The Dunraven Inn
2470 Highway 66
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Dunraven Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dunraveninn.com/
- Phone: 9705866409
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Marty Metz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Find us on Facebook for daily updates of weekly events!
A word from The Dunraven Inn
The Dunraven Inn is a special place for many people and we hope you will see why. We are especially proud of our staff, many of whom have worked for us for many years. Our goal is to provide great food and service, in a restaurant that is warm and friendly. We offer an extensive wine list that will compliment our food at a good value to you. Any questions you have regarding a wine or pairing a wine to your dinner, please feel free to ask! We have a fully stocked bar and serve many varieties of bottled beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Dunraven Inn - Best Restaurants in Estes Park ›
The Dunraven Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)neighborhood gem (89)romantic (61)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (43)notable wine list (38)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (22)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great,as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The Dunraven is not only popular with guests to Estes Park, but is also a favorite of local residents. The food is consistently excellent, hosts and servers enjoy their jobs. Creamy garlic salad dressing is the best! Be sure to make a reservation - it fills up fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancyDined on 9/28/2014We use to visit this restaurant frequently and moved away. We just recently returned to the area and was excited about our meal. The server advised us that the restaurant had been bought out by a new owner since we were last there. The shrimp was so overly breaded that there was no taste of shrimp. Our server offered to return it and bring something else but that meant my husband and I would be eating separately. The spaghetti was dry with very little sauce and my husbands lasagna was a clump of cheese and very little meat. NOT THE QUALITY that was always present with the previous owners!! Certainly would never return!!!
- Excellent ScallopsbrockrbDined on 9/27/2014The scallops were excellent. The sauce is a little rich (for my taste) so I recommend having your side be the bed of angel hair pasta so that they're not sitting in the bowl of sauce.Special Features:
- Wow!LuvGr8DiningDined on 9/27/2014Possibly the best dining experience we've ever had. The owner and his staff went out of their way to make our anniversary dinner a special one. The service was excellent, as was the food. We will be recommending it to everyone and certainly will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKSDogDined on 9/20/2014Awesome location, food & service. Advance reservations are recommended. Amazing service & selection of entrees. Cute little restaurant with lots of character & great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wasn't expecting this good!DiningDaveDined on 9/20/2014Our dining experiences in Estes Park had been comical based on the service staff. The Dunraven service staff was exceptional and friendly. You could watch the staff in action and tell that they were on task with no confusion. We went into to the main dining room which was warm and charming. (request seating in here) The food was wonderful...I had been craving Lasagna and it was very good. I also got the upgrade seasonal salad and it was awesome. My wife had the shrimp scampi and loved the large shrimps. For dessert, we ordered the carrot cake and it was incredible!! It was large enough for four people. I give them an A+ on both food and service!!! They've got it going on at Dunraven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Italian food and wineWyoDinerDined on 9/19/2014The Dunraven Inn has consistently been among my favorites for Italian food, and their wine list is extensive and moderately priced. I have eaten there most years for the past 15 or so and it's service and food can't be beat. You might not want to sit in the cramped back room with a table full of college kids next to you, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came back again.Jeffry13Dined on 9/19/2014We last visited Estes Park about 6 years ago and we had to come back. The dollar bills in the walls and the atmosphere were nice. The service was top notch, very efficient waiters kept the water glasses full. Nice menu, some things were a bit pricy. I had he Alfredo and it ws a strong basil garlic flavor, a bit much for me. The meatballs were exceptional and you could order a small serving. I will come back when I return to RMNP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Every time I am in Estes Park I make sure and eat at the Dunraven. The food is excellent, the wine list is well thought out (if small) and the oprices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Badly overrated.BevolivesDined on 9/19/2014Very noisy and crowded. Food was very over seasoned. Chef seems to love garlic and oregano. Even the potato-mushroom soup contained oregano. Ordered meatball and Italian sausage spaghetti. Sausage was extremely undercooked. Couldn't cut through the casing. Questioned the sausage, chef said it was supposed to be pink inside. Not a good meal.
- Great seafood in the mountainsFarndogVIPDined on 9/19/2014Dun raven is located outside Estes Park and we were on vacation a few years ago and stopped - it was so good we went back the next night. Knowing I was going to be In the area, we had to go back. So glad we did, The scallops appetizer and halibut special were fantastic - others had steaks and both were ver good. Hope to be back again before too long.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuebelleDined on 9/18/2014Charming old restaurant, decorated with a sense of humour! I had Italian...delicious....my spouse , shrimp and stake! Very interesting bar menu, especially if you like your martini infused with pineapple. Great dining experience. Would recommend!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad, for Estes ParkPeterDined on 9/13/2014Unfortunately Estes Park has a dirth of decent restaurants. Dunraven was probably the best meal we had during a long weekend stay, but it wasn't perfect. The service was good, and the menu held some promise. I would say that the quality of the ingredients was good, but the cooking left something to be desired. My steak was well-done when I asked for medium, and the shrimp scampi was overcooked as well. The salad was edible but a bit limp. And the deserts were uninpiring. Again, this is about as good as you get in Estes, so if you find yourself there, this is a decent bet. Book a reservation if you are going to arrive around 6 as it gets busy at that time. Go later and you probably won't have a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food but too noisy!elliebethmvDined on 9/12/2014Open Table only lets you rate the noise level as quiet to energetic. I'd call the noise level here "almost deafening." Maybe it was just the night but the tables are very close together and there were a lot of large parties. Other than the noise level, we loved this place. The drinks were excellent, the food was great and the staff attentive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Our server Luke was very knowledgeable, fun atmosphere, good wine and cocktail options.Special Features:
- Been going here for 37 years!WeRfoodiesDined on 9/8/2014We never come to Estes Park without dining at the Dunraven. It is a family and business favorite. Food is always excellent, service wonderful and menu extensive. Nice combo of classic Italian with steaks and seafood entrees as well. Something for everyone. Unique atmosphere in the bar area with two nice dining rooms. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- One of our haunts when we visitMarciaDined on 9/8/2014We have been coming here for 25 years whenever we are in Estes Park. You will get a lot of food, so go hungry. It's not groundbreaking, but is a good value. The walls are don't-miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance PlusOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014The Dunraven is our favorite restaurant. They offer a wide variety of entrees served by the best wait staff in Estes Park. And although it may be tucked away in the Rocky Mountains, their fresh seafood is flown in daily. Try their scallops... they'll melt in your mouth. Don't visit Estes without spending an evening at the Dunraven.Special Features:
- BillGDined on 9/5/2014The food and service was outstanding! The restaurant is very noisy! We sat at a very small table. Our server had difficulty having enough room to set down our entrees. If you do not like crowded or very noisy restaurants, you should not go to The Dunraven Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!FortyninerDined on 9/5/2014Went here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Both of us had fresh fish. The wild caught salmon was delicious. The halibut was absolutely wonderful. Unlike many restaurants, the portions are just right.They gave us a dessert to split. Definotely would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmamaritaDined on 9/5/2014Have eaten at Dunn raven in many times. Over the past 40 years. You NEVER disappoint. Love the food, service was great. We'll be back! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I rememberedhappyhobosDined on 9/5/2014We had been there many years ago. Found it to be noisy, crowded, basic good food. This time chose to make an early reservation (4:30pm) found it quiet, intimate, great food, wonderful wine choice and the server was SUPERB! Best service we have ever had. We had an antipasto (high quality), soup (mushroom) - very good, and we shared a dinner of mushroom tortellini. Still took home to go bags. We chose the 14 hands wine (very excellent). Definitely will return and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Resraurant!Date2nightDined on 9/1/2014Greating from hostess was welcoming, our server was very good also. The food was fantastic and portions were well worth the price. We will deffinately be returning to dine there and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DunravenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and love to frequent the Dunraven everytime we come to Estes. The food is really the best in town and by far the best for Italian in the area. The scene at the Bar and in the main Dining room are very unique and make you feel very welcome and warm!Special Features:
- vacation in Estes parkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014This restaraunt had high ratings and the scallops and chocolate cake for dessert were fantastic. However the prime rib fell short of our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderousdvanpeltDined on 8/30/2014We have yet to eat at a restaurant in Estes Park that we didn't like. However, like all people we have our favorites for one reason or another. Dunraven is our favorite. Whether it is the ambiance, the fact they remember us from year to year, the excellent service or the $ bills on the wall you won't go wrong with this restaurant. (:Special Features:
- Fantastic!!Deb14Dined on 8/29/2014Our steak was cooked perfectly, the Bernaise sauce was to die for and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dunraven AnniversaryDeniwaitewantingromance1Dined on 8/27/2014Great food. Great martini. Too close for comfort. Noisy. Our 26th anniversary and we were placed in an area with high traffic and lots of noise. I probably would not recommend this for a romantic special occasion, but for family dinning.Special Features:
- Was OK, nothing specialPBJ10Dined on 8/23/2014You Really need a reservation as they are extremely busy. Seems to be a neighborhood favorite. The staff was very friendly and prompt. The food was good but not exceptional. Portions were to large, need to be able to doggy bag it. Only really complaint I would have is the very high noise level and the tables are to close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dunraven Estes ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We go there every year when on vacation in Estes Park, CO. My favorite is the calamari maranera. the atmosphere is wonderful with great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly very good, make reservationsfussydiner5Dined on 8/20/2014We had a very good meal here with the notable exception of the eggplant, which was not thin-sliced as described on the menu, and simply not good. However the waiter promptly acknowledged that the person at the table found it unacceptable and offered to replace it. Then only put the eggplant on the bill, not the more expensive substitute. The Alfredo was unremarkable, but it is hard to make it otherwise. Everything else was VERY good, including the fish. The place is loud/noisy, but we knew that going in, so not an issue. We'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- leslieDined on 8/20/2014We have been going to this restaurant over many years and it is always consistently good!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We have been to the dunraven inn many times. Table was great. We had asked for a quieter spot in our request and they handled. Most of the food was underwhelming. We have always liked before but this time was just disappointing. Eggplant (usually good) was tough and bitter. Waitress nice enough but not very tuned in. Will certainly go again because this is one of our traditions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningCorkyDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful Italian food, very friendly people, excellent service and they don't rush you. I can't think of a better place for an occasion or a wonderful evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday GatheringLoveToHikeDined on 8/16/2014Dunraven accommodated us when we needed to change the reservation at the last minute, to a later start time. We arrived and they sat us promptly. Service was prompt and efficient, with no rush to get us out of there. Perfect for a family gathering and birthday celebration. Food was excellent, with an excellent mix of subtle flavors. We like to cook and I hate going to restaurants that serve dishes we can produce at home. I was not disappointed with our choice for an evening celebration. We had 8 people at the table, each getting a different dish, all unique. It was a wonderful time of sharing dishes.Special Features:
- Quality of food was not thereTexasgirlDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant came recommended by a friend but the food quality was very poor. The breadsticks were hard, the salad came straight from a bag, the service was very slow and it was very loud inside. I would not dine here again on a repeat visit to Estes Park.Special Features:
- Time for a remodel... seriously!nannervDined on 8/16/2014Ok... I am thrilled that Estes Park is thriving this summer after the devastating floods... But... now I look everywhere and see places like the Dunraven as lazy! I see it all over Estes....There are many businesses that could provide better... and not just count on the tourists that may never come back. I want to want to come back.... I'm not sure if the great food was worth the rest.... It's time to give the customers the ambiance or at least a little better environment to enjoy the great food! The food is amazing and felt it was worth every penny.... The wait staff is also the best! .... but why should I sit in a dirty ugly place for that?Special Features:
- Great local placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The Dunraven is popular year round with locals as well as summer visitors. They do a great job!Special Features:
- Nice meal outPeajayDined on 8/16/2014When staying in Estes Park we generally make our own meals at the cabin but like to have one nice meal out. This was our second time at The Dunraven Inn and it was just as good as the first time! Knowing it would be busy, we made reservations and were seated as soon as we arrived. The place was very busy which made it very loud. We were able to have conversation without the need to raise our voices but the server did have to lean in to hear us when she took our orders. The Bubbly Pomitini and Mona's Martini were very tasty! I had the Tortelloni and it was heavenly! My husband had the sirloin and it was cooked just right. I was a little disappointed in the Tiramisu-I've had better at chain restaurants. Overall it was a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Love it!PeteDined on 8/15/2014Awesome service every time we go! Had a couple great bottles of wine. Reminds me of great Italian dining we used to enjoy in upstate NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.