131 Sullivan Street
New York, NY 10000Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.thedutchnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126776200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Midday: Daily: 3pm-5:30pm (limited menu)
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Carmellini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room is available for booking lunch, brunch, dinner or late night parties for up to 18 people. The room includes dedicated staff, audio-visual capabilities and its own bar. It is located in the lower level of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Lyons 6464427850x
A word from The Dutch
The Dutch is an American restaurant, bar and oyster room inspired by local cafes, country inns, corner taverns, neighborhood bistros, seaside shacks, roadside joints and the same mix of cultural influences that make New York City great. Award-winning Chef Andrew Carmellini's roots-inspired American menu features fresh fish and shellfish, choice meats, local produce and the best of what's around.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Dutch reviews from OpenTable diners
307 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (165)neighborhood gem (133)hot spot (104)great for brunch (94)vibrant bar scene (70)good for groups (68)special occasion (64)great for lunch (61)romantic (56)notable wine list (56)late-night find (35)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (13)Show More
- good overall. good experiencetfppDined on 10/19/2014The appetizers are ridiculous. If you want to share some appetizers before the mains, there is no good choice. Luckily, the mains are really good. No exciting dessert either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need TeaEdwardoDined on 10/19/2014Serving brunch with no breakfast tea or black tea? The waiter sheepishly offers only Earl Gray and assorted herb teas. What kind of tea do people like most at breakfast? A restaurant as classy as this one should know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Made itKmcraeDined on 10/18/2014My best friend has been talking about the Dutch for years. I finally made it to brunch and it was all she said and more. The wait staff was very helpful and the food was amazing Had the pecan bun- just the right amount of moist vs. crunchy. The shrimp fired rice was amazing and the chicken and waffles rocked. Went for a long walk in Soho ( and of course a bit of shopping) afterwards Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatsullivanDined on 10/11/2014this is an all around A+ place - great food, great service, nice scene.Special Features:
- Sw1shDined on 10/11/2014Strangest service in a long time: were running late so called to say we would be a bit late, were told that they couldn't hold the table for more than 15 minutes. When we arrive the place was empty (so they could have reassured us that the place wasn't full even while following their no table holding policy), but because one of us had yet to arrive we were not allowed to sit at the table but rather wait at the bar (again, the place was virtually empty). When the final person came, we had to ask two different people to be seated which took several minutes. Service subsequently was a mix of bored and rude. The food was excellent, the cocktails were good, the place was nice in a fancy diner sort of way. But yeah, strange robotic service.
- Dive Into The Dutch!Sarenity36Dined on 10/9/2014Dinning at The Dutch is always a wonderful experience. The atmosphere is so inviting, the lighting is just dim enough to feel relaxed. The Wait Staff are almost intuitive without hovering about. Now about the foodie food food! Delicious! The Roasted Chicken was so tender and flavorful. The new Dutch Duck dish was fantastic. My Mother had the Duck and after one taste I had order envy! You must sample the Toffee Cake, you'll Thank me later. All in all The Dutch delivered the goods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014visiting from Paris, recommended by NYC colleagues, nice place and food but too noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved every suculent bite of foodMeg14Dined on 10/8/2014Great dining experience, strongly reccomended for a client dinner or dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodFlomanDined on 10/4/2014We had the steak, korean bbq style (sorry, don't remember the dish name). It was delicious!!Special Features:
- Finesrl212Dined on 10/4/2014Food was OKAY, but overpriced. Service was pleasant but unmemorable.Special Features:
- Stupid expensiveMDanteVIPDined on 10/3/2014It's Manhattan yeah and it's SOHO, but $18 for an omelette is a bit much. We had the omelette, crab salad (good but very very little crab. Crab dust nearly) and she had one glass of wine and we had a large bottle of sparkling water. $60 bill before tip. Seriously?
- opinions are likeLittleBaconDined on 9/30/2014Everything was fine. Not great, kinda polarizing. Just a place where if you're not business class you're apparently an idiot if you want to eat there. Wear a suit, maybe when you enter the building the several hosts will greet you instead of staring at you. But I guess that's just what I get for being under 30 and wanting a nice dinner on vacation.Special Features:
- Très bonne adresse , délicieux!JulyDined on 9/28/2014That was a wonderful dîner, good Wine and delicious cooked Fish. Pecan pie wath terrible . We spend a so good Time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappontmentincredibleDined on 9/28/2014Used to like The Dutch very much. Unfortunatelly the food was a major disappointment this time. I had information from friends in this sense, but I coudn't believe that such an amazing restaurant could have lost its bright in this way. Hope they will get back on track soon...Special Features:
- So sad!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014I have never written a negative review on open table, but I was sooooo disappointed! The restaurant is beautiful and the location is perfect!! I got many recommendations for this place and I was visiting NYC and picking the right place for brunch was imperative!! The food wasn't bad but it wasn't great.. the worst part and what ruined our visit was the service! our server was either having a bad day or he just had an issue with us, we were super friendly trying to make him smile and asking him for suggestions and he just wasn't having it!! So sad, we won't go back and we most definitely won't recommend it to anyone..
- consistently deliciousjosiahVIPDined on 9/27/2014As always! And the Roasted Plum Pie was beyond. merely delicious. You can always count on The Dutch to hit all the right notes.Special Features:
- Perfect night at the DutchtouristdinerDined on 9/26/2014Staff were friendly, attentive, and helpful. Great menu, great wine list, great ambiance. They even have a sommelier to help you select the perfect wine! We will definetly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoodyDined on 9/25/2014Did not receive the waiter's full attention. For every phase of the meal, the waiter had to be summoned. Occasionally, we caught the eye of the busboy who would fetch the waiter. I love the Dutch, but felt a little cheated tonight.Special Features:
- Dinner with business colleaguesDebnNYDined on 9/24/2014I chose The Dutch to host two business colleagues for dinner, one from Boston and one from Washington, DC. We were able to have a somewhat serious discussion over delicious food in a setting that was classic New York...elegant without pretension. The staff were quite friendly and efficient without being intrusive. We ended the evening feeling relaxed and content with our dinner meeting. I would definitely select again The Dutch for such an occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebHDined on 9/22/2014I have been to The Dutch many times for lunch and really enjoyed it. This was my first time for dinner and it was for a special occasion. The restaurant knew that but we we rushed and it was clear they wanted to turn the table (we had a 7:30 reservation). I would not go back for dinner
- Ladies BrunchMarisaBDined on 9/21/2014This perfect neighborhood spot, has great food and atmosphere to grab brunch on a Sunday with girlfriends.Special Features:
- The DutchmecavarrettaDined on 9/21/2014The snapper crudo was fantastic. The biscuits were awesome. The burger was cooked exactly the way I ordered but needed more sauce. The waitstaff needs an insane amount of work. Horrible service. Too bad I won't be attending brunch again because of that. I will try dinner and hope for a different staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much tinkering with foodBeekeeVIPDined on 9/20/2014We thought the menu items were off the mark, hard to understand from descriptions, and wrongly paired ingredients.
- Best BurgerxamegriDined on 9/20/2014I loved their cheddar burger, it was so juicy. We were the only one with kids , but they were very helpful trying to accommodate us.Special Features:
- Accommodating and Amazing ServiceAvanVIPDined on 9/17/2014Absolutely loved every aspect of the experience at The Dutch! I requested a special table for a celebration with my girlfriend and they reserved the best table in the house for us. Service was impeccable, and the food was perfect!Special Features:
- ArdieArdieVIPDined on 9/14/2014This is my 5th time dining here and as usual starting from hostess atvthe door they are all unfriendly and unwelcoming! Bar staff is also same. Waiters were great i have to say. Even food is great i would not come back
- Great brunch placeValFDined on 9/14/2014Good place for Sunday brunch, also great for celebrating a special occasion with friends, dinner or lunch as well. They accommodated our table of 7 people on Sunday for brunch. We had one guest late abs arriving after the kitchen closed , however we placed an order on time before the kitchen closed. Their desserts are really amazing and special. The Dutch is a typical soho spot for locals and city residents. There are no tourists there even though soho is full with all kinds of tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dutch Style ShinessatiableDined on 9/13/2014The Dutch is a paragon of fine dining in the no-table cloth era. Service and food both over deliver. I also can't speak highly enough about the sommelier. I named a dollar figure at the bottom of what's available on the list - and he carefully recommended four wines to match our dinner with thoughtful and enthusiastic descriptions of each - you would have thought we were discussing a fine bordeaux. It's that kind of extra attention that made this a place worth visiting over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeTineDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent, I would recommend the tilefish dish because the taste was a nice mix of oriental and western flavours. Deserts are also gorgeous. On top of that, service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointed!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We did a reservation but we waited a table aprox. 20 minutes. The food is not good at all. Its like a pretentious fast food. We Order a fried chicken and it in KFC is better!!!
- Rude Maitre'DTheStigVIPDined on 9/9/2014terrible service. extremely rude maitre'd. never going back. ever.
- Food addictionJpjpVIPDined on 9/7/2014is place is suitable for those who love food. Prince platter with tiers of seafood was divine. We savoured the pork entree. The tile fish was amazing. Fries were a little overcooked this time around. But all was forgiven when we tasted the sorbet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyswivyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Could not hear the person next to you. Waiter was hard to hear and seemed in a rush.
- A Must DoMikefromQueens11357Dined on 9/1/2014The Dutch Restaurant was the perfect find for a special dinner with great decor, service, food and wine. This is one place that's "A Must Do".Special Features:
- Bad serviceLuiPDined on 9/1/2014The food was sub standard , tables were crammed against each other, drinks took forever to come and the so called signature Bloody Mary was one of the worst of my life. I'm not coming back
- it was goodeatinggoodDined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed the food and ambiance at The Dutch, but it was very loud and the service was very mediocre. I would still return though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and tastyarpieDined on 8/30/2014This is a brunch/lunch spot in Manhattan fit for foodies, without completely blowing the average joe's weekend budget. There was a culinary edge to the dishes that showed a passion for food beyond the conventional. Great craft beer selection. Compressed juices for health nuts....Nice diversity in the menu... including a rice option (so often missing). Poached Eggs to cry for... Breezy spacious atmosphere and street views for the flaneur. Attentive but not intrusive service. it all added up to being a cut above the typical hemmed in, plaid American NY restaurant brunch experience. Give it a whirl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/28/2014Our derver, Tiago could not have been better. Suggested the perfect cocktail (the Diamond Cutter), and gave my friend and I a runn down of the extensive raw bar. Perfect girls night.Special Features:
- Dutch doesn't disappoint!soozVIPDined on 8/28/2014Buttermilk fried chicken will be a bit of a wait but for the mouthwatering honey biscuits and spicy slaw sides it is worth it. My friend had the lamb salad- perfect on a hot day for a lighter lunch. All rooms have good ambience- I prefer the front two however, during the cold winter months the back room is comforting and the private dining room ( seats around 16) downstairs with it's own Bar is going right on my list for our next soiree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homely setting,always terrific foodFoodwomanVIPDined on 8/25/2014Lively food imagination at work...highly recommended for the delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.