The Dutch Miami
2201 Collins Avenue, W South Beach Hotel & Residences
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Dutch Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedutchmiami.com/
- Phone: 3059383112
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:30am Daily; Lunch: 12:00pm - 4:00pm Daily;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 6:30pm - 11:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 6:30pm - 12:00am. The Bakery Counter is open daily from 7:30am - 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Carmellini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Special Events: We offer a variety of private dining options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Accommodations range from an intimate dinner party for 14 people to a larger affair for up to 70 guests.
If you would like to receive information about hosting a private event at The Dutch, please contact Katya Segovia at email@example.com or (305) 938-3095.
A word from The Dutch Miami
The Dutch is an American restaurant, bar and oyster room inspired by local cafes, country inns, corner taverns, neighborhood bistros, seaside shacks, roadside joints and the same mix of cultural influences that make Miami Beach great. Award-winning Chef Andrew Carmellini's roots-inspired American menu features fresh fish and shellfish, choice meats, local produce and the best of what's around.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Dutch Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (19)special occasion (19)romantic (18)notable wine list (16)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Poor service and overpricedDP85Dined on 10/7/2014$17 for 2 slices of tomato and 1 slice of mozzarella is ridiculous!!! The portion size is beyond small for the price and to have poor service on top just makes the experience even more dissatisfying! I'm a chef and this restaurant is all about the Sobe scene not the food. The Dutch in NYC is so much better.Special Features:
- Very good food and staff!GuiSaoPauloDined on 9/22/2014We had an excellent meal and were really well treated. Go for the pork chop!Special Features:
- standard hôtel restaurantjpsparisDined on 9/14/2014We choose this restaurant during the Miami Spice month because of its location in the W hotel which we love. The decoration is very average, the food is a classic of hotel groups, so average and too much music The only thing positive is the service.Special Features:
- Office tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Took the girls from the office for dinner while in town for classes. Beautiful views, great service, wonderful food. The watermelon cocktail was a table favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad choicesamforduDined on 9/12/2014The Miami Spice menu had very bad choices. We ordered from the regular menu. Plates were either average or bad. Very over priced. Billed was $180. We ordered 2 drinks, I glass of wine, shared an appetizer and shared a dessert. Not worth it.
- Very Nice placeSupbicouDined on 9/7/2014I took the Miami spice menu that was good but not incredible. Service was great though. Ambiance is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spotoutnaboutDined on 9/6/2014The decor is casual, very similar to The Dutch on Prince St in SoHo. The food is inventive but not as fantastic as we had hoped. The quail was hilariously tiny (yes I've had quail at other places) but well prepared. Overall our experience was pleasant until we got the bill...Special Features:
- Switch and baitPegasusVIPDined on 8/31/2014Both Miami spice menu and regular menus were different from the web menus advertised, hence dissapponted I had to settle for fish and chips when I was counting on lobster pot pie. The gazpacho was however the best ever and the service of the entire wait staff was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed!!Bonjour123Dined on 8/29/2014I am from NYC and while on vacation in Miami came to The Dutch for the first time. What an excellent experience. The food was SO TASTY. I could just tell the freshest ingredients were used. When I get home to NY I am definitely going to be going to The Dutch there. Very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bring moneyFoodieDined on 8/29/2014We were there for Miami Spice with another couple. The menu options were very limited. We all had simple green salads. The men had 1/2 rack of ribs which were good. The women had fried fish and chips, nothing special. We ordered a $50 bottle of wine. The tab was $138.00. Expensive for fish and chips and ribs. And we didn't get to experience what the chef can do.Special Features:
- Great spot for friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We recently dined at The Dutch for the first time, and 3 of the 4 of us ate of the Miami Spice menu. We we're not disappointed! For appetizers we had the Tuna Crudo, (I loved them but our men weren't in love with because they apparently have something against watermelon), the beer steamed clams (big hit with the table, even though most of us previously disliked sauerkraut), sheep's milk ricotta, and country fried chicken wings with a spicy jam. The only appetizer we didn't care for was the oyster sandwiches, because the clams were so small they fell out of the sandwiches. For supper, we really enjoyed the lobster pot pie (a favorite!), chicken tikka masala, sea scallops and the rainbow trout. This is the perfect spot to dine with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad b-day experiencemonicaVIPDined on 8/16/2014I went for my b-day dinner to dutch on aug. 16 and I chose the lobster pot pie which I paid $12 more for. The pie arrived and there were very few lobster in it and it was overcooked and very tough. I wish I had complained and had it taken off my bill but I was embarrassed and didn't know if they were going to give me a hard time. Disappointed
- Did Not Disapointlove2eatDined on 8/9/2014Had a very nice time. Great waiter. The fresh cold water oysters were very good specially the ones from BC. Ordered from the Miami Spice menu which was also very good. Surprised that the portions were not tiny as some other restaurants seem to do with the set menu.Special Features:
- MitsDined on 8/6/2014Casual, great service,good food, expensive,cool sceneSpecial Features:
- Dont believe the reviews.AndrewVIPDined on 8/6/2014The restuaraunt is really expensive and the food is definately not worth if $177 for lunch! Service included even though we had poor service. Fried chicken sandwich $25 Chic fil quality. I'm travel constantly. Dont eat here. Much better places in Miami.
- August Miami Spicefoodie101Dined on 8/2/2014I was impressed most by the service ar the Dutch. I dined at the Dutch for the Miami Spice Menu in August. My table was waited on by Chris who is a most attentive waiter. I had the fried chicken wings to start with the scotch bonnet jam. The wings were perfectly fried, crispy and non oily and paired well with the jam. The chicken tikka masala was the second course and however was unimpressive. The Dutch has a much toned down dish of this loved Indian dish and I much prefer the zest and spiciness of the authentic version. Sorry Dutch, this didn't cut it for me. The chess pie however redeemed the meal and was a great finish to a fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York City beat with a SOBE spinMattVIPDined on 7/29/2014This is the South Beach offshoot of New York City's The Dutch. The emphasis here, like in NYC, is on local seafood. Unfortunately for the restaurant, it's located off of the lobby of the W hotel, with no clearly visible signage from the street. That may have explained why so few tables were occupied. Nonetheless, it was a very enjoyable meal. Engaging and thoughtful staff; food of the highest quality. While my Peruvian partner didn't find the "traditional" ceviche to be quite traditional--and perhaps served a bit too cold--it was still memorable. Oysters were terrific. My red snapper was succulent, perfectly cooked and one of the thickest pieces of fish I've ever had. My partner's scallops were equally fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantChicagoTouristDined on 7/25/2014Outstanding experience. The outdoor space was very nice, and our waiter was excellent- very thoughtful, attentive and knowledgeable. Food was excellent. I had a watermelon cocktail, scallop entree and a salad to start. It's expensive but well worth it, especially if you sit outside. Atmosphere is important to me...Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We had a great client lunch, great service and great food. Everything went smoothly and on time. GREAT experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceAlex43Dined on 7/21/2014I had a memorable dinner with my wife. We arrived late (10 pm) on Monday and the restaurant was already empty. Even though, we were treated very well by the staff. The food is really awesome, I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014Used to go at least once a month, hadn't been back in several months this time. Resto was buzzing because of Mercedes Beach Fashion influx but food was NOT up to par.Special Features:
- Jonathan and his brotherchuckrockDined on 7/16/2014Amazin service Korean BBQ was official best service I've had in Miami, wish I had a bigger appetite because between the service and food I wouldn't have left!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014The Dutch has a good menu, and all the dishes were very well prepared. The service was great. It has a casual ambiance, very relaxed. Outside tables look on to the pool, with live music, and a great bar. It is a little expensive, and they do include a 20% service charge, since it is part of the hotel.Special Features:
- feedmysoulDined on 7/5/2014Service and ambiance were both great. Food was good not outstanding. Long trek to the ladies room. Several people came by the table to check on our meals which was nice including the GM. Menu is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 210 reviews are from the The Dutch Miami reviews archive.
- som was very approachablechuckrockDined on 7/2/2014Great spot service best I've had in you the 305, ask for Peter either som or beverage director very professional ton of knowledgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Miami FavescooserDined on 6/29/2014We loved the Dutch. It is, unfortunately, hidden from the street in the W hotel, but once inside, the place oozes character and charm. Food and service was fantastic, and our waiter Chris was very helpful, suggesting dishes and pairings. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Beach restuarantMARKCDined on 6/27/2014Chefs 4 course tasting ( his selections ) was excellent. Great variety and taste. Special mention to the service in particular Jonathan. Could not have been better - informative, never rushed and attentive.Special Features:
- Where is it?JonoDined on 6/26/2014After searching for 15 minutes in 100F heat for the restaurant, we found out it has no sign! We were greeted at the door and seated immediately in a very nice location. The food was very good, especially the Biscayne platter and the steak tartar. The main course I chose was good, but over priced at $34 for 3 medium sized scallops. Our server Jonathan was excellent, as was the rest of the staff, and I would definitely recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Top notchIkisanVIPDined on 6/15/2014This is undoubtedly a Collins avenue gem. Hidden away from all the tropical Miami fuzz inside the modern and elegant W hotel, the restaurant has everything you can look for: great interior design, food and service. Their attention to details is unique and turns every meal into a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitschy and eclectic atmosphere!Delish40Dined on 6/15/2014The food was delicious and different. The service was lovely. Wish you all were closer to us or we we would frequent more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/12/2014Great food and cool scenery, but was empty on a Thursday nightSpecial Features:
- Perfect from start to finish!PJWinnerVIPDined on 6/2/2014The Dutch is popular with the late night SoBe crowd so we had the lovely screened in outdoor patio to ourselves when we went on a rainy Monday night at 7:00 PM. The meal was perfect from the moist corn muffins and cajun spice dusted foccacio with honey butter that started our meal to the fudgie mint brownie bites that ended it. We loved the savory homemade sheeps' milk ricotta with grilled toast. The Bibb lettuce and citrus salad was the perfect combination of sweetness, tang and crunch. The pasta with lamb ragu, their ricotta and fresh mint was heavenly. It was our 35th wedding anniversary and they brought us beignets with delicious liquid caramel centers (and then the brownie bites!). I couldn't have imagined a more perfect meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Great food. Chef knows how to surprise eyes and the taste buds. Very good service. Prices are moderate to higher. One unexpected detail, which in this case I did not mind since service was great, there is a 20% gratituty included right away , even for 2 people table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Dutch MiamispectatorDined on 5/27/2014We ate at The Dutch Miami on Tuesday 5/27/14. THe food was delicious and the waiter was very knowledgeable about how the food was prepared. His recommendations were spot on and we had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very deliciousHblondVIPDined on 5/18/2014Tasty food, attentive staff. Hit many top restaurants in south beach / Miami beach this trip, everybody agreed that this was definitely the best meal. The lighting a bit too low though, couldn't read menu or see food (had to use iPhone flashlight, and I am young with perfect eyes). Even though we were the only people there, light can't be adjusted because it's on timers :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth it!Walt13Dined on 5/9/2014Fine American kitchen, with Italian charm. Agnoletti or yellowtail with water-melon are outstanding! Very good service, just prices could be a bit better :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Pretender75Dined on 5/2/2014We had a great experience at The Dutch Miami. Pablo our waiter was a big part of this wonderful experience. The food was great and we were recommended a great bottle of wine by the house sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and ServiceFoodjunkieDined on 5/2/2014My husband got there around 7p and it was empty inside the restaurant. Apparently there was a party of 70 outside. By 8 it was packed! The service was impeccable. We started with the sheep's milk ricotta and the butter lettuce with avocado, citrus, pistacios and buttermilk. Then we had the grilled pork chop with kimchee fried rice and sausage, and the Australian lamb saddle, goat cheese polenta and romesca. Both were out of this world and very filling. We couldn't even finish our meals and try dessert. Would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- DeliciousMariBVIPDined on 4/30/2014third time at the Miami location, and it's always great. This time it was a client dinner, and they couldn't have been happier. Food and service were both great, and not one bite went uneaten. Can't wait to go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014I have to say first off kudos to Chef Conor, for taking the tools and techniques he has learned from previous jobs and create such a perfect sensational menu for his first assignment as executive chef. The black truffle agnolotti was amazing! The service was spot on, Julio was very engaging and had a natural connection with the food and restaurant and knew every little detail about the food and restaurant, which in Miami goes by the wayside so much. Thank you all for a memorable dinner that I won't forgetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.