The Edge Restaurant and Bar - Snowmass
690 Carriage Way
Snowmass, CO 81615Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Edge Restaurant and Bar - Snowmass
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theedgesnowmass.com/
- Phone: 9709234004
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
7 days a week
7:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Mazzio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Catering available for private parties, weddings, reunions. 10 - 200 people. Call us for details and affordable pricing!
- Private Party Facilities: We have a small room to accommodate up to 24 people we can close off for private parties. At certain times of the year, we would close the entire restaurant for a private party.
- Private Party Contact: Manager: Tom Lee 9709234004
A word from The Edge Restaurant and Bar - Snowmass
Serving global mountain fare with a creative touch! Fresh fish, chicken, beef, pasta, burgers, soup, salads and scrumptious desserts. Affordable dining at its best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Edge Restaurant and Bar - Snowmass reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (4)romantic (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good service, questionable fooddiserDined on 9/27/2014Service was great, appetizers and salads were awesome. Second course was sub-par, most likely because of our out-of-season visit (end of September) - steak came in overcooked, conchiglie was missing roasted chicken completely. Menu on the web-site does not reflect summer choices (50% less comparing to a winter).
- Mountain GemelmoVIPDined on 8/3/2014The Edge is chef James Mazzio's current outpost and has remarkable food with great complexity and a strong respect for the integrity of the ingredients he uses. Killer Salmon crudo, buffulo Moz with white balsamic granita and crispy hummus as starters, unbelievable petite tender with a demi TDF, beet ravioli with avalanche goat cheese and a crispy chicken with morel mushroom risotto as mains all were phenominal. Kudos!Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerEasterSadDined on 7/28/2014Great food and service Food was good and chef was flexible in making small changes Adding shrimp to rigatoni with increased price. Server was extremely helpful and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snowmass DiningJAM1VIPDined on 7/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner this July. We also had a great experience last February. Perfect for Timerbline guests or anyone in Snowmass. They have redone this restaurant and it has greatly improved. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Just as good as getsMowtrcykelGuideKingDined on 7/18/2014The food is so good that we took an overnight trip just to have dinner here!, really is that good. We were not disappointed, Eggplant is out of this world!. the mussels for appetizer, you just can't get any better.Special Features:
- a gem gourmet findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014we just happened upon the restaurant which is off the path but was SO good, creative gourmet and delicious dishesSpecial Features:
- The following 31 reviews are from the The Edge Restaurant and Bar - Snowmass reviews archive.
- What a gembirthdayboyDined on 4/11/2014Our dinner was fabulous. The food was awesome and the service was very good. We all loved our dinners, soups and salads. Thank you to the crew at The Edge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal. The only negativedleeVIPDined on 3/31/2014Excellent meal. The only negative was the service, which was OK, but not great. One of the people in our party (a party of 5) arrived early and bought a bottle of wine at the bar while he waited. He brought the wine to the table and shared, which clearly annoyed the waiter (no expensive bottle on the dinner tab for a bigger tip for him...). As a result, he reluctantly brought glasses for the rest of us, and then did not even offer to pour the wine. The food really was exceptional, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningmarkeyDined on 3/30/2014Beautiful evening with wonderful friends. The restaurant has continued to excel at quality and service. This community gem is now becoming one of my most favorite restaurants in Snowmass Village, and high on my recommendation lists for our out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS3N1GODDined on 3/18/2014Absolutely delicious!! The carpaccio appetizer and caprese appetizer were amazing!! The food was excellent!! The service was very friendly & welcoming! They even offer gluten-free pasta!! We will definitely eat here again next time we are in Snowmass!!! Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken skewer was raw on insideSLdinersVIPDined on 3/9/2014Although my husband didn't eat that appetizer, hr had another chicken dish as an entree and was up all night feeling very badly.
- Wonderful Evening! Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2014Our first visit to The Edge. The food was perfect. The service was great even though they were really busy. Our waiter was initially tied up with another party, so they pulled Billy from somewhere and immediately got our drink and appetizer order going. Everyone loved their meals and the appetizers were incredible too. We will definitely be back! The service was great, very attentive and the food arrived promptly.Special Features:
- Good menu light and full optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Make reservations as it gets busy. We had a great meal but if booking ask for the main area of the restaurant as we were tucked around a corner which was a shame as the main area has more atmosphere. However service was good and wide choice of food from tapas to full 3 courses. Worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited for pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014After a day of ski we asked that our child's pasta be prepared and served ASAP. We received our appetizers and main meal , then 5 minutes later plain fettuccine pasta in a bowl arrived. Staff was friendly but not very swift.
- Nice evening out on the slopesRobertDined on 2/3/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place . It felt like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The lobster bisque was amazing and the petite tender was very tasty and tender. Service was well-timed and friendly.. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alternative to expensive aspenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014Food so fresh and innovative Prices reasonable Ambience lacking character Close to snowmass village Risotto w crab was amazing Cheese plate and meat tray with prosciutto and wild boar sausage and elk sausage to die for We would definetly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingFoodiefromctDined on 1/14/2014The restaurant touts itself as a farm to table with locally sourced ingredients. That is not totally true. They count anything that is purchased by a Colorado company as local, ie the salmon is not really from Colorado, but the company that sells it to the restaurant is. The printed wine list is great, but at least three of the wines we chose, were not available. The excuse given by the wait staff was that the wine order hadn't come in. Also when we were asked if we wanted bread service, we said yes, and they brought three pieces of bread for four people! We expected more from a resort based restaurant that wants to cater to sophisticated palates.
- good dining in snowmassLCIVDined on 1/4/2014Snowmass is a fantastic place to ski, but we've always found the food a bit lacking. We were delighted to hear that The Edge had hired a good chef and redone their menu, and found it solid enough that we brought our party of 5 back for a second round later in the week. The menu is well-done if not exceptional, leaning towards Italian and executing it well. Food is plentiful and large portions, perfect for a crowd hungry from skiing all day. As a bonus they do try to source locally when possible. The wine menu didn't depend entirely on California reds, unlike every other restaurant in Snowmass, and was well-priced. We will come back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the climbJim04Dined on 12/31/2013Great chef, We were served three different meals all to perfection, presentation of the meals was nicely done also. The black linguini red sauce and with calamari,shrimp and scallops a must. The filet was a large serving tender with a great flavor, Salmon was juicy served over veggie. Oh I must add this restaurant has great service and It's a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendJulesDined on 12/25/2013We were staying in the timberline lodge and we're pleasantly surprised how excellent the edge restaurant is. The chef does a great job and everything was high quality and delicious. We are going back during our week stay here at snow mass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely evening outcorbgradjackDined on 12/23/2013My family of 6 went here just before Christmas and the service was excellent and the food was very good. We were pleasantly surprised as it was one of the only places that we could get a reservation at last minute notice! Cosy and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but theJRS1040Dined on 9/14/2013The food was good, but the menu extremely limited. The service was poor, really non-existant, by any standards. My wife is disabled, but had to climb stairs to the restaurant. I cannot imaging returning and would never recommend this place to anyone.
- The corn bisque is delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2013The corn bisque is delicious. Watch the marinara on the seafood dish... Very spicy.Special Features:
- Good FindMoondogVIPDined on 8/22/2013One has to look for this place, but it is worth the search.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but there wasjdantotherescueDined on 3/12/2013Food was good, but there was a huge gap in service, between 45 minutes and an hour between appetizer and main course. Our reservation was at 7 and our main course was delivered at 8:45. Finally, members of the staff tried to cover for the incompetent waiter, who naturally blamed it on the kitchen. I thought that might be possible until I saw him clearing an empty table while I waited to pay the bill. Our group had all left the restaurant to get the car at that point, so it was more than obvious that we were through. Once he finally came back with the processed credit card and tried to leave quickly, I called him back for a pen.
- A little disappointed thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2013A little disappointed that the some of the menu items on the web were not available. What we got was very good, but there was no vegetarian entree choice.
- Five of us ate there, andJimDDined on 2/21/2013Five of us ate there, and we had a terrific meal. The blue crab, crawfish and artichoke dip was a great start, and all the entrees were just as good. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great setting, delicious food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2013Great setting, delicious food, outstanding service - what more can you ask for? Will be back !!Special Features:
- Our party of 8 thoroughlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2013Our party of 8 thoroughly enjoyed our meal at The Edge! The Bolognese sauce, the lamb, the salads, and the children's menu items were all hits. I don't think we had a crumb left on any of our plates. Portion sizes were more than adequate even for ravenously hungry après-skiers! The service was attentive but not overly so. Nice ambiance! We will certainly return!Special Features:
- Dessert to Die ForOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2013We are long time locals and we just discovered this gem. The hostess was very friendly when we arrived and we had a great table. The space is great and they have done an excellent job of updating the restaurant. The food was great. The pork was so tender you can cut it with a butter knife. Be sure to save room for dessert, because the strawberry shortcake creme brûlée was AMAZING. It was probably one of the best desserts we have ever had. We will definately be going back for seconds.Special Features:
- By far one of the best mealsANNABELLVIPDined on 2/15/2013By far one of the best meals that we had while at Snowmass. The food was delicious! The restaurant was somewhat loud but that was our only complaint. The food more than made up for that! My son got the Hunter's Stew and he talked about how amazing it was for days! Would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- This restaurant serves deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013This restaurant serves delicious food, but I would stick to it for dinner only. We had breakfast there and the service was terrible, one item brought to table at a time, cream not served with coffee until after coffee cooled, eggs over cooked. I think they are just not set up for breakfast. Dinner was a completely different experience, very much enjoyed it and would go again. The rating is for dinner only.Special Features:
- Good food, friendly Staff...aCitygirl2VIPDined on 12/31/2012Good food, friendly Staff...a nice surprise to find this gem!Special Features:
- This is the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2012This is the best restaurant in Snowmass and rivals the good restaurants in Aspen.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2012We had a really great meal. The staff was very attentive and took care of all our needs.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Quirky place.PowerLunchDined on 7/27/2012Excellent food. Quirky place. Bartender came to bring us wine and scooped up my husband's unfinished martini. As I looked up to object, I saw him take the glass through the kitchen doors and knock back the rest of the drink! We were too shocked to say anything to our waitress. We sat in the bar so we could watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics on the TV. They had the sound turned way down, and we discovered the reason was they had live entertainment in the bar--a lone harmonica player. Needless to say it was a weird experience.
- Get to Snowmass!elmoVIPDined on 7/15/2012The James Mazzio inspired menu matches the beautiful mountain setting in this Snowmass hot spot. Great reasonably priced wine list, killer beer carpaccio, outstanding kale salad, excellent lobster po'boy and cod. Be sure to try if in the area--Aspen quality and half the prices of most Aspen eateries.Special Features: