveEsqRiveraDined on 6/21/2014Filet mignon was a perfect medium, just as I ordered. My friend's pork chops were divine. A lot of food. Won't leave hungry. One waiter was extremely nice (Sergio). The others not so much. I'd go back. Romantic atmosphere if you sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice views and food from SkippersRYZ2UVIPDined on 6/7/2014Four of us ate here for my birthday. Crab bruschetta was cold. Two small pieces of fish on the fish and chips and cold French fries. The runner brought out cups of soup even though bowls had been ordered. He took them back and it took an inordinate amount of time to return with the bowls. Interior decor is in major need of a remodel. Also the air vent over our table was crusted with filth and had not been cleaned in ages. It was a grimy mess. We would not return, just walking by the other restaurants at the Seaport, one can tell this is a lesser than. Having never been to the Seaport, we clearly should have read reviews ahead of time.
- Relaxing and NiceCMFleadershipDined on 6/4/2014We were in San Diego for a "work-ation" and took the family after all day meetings to the Edgewater Grill. It was middle of the week, earlier than most dinners, but very good. The service person was friendly, knew about items on the menu and made suggestions for dishes based on our questions.Special Features:
- Great timeMak1Dined on 5/26/2014Food was excellent, service was outstanding. Reservations are recommended due to the popularity of then restaurant.Special Features:
- Good valuex1xqVIPDined on 5/23/2014A good value for the money. Service was excellent, food was delicious and the surroundings were beautiful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Brought my wife for our anniversary dinner and she was very pleased. The atmosphere was wonderful and is nice being able to dine inside or outside. The food was fantastic. Everywhere we go my wife tries the clam chowder and this was by far her favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy camperOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Was seated immediately, served drinks within reasonal amount of time took order then. It was Mother's Day so it was busy. Good food with not too much food but just enough to be able to eat again later in the day. Beautiful view and kid friendly for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy disappointingLuv2eatDined on 5/10/2014Chose restaurant for outdoor dining. Group too large to accommodate outside. Food mediocre Prom night so lots of kids around. ISpecial Features:
- what a gem!jonezooDined on 5/2/2014I needed a place open for breakfast, on the waterfront with views. After some online research, I found Edgewater Grill. After some difficulty finding it (you could do better there...) and figuring out the parking situation (I needed to ask numerous strangers where you were and where to park...which is probably not ideal for a restaurant), I arrived, 20 minutes late. BUT--- from that point on....our meal was SUPERB! Wonderful service, with lots of smiles, incredible outdoor seating-- the it felt like we could touch the water, gorgeous views of Coronado, blooming window boxes separating us from the water and sidewalk, fantastic tasty food ( large portions, too). Both of us were raving, and making plans to bring our reunion group here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeateDined on 4/26/2014We went for brunch and the food was excellent. Nice location and easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for group of kids and adultsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/25/2014We had a large party of kids and adults. We found the staff very accommodating, especially since we had to increase the number. Overall the food was good, and the staff was attentive. Of course, the views of the bay were outstanding. Perfect way to get together with friends we see only once a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be in a hurryFood4usDined on 4/18/2014Great food but food took forever to come out and we have kids. We waited for our food for over an hour :/ and the restaurant was not busy! So if you have the time to wait,wait and wait! food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterPdogDined on 4/16/2014Outdoor dining along the boardwalk and water was exciting until it was time to eat. The sea bass which came highly recommended was less than desirable and the ribeye was worse here than at the Cheesecake Factory at double the price. All told the waterside setting is great but the food is sub par. Go for a drink and enjoy the view then head elsewhere for dinner.Special Features:
- Reunion with FamilyFreshIsBestDined on 4/13/2014We came on my recommendation, but for lunch, not dinner. It's not as nice as it used to be, which is a shame. We were a group of nine, boisterous Italians. We love to eat, laugh and drink. Our waitress tried separating us into two tables, but we'd have none of it and fit everyone comfortably in the half booth/half table given to us at the very west side of the restaurant, much to her chagrin. I give her credit for getting over it quickly and continuing on with good service. I had the watermelon salad, which was so-so. It wasn't what I REALLY wanted, but it sounded refreshing. However, I don't like goat cheese and I should have substituted. My husband had the Croque Madame, which he loved. The rest of the table was split 50/50. Drinks - Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view...bland foodJW16Dined on 4/6/2014If it wasn't for the view, this would have been a bad experience. My wife and I had the Sea Bass and the Seafood pappardelle and neither was worth recommending to anyone. The pasta was bland and the sea bass was dry with not much flavor. The waiter (who was attentive) referenced the sea bass as not being fishy with a nice flavor....the problem was it had no flavor and was dry. Really disapppointed in the meal, luckily the views helped the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 69 reviews are from the The Edgewater Grill reviews archive.
- tasty food!!JoseDined on 3/30/2014great, tasty and fast food service, will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Requested outdoor seating...??Ru2bsiDined on 3/16/2014Is highly recommended. Though making a reservation is not. Seems -- We do realize that requesting and getting are two different things. We, made reservations and showed up 10 minutes prior to reservation. We waited an addional 30 minutes for outdoor seating. Extremely disappointed that not only was my reservation or request not taken seriously, mere fact is that most guests are walk ins.Special Features:
- GoodWhatsupchuckDined on 3/15/2014Everything was good except the butchers block one of the meals they have I found to be a little tasteless but everything else was goodSpecial Features:
- Never DisappointsSanDiegoLocalDined on 3/2/2014I'm a local who really enjoys Seaport Village. I love Edgewater Grill & I'll typically take visitors there... But I also go there outside of that. The huge patio has amazing views, but the place is set up so you can also see the views from all the tables inside! It was raining on Sunday, but we still got to see the bay and all the people walking down the boardwalk. The chef's special is never to be missed! They really take the time to come up with new things for the menu and I'm always excited to see what's new. Kristi was our server and she was great! She was super patient with us, on top of everything, and made sure to recognize my cousin's birthdays :) I highly recommend it for both visitors AND locals!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite places to goCindyDined on 2/28/2014Just love coming here. People are really nice and happy. I love that they make a lot of their sauces, foods, infused alcohols on site. The food is great. They now have taco Tuesday in the bar with great handmade taco creations and cocktails, check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best time ever!CindyDined on 2/22/20146 of us went in on 2-22 for lunch. We were greeted happily and sat quickly looking at the gorgeous view! We had been there earlier in the week and fell in love with the people, food , cocktails, ambiance. The restaurant has been there for a long time. I love the "old school" vibe of this restaurant. What is so great is that the food is really really good! AND the cocktails are fabulous! They infuse their own tequilas , vodkas etc with great and delicious combos. We had the Mission Beach which has mango/Serrano chili infused tequila IT IS DELICIOUS! The service is outstanding. Happy, courteous, on top of everything you need servers. The food is really really good! We had delicious grilled fish tacos, civeche, and more! Hurry in don't wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with an extraordinaryblesetDined on 2/22/2014Great food with an extraordinary view of the bay. When making reservations stipulate you want to sit outside. Tables fill up quicklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's SpectacularcasualdinerDined on 2/14/2014Went for the Valentine's Day couple's special. It was a 5-course meal with bottomless champagne. We had a meat and cheese plate, a salad with pear and Brie, diver's scallops in a fantastic white sauce with crumbled bacon, then pork belly and an aged filet mignon. They both melted in your mouth, and the filet rivaled that of many of the steakhouses. For dessert we had a piece of devil's chocolate cake and raspberry cheesecake. We sat in their outdoor patio by a heat torch. We were entirely comfortable, the tables are only 1-deep, so we had pretty decent privacy, and best of all, a close, open view of the harbor and Coronado. I cannot speak highly enough of the venue and the high quality and fantastic flavor profiles of each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The service was lackadaisical, the taste of my food was good, and the ambiance of the restaurant was relaxed.
- Great Date NightMattDined on 2/11/2014My girlfriend and I came here to celebrate Valentines Day and it was fantastic! The food was prepared exactly the way we wanted it, they served a variety of drinks (especially beers) that are local and imported, and the service was awesome. We didn't feel rushed. They wanted us to enjoy our time at table with each other. Super friendly and humble to serve you like a restaurant should be. The view is also beautiful and sitting outside is very peaceful, they even had heaters for sitting outside. One of my favorite meals! (I had the filet mignon - medium rare. She had the pork chop with onions and banana on top. Both dishes were great, though somewhat pricey, but well worth it. Spent around $100)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast spotGlasslampfoodDined on 2/8/2014Get the chef breakfast selection is different every time,Special Features:
- Edgewater Grill San DiegomeyockslvDined on 2/4/2014Close to Downtown San Diego, on the water. Parking is close by and comped. In a cool little shopping area with quaint shops and a carousel nearby.Special Features:
- Fun place...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/20/2014The location of this restaurant is unsurpassed and the prices are not that much higher for the view while you are dining. We had a great server and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful LocationJlp1114Dined on 1/11/2014This restaurant could not be in a better location. Right in the heart of Sea Port Village on the water. There are beautiful views from just about every table! The menu is very diverse and has something for everyone, vegetarians, gluten free, carnivores...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good fishlhalelrDined on 12/31/2013The fish and food in general was very good. presentation was good as well. we booked this last minute for New Year's Eve for dinner, but upon arrival we saw that there was no need for a reservation because the place was not busy at all. only a few diners. it is somewhat out-of-the way, tucked away in the Seaport Village. The view is wonderful, the food is good but the ambiance/décor was dated. Also, we had even better seafood at another place for about $30 less, so I feel the food was overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahLinseymillVIPDined on 12/29/2013Menu and preparation were below average. Nice view and friendly staff but the food was below par. Overcooked calamari and fish tacos were served with french fries that were not very fresh. Best to stick to ordering the flatbread and salads at this restaurant.Special Features:
- ReviewIlovefoodDined on 12/25/2013The food was delicious, let's start with that. Everyone was quite happy with what they had ordered. The problem was that we had a reservation and were seated almost an hour after our reservation. Understandably it was Christmas morning and they were busy but that was the whole point of making a reservation, was so we wouldn't have to wait for an hour to be seated. Once seated it took almost 15 minutes for someone to bring us menus and water. Obviously it was a busy day and I wasn't sure if this was how the restaurant always performed.Special Features:
- Hosted a small company gatehringBugsyDined on 12/5/2013Hosted a small company gatehring and the staff was wonderful and accomodated our every need. Foos was good and the view outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.