The Edge Restaurant and Lounge
28544 Old Town Front St.
Temecula, CA 92590Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Edge Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.edgerestaurantandlounge.com/
- Phone: 9515063343x
- Hours of Operation:
Quick Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Edge Restaurant & Lounge can cater to a multiple array of events and private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Simon Curtis 951-506-3343x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment including an eclectic mix of Southern California artists.
A word from The Edge Restaurant and Lounge
The Edge Restaurant & Lounge is an upscale establishment that sets the ambiance where guests can relax while noshing on farm-to-table fare, and take in the unparalleled unique decor. We are a casual fine dining restaurant- from denim to diamonds, we welcome you to visit, enjoy a relaxed and sumptuous atmosphere, listen to our varied selection of live music and explore our new menu, hand-crafted cocktails and eclectic draft beer selection. We're waiting for you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Edge Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Temecula ›
The Edge Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- My experJun2hDined on 8/20/2014Food not representative of the web. Poor menu to pick from. Very disappointing experience Web page out of dTe
- Beautiful InteriorCherylDined on 7/5/2014The Edge was a great find. The interior looks nothing like the outside of the building - outside is an older, staid Temecula building, and inside is a modern, well decorated restaurant. Service is wonderful, and our dinners were very good.Special Features:
- Really really nicebecominghousetrainedDined on 7/3/2014Everything was just wonderful. The food, service, location, and the ambiance. We had a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed unfortunatelyconferencegoerDined on 6/29/2014Food items from online menu were non-existent. No poached lobster, no foie gras, no deconstructed French onion soup, no onion petals or lamb chops, no Ahi cigars, no Cuban Christo or scotch eggs, should I go on? Vegetable Wellington was a plate of vegetables with a big flat pancake on top. We returned it. No bus help,no hostess, no service. Great-looking place from the outside really pretty decor on the inside, bartender makes a mean drink and from what we hear they have a great bar scene after 9 o'clock. Unfortunately we were there for a birthday celebration - all grown ups. Go for a drink and go to the restaurant behind The Edge for dinner.Special Features:
- Decor over foodDiningoutDined on 6/18/2014Very nice inside and the bar is interesting. Service was great. However, the food was pretty basic. Had the salmon over a shaped white rice cake with a few strips of veggies. Average is a kind comment. We all could make the same thing easily at home and thats not what we were looking for on a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyablersp72Dined on 5/31/2014We ate at 6:30 on a Saturday night and were one of only about 4 or 5 tables that were occupied. So, the service was exceptional and the ambiance quiet. Walked past a bit later in the evening and it looked much busier. The food was exceptional. In fact, the chefs even catered to our desire to make Beef Wellington instead of the Vegetable Wellington that was on the menu - and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Great StaffFriendlypeople2Dined on 5/9/2014All Staff were very nice and friendly. Great customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedhotttiesDined on 5/2/2014Waiter was not educated, food was good, no wine list. Very deceiving. Night club or restaurant? PickPick one.
- great experience../ food..OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/1/2014great experience../ food.. except the hostess cancelled our OPEN TABLE reservation by mistake 1Special Features:
- something old, something newafricanqueenDined on 2/7/2014We went for dinner and dancing on a Friday night. The food was excellent. Blackened shrimp salad and prime rib, then dessert. All very good and very romantic dining in semi private booths. DJ kicked off about 9:30 with typical dance mixes. The early dance crowd was more of a mature happy hour type, by eleven or so the crowd started getting a lot younger. Time for us 40 somethings to pack it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experience!yucmarDined on 11/23/2013We arrived and the hostess seemed almost surprised about the reservation. Then, she seats us and we waited a full 10 minutes while waiters and staff passed our table without a glance. We did not get water, bread, even a smile or acknowledgement that entire time. Appalling experience! Way over rated and ridiculous attitude!
- One of Temecula's bestManhattanbeach18thDined on 11/14/2013The server was amazing, the owners were gracious. The food was spectacular. We had Osso Bucco and the pork chop with a bowl of the lobster bisque and a great side salad. You have to go for yourself to really appreciate it. They make a great vodka tonic and as I said we had been there several years ago and I always knew we would go back when we were in town .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was wonderfullyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2013Our waitress was wonderfully attentive and the wine list was great! The steak salad was truly exceptional. Far and away the best steak ever used on a salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not returnmillieDined on 9/12/2013The food left much to be desired. The chicken was extremely over cooked. It was 6 p.m. and they had only one waitress on duty. Did not offer any bread. When asked about dessert, they only had one because the chef was still working on the other desserts. Definitely would not return.
- Menu completely differentPooperstilskenDined on 6/24/2013Menu completely different then what is posted online. New menu looks like xerox copies. Restaurant was completely empty and we were sat at the one table that had the sun glaring on it. Server couldn't move us or the drapes. After waiting ten minutes for our waitress, we got up and left without seeing one employee. If you want good food or service go to the gambling cowboy across the street or to public house the next block over. Clearly this place is in the middle of a transfer of ownership or a free fall into bankruptcy.
- We enjoyed our dinner at Edge.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2013We enjoyed our dinner at Edge. We were greeted warmly when we came through the door, seated with dispatch, served great food by one of the best waiters we have ever had anywhere. We live several hours from Temecula and have talked about returning just to go to this restaurant. Our server, Steven, was top-notch.Special Features:
- Romantic treasure in Old TownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013The ambiance was delightful. Our waiter, Kaile, was very attentive to all our needs and answered all our questions. For starters we ordered Viognier (South Coast) which went well with the sea bass and shrimp dinners we ordered, which were very tasteful and well prepared. Kaile was even helpful by turning off the high intensity light above our table to give the lighting a more romantic glow. We sat in a booth (recommend vs. table & chair seating) which was very comfortable for the entire 1 1/2 hrs. Kaile was also great enough to take a picture of us before we left. The only complaint (negative) was the karaoke in the other far room and laughter from the boisterous bar patrons.Special Features:
- Food selections and qualityENapierHendersonNVDined on 2/17/2013Food selections and quality for a Sunday brunch leaves much to be desired. Service however was AWESOME.
- Our waitress was nice, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Our waitress was nice, but we only got to see her twice, To order our food and to pay our bill. the food was ok not great. Nice if you want to have a romantic dinner or a drink at the lounge with friends.Special Features:
- The food is good, not great,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/26/2013The food is good, not great, a little pricey, but all in all a nice place to eat. I would go back. One thing they seem to be balancing is one side of The Edge is a nice restaurant and the other side is a borderline night club. Tricky to balance the two as I think a nice restaurant has to stand for something and the nightclub seems almost out of place in here. Just my opinion, but the 6 bouncers outside of a fine dining restaurant seems odd at best.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OfishonadoDined on 1/18/2013Waiter clueless, wine list non existent, potatoes cold, soup oversalted, wait for food - endless. But otherwise a great place.
- The Edge is a restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/5/2013The Edge is a restaurant with good ambiance. The service was slow to bring menus and offer drinks whike waiting for our first to arrive. I ordered an old fashion drink and my husband ordered a White Chocolate martini; I received my drink order which essore like wayered down bourbon; my husband had to change his order because the bar was not stocked to accommodate his order, so he ordered a Kettle One tonic. The Kettle One tonic was more like house vodka woth lots of tonic. fThe food was not tasty as my well done NY strip steak was dry and well over done. The dessert crème brûlée I had was nothing more than condensed milk with the typical hard carmelized sugar topping. This place is over priced for what it offers.
- Attractive restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012Attractive restaurant with nice live music. Best french onion soup I have ever had! Happy hour is a good deal too.Special Features:
- Overall, our experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2012Overall, our experience was very disappointing. There was no wine list, and the server didn't seem to know what wine selections were available. The smoked salmon appetizer was decent, but the rest of our food selections were mediocre at best. The shrimp and lobster thermidor was supposed to be served with garlic mashed potatoes, but it appeared with a side of cold rice instead. The seafood was served in a nondescript sauce, and the presentation was perfunctory. The rest of our entrees and desserts were equally uninspired. The noise from the bar was distracting, and the servers seemed quite inexperienced, although they were friendly enough. Those looking for fine dining in Temecula have much better restaurants to choose from.
- WonderfulFriendlyVIPDined on 12/15/2012Fabulous Food. Wonderful Presentation. Large Glasses of Wine. Fabulous Decor.
- Loved the look of the lounge,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012Loved the look of the lounge, everything was beautiful, even the floor.Took my mother for her birthday,she told several of her friends how nice it was. Our waitress was beautiful and helpful with the wine selection. Can't wait to go back with a friend, and try ordering from the happy hour menu.Special Features:
- Had a very nice experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012Had a very nice experience! I was allowed to tweek a dish a little and the chef did a great job doing so. We met family members from out of state during the week so it was very quiet.Special Features:
- The food was hit or miss-theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2012The food was hit or miss-the lobster bisque was so salty as to burn the tongue (I LOVE lobster bisque & this was the worst I have ever had & some of the most expensive at $12), but the beef wellington was wonderful and cooked perfectly. They mixed up menus, my husband and I did not have the same menu, turns out his was wrong and he could not order what he had already decided he wanted. The desserts listed on the menu were not what they had available. Like other reviewers, I am confused as to what type of establishment they want to be-fine dining or a bar scene. The loud music was distracting while we tried to have a romantic dinner. They had the door open in the bar and it was cold back in the eating area. Now we know & won't return.
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012I enjoyed the entire night. I was seated immediately and my server was more then helpful with helping answer any and all questions we had. He seemed to bend over backwards to make sure we had a great night. Although there was a busy bar scene at the night went on it didn't interfere with the people that were dining. I would defiantly eat here again.Special Features:
- Absolute Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012Had a wonderful time at the Edge. Got there early just as they were opening and the staff couldn't have been nicer or more fun. The chef was fantastic and I only wished I'd tried more then soup and salad. I'll go back for dinner one night and taste some of his other creations. I recommend this restaurant highly for anyone who wants a place with great atmosphere and great food!Special Features:
- This restaurant needs to decideeieiDined on 10/1/2012This restaurant needs to decide if it is a white tablecoth upscale restaurant, or a bar and nightclub with live bands so loud you can't hear the person next to you.
- Absolutely amazing...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012The food was amazing. We received outstanding customer service. Everyone was great from the moment we step in the door. Our booth was private and romantic. I had the chilean sea bass and my husband the steak Dyane. Both were so delicate and so delicious. We had a 45 year old bottle of wine and the owner personally opened it for us and then cooked our appetizer tableside. It was a perfect evening and a truly exceptional experience for us.Special Features:
- I had heard so many good thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/22/2012I had heard so many good things about this restaurant and was expecting to be "wowed." I guess they are redoing all their menus. The entrees were overly salted and seasoned for everyone in our party. There was no cocktail menu available during our visit because of the changes. Comfortable and decorated beautifully. I would return to try the drinks and appetizers, but would skip the dining room.Special Features:
- A little more "bono" please...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2012A misrepresentation from information on their website. No small plate menu as stated and upon which we made the decision to patronize The Edge. Inept wait staff and a "chef" character intrusively inquiring "how did you enjoy your experience?" I'm sure that instinct caused him to avoid my gaze as we exited, disappointed in The Edge overall.
- Gluten free BEWARE!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2012The big issue I had with this restaurant is that on our reservation I disclosed that I was gluten free and then told both the waitress and the chef and he still served me orzo (which is gluten pasta). I was extremely upset and could have had a very bad dietry reaction.
- Great place. Last minuteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2012Great place. Last minute trip with a last minute dinner. Great FindSpecial Features:
- Nice, but not attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012What I didn't like is they did not have the reservation ready when we arrived, which is not cool when you are on a special date! The food was great. The place looks wonderful!
- Extremely disappointed! SoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012Extremely disappointed! So overpriced it is ridiculous! My wife's food (scallops and prawns) was so bland and lacking flavor it tasted like rubber, I had the T-bone steak and it was probably the worst cut I have ever had a resturant. $30.00 to $35.00 for an entree that quite frankly was not ant better than eating a Norms! it wasa really sad way to celebrate our 30th wedding aniversary!
- Thw wine was very good! HoweverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Thw wine was very good! However the food not so good. They do have a great sitting area for entertaining!Special Features:
- The foos was good. the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012The foos was good. the service was better. The prices were a bit over the tope for what you recieved. But over all it was ok.Special Features: