The Dunraven Inn
2470 Highway 66
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Dunraven Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dunraveninn.com/
- Phone: 9705866409
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Marty Metz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Find us on Facebook for daily updates of weekly events!
A word from The Dunraven Inn
The Dunraven Inn is a special place for many people and we hope you will see why. We are especially proud of our staff, many of whom have worked for us for many years. Our goal is to provide great food and service, in a restaurant that is warm and friendly. We offer an extensive wine list that will compliment our food at a good value to you. Any questions you have regarding a wine or pairing a wine to your dinner, please feel free to ask! We have a fully stocked bar and serve many varieties of bottled beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Dunraven Inn - Best Restaurants in Estes Park ›
The Dunraven Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)neighborhood gem (79)romantic (58)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (34)notable wine list (33)kid-friendly (24)hot spot (19)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Dunraven AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Great food. Great martini. Too close for comfort. Noisy. Our 26th anniversary and we were placed in an area with high traffic and lots of noise. I probably would not recommend this for a romantic special occasion, but for family dinning.Special Features:
- Was OK, nothing specialPBJ10Dined on 8/23/2014You Really need a reservation as they are extremely busy. Seems to be a neighborhood favorite. The staff was very friendly and prompt. The food was good but not exceptional. Portions were to large, need to be able to doggy bag it. Only really complaint I would have is the very high noise level and the tables are to close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dunraven Estes ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We go there every year when on vacation in Estes Park, CO. My favorite is the calamari maranera. the atmosphere is wonderful with great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly very good, make reservationsfussydiner5Dined on 8/20/2014We had a very good meal here with the notable exception of the eggplant, which was not thin-sliced as described on the menu, and simply not good. However the waiter promptly acknowledged that the person at the table found it unacceptable and offered to replace it. Then only put the eggplant on the bill, not the more expensive substitute. The Alfredo was unremarkable, but it is hard to make it otherwise. Everything else was VERY good, including the fish. The place is loud/noisy, but we knew that going in, so not an issue. We'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- leslieDined on 8/20/2014We have been going to this restaurant over many years and it is always consistently good!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We have been to the dunraven inn many times. Table was great. We had asked for a quieter spot in our request and they handled. Most of the food was underwhelming. We have always liked before but this time was just disappointing. Eggplant (usually good) was tough and bitter. Waitress nice enough but not very tuned in. Will certainly go again because this is one of our traditions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningCorkyDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful Italian food, very friendly people, excellent service and they don't rush you. I can't think of a better place for an occasion or a wonderful evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday GatheringLoveToHikeDined on 8/16/2014Dunraven accommodated us when we needed to change the reservation at the last minute, to a later start time. We arrived and they sat us promptly. Service was prompt and efficient, with no rush to get us out of there. Perfect for a family gathering and birthday celebration. Food was excellent, with an excellent mix of subtle flavors. We like to cook and I hate going to restaurants that serve dishes we can produce at home. I was not disappointed with our choice for an evening celebration. We had 8 people at the table, each getting a different dish, all unique. It was a wonderful time of sharing dishes.Special Features:
- Quality of food was not thereTexasgirlDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant came recommended by a friend but the food quality was very poor. The breadsticks were hard, the salad came straight from a bag, the service was very slow and it was very loud inside. I would not dine here again on a repeat visit to Estes Park.Special Features:
- Time for a remodel... seriously!nannervDined on 8/16/2014Ok... I am thrilled that Estes Park is thriving this summer after the devastating floods... But... now I look everywhere and see places like the Dunraven as lazy! I see it all over Estes....There are many businesses that could provide better... and not just count on the tourists that may never come back. I want to want to come back.... I'm not sure if the great food was worth the rest.... It's time to give the customers the ambiance or at least a little better environment to enjoy the great food! The food is amazing and felt it was worth every penny.... The wait staff is also the best! .... but why should I sit in a dirty ugly place for that?Special Features:
- Great local placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The Dunraven is popular year round with locals as well as summer visitors. They do a great job!Special Features:
- Nice meal outPeajayDined on 8/16/2014When staying in Estes Park we generally make our own meals at the cabin but like to have one nice meal out. This was our second time at The Dunraven Inn and it was just as good as the first time! Knowing it would be busy, we made reservations and were seated as soon as we arrived. The place was very busy which made it very loud. We were able to have conversation without the need to raise our voices but the server did have to lean in to hear us when she took our orders. The Bubbly Pomitini and Mona's Martini were very tasty! I had the Tortelloni and it was heavenly! My husband had the sirloin and it was cooked just right. I was a little disappointed in the Tiramisu-I've had better at chain restaurants. Overall it was a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Love it!PeteDined on 8/15/2014Awesome service every time we go! Had a couple great bottles of wine. Reminds me of great Italian dining we used to enjoy in upstate NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHard2pleaseDined on 8/15/2014Third visit. Seems to be going downhill. Food, meh. Good staff, very loud and uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Beyond ExcellentCorkyDined on 8/14/2014The Dunraven Inn is the one restaurant in Estes Park that you shouldn't miss. Though its specialty is Italian cooking, the chef has many other treats up his sleeve. The portions are generous and few people will be able to eat everything they've ordered. The food is served piping hot by a wait staff that is courteous and prompt, but they also know when to just let you eat and enjoy. Many people often use the restaurant for special occasions but my wife and I go just to enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishfoodieDined on 8/14/2014Had a wonderful meal served by an attentive knowledge able waitress.Special Features:
- Open Table reservation-bustsnapDined on 8/14/2014The Dunraven was just okay as a restaurant. Food was okay...nothing really special; not bad just not really memorable. The wait service however was very good!! However, the Open Table system/site we used to make/book our reservation was a failure. The Open Table system unilaterally changed the time of our reservation w/o our knowledge. The Dunraven, to their credit, called to ask why we had not made it to our reservation. Imagine our surprise to learn the res that the Dunraven got via Open Table was 45 min EARLIER than what we had entered and booked. Beware and dbl check.Special Features:
- Fine diningWalkerndDined on 8/13/2014Our favorite place to dine when visiting Estes Park. Whether enjoying the delicious trout dinner or indulging in the Italian food, it is all excellent. The ambience sets the tone for the evening and the outstanding service brings that added enjoyment you look for when dining out.Special Features:
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Best place in Estes Park to eat. It is a great place for families or a cozy dinner for two. The owner and staff make you feel special if it is your first visit or you dine there often. While in Estes be sure to stop in for a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 53rd AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our 50th anniversary at Dunnraven which was very pleasant so decided to repeat on our 53rd. Were not able to have flowers delivered (probably since it was Sunday) but everything else was great. The Alfredo was the best I ever had. The free desert was unexpected and very good. The young man who served us did a very nice job. We intend to repeat on our 54th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Estes Park must visitMarkettoDined on 8/8/2014Our large group had almost every selection from the large menu and everything was fantastic. The Tuna was amazing. The service was excellent. Must make reservations because even at 5pm on a Thursday night it was sold out. Excellent wine list. Been going to Estes Park for 30 years and this place is one of our favorites. Baldpate is our other must visit place but only for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lewie BurgerKatzDined on 8/8/2014Loved the Lewie Burger. What a great blend of flavors!Special Features:
- Good Dinner choiceABR1Dined on 8/7/2014We were looking for a restaurant in Estes Park that wasn't pizza or burgers. I had the lasagna with was really good. My husband had a roasted red pepper soup which he loved. He wasn't too excited about the 7 cheese fettuccine alfredo/lobster tail. There were lots of choices for kids as well. The drink special menu was extensive and had lots of drinks options that sounded yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placendlovescoDined on 8/7/2014We went to Dunraven for our 6 month anniversary while staying in Estes Park. The food was great. Loved the whole feel of the restaurant. Would definitely come back if we are ever in the area again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteDoonaMacDined on 8/6/2014This favorite of ours was just having an off night. It was exceptionally noisy and the food was nowhere near the norm. Our service from Renee could not have been better. We all have off nights, but we will definitely return.Special Features:
- good as evertankDined on 8/6/2014We have dined ere for over 20 years and even though it is a new owner it is still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!SherDined on 8/5/2014After going to the Dunraven for 25 years, we reserved a reservation through Open Table in July for an August date at 6:30 and arrived on time. We were told our reservations were at 7:30 and to come back in an hour! We had the confirmation from Open Table at 6:30 to no avail. They said it was a computer error and they didn't even try to accommodate us. The hostess set the blame on Open Table and was rather rude. Our son even had his wedding reception at the Dunraven five years ago when it was under different management. Sadly, we will never go back!
- Delicious DunravenKansasDorothyDined on 8/4/2014We have been eating at this restaurant for over 40 years. Food is consistently good. Pastas cooked perfectly. I had a steak for the first time and it was so tender and cooked perfectly. Great server and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicebigchimneyDined on 8/3/2014I'd advise getting a reservation; ours was for 6:15, and they seated us promptly, but the place was packed on a Sunday evening in early August. We each had wine, a salad, a pasta entree, and a strawberry sundae, all excellent. The prices are reasonable, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food experience in Estes ParkRoadWarriorAZVIPDined on 8/2/2014I'll admit it, I came in with a bit of an attitude. This was our last night in Estes Park, and up to that point, none of the restaurants impressed us. Our table wasn't ready when we arrived, so that put me off a bit too. But then, we met Forrest, our server, who somehow immediately turned my mood with his sincere friendliness, knowledge of the menu, and genuine interest in making our experience a good one. As for the food, the portions are huge. My salad alone could have been a meal, and it was fresh and crisp. The lasagna was well balanced with sauce and cheese, and the mussels were big and delightfully sauced. The wine list is modest, but good values. This is the only place we will eat at in the future in Estes Park!Special Features:
- Had to make a return triplikes2eatDined on 8/2/2014We had happened on this restaurant 3 years ago while vacationing in Estes Park. We did not have reservations and was lucky enough to get a table. The food was so good and the coziness of the restaurant was memorable enough to make sure we visited it again this year. We all had different entrees and they all were delicious. Be sure to make reservations, this place is always busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeJMG11VIPDined on 8/2/2014we had a wonderful time at the dunraven inn. the food was great. the service was excellent.Special Features:
- This is our second visit...catshadowVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is the second time we have visited the Dunraven in Estes Park. It is a VERY busy restaurant, so we were very glad that we had made dinner reservations. I definitely recommend eating in the older section of the restaurant as it is more authentic then the addition. It is a very lively restaurant, so don't expect quiet and romantic, but the food was very good and we had great service despite how busy the restaurant was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014We always have great food and love the ambiance of the restaurant. Save room for desert because they always have something delicious!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014The food was outstanding. Our visit was made more difficult as the address in open table was wrong and it took us to the wrong side of town. The parking was difficult. The service was good but it was very loud at our table. I would recommend the Dunraven in as the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EclecticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014An Irish name, a German atmosphere, and Italian food. Eclectic, but it works fantastically. My first time there, first of many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UndecidedDined on 7/26/2014All in all, it was good. They changedour reservations to a later time, which was accommodating. The restaurant was crowded. We were promptly seat, our waitress was friendly and the food was good. Some in our party liked it more than others. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Great find.DebIVIPDined on 7/26/2014The large menu allows everyone to find just what they're in the mood for. All four of us had some kind of seafood, some Italian dishes some not. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Our wonderful Hungarian waitresswas the best!Special Features:
- Excellent meal,friendly environmentt4twoDined on 7/25/2014Delicious chicken piccata and shrimp scampi. Best meal so far in Estes Park. Deserves it's 3 star rating by AAA.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best prime rib ever!LetsgobuffsDined on 7/23/2014The building was a lil suspect when we pulled up, the dollars on the wall when we walked in was a lil touristy but the staff was great and the food!Amazing food! Love the mona Lisas all over the walls and the intro on the menu was a big help to explain the dollars when you walk in. The prime rib to die for and the chocolate cake was so moist! Amazing! Thank you! Best prime rib in Estes Park!!!!!Special Features: