The Dunraven Inn
2470 Highway 66
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Dunraven Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dunraveninn.com/
- Phone: 9705866409
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Marty Metz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Find us on Facebook for daily updates of weekly events!
A word from The Dunraven Inn
The Dunraven Inn is a special place for many people and we hope you will see why. We are especially proud of our staff, many of whom have worked for us for many years. Our goal is to provide great food and service, in a restaurant that is warm and friendly. We offer an extensive wine list that will compliment our food at a good value to you. Any questions you have regarding a wine or pairing a wine to your dinner, please feel free to ask! We have a fully stocked bar and serve many varieties of bottled beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Dunraven Inn - Best Restaurants in Estes Park ›
The Dunraven Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (27)good for groups (20)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (10)scenic view (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- NewFoodieDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I both got steaks (prime rib and sirloin). They were cooked perfectly as ordered and came quickly. Portions of steak (10 oz each) and sides were generous for the price. Our calamari appetizer wasn't the best...a little rubbery, but overall everything was pretty good. The worst part was sitting near a huge, loud party for most of our meal. Service was fast and friendly.Special Features:
- Italy in the RockiesGeneDined on 7/16/2014If you like variety of Italian food , mixed with an excellent selection of meat and fish, then the Dunraven is the place for you. They also have a great wine list, considering their location. A bonus is the fact that dining is in a casual atmosphere. It is, by far , the best restaurant I'm the Estes Parl area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular, but so-so foodSnowBirdsDined on 7/16/2014This restaurant is popular in Estes Park year-round, which is unusual because Estes is dead in the winter. The old Inn is a wonderful building, right on the edge of the road and a short distance from the YMCA. But the food leaves a lot to be desired - the Halibut on special wasn't Halibut, and seemed as if it were cooked the previous day.Special Features:
- Insanely deliciousMrsWisdomEatsDined on 7/15/2014My Gouda cheese stuffed filet swith a side of Alfredo was so perfect that my eyes rolled to the back of my head in pure love and enjoyment. Over 8 nights of our honeymoon in Estes Park, we ate all kinds of fare. The Dunraven Inn wins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysTwinSistersGalDined on 7/15/2014A favorite of locals and visitors. They seafood is especially good. My husband LOVES the ahi tuna and says it's the best in Colorado!Special Features:
- Shrimp to Die ForOmahaDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I once again returned to the Dunraven Inn in Estes Park for a wonderful meal and service. The fried shrimp were large and meaty and the spaghetti was exceptional. Our waiter gave us excellent service. The owner checked on us twice to make sure everything was to our expectations. Although we had reservations, there was a short wait for a table to become available. Our waiter brought us dessert with no charge due to our short wait. That was very thoughtful and appreciated. We will come back again next year when we return to Estes for our vacation.Special Features:
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2014Our second visit. We will always come here on our visits to Estes Park. Shared a mean that was split for us. An extra salad was provided with the $5 split fee - we'll worth the cost. A visual scan of other plates in the restaurant made me want to put together a "sample platter". All looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014This is a good place for celebration dinner; noise is accepted. This is not a good place for a quiet dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and staffLoriDined on 7/12/2014Best food in Estes and the best wait staff (Erika)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanneDined on 7/8/2014The food here isn't what I would call outstanding; however, it is very good. My husband had prime rib and I had lobster ... serving sizes were just right and everything was cooked to order. We would definitely eat there again next time we are in Estes Park.Special Features:
- mocon4Dined on 7/7/2014Made the drive from Grand Lake to Estes just to eat at the Dunraven Inn. Well worth it. Steaks were delicious and my son ordered a pasta dish he couldn't stop fawning over. Could not ask for better, friendlier service from ALL of the staff. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bade12313Dined on 7/5/2014For being in a tourist area, the food was better than expected. Great atmosphere and much nicer than other places in the area.Special Features:
- Great visitLuv2exploreDined on 7/5/2014The Dunraven Inn was outstanding. We got there early and hung out in their quirky little bar and had a great time visiting with the friendly patrons and staff. Seated promptly and was very well treated by Renee. She suggest some wonderful dishes and we had a great time. Looking forward to going again! Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at DunravenLovetodineDined on 7/2/2014My husband and I both got the stuffed fillet and lobster. Absolutely delicious. We ordered creamy garlic dressing with blue cheese crumbles for our salad and it was fabulous. We love this place. We live in Kansas. Whenever we go to Estes Park we eat here!Special Features:
- Very Pleasant eveningEstesParkfavoriteDined on 6/28/2014Always a good restaurant, the Dunraven hit all the targets this night, Excellent food (Chioppino equal to best we had in San Francisco), pleasant, efficient waitress and reasonably priced. Estes is a low key, rustic place and the Dunraven Inn fits the feel of the area while still being a quality restaurant. You can spend more but not sure why you would want to. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/27/2014The Dunraven... More like the fun-raven! Andy, his staff and the food were fantastic as always! Can't wait until our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favesMtnPrincessDined on 6/25/2014Outstanding food in a quaint environment. We go back year after year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as evertankDined on 6/22/2014We frequent the Dunraven very often and have done so for many years. It is always a great spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistenly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Dunraven is a consistent pleasant experience. Great food at reasonable price.
- We Love the Dunraven!Ruth5EricDined on 6/20/2014My boyfriend and I have been going to the Dunraven for 5 years! I know this because on Friday we celebrated our 5th anniversary there and it was awesome! Andy and his staff are so friendly. They remember us everytime we go. They even treated us to some special treats! We just love everything about the Dunraven. From the wonderful wine selection, to the absolutely unbeatable food, to the unique atmosphere! It is totally worth a drive and set right next to the Fall River just outside of Estes Park it is gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pesto Pasta. Terrible BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Great Pesto Pasta. Terrible Bread. Wonderful Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XCCCoachDined on 6/18/2014Lasagna was great. Trout special was cold and undercooked. When another was brought, flavor was not good, however they apologized and only charged half price for it. Should have stuck with Italian at Italian Restaurant. Service was very attentive, from beginning to endSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dunraven Inn - a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2014The Dunraven Inn has been a favorite of ours for years. The food is excellent; the service is always great. Italian - wonderful. Steaks - more wonderful - take it from someone from Iowa, who knows good beef - Dunraven's steaks are great. Fish - great fresh fish. Who would think of finding fresh fish in Colorado? (Well, other than trout) Dunraven has salmon, halibut, tuna, mussels and a number of others. The service is always great because wait staff stays for years and years. A sign of a good employer. The owner, Andy Morgan, is very involved in the day to day operations. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.Special Features:
- Good Pesto, Average BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The chicken pesto was delicious. The bread is very average.Special Features:
- horrible waitress unfortunatelyJoshDined on 6/15/2014I have been to dunraven for about 20 years. Great place. unfortunately Sunday night we had pretty poor service from our waitress. Our dinner took close to 2 hrs for us to complete. our salads came out at the same time as our dinner. A party of 12 that came in after us and ordered after us got their dinner and was gone before we got anything on our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even regulars get surprised...LeAnnDined on 6/13/2014We come to dine every time we are in Estes. However, you blew out socks off! The lasagna & Caesar salad we order regularly....but tonight it was even more spectacular!! Thanks for the wonderful memories & pleased palate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dreary and dirtymrtri40Dined on 6/12/2014Don't know why people rave about this place. It was dark and dreary and when we asked if they could open the blinds we were told no. The furniture was old and beat up. The window ledge was dusty and dirty. Now the food..terrible but there was plenty of it. Over cooked pasta, salad from a bag drenched in tasteless dressing, stale bread and a meatball the size of my head that was hard as a rock. You would be better off opening a can of Chef Boyardee.
- The Go-To Place in Estes ParkstevecVIPDined on 6/9/2014The food, usually very good, was outstanding. You need OpenTable because it fills up with locals most every night.Special Features:
- FavoritePipOTDined on 6/7/2014Had our reception here, and always come back for dinners when re return to Estes Park. Consistently excellent food and great service. Many happy memories of the Dunraven. Free desert on your anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2IndyfoodiesDined on 6/1/2014Went to Dunraven as a suggestion from someone we had just met. We were very pleased with our meals as well as the service. We would deffinately plan another meal here next time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very busy but nice food.RiceFamilyDined on 5/31/2014The staff are very friendly and prompt. The food is tasty & the cannolis are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014We have been going to Estes Park for 46 years and the Dunraven Inn is by far the best restaurant in town. Thanks AndySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DinnerDined on 5/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner with out-of-towners. The food and service were great! Thanks.Special Features:
- Lousy FoodpepperballsDined on 5/26/2014I ordered spaghetti and meatballs. I don't know how your chef makes meatballs but you should fire him as they were the worst meatballs I have ever tasted. It tasted like he put a whole can of pepper in them. The people I was with tasted them and agreed. The spaghetti was spicy and I didn't enjoy the meal at all. I left and went out and sat in the car while the others ate. My husband has the chicken parmesan and said it should have been breaded..it would have been more tasteful. The staff was satisfactory. The food....I will not be back. This is not the first time we have dined with you. My daughter seems to like your food but the few times we've been there, we haven't had an enjoyable meal.pee
- Was fine. Nothing special.HBBearDined on 5/25/2014Waiter seemed fine and helpful. We didn't receive the breadstick that was to come with each of our meals and I saw on the menu that you had to pay if you wanted more than one breadstick. Sounds petty but it also made the experience seem cheap to me. No whole-wheat pasta available either. Just seemed kind of expensive for a pasta dinner.Special Features:
- Superb Food, Excellent AmbienceKimKayDined on 5/24/2014It was a rainy, cold, day as we were trying to be good tourists in Estes Park. What a delight to walk into the funky Dunraven Inn and to be greeted from beginning to end with warm, friendly people. It felt like a tucked out of the way place where locals go for family celebrations or for groups of friends to meet. The demographic was wonderful-people of all ages. And then the food-wow! I'm suspicious of seafood in Colorado but I had the best halibut I've possibly ever had. My husband had a traditional Italian dish and enjoyed it to the last drop. I'm glad we had a reservation as the restaurant was brimming over with people, and I totally understand why. I feel like we "discovered" the culinary jewel of Estes Park.Special Features:
- Great foodAndyGDined on 5/24/2014We booked a table for this memorial day weekend and this was the only restaurant with reservations left and we weren't sure what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised though. The food was very good. I had a caesar salad which was the best I have had in a long time, and a steak and baked potato. My son had the meatballs and I had a taste - they were very good also. I will definitely go back next time I am staying in Estes Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, unique restaurantDebTDined on 5/24/2014Went for dinner with several friends on a Saturday night. The menu is excellent, it was hard choosing because it all sounded so good. We loved our appetizers and dinners, the food was very fresh and perfectly prepared and the wait staff are on top of things. It is fairly small and warm, especially when it fills up in there. I'd love to see them expand or add a sunroom for more space. But we loved it and I will return again and again to try other items on the menu. Very rustic, charming and unique decor too.Special Features:
- Best in EstesCajunDinerDined on 5/21/2014The Dunraven Inn is a local's favorite for many reasons. The staff are friendly and know the menu well. The menu is a mix of Italian dishes, steaks, and seafood. All of the seafood is flown in fresh. I suggest that you try the fried shrimp or the scallops. If steaks are more to your liking, the rib eyes are amazing, so tender and prepared just the way you like. My favorite Italian dish is the Eggplant Parmesan. No matter what you order, it will come cooked to order and with a smile from your server.Special Features:
- SpectacularLove2travelDined on 5/20/2014Several friends had recommended the Dunraven, so we took their advice. They did not steer us wrong. The restaurant was a very interesting place. The staff were friendly & knowledgable. The food was amazing -- to say the least. From the appetizer to the salad dressing (creamy garlic) to the creamy tomato soup to the shrimp, lasagne, and spaghetti & meatballs (we visited twice in 3 days). And don't forget dessert -- you'll be sorry. We recommend the cannoli. ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.