131 Sullivan Street
New York, NY 10000Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.thedutchnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126776200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Midday: Daily: 3pm-5:30pm (limited menu)
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Carmellini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room is available for booking lunch, brunch, dinner or late night parties for up to 18 people. The room includes dedicated staff, audio-visual capabilities and its own bar. It is located in the lower level of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Lyons 6464427850x
A word from The Dutch
The Dutch is an American restaurant, bar and oyster room inspired by local cafes, country inns, corner taverns, neighborhood bistros, seaside shacks, roadside joints and the same mix of cultural influences that make New York City great. Award-winning Chef Andrew Carmellini's roots-inspired American menu features fresh fish and shellfish, choice meats, local produce and the best of what's around.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Dutch reviews from OpenTable diners
320 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (165)neighborhood gem (142)great for brunch (111)hot spot (108)special occasion (82)vibrant bar scene (79)great for lunch (76)good for groups (70)romantic (62)notable wine list (40)late-night find (40)great for outdoor dining (20)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (13)Show More
- Homely setting,always terrific foodFoodwomanVIPDined on 8/25/2014Lively food imagination at work...highly recommended for the delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Posto carino per gente carinaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Cibo di buona qualità, ma ambiente un po' troppo fighetto. La persona che ci ha accolti piuttosto supponente ed irritata dalla presenza delle mie due ragazze. Potrebbero migliorare l'approccio. Cibo buonoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine place good food funny serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed our meal - a thriving place and a fun scene. The service was kind of slow - one waiter seemed to handle the whole room, but did not do much - there was one guy to bring water, another to bring the knives and forks and extra napkin (for lobster) to the table, and yet another with bread - the waiter finally came back to read the specials at length - (not pleasant, given that his breath was not as fresh as it could be). The food was very good- nice fresh lobster in a cold appetizer with a nice light lemony sauce and the New England boil, served with little new potatoes. The beet salad with homemade stracchietella (a type of soft cheese) was also delicious and quite a large portion. Expensive, especially for wine by the glass.
- Good brunchFoodlover1VIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a well balanced blueberry sauce with corn pancakes and lovely eggs with smoked salmon. Coffee was excellent! Of course, location was ideal for strolling in Soho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDavidADined on 8/21/2014Superb dining experience. Very inventive menu with unusually combinations of flavors yet remarkably compatible outcome in taste. Terrific service.Special Features:
- Going DutchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Wanted a good place to meet with an old friend that had great food in a casual setting. The Dutch certainly fits the bill. Sharp service and well constructed meals. The kimchee rice was terrific as were the oysters. Lots to like here. Vibrant bar scene, the restaurant was open due to good weather. all very nice.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodYummYummDined on 8/20/2014The Dutch has outstanding food. The Bigoti pasta dish was heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 8/20/2014Delicious food! Plus, the ambiance is great and service was excellent. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.DavidKVIPDined on 8/19/2014Love the service love the food love the atmosphere...what's not to love?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, energetic, talentedcoast2coastDined on 8/19/2014The dutch was one of few restaurants that I enjoyed in New York. The waiting staff was very professional. They accommodated my son's meal better than other restaurants.Special Features:
- Excellent!StuartDined on 8/19/2014What else can I say, I had high expectations, and they were all met. Food was outstanding, service impeccable and the ambiance was casual yet energetic. Thanks for making my wife's birthday dinner a huge success.Special Features:
- Ladies birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Enjoyed a birthday meal with friends; albeit they were late and the manager was kind enough to allow us to hold the table longer than normal. The food is excellent! I had the lamb and it was the best I'd ever have (including home to the middle east and africa!). The key lime and peach pie dessert are also the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it-To DIE FOR Fried Chicken!LoveitDined on 8/18/2014Loved the Dutch for lunch. What a nice group of staff! Easily and happily sat for our lunch reservation, both ordered the Fried Chicken, which was the best I've ever had in NYC. The fresh squeezed beet juice was pretty slammin' too. Didn't have room for the pie, but it looked really good!Special Features:
- Very, very good!FoodieFanDined on 8/17/2014We had brunch at The Dutch in August 2014. It was our first time there and it was a great experience. We were ten to fifteen minutes late for our reservation and the hostess was generous and accommodating. We were seated quickly and within seconds had a waiter at our table. The service was a notch above spectacular. Attentive, pleasant and accommodating. The food was absolutely yummy....I had the deconstructed Eggs Benny and my daughter had the Dutch burger. Both were very good but the burger was outstanding. This will be a brunch 'go to' when we are lucky enough to find ourselves in NYC.Special Features:
- Yummy brunch, cute sidewalk tabledmacDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed a lovely brunch at one of their sidewalk tables (there are only two, so you have to luck out to get one). Everything was a cut above the usual - thoughtful dishes that are more refined than the typical brunch fare, attentive and efficient service. They even brought simple syrup for the Stumptown cold-brew iced coffee, which is something that you NEVER see outside a high-end coffee joint.Special Features:
- Elegant hipster-chicAnonymous1Dined on 8/15/2014Outstanding locally sourced, with a spark of life. Well worth a stop, or even a trip from up-town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Unfortunately our food took 50 minutes to come out, however the maitre D brought us a complimentary chip/dip while we waited which was nice. I don't think I'd recommend the Dutch for lunch as it simply takes too long for people on a schedule, however it's still a great night spot.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The food was absolutely delicious and our server recommended dishes we loved. I would highly recommended this restaurantSpecial Features:
- A disappointmentPSvisitorVIPDined on 8/10/2014It pains me to write this, because by most measures, The Dutch is a wonderful place: a nice ambiance, excellent service, great location. However, on this visit, I was disappointed with the main dish, which was Tilefish. I have ordered this in the past without reservation, but this time, the fish was...well...fishy. I don't know if it was not as fresh as previously experienced, or just a bad piece, but despite the lovely preparation and presentation, the fish itself was not very tasty--in fact, it was downright unpleasant. I do like this restaurant, and would be willing to give it one more try--perhaps it was just a bad batch. But I would be remiss if I were not honest about my reaction to the meal.
- Very nice venue and cocktailsNachomrDined on 8/9/2014The spinach cappelletti were excellent. The eggplant dip was not that great. Loved the cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous family dinnereclementsDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I took our three children (teen and pre-teens) to meet up with an old friend for dinner at The Dutch on Friday night. Our kids are great restaurant diners and very adventurous eaters, however, I am still always reluctant with new restaurants as the staff may not be friendly towards youngsters or space is often too tight. The Dutch was perfect for our group of 6 on a Friday night. We were greeted with smiles, a friendly waiter, a knowledgeable sommelier who listened and matched our request perfectly, a great ambience and vibe and, best of all, incredible food! The must try dishes are the beef carpaccio (our kids ate 4 or 5 servings!), the Korean Hanger Steak and the Salted Lime Pie. Will be back to try more dishes soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional raw barThejenVIPDined on 8/8/2014Combinations of varied raw fish with unique tastes! Tomato appetizer also wonderful. Wait staff rather distant & not as attentive as I would like- but will return for wonderful tastesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fried Chicken!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014I had lunch with a friend... we always get the fried chicken. It's one of the best. A little spicy, juicy, and with a great crunch. The accompanying slaw has a kick from jalapenos, and is vinegar based (no mayo). The honeyed biscuits are the cherry on top... buttery, moist and slightly sweet, which pairs well with the spicy chicken.Special Features:
- Fun, yummy but LOUDRobinYogiDined on 8/6/2014Inventive, tasty food. Fun but LOUD ambiance. Definitely a scene.Special Features:
- The DutchNyersLayersDined on 8/4/2014I've heard so much good things about The Dutch and couldn't wait to give it a try. I finally went this week with one of my girl friends, and it certainly lived up to its expectation. I had a glass of dry riesling from the Finger Lakes region, it was fantastic, and very easy to go with any food. We weren't too hungry, so I didn't get to try out too many items on the menu, but I ordered a pasta with black truffle, my friend ordered the BBQ pork, they are both fantastic. The famous Monday Fried Chicken absolutely looks and smells insanely good, that's what I'll try next time. Great restaurant overall.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Everything was perfect - the atmosphere, the service, and importantly the food!! Would go back in a heartbeat and will definitely recommend to others!!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/3/2014Food is amazing. If i have to nitpick, the portion size is small.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerenjoyNYdineDined on 8/2/2014We had dinner on Saturday night, be sure to make reservations. Very extensive winelist and help of a sommelier if you need any. Food was very good and also good portions (not too big). Lamsrack was outstanding. You can also order from the Oyster bar if you're seated in the restaurant. Service was excellent. Nearby are nice bars to continue the evening.Special Features:
- Perfect!MirtilliVIPDined on 8/1/2014Loved everything about The Dutch! Excellent food, service, atmosphere. The pies are out of this world good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loyal customer, but lunch was fairLocaleasterDined on 7/31/2014I love the Dutch and regularly go there for business lunches. But the crab salad was very disappointing the other day. I expected something lean if not spare, but the tablespoon dollop of crab on underdressed greens was wan and flavorless. A surprising disappointment.Special Features:
- Great meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Recommended by a friend and The Dutch did not disappoint. On Mondays they have a special, "AC Fried Chicken" which comes with salad, slaw, biscuits (apparently the biscuits have won an award) and blueberry pie for dessert. Very generous portions so it was hard to finish but impossible to leave anything on your plate - just too good. Staff was very pleasant, informative and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!K357Dined on 7/25/2014The food was amazing. hint hint fries!!! The staff was very friendly and patient especially when we were indecisive. they were prompt on serving, refilling, and cleaning. and dessert was, of course, the most amazing! we got one of everything and all the plates had favourites and claimers that wanted to lick the plate clean. definitely coming back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at The DutchBarbaraBDined on 7/25/2014I had an outstanding dinner at The Dutch recently. A friend and I had reservations for a Friday night. When we arrived, the restaurant was crowded, but we were seated immediately. Our service was attentive without being intrusive. Although the restaurant is busy and appears loud upon first entering, we were able to easily enjoy our conversation. We were permitted to linger over dinner and never felt rushed. The cocktails are perfectly crafted and the food was delicious! I had the black rigatini with squid and it was superb! Unusually spiced and very tasty. My experience there was delightful and I would be happy to return. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be Pushy or Ignore UsDetroitGuestsDined on 7/21/2014Hello - Maybe I walked in with the wrong type of handbag to eat there but the host never smiled and was extremely rude! The bar staff was un-engaging but the drinks were amazing although a bit pricey compared to other high-end cocktails in the city (such as Employees Only.) The waiter was very pushy on the menu order but that didn't bother me as much as my partner. We asked for water 3 times to 3 different people and no one brought it. We left feedback with the manager and he was very kind. The credit card machine wasn't working and they had to scan are card twice which was fine. We thought the atmosphere was a bit pretentious but overall relaxing and we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediokerashbornDined on 7/20/2014Menu for brunch very limited. Very overpriced. If you are paying $17 for eggs, throw in a piece of toast! Food was very average. Does not live up to the hype.Special Features:
- miloVIPDined on 7/20/2014We had a very pleasant experience and meal. Thank you ............Special Features:
- redefined comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014Sometimes the basic turn out to be more than what they appear. for if you take the extra step and the time to prepare a simple meal is elevated into a meal. Such is the case with the Dutch. My skate was perfectly seasoned and the sides when very well particularly the dilled cucumber. The funnel cake was superb and one of the best desert I have had in a while . Service was attentive and not intrusive.Special Features:
- Many Times DutchedShanRadDined on 7/11/2014I've celebrated many occasions at The Dutch. Its been great. I haven't been back for about two years, and found the quality of the food (not the sweets or the wine) has slipped. Still a great meal in Manhattan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place that makes you feel hipfancyshmancyDined on 7/9/2014The vibe was chic, but not pretentious. Cozy atmosphere, spin on comfort foods. Portion sizes were great, especially for a well-known restaurant. Korean hanger steak was to die for...I periodically fantasize about the mix of kimchi and citrus flavors. The biggest bonus was specially requesting a waiter that knows wine, and having someone come to our table and give us a few glasses to taste - The Dutch is obviously committed to top-notch service, which makes customers eager to return. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Great Food, Drink and VibeNeilskDined on 7/8/2014Really enjoyed the entire experience. Was there to catch up with old friends and we were able to enjoy everything about our meal and the space and ambiance were alive while not taking away from ability to converse. The Korean flank steak with Kimchi was highly recommended and thoroughly enjoyed. Started with a very fresh and tasty pasta dish as well. Interesting drink options and helpful service nicely rounded things out.Special Features: