131 Sullivan Street
New York, NY 10000Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.thedutchnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126776200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Midday: Daily: 3pm-5:30pm (limited menu)
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Carmellini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room is available for booking lunch, brunch, dinner or late night parties for up to 18 people. The room includes dedicated staff, audio-visual capabilities and its own bar. It is located in the lower level of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Lyons 6464427850x
A word from The Dutch
The Dutch is an American restaurant, bar and oyster room inspired by local cafes, country inns, corner taverns, neighborhood bistros, seaside shacks, roadside joints and the same mix of cultural influences that make New York City great. Award-winning Chef Andrew Carmellini's roots-inspired American menu features fresh fish and shellfish, choice meats, local produce and the best of what's around.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Dutch reviews from OpenTable diners
329 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (178)neighborhood gem (150)hot spot (113)great for brunch (102)vibrant bar scene (84)good for groups (77)great for lunch (72)special occasion (72)romantic (64)notable wine list (53)late-night find (41)kid-friendly (17)great for outdoor dining (16)scenic view (10)Show More
- So sad!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014I have never written a negative review on open table, but I was sooooo disappointed! The restaurant is beautiful and the location is perfect!! I got many recommendations for this place and I was visiting NYC and picking the right place for brunch was imperative!! The food wasn't bad but it wasn't great.. the worst part and what ruined our visit was the service! our server was either having a bad day or he just had an issue with us, we were super friendly trying to make him smile and asking him for suggestions and he just wasn't having it!! So sad, we won't go back and we most definitely won't recommend it to anyone..
- consistently deliciousjosiahVIPDined on 9/27/2014As always! And the Roasted Plum Pie was beyond. merely delicious. You can always count on The Dutch to hit all the right notes.Special Features:
- Perfect night at the DutchtouristdinerDined on 9/26/2014Staff were friendly, attentive, and helpful. Great menu, great wine list, great ambiance. They even have a sommelier to help you select the perfect wine! We will definetly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoodyDined on 9/25/2014Did not receive the waiter's full attention. For every phase of the meal, the waiter had to be summoned. Occasionally, we caught the eye of the busboy who would fetch the waiter. I love the Dutch, but felt a little cheated tonight.Special Features:
- Dinner with business colleaguesDebnNYDined on 9/24/2014I chose The Dutch to host two business colleagues for dinner, one from Boston and one from Washington, DC. We were able to have a somewhat serious discussion over delicious food in a setting that was classic New York...elegant without pretension. The staff were quite friendly and efficient without being intrusive. We ended the evening feeling relaxed and content with our dinner meeting. I would definitely select again The Dutch for such an occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebHDined on 9/22/2014I have been to The Dutch many times for lunch and really enjoyed it. This was my first time for dinner and it was for a special occasion. The restaurant knew that but we we rushed and it was clear they wanted to turn the table (we had a 7:30 reservation). I would not go back for dinner
- Ladies BrunchMarisaBDined on 9/21/2014This perfect neighborhood spot, has great food and atmosphere to grab brunch on a Sunday with girlfriends.Special Features:
- The DutchmecavarrettaDined on 9/21/2014The snapper crudo was fantastic. The biscuits were awesome. The burger was cooked exactly the way I ordered but needed more sauce. The waitstaff needs an insane amount of work. Horrible service. Too bad I won't be attending brunch again because of that. I will try dinner and hope for a different staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much tinkering with foodBeekeeDined on 9/20/2014We thought the menu items were off the mark, hard to understand from descriptions, and wrongly paired ingredients.
- Best BurgerxamegriDined on 9/20/2014I loved their cheddar burger, it was so juicy. We were the only one with kids , but they were very helpful trying to accommodate us.Special Features:
- Accommodating and Amazing ServiceAvanVIPDined on 9/17/2014Absolutely loved every aspect of the experience at The Dutch! I requested a special table for a celebration with my girlfriend and they reserved the best table in the house for us. Service was impeccable, and the food was perfect!Special Features:
- ArdieArdieVIPDined on 9/14/2014This is my 5th time dining here and as usual starting from hostess atvthe door they are all unfriendly and unwelcoming! Bar staff is also same. Waiters were great i have to say. Even food is great i would not come back
- Great brunch placeValFDined on 9/14/2014Good place for Sunday brunch, also great for celebrating a special occasion with friends, dinner or lunch as well. They accommodated our table of 7 people on Sunday for brunch. We had one guest late abs arriving after the kitchen closed , however we placed an order on time before the kitchen closed. Their desserts are really amazing and special. The Dutch is a typical soho spot for locals and city residents. There are no tourists there even though soho is full with all kinds of tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dutch Style ShinessatiableDined on 9/13/2014The Dutch is a paragon of fine dining in the no-table cloth era. Service and food both over deliver. I also can't speak highly enough about the sommelier. I named a dollar figure at the bottom of what's available on the list - and he carefully recommended four wines to match our dinner with thoughtful and enthusiastic descriptions of each - you would have thought we were discussing a fine bordeaux. It's that kind of extra attention that made this a place worth visiting over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeTineDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent, I would recommend the tilefish dish because the taste was a nice mix of oriental and western flavours. Deserts are also gorgeous. On top of that, service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointed!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We did a reservation but we waited a table aprox. 20 minutes. The food is not good at all. Its like a pretentious fast food. We Order a fried chicken and it in KFC is better!!!
- Rude Maitre'DTheStigVIPDined on 9/9/2014terrible service. extremely rude maitre'd. never going back. ever.
- Food addictionJpjpVIPDined on 9/7/2014is place is suitable for those who love food. Prince platter with tiers of seafood was divine. We savoured the pork entree. The tile fish was amazing. Fries were a little overcooked this time around. But all was forgiven when we tasted the sorbet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyswivyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Could not hear the person next to you. Waiter was hard to hear and seemed in a rush.
- A Must DoMikefromQueens11357Dined on 9/1/2014The Dutch Restaurant was the perfect find for a special dinner with great decor, service, food and wine. This is one place that's "A Must Do".Special Features:
- Bad serviceLuiPDined on 9/1/2014The food was sub standard , tables were crammed against each other, drinks took forever to come and the so called signature Bloody Mary was one of the worst of my life. I'm not coming back
- it was goodeatinggoodDined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed the food and ambiance at The Dutch, but it was very loud and the service was very mediocre. I would still return though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and tastyarpieDined on 8/30/2014This is a brunch/lunch spot in Manhattan fit for foodies, without completely blowing the average joe's weekend budget. There was a culinary edge to the dishes that showed a passion for food beyond the conventional. Great craft beer selection. Compressed juices for health nuts....Nice diversity in the menu... including a rice option (so often missing). Poached Eggs to cry for... Breezy spacious atmosphere and street views for the flaneur. Attentive but not intrusive service. it all added up to being a cut above the typical hemmed in, plaid American NY restaurant brunch experience. Give it a whirl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/28/2014Our derver, Tiago could not have been better. Suggested the perfect cocktail (the Diamond Cutter), and gave my friend and I a runn down of the extensive raw bar. Perfect girls night.Special Features:
- Dutch doesn't disappoint!soozVIPDined on 8/28/2014Buttermilk fried chicken will be a bit of a wait but for the mouthwatering honey biscuits and spicy slaw sides it is worth it. My friend had the lamb salad- perfect on a hot day for a lighter lunch. All rooms have good ambience- I prefer the front two however, during the cold winter months the back room is comforting and the private dining room ( seats around 16) downstairs with it's own Bar is going right on my list for our next soiree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homely setting,always terrific foodFoodwomanVIPDined on 8/25/2014Lively food imagination at work...highly recommended for the delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Posto carino per gente carinaItalianisulpezzoDined on 8/24/2014Cibo di buona qualità, ma ambiente un po' troppo fighetto. La persona che ci ha accolti piuttosto supponente ed irritata dalla presenza delle mie due ragazze. Potrebbero migliorare l'approccio. Cibo buonoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine place good food funny serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed our meal - a thriving place and a fun scene. The service was kind of slow - one waiter seemed to handle the whole room, but did not do much - there was one guy to bring water, another to bring the knives and forks and extra napkin (for lobster) to the table, and yet another with bread - the waiter finally came back to read the specials at length - (not pleasant, given that his breath was not as fresh as it could be). The food was very good- nice fresh lobster in a cold appetizer with a nice light lemony sauce and the New England boil, served with little new potatoes. The beet salad with homemade stracchietella (a type of soft cheese) was also delicious and quite a large portion. Expensive, especially for wine by the glass.
- Good brunchFoodlover1VIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a well balanced blueberry sauce with corn pancakes and lovely eggs with smoked salmon. Coffee was excellent! Of course, location was ideal for strolling in Soho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely done!FoodieDivaVIPDined on 8/24/2014My first time at The Dutch but my friend's hundredth.....now I see why! Great food, good brunch cocktails and a fun crowd. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceDavidADined on 8/21/2014Superb dining experience. Very inventive menu with unusually combinations of flavors yet remarkably compatible outcome in taste. Terrific service.Special Features:
- Going DutchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Wanted a good place to meet with an old friend that had great food in a casual setting. The Dutch certainly fits the bill. Sharp service and well constructed meals. The kimchee rice was terrific as were the oysters. Lots to like here. Vibrant bar scene, the restaurant was open due to good weather. all very nice.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodYummYummDined on 8/20/2014The Dutch has outstanding food. The Bigoti pasta dish was heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 8/20/2014Delicious food! Plus, the ambiance is great and service was excellent. Will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.DavidKVIPDined on 8/19/2014Love the service love the food love the atmosphere...what's not to love?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, energetic, talentedcoast2coastDined on 8/19/2014The dutch was one of few restaurants that I enjoyed in New York. The waiting staff was very professional. They accommodated my son's meal better than other restaurants.Special Features:
- Excellent!StuartVIPDined on 8/19/2014What else can I say, I had high expectations, and they were all met. Food was outstanding, service impeccable and the ambiance was casual yet energetic. Thanks for making my wife's birthday dinner a huge success.Special Features:
- Ladies birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Enjoyed a birthday meal with friends; albeit they were late and the manager was kind enough to allow us to hold the table longer than normal. The food is excellent! I had the lamb and it was the best I'd ever have (including home to the middle east and africa!). The key lime and peach pie dessert are also the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it-To DIE FOR Fried Chicken!LoveitDined on 8/18/2014Loved the Dutch for lunch. What a nice group of staff! Easily and happily sat for our lunch reservation, both ordered the Fried Chicken, which was the best I've ever had in NYC. The fresh squeezed beet juice was pretty slammin' too. Didn't have room for the pie, but it looked really good!Special Features:
- Very, very good!FoodieFanDined on 8/17/2014We had brunch at The Dutch in August 2014. It was our first time there and it was a great experience. We were ten to fifteen minutes late for our reservation and the hostess was generous and accommodating. We were seated quickly and within seconds had a waiter at our table. The service was a notch above spectacular. Attentive, pleasant and accommodating. The food was absolutely yummy....I had the deconstructed Eggs Benny and my daughter had the Dutch burger. Both were very good but the burger was outstanding. This will be a brunch 'go to' when we are lucky enough to find ourselves in NYC.Special Features: