The Dunraven Inn
2470 Highway 66
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Dunraven Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dunraveninn.com/
- Phone: (970) 586-6409
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Marty Metz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Find us on Facebook for daily updates of weekly events!
A word from The Dunraven Inn
The Dunraven Inn is a special place for many people and we hope you will see why. We are especially proud of our staff, many of whom have worked for us for many years. Our goal is to provide great food and service, in a restaurant that is warm and friendly. We offer an extensive wine list that will compliment our food at a good value to you. Any questions you have regarding a wine or pairing a wine to your dinner, please feel free to ask! We have a fully stocked bar and serve many varieties of bottled beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Dunraven Inn - Best Restaurants in Estes Park ›
The Dunraven Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (58)romantic (57)good for groups (42)notable wine list (39)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- LionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Food & service were outstanding. Wife & I shared an excellent muscles appetizer, & my rib eye was absolutely delightful. Enjoyed the J. Lohr Cab Sauv. Restaurant not crowded the time we were there, so this could affect noise level rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we expectedWeekendRememberedDined on 11/8/2014It was a romantic dinner during a weekend to remember getaway. It was our date night and it went perfect. They help coordinate receiving flowers and having them on the table when we arrived and they were very supportive and positive with everyone smiling and appreciating the gesture. The mood and atmosphere was romantic and we were able to talk and hear each other. The server was was excellent. She was in a great mood and very helpful. The rib eye was better than perfect. We hadn't had a good rib eye for over a year. It was a relief to finally be able to have one of the best rib eye's possibly ever. Five stars from this couple.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014We were in town for a marriage conference. Part of the weekend was to go out on a date night. The Dunraven was a great choice. We had a nice relaxing meal. The grilled ribeye melted in your mouth. The server was attentive, but not pushy. We have visited Estes Park several times over the years, and after this experience, we look forward to another romantic evening at the Dunraven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Very easy to find down a very dark road. Small and romantic with very tasty food. Need reservations for sure since it is small. I saw some people waiting for a table but I am not sure if they had reservations. Great history in a little place. Filet was tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favorite for 37 years!WeRfoodiesDined on 11/1/2014What's not to love about the Dunraven Inn! It is always our go to restaurant when we are in Estes Park. Great menu offerings across many areas. Pasta excellent, fish always fresh, salads tasty and desserts delicious! They are a share!
- wonderful evening for twoBL1958Dined on 11/1/2014This is our special dinner spot when visiting Estes Park for special occasions, birthdays, anniversary, or bringing friends for their first experience at the Dunraven. We realized that it had been 3 three years since last dining here. We celebrated our 56th anniversary and realized the it had been that long because of the updated atmosphere, however, still had the warm, friendly, cozy ambiance of yesteryears. We had clams in shell, and mussels the best, wine excellent, service was friendly, timely and not rushed. The entire experience was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent service, excellent food, my very favorite restaurant of all time. I go there ever time I m in Estes Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome !!!!!MarjoncheDined on 10/25/2014This is a great small restaurant in the Estes Park area. Easy to find. The menu is awesome from fish to steaks, and is noted for it's Italian food. Service is great and the owner is friendly and usually present on site and strolls throught the tables to make sure all is well. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting a night out for a pleasant dinner with great food. Oh, and the wine list also has a lot of choices.Special Features:
- Unbeatable Estes Park restaurantGeneDined on 10/24/2014This is the best restaurant in Estes Park and there isn't a close second. The Italian dishes are wonderful but you can also get a great steak or seafood. It's a very intimate setting and you feel like you came to a family dinner. The hostess and wait staff are wonderful and very attentive. The wine list is also quite nice with a wider variety of new and old world wines at reasonable prices. Be forewarned, you can't just drop in and expect to get seated in a timely fashion. Reservations are mandatory and you can use Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gem of Estes ParkDonnaDined on 10/21/2014My family and I have been coming to the Dunraven Inn for well over 30 years. The food is always good and the service is top notch. The portions are large and my husband and I like the fact that for a nominal charge we can share an entree and each get a full sized salad and bread with our meal. We love the atmosphere, the food, and the people at the Dunraven!Special Features:
- A Magbical Place80247Dined on 10/20/2014We drove up the Big Thompson Canyon from Loveland with the top down on the Solara convertible. After we saw five elk at various locations on the side of the road. They were so magnificent we stopped twice.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysDallasdinerVIPDined on 10/19/2014Another great meal at the Dunraven! While there have been some changes over the years with change in ownership, the important things remain the same - great food and great service. After many years dining here, we now can say that we plan trips to Estes Park around the Dunraven! We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on our list!maryfromdallasDined on 10/18/2014We come to Estes Park about twice a year and The Dunraven Inn is always on our list of restaurants for dinner. We have gotten a little stuck ordering the same thing, veal parmesan, over and over but it is so good that we can't change. Service is always so nice too!Special Features:
- Awesome!!Ash87Dined on 10/17/2014Been going there for years! Absolutely love the atmosphere and the service and food is beyond exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at the DunravenJosephDined on 10/17/2014We had another great dinner at the Dunraven with friends. Two of us got chicken Parmesan, one got baked ziti, and one got The Lord Dunraven steak. Everything arrived in timely fashion, and all entrees were delicious. Our server, Erica, was excellent and aware of the gluten free needs of one of us. All the waitstaff and manager, Melissa, were friendly.Special Features:
- Always fun!RobddDined on 10/12/2014Consistently good food and a warm welcome by the owner and wait staff keep us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional ItallianFoodie1VIPDined on 10/11/2014We had to wait to be seated (over 30 min beyond our 8:00 p.m reservation). The bar area is very small, so it is hard to find a place to wait. The food is good and portions are substantial, and our server did an ok job, but nothing was exceptional. We enjoyed the mussels, eggplant parmesan, and baked ziti with shrimp. For dessert we had the rasberry sorbetto which was very good, but would have been more enjoyable if they had waited to start vacuuming until after the restaurant was closed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Admittedly, the restaurant was slammed the night my best friend and I went for dinner. We asked the server to take a picture of us and she said she was too busy and would come back later. Well, she didn't. C'mon it takes maybe a minute to snap someone's picture! Luckily for us the hostess came by and was very gracious about taking our photo.Special Features:
- I would not recommend Dunraven.KimmieJDined on 10/11/2014Our waitress was so nice and friendly! She worked very hard; however, the time it took for us to get our drink order taken was so long. Then, to get drinks was even longer. We ordered an appetizer, it also took a very long time. We finally got our dinner and the garlic mashed potatoes were cold and my spaghetti was mushy. Also, the prime rib was tough.
- Italian HighMartyDined on 10/10/2014Surprisingly good Italian spot high in the Rocky Mountains. Makes a great end to a day of hiking to sit in this wonderfully decorated restaurant, drinking from their excellent selection of beers and wine and enjoying a hearty pasta meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Fantastic service and food! You cannot go wrong dining here, 5 stars all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian dinner in Estes ParkMaryVIPDined on 10/9/2014Seemed to be very popular with locals. We had great service and the portions were large. The food was good but not really extraordinary.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good excellen foodItalyDined on 10/8/2014We ordered halibut,meatballs spaghetti Italian sausage, 7 cheese fettuccine, lasagne, grilled shrimp All FantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014My wife ordered the prime rib and I had the lobster baked ziti. Though the baked ziti was fine , my wife's prime rib appeared off-color and bland, something that would come from food that was micro-waved. For the price, we were hoping for something better. The calamari was good, but wish the cheese was melted on top of the maranara sauce. We hope to be back, since we live here and hope to see it succeed.
- Still goodjlinnoteDined on 10/4/2014A longtime fave, we have been coming about once a year for over 10 years (from out of town). We walked in and knew things had changed for the worse. The tables crammed in the entryway were an instant turnoff. My salad was from a bag and had some browned old lettuce. The bread sticks were different than the old foil pouch of garlic bread, but an improvement actually. The baked ziti was great but the meatball we had to send back to be warmed up in the microwave. The lobster ziti was delicious. Our biggest complaint was the "diner" brand of service. To the point of rudeness we felt rushed to eat and go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed at all!HornedFrogFoodieDined on 10/4/2014I honestly do not understand why this place is so popular or how it stays in business. We dined here on Saturday evening and the place was packed, which I thought was a good sign...wrong! The batter on the calamari was thick and completely tasteless. My husband's clam chowder had no seasoning at all. The breadsticks were stale and overly seasoned and were paired with a dipping sauce that totally clashed with the seasonings on the breadsticks. The lobster ziti sadly also suffered from a lack of seasoning and was overcooked. The seafood in my cioppino was rubbery. My youngest said his chicken fingers were "gross". And despite the poor quality food, it was really expensive. We will certainly save our money and go elsewhere in the future.
- Great ExperienceGeorgeDined on 10/3/2014They had our table waiting when we arrived the service, food and ambiance were all great.Special Features:
- 43 years later still greatTryitoutDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I honeymooned in Estes Park, CO 43 years ago and chose to eat at the Dunraven Inn then. We never forgot the romance of this inn. Two children later and five grandchildren added in, along with many trips to Estes Park, my wife and I found ourselves once again together, just the two of us,in Estes Park. I made a reservation through Open Table at the Dunraven Inn. It had been 43 years but all that love came back during our time there. The staff were so friendly, the food fantastic. We will not wait another 43 years to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstaning romantic eveningRockyDined on 9/30/2014Outstanding Italian entrees! The Roasted Pepper soup was also outstanding. Dunraven Inn will be a repeat for us!Special Features:
- Great,as always!EPLocalDined on 9/28/2014The Dunraven is not only popular with guests to Estes Park, but is also a favorite of local residents. The food is consistently excellent, hosts and servers enjoy their jobs. Creamy garlic salad dressing is the best! Be sure to make a reservation - it fills up fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancyDined on 9/28/2014We use to visit this restaurant frequently and moved away. We just recently returned to the area and was excited about our meal. The server advised us that the restaurant had been bought out by a new owner since we were last there. The shrimp was so overly breaded that there was no taste of shrimp. Our server offered to return it and bring something else but that meant my husband and I would be eating separately. The spaghetti was dry with very little sauce and my husbands lasagna was a clump of cheese and very little meat. NOT THE QUALITY that was always present with the previous owners!! Certainly would never return!!!
- Loved itGertSamDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I absolutely loved it. The food was great and the drinks were delicious. We both look forward to coming back and indulging our senses once againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ScallopsbrockrbDined on 9/27/2014The scallops were excellent. The sauce is a little rich (for my taste) so I recommend having your side be the bed of angel hair pasta so that they're not sitting in the bowl of sauce.Special Features:
- Wow!LuvGr8DiningDined on 9/27/2014Possibly the best dining experience we've ever had. The owner and his staff went out of their way to make our anniversary dinner a special one. The service was excellent, as was the food. We will be recommending it to everyone and certainly will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HBDDLAJDined on 9/25/2014Always great food and service. It was a evening meal and birthday celebration that was the best. We enjoy all the menu items and have been dining at the Dunraven for 20 years. The new owners have improved the interior and held to the quality that has been The Dunraven Inn for the last two decades. Highly recommend a reservation. Our favorite with an menu item is the polenta side.Special Features:
- AwesomeKSDogDined on 9/20/2014Awesome location, food & service. Advance reservations are recommended. Amazing service & selection of entrees. Cute little restaurant with lots of character & great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wasn't expecting this good!DiningDaveDined on 9/20/2014Our dining experiences in Estes Park had been comical based on the service staff. The Dunraven service staff was exceptional and friendly. You could watch the staff in action and tell that they were on task with no confusion. We went into to the main dining room which was warm and charming. (request seating in here) The food was wonderful...I had been craving Lasagna and it was very good. I also got the upgrade seasonal salad and it was awesome. My wife had the shrimp scampi and loved the large shrimps. For dessert, we ordered the carrot cake and it was incredible!! It was large enough for four people. I give them an A+ on both food and service!!! They've got it going on at Dunraven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Italian food and wineWyoDinerDined on 9/19/2014The Dunraven Inn has consistently been among my favorites for Italian food, and their wine list is extensive and moderately priced. I have eaten there most years for the past 15 or so and it's service and food can't be beat. You might not want to sit in the cramped back room with a table full of college kids next to you, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came back again.Jeffry13Dined on 9/19/2014We last visited Estes Park about 6 years ago and we had to come back. The dollar bills in the walls and the atmosphere were nice. The service was top notch, very efficient waiters kept the water glasses full. Nice menu, some things were a bit pricy. I had he Alfredo and it ws a strong basil garlic flavor, a bit much for me. The meatballs were exceptional and you could order a small serving. I will come back when I return to RMNP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Every time I am in Estes Park I make sure and eat at the Dunraven. The food is excellent, the wine list is well thought out (if small) and the oprices are very reasonable.Special Features: