The Edgewater Grill
861 West Harbor Dr
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Edgewater Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.edgewatergrill.com/
- Phone: (619) 232-7581
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 8:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Edgewater Grill
The Edgewater Grill is located in Seaport Village, on the San Diego Bay, with one of the finest waterfront views in San Diego. Spanning the length of the restaurant are outdoor patios where guests can enjoy an unobstructed view of Coronado Bridge and Coronado Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Edgewater Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (23)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (11)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great food with an extraordinaryblesetDined on 2/22/2014Great food with an extraordinary view of the bay. When making reservations stipulate you want to sit outside. Tables fill up quicklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's SpectacularcasualdinerDined on 2/14/2014Went for the Valentine's Day couple's special. It was a 5-course meal with bottomless champagne. We had a meat and cheese plate, a salad with pear and Brie, diver's scallops in a fantastic white sauce with crumbled bacon, then pork belly and an aged filet mignon. They both melted in your mouth, and the filet rivaled that of many of the steakhouses. For dessert we had a piece of devil's chocolate cake and raspberry cheesecake. We sat in their outdoor patio by a heat torch. We were entirely comfortable, the tables are only 1-deep, so we had pretty decent privacy, and best of all, a close, open view of the harbor and Coronado. I cannot speak highly enough of the venue and the high quality and fantastic flavor profiles of each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The service was lackadaisical, the taste of my food was good, and the ambiance of the restaurant was relaxed.
- Great Date NightMattDined on 2/11/2014My girlfriend and I came here to celebrate Valentines Day and it was fantastic! The food was prepared exactly the way we wanted it, they served a variety of drinks (especially beers) that are local and imported, and the service was awesome. We didn't feel rushed. They wanted us to enjoy our time at table with each other. Super friendly and humble to serve you like a restaurant should be. The view is also beautiful and sitting outside is very peaceful, they even had heaters for sitting outside. One of my favorite meals! (I had the filet mignon - medium rare. She had the pork chop with onions and banana on top. Both dishes were great, though somewhat pricey, but well worth it. Spent around $100)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast spotGlasslampfoodDined on 2/8/2014Get the chef breakfast selection is different every time,Special Features:
- Edgewater Grill San DiegomeyockslvDined on 2/4/2014Close to Downtown San Diego, on the water. Parking is close by and comped. In a cool little shopping area with quaint shops and a carousel nearby.Special Features:
- Fun place...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/20/2014The location of this restaurant is unsurpassed and the prices are not that much higher for the view while you are dining. We had a great server and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful LocationJlp1114Dined on 1/11/2014This restaurant could not be in a better location. Right in the heart of Sea Port Village on the water. There are beautiful views from just about every table! The menu is very diverse and has something for everyone, vegetarians, gluten free, carnivores...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good fishlhalelrDined on 12/31/2013The fish and food in general was very good. presentation was good as well. we booked this last minute for New Year's Eve for dinner, but upon arrival we saw that there was no need for a reservation because the place was not busy at all. only a few diners. it is somewhat out-of-the way, tucked away in the Seaport Village. The view is wonderful, the food is good but the ambiance/décor was dated. Also, we had even better seafood at another place for about $30 less, so I feel the food was overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahLinseymillVIPDined on 12/29/2013Menu and preparation were below average. Nice view and friendly staff but the food was below par. Overcooked calamari and fish tacos were served with french fries that were not very fresh. Best to stick to ordering the flatbread and salads at this restaurant.Special Features:
- ReviewIlovefoodVIPDined on 12/25/2013The food was delicious, let's start with that. Everyone was quite happy with what they had ordered. The problem was that we had a reservation and were seated almost an hour after our reservation. Understandably it was Christmas morning and they were busy but that was the whole point of making a reservation, was so we wouldn't have to wait for an hour to be seated. Once seated it took almost 15 minutes for someone to bring us menus and water. Obviously it was a busy day and I wasn't sure if this was how the restaurant always performed.Special Features:
- Hosted a small company gatehringBugsyDined on 12/5/2013Hosted a small company gatehring and the staff was wonderful and accomodated our every need. Foos was good and the view outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place along the waterEikoocDined on 11/29/2013We ate dinner and a the following day breakfast at the restaurant. The food was very good (the pizza did come out burnt for one of my guests) and tasty. I really have no complaints and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast sitting outside with a beautiful view of the marina. I would have liked the food to be served hotter---only complaint. But it's a lovely place in Seaport Village for a relaxing meal. The prices are within the expected range for a resort area but not over the top. Definitely go if you can.Special Features:
- Great Place for GroupsHeisenbergDined on 11/17/2013We had 12 here for a double bday celebration. Food was excellent, I had the corned beef hash, service was great, and the scenery was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to visitmotohiroDined on 10/31/2013We had a party and really enjoyed the foods and drink with my kids!Special Features:
- Memorable MealDaveDined on 10/22/2013Had lunch on the patio. Perfect day, great meal and excellent service. Would go back next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Great food, great viewPhilDined on 10/19/2013Awesome swordfish. Awesome view. Would've gotten a 5 if it wasn't so pricey. I guess that's just downtown pricing for ya though.Special Features:
- Tasty Eats & Great ViewMareDined on 10/4/2013Nice selection of beer and wine. We so enjoyed the view and the delish Chowder and Tomato Basil Soup! Great place to park it after a long week!!! It is central at Seaport Village so great place to dine then cruise around Seaport and the boardwalk. One of the best locations in San Diego!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experiece (good)!Keith222Dined on 9/27/2013Amazing food, wonderful sunset view, and good service. The salmon and filet mignon were perfection indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a restaurant week favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/20133 of the 9 items on the restaurant week menu they were out of and didn't inform us until after we had ordered. They forgot our appetizers so we received our entrees a minute after receiving our apps. Then had to wait 30 minutes for desserts. Seemed as though they were understaffed and never saw a manager. This was the worst restaurant week experience we have had and will not return. If we would have known half the menu was 86'd up front we wouldn't have eaten there.Special Features:
- Awesome breakfast!!BirthdaygirlDined on 9/14/2013We had out of town guest that we brought here, they gave us the outdoor seating we requested for, view was great, food was awesome!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at The Edgewater Grill. The wait staff was courteous. friendly and attentive. My husband, who is generally a picky eater, said his entree was delicious as were the fish tacos and tomato basil soup. The cost is on the high end, but that was expected on the water in a tourist area. Because we were staying within walking distance we did not have to pay for parking as other reviewers have commented parking can get pricey. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone going to Seaport Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast with out-of-town familyMarinaGirlDined on 9/1/2013We live in the Marina District - recently moved downtown (from AZ). Spur of the moment chance to have Sunday breakfast with friends/family staying at the Hilton Bayfront -& they wanted to walk to a nearby restaurant. We chose Edgewater Grill for location and previous good dining experience. I made reservations a day early since there were 8 of us. The only disappointment was there was no outdoor dining available for 8 people, so we sat indoors. Given the heat and humidity, that turned out to be a plus! We'd definitely return with and without guests! Great food by the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentNancyDined on 8/31/2013The only thing good about the restaurant was the view and our server. The food was expensive which would have been fine if it had been good but it was not. The food was tastless and the fish was over cooked and the scallops were mushy. Would not reccomend this restuarant to anyone.Special Features:
- Location Location LocationKittyDogGirlDined on 8/21/2013Great view on the water, really good food with a good variety of cuisine. Unlike a lot of other places on the water that only offer fish, Edgewater Grill has a little something for everyone. Definitely make a reservation and call ahead to check on outdoor dining, it's the only way to go here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting in Seaport VillageKarenDined on 8/20/2013I give the restaurant "Quiet" because we were lucky enough to score a table outside on the water. I suspect that dining indoors would be a lot noisier. There are very few outdoor tables, and we got the last one at 6:00 (and it was much smaller than the other tables on the deck). We both liked our food (hamburger and filet pizza). My friend asked for a "rare and juicy" burger, and of course you can't really get rare anymore, but she said it was definitely juicy. My individual-sized pizza (probably about 10 inches) was very interesting: cheese, pieces of filet mignon, and slices of potato. The meat was a bit overcooked but the dish was tasty. Seaport Village is a great place to eat, and we even rode the carousel after dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, ok food, poor serviceChintanDined on 8/18/2013The review title sums it all. The fish and chips I ordered seemed to be refried. Service was a joke. The view though was great. So if you want a beer or a wine its a great place. Else avoid!Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantEnjoyDined on 8/9/2013We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time at your restaurant. The food was fantastic and the service was phenomenal. The outdoor views were spectacular! This was our first time at Edgewater Grill and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend this restaurantokp67Dined on 7/24/2013The service was exceptionally slow. We ordered 2 bottles of wine and water. It took 27 minutes for us to get the wine. The order was incorrect. The food was mediocre at best, the absolute worst fish tacos I had during my entire stay in California. Our server never returned to ask how our dinner was or if we would like any other drinks. Dinner and App order were placed together so we didn't enjoy appetizers before our dinner came. Then it was almost 45 minutes from the time our meals arrived until we saw our server again, and it was only after people were getting up and leaving our table, when he finally brought the check. Overpriced food and horrible service. Try ANY other restaurant in this touristy area before dining here.
- Not bad...not great... just eh.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2013The outside patio overlooking SD Bay across to Coronado is lovely. Wait staff was friendly -- but I needed to ask for the specials of the day. Service a bit slow. The food was just eh. Had the fish tacos, shrimp cobb salad and mushroom ravioli. If you're going to spurge and have dessert, avoid the creme brulee -- tasted like tapioca. If you're in Seaport Village and want a lovely view and are ok with ok food, this is the place. I wish we'd gone across the bridge to Ilfornaio. Next time.Special Features:
- Good for Outdoor Dining in SeasonDixonHillVIPDined on 7/13/2013My companion and I had a thoroughly enjoyable and memorable meal here. We had cocktails, a good chardonnay, scallop ceviche, seafood pappardelle, and a fried seafood platter -- all plentiful and fresh. Good thing it was a short stroll along the waterfront back to our hotel! I wouldn't call the food or service cutting-edge, or even fine dining, but it was very nice. This restaurant's main attraction is its location, so be sure and reserve early, and insist on outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont do itTheBest3Dined on 7/12/2013Average to worse in every category. Even the view. If u are unlucky to be seated inside....horrible experience
- View of the OceanSouthwestDesertDinerDined on 7/10/2013View of the ocean is just wonderful. Food is fair. Pizza was terrible other food was just fair. For the price, food should be better quality. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- My food at home tastes betterKitkatDined on 7/3/2013If you want to go to a place for just the view this is the place to go. Yes, you can see the water, but you will pay a pretty penny for food that is less than okay. I ordered the filet mignon which normally would melt in your mouth at a place like this. But it was horrible. I asked the others in our group how their food tasted and they had the same comment....they were not impressed. I wish I could give this place a good review because our server was so nice, but I cannot.
- good food, slow serviceMilesEDined on 6/30/2013Had dinner with my family on a Sunday evening. The food was good, especially the blue crab hushpuppies, but service was poor and the restaurant wasn't even full. We waited We were seated right away, which was good, but after ordering the appetizer and dinner, we waited 30 minutes to receive our appetizer then received our dinner 5 minutes later. The food was good, but I don't think we'll be back for dinner anytime soon. We've been here two other times for breakfast and service was fine, so i'm not sure what was going on with the dinner service.Special Features:
- Great service, view and atmosphere!solodiningVIPDined on 6/6/2013Great service, view and atmosphere!! Food...meh.. This establishment has location, location, location! The staff was very accommodating. Just the food was very so-so. Our appetizer was a bit greasy. The fish entrees didn't have that "fresh from the sea" flavor that one would expect from a seaside restaurant. The fish on both seafood entrees we ordered was overcooked. It was disappointing since the service was great as was the view and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Don't Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2013The view is great, but many San Diego restaurants have great views. The food was just okay...the service was terrible. I read other reviews and should have listened, but I thought they were just overly demanding customers. We demanded nothing and got nothing. No water refills, no salad that was ordered until we asked 3 times and then it came when everyone had finished dinner. No offer to comp the salad either. It felt like we were a burden to be endured, not a paying customer. We'll never go back and recommend that you don't go either. They are a very poor representation of San Diego hospitality and we were embarrassed that we brought international travelers to this place.Special Features:
- Fabulous Find!!!MommaMariaDined on 5/25/2013Can't beat the view and ambience of this fabulous find just minutes from the USS Midway. Servers and Food are great while you take in the spectacular views of the Coronado Bridge and sailboating along Mission Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful View and Fast ServiceDrEstrellaVIPDined on 5/19/2013We decided to hit downtown/gaslamp for breakfast. I made a reservation via OpenTable for 10:15. WE arrived on time and they seated us outside overlooking the bay. It really was very pretty. It was a great day. Our waitress as attentive and the food came out very fast. The breakfast was standard breakfast fare so no surprises either good or bad. So...good service + good food + spectacular view = great review!Special Features:
- I was surprised that theykiraesqDined on 5/13/2013I was surprised that they closed at 9:00 p.m. on Monday night. We had reservations for 7:30, with part of our party joining us at 8:30. Even though I told them this on the phone, they did not mention that they closed at 9:00, so we were sort of rushed out of there. Wish they had mentioned it, as we would have gone somewhere else.Special Features: