The Dunraven Inn
2470 Highway 66
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Dunraven Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dunraveninn.com/
- Phone: 9705866409
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Marty Metz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Find us on Facebook for daily updates of weekly events!
A word from The Dunraven Inn
The Dunraven Inn is a special place for many people and we hope you will see why. We are especially proud of our staff, many of whom have worked for us for many years. Our goal is to provide great food and service, in a restaurant that is warm and friendly. We offer an extensive wine list that will compliment our food at a good value to you. Any questions you have regarding a wine or pairing a wine to your dinner, please feel free to ask! We have a fully stocked bar and serve many varieties of bottled beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Dunraven Inn - Best Restaurants in Estes Park ›
The Dunraven Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)neighborhood gem (93)romantic (60)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (40)notable wine list (36)kid-friendly (25)hot spot (21)scenic view (7)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not Bad, for Estes ParkPeterDined on 9/13/2014Unfortunately Estes Park has a dirth of decent restaurants. Dunraven was probably the best meal we had during a long weekend stay, but it wasn't perfect. The service was good, and the menu held some promise. I would say that the quality of the ingredients was good, but the cooking left something to be desired. My steak was well-done when I asked for medium, and the shrimp scampi was overcooked as well. The salad was edible but a bit limp. And the deserts were uninpiring. Again, this is about as good as you get in Estes, so if you find yourself there, this is a decent bet. Book a reservation if you are going to arrive around 6 as it gets busy at that time. Go later and you probably won't have a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food but too noisy!elliebethmvDined on 9/12/2014Open Table only lets you rate the noise level as quiet to energetic. I'd call the noise level here "almost deafening." Maybe it was just the night but the tables are very close together and there were a lot of large parties. Other than the noise level, we loved this place. The drinks were excellent, the food was great and the staff attentive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Our server Luke was very knowledgeable, fun atmosphere, good wine and cocktail options.Special Features:
- Been going here for 37 years!WeRfoodiesDined on 9/8/2014We never come to Estes Park without dining at the Dunraven. It is a family and business favorite. Food is always excellent, service wonderful and menu extensive. Nice combo of classic Italian with steaks and seafood entrees as well. Something for everyone. Unique atmosphere in the bar area with two nice dining rooms. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- One of our haunts when we visitMarciaDined on 9/8/2014We have been coming here for 25 years whenever we are in Estes Park. You will get a lot of food, so go hungry. It's not groundbreaking, but is a good value. The walls are don't-miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance PlusOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014The Dunraven is our favorite restaurant. They offer a wide variety of entrees served by the best wait staff in Estes Park. And although it may be tucked away in the Rocky Mountains, their fresh seafood is flown in daily. Try their scallops... they'll melt in your mouth. Don't visit Estes without spending an evening at the Dunraven.Special Features:
- BillGDined on 9/5/2014The food and service was outstanding! The restaurant is very noisy! We sat at a very small table. Our server had difficulty having enough room to set down our entrees. If you do not like crowded or very noisy restaurants, you should not go to The Dunraven Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!FortyninerDined on 9/5/2014Went here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Both of us had fresh fish. The wild caught salmon was delicious. The halibut was absolutely wonderful. Unlike many restaurants, the portions are just right.They gave us a dessert to split. Definotely would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmamaritaDined on 9/5/2014Have eaten at Dunn raven in many times. Over the past 40 years. You NEVER disappoint. Love the food, service was great. We'll be back! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I rememberedhappyhobosDined on 9/5/2014We had been there many years ago. Found it to be noisy, crowded, basic good food. This time chose to make an early reservation (4:30pm) found it quiet, intimate, great food, wonderful wine choice and the server was SUPERB! Best service we have ever had. We had an antipasto (high quality), soup (mushroom) - very good, and we shared a dinner of mushroom tortellini. Still took home to go bags. We chose the 14 hands wine (very excellent). Definitely will return and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Resraurant!Date2nightDined on 9/1/2014Greating from hostess was welcoming, our server was very good also. The food was fantastic and portions were well worth the price. We will deffinately be returning to dine there and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DunravenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and love to frequent the Dunraven everytime we come to Estes. The food is really the best in town and by far the best for Italian in the area. The scene at the Bar and in the main Dining room are very unique and make you feel very welcome and warm!Special Features:
- vacation in Estes parkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014This restaraunt had high ratings and the scallops and chocolate cake for dessert were fantastic. However the prime rib fell short of our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderousdvanpeltDined on 8/30/2014We have yet to eat at a restaurant in Estes Park that we didn't like. However, like all people we have our favorites for one reason or another. Dunraven is our favorite. Whether it is the ambiance, the fact they remember us from year to year, the excellent service or the $ bills on the wall you won't go wrong with this restaurant. (:Special Features:
- Fantastic!!Deb14Dined on 8/29/2014Our steak was cooked perfectly, the Bernaise sauce was to die for and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dunraven AnniversaryDeniwaitewantingromance1Dined on 8/27/2014Great food. Great martini. Too close for comfort. Noisy. Our 26th anniversary and we were placed in an area with high traffic and lots of noise. I probably would not recommend this for a romantic special occasion, but for family dinning.Special Features:
- Was OK, nothing specialPBJ10Dined on 8/23/2014You Really need a reservation as they are extremely busy. Seems to be a neighborhood favorite. The staff was very friendly and prompt. The food was good but not exceptional. Portions were to large, need to be able to doggy bag it. Only really complaint I would have is the very high noise level and the tables are to close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dunraven Estes ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We go there every year when on vacation in Estes Park, CO. My favorite is the calamari maranera. the atmosphere is wonderful with great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly very good, make reservationsfussydiner5Dined on 8/20/2014We had a very good meal here with the notable exception of the eggplant, which was not thin-sliced as described on the menu, and simply not good. However the waiter promptly acknowledged that the person at the table found it unacceptable and offered to replace it. Then only put the eggplant on the bill, not the more expensive substitute. The Alfredo was unremarkable, but it is hard to make it otherwise. Everything else was VERY good, including the fish. The place is loud/noisy, but we knew that going in, so not an issue. We'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- leslieDined on 8/20/2014We have been going to this restaurant over many years and it is always consistently good!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We have been to the dunraven inn many times. Table was great. We had asked for a quieter spot in our request and they handled. Most of the food was underwhelming. We have always liked before but this time was just disappointing. Eggplant (usually good) was tough and bitter. Waitress nice enough but not very tuned in. Will certainly go again because this is one of our traditions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningCorkyDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful Italian food, very friendly people, excellent service and they don't rush you. I can't think of a better place for an occasion or a wonderful evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday GatheringLoveToHikeDined on 8/16/2014Dunraven accommodated us when we needed to change the reservation at the last minute, to a later start time. We arrived and they sat us promptly. Service was prompt and efficient, with no rush to get us out of there. Perfect for a family gathering and birthday celebration. Food was excellent, with an excellent mix of subtle flavors. We like to cook and I hate going to restaurants that serve dishes we can produce at home. I was not disappointed with our choice for an evening celebration. We had 8 people at the table, each getting a different dish, all unique. It was a wonderful time of sharing dishes.Special Features:
- Quality of food was not thereTexasgirlDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant came recommended by a friend but the food quality was very poor. The breadsticks were hard, the salad came straight from a bag, the service was very slow and it was very loud inside. I would not dine here again on a repeat visit to Estes Park.Special Features:
- Time for a remodel... seriously!nannervDined on 8/16/2014Ok... I am thrilled that Estes Park is thriving this summer after the devastating floods... But... now I look everywhere and see places like the Dunraven as lazy! I see it all over Estes....There are many businesses that could provide better... and not just count on the tourists that may never come back. I want to want to come back.... I'm not sure if the great food was worth the rest.... It's time to give the customers the ambiance or at least a little better environment to enjoy the great food! The food is amazing and felt it was worth every penny.... The wait staff is also the best! .... but why should I sit in a dirty ugly place for that?Special Features:
- Great local placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The Dunraven is popular year round with locals as well as summer visitors. They do a great job!Special Features:
- Nice meal outPeajayDined on 8/16/2014When staying in Estes Park we generally make our own meals at the cabin but like to have one nice meal out. This was our second time at The Dunraven Inn and it was just as good as the first time! Knowing it would be busy, we made reservations and were seated as soon as we arrived. The place was very busy which made it very loud. We were able to have conversation without the need to raise our voices but the server did have to lean in to hear us when she took our orders. The Bubbly Pomitini and Mona's Martini were very tasty! I had the Tortelloni and it was heavenly! My husband had the sirloin and it was cooked just right. I was a little disappointed in the Tiramisu-I've had better at chain restaurants. Overall it was a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Love it!PeteDined on 8/15/2014Awesome service every time we go! Had a couple great bottles of wine. Reminds me of great Italian dining we used to enjoy in upstate NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHard2pleaseDined on 8/15/2014Third visit. Seems to be going downhill. Food, meh. Good staff, very loud and uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Beyond ExcellentCorkyDined on 8/14/2014The Dunraven Inn is the one restaurant in Estes Park that you shouldn't miss. Though its specialty is Italian cooking, the chef has many other treats up his sleeve. The portions are generous and few people will be able to eat everything they've ordered. The food is served piping hot by a wait staff that is courteous and prompt, but they also know when to just let you eat and enjoy. Many people often use the restaurant for special occasions but my wife and I go just to enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishfoodieDined on 8/14/2014Had a wonderful meal served by an attentive knowledge able waitress.Special Features:
- Open Table reservation-bustsnapDined on 8/14/2014The Dunraven was just okay as a restaurant. Food was okay...nothing really special; not bad just not really memorable. The wait service however was very good!! However, the Open Table system/site we used to make/book our reservation was a failure. The Open Table system unilaterally changed the time of our reservation w/o our knowledge. The Dunraven, to their credit, called to ask why we had not made it to our reservation. Imagine our surprise to learn the res that the Dunraven got via Open Table was 45 min EARLIER than what we had entered and booked. Beware and dbl check.Special Features:
- Fine diningWalkerndDined on 8/13/2014Our favorite place to dine when visiting Estes Park. Whether enjoying the delicious trout dinner or indulging in the Italian food, it is all excellent. The ambience sets the tone for the evening and the outstanding service brings that added enjoyment you look for when dining out.Special Features:
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Best place in Estes Park to eat. It is a great place for families or a cozy dinner for two. The owner and staff make you feel special if it is your first visit or you dine there often. While in Estes be sure to stop in for a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 53rd AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our 50th anniversary at Dunnraven which was very pleasant so decided to repeat on our 53rd. Were not able to have flowers delivered (probably since it was Sunday) but everything else was great. The Alfredo was the best I ever had. The free desert was unexpected and very good. The young man who served us did a very nice job. We intend to repeat on our 54th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Estes Park must visitMarkettoDined on 8/8/2014Our large group had almost every selection from the large menu and everything was fantastic. The Tuna was amazing. The service was excellent. Must make reservations because even at 5pm on a Thursday night it was sold out. Excellent wine list. Been going to Estes Park for 30 years and this place is one of our favorites. Baldpate is our other must visit place but only for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lewie BurgerKatzDined on 8/8/2014Loved the Lewie Burger. What a great blend of flavors!Special Features:
- Good Dinner choiceABR1Dined on 8/7/2014We were looking for a restaurant in Estes Park that wasn't pizza or burgers. I had the lasagna with was really good. My husband had a roasted red pepper soup which he loved. He wasn't too excited about the 7 cheese fettuccine alfredo/lobster tail. There were lots of choices for kids as well. The drink special menu was extensive and had lots of drinks options that sounded yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placendlovescoDined on 8/7/2014We went to Dunraven for our 6 month anniversary while staying in Estes Park. The food was great. Loved the whole feel of the restaurant. Would definitely come back if we are ever in the area again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteDoonaMacDined on 8/6/2014This favorite of ours was just having an off night. It was exceptionally noisy and the food was nowhere near the norm. Our service from Renee could not have been better. We all have off nights, but we will definitely return.Special Features: