502 Main Street
Sturbridge, MA 01566Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theducksturbridge.com/
- Phone: 5083472321x
- Hours of Operation:
lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Fecteau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Sarah J Gottlieb 8602351286x
- Entertainment: Entertainment provided every Monday evening, as we as Thursday through Saturday nights.
A word from The Duck
Welcome to the The Duck! We are proud to have our master chefs, Enrico Giovanello and Nick Faucher at the helm, serving up delightful new menus that you are sure to fall in love with. Ask our professional waitstaff or mixologists about our perfectly created signature cocktails, ice cold local draft beer selections, or an artfully paired glass of wine. Top it all off with Chef Patrick Farrelly's signature 'Pattycakes' desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Duck - Best Restaurants in Sturbridge ›
The Duck reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (16)good for groups (14)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great afternoonRoseDined on 8/28/2014My friend suggested meeting at The Duck, I am so glad we did. Unless you were looking for it, you probably would drive right by it. There is plenty of parking in behind the restaurant. The Duck looks like an old barn inside, I love rustic. The waitress was very nice and suggeted a great white wine. We both got the lunch special of half a sandwich and a cup of butternut soup. The chicken salad on Focasia bread was great. I have been eating out lately and this is probably the best lunch I have had. No foo foo, just good basic food. We shared the chocolate gooey dessert. The restaurante was not crowded so we were able to have a nice relaxing lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic and interestingpurrformerDined on 8/24/2014The menu here combines some New England standards with some locovore specials, making it an excellent place to take out-of-town guests. Great selection of beer but the wine list could use some more variety and benefit from some higher-quality wines that would better complement some of the menu selections. We came on a Sunday night and felt a bit rushed because of the early closing time. Pay attention to the posted hours when making your plans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great, food just okBizzy57Dined on 8/23/2014I was disappointed with everything but the service. I booked my Dad's 85th birthday luncheon here for 8 people weeks in advance. They squeezed us into a corner and the food was a real mixed bag. Don't order the "strip steak" on the lunch menu - you will be surprised by a piece of london broil on a bed of mesclun with french fries. We have been twice before to the Duck and loved the food. We had a great server - Kathleen. She had great timing and was very friendly and pleasant. She did comp my father's meal which is all you can expect. All in all we had a good time but it was in spite of the ambience. The chciken, cod and salmon that others had were very good.
- EnjoysagoodmealEnjoysagoodmealDined on 8/16/2014We ate at the Duck on Saturday the 16th of August with another couple and we can't wait to go back. Our salads, entrees and desserts were "top notch". Two of us had the swordfish special (outstanding), one had the haddock (outstanding) and another the chicken parm (again outstanding). Our Server Kay was excellent. She made us feel like family and did a great job. We thank the entire team for a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerCher344Dined on 8/13/2014Met friends for dinner. Food was good and served nice and hot. Our waiter was very attentive and we were served in a timely manner. Restaurant was quiet on a Wednesday evening. Would go there again and would recommend to a friend. Menu, however, was a little pricey. Would only go for special occasions rather than regular dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the 20 mile tripOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014It's been years since we dined at the restaurant on the first floor (as memory serves was also good) and some friends recommended we try the Duck on the second floor. We were favorably impressed with the décor; service and entertainment. We will go back with friends.
- Visit to DuckTSLSVIPDined on 8/9/2014I had been a regular visitor to the Duck years ago, perhaps 6 - 7 times per year. I found myself back in the area and booked a dinner for six. The Duck has changed for the better in terms of food quality and I found the service excellent. I did find the prices a bit higher than I remember. Overall, it was a nice experience. The guitar player was very good and added some welcome ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The DuckAnnBirthdayDined on 8/1/2014Two couples went out to celebrate my wife's birthday at the Duck, Tammy the waitress was great fun and the service she supplied was top notch. Would recommend highly to anyone looking for good food and fun night out at a local restaurant. Since the four of us have known each other for over twenty years we always seem to share our food, therefore it was like having four meals in one BTW all four were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014service was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Back to the great dining at the Duck!Special Features:
- MikeDined on 7/20/2014enjoyed the food, the service was very good and friendlySpecial Features:
- Delightful experienceluvuduck4Dined on 7/16/2014We have met here for lunch,the last two months and consider it the best place for a quiet conversation_- great food and lovely wait staff experience. The cheddar ,bacon and marmalade sandwich is the stuff of dreams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Duck is a winner!luvfoodandwineDined on 7/11/2014EXCELLENT! If you are in the Brimfield area you must go!Special Features:
- Terrific food!jwtravelerDined on 7/10/2014This restaurant was recommended during our vacation. We were very pleased. Their fries (appetizer) were sensational - fried in duck fat, served with truffle oil and parmesan. My main - bouillabaisse - was delicious. Tons of fresh seafood in a fantastic sauce. My partner's meal - scallops - were very good, too. The atmosphere was great and our server - Dominique was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice new findLovegoodfoodDined on 7/7/2014The service was outstanding from start to finish. We were greeted quickly and seated for lunch. The food was very good and all 5 of us enjoyed the restaurant. Of particular note were the salmon and clam chowder. Salads were huge and fresh with quality ingredients. We ordered 2 desserts and planned to share. She even split the scoop of ice cream into 2 cute dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Saturday evening early dinner. Good quality ingredients with generous portions. Live acoustic duo singing Baby-boomers classics and folk music. Very pleasant ambiance. Limited but reasonably priced wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitpattylouDined on 6/21/2014Sat. nite, had great scallops with roasted strawberries. Loved the music. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Never againFormerexecchefDined on 6/20/2014Seated at table in middle of room with constant traffic passing by two feet from chair. Normally not the end of the world, each step could be felt, very distracting. Asked hostess to move to one of the empty tables and she said no because they were for parties of four. Our waitress approached as we decided to leave. Clearly, this is a known problem because we didn't have to explain. She later brought the manager Brad to speak to us and he was ridiculous. Made excuses for the floor, but bottom line? This table shouldn't be there. We both have enough fine dining work experience to know that! If you are going to go (and I say don't! Go to Rovezzi's instead!) make sure to ask for Cheryl. Professional AND exceptional customer service.
- Nice quiet dinner - this time!PaullafDined on 6/4/2014I don't want readers to get the wrong impression. The Duck is generally not a quiet place. There is entertainment Thursday through Saturday and sometimes on Sunday but Wednesday night was quiet and dim. Not dungeon dim, but romantic dim with oil candles on all the tables. Reminds me of the old Duck where my wife and I have gone to dinner for years. PaulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014Excellent food and service as usual! It was a packed Saturday night so it was hard to hear the live music and we were right next to the singer...so that was a bummer. We picked the chefs choice dessert and were delightfully surprised when we opened it at home later to enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!bahnzieDined on 5/25/2014At least once a year over the past 20 years, our family has met at the Whistling Swan (conveniently located halfway between the Boston and Hartford areas). We haven't been back for a while, but we were pleasantly surprised to see that the food was wonderful at The Duck. All four of us had different choices for dinner, and all were quite pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceBizzy57Dined on 5/24/2014If you're in the area - don't miss it. A great lunch with great service! The food was outstanding - all 5 of us enjoyed our lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8th AnniversaryGCraigDined on 5/20/2014We moved from a different part of the country, and have now been living in western MA for 4 years. This is our 3rd or 4th visit to the Duck. We only visit for special occasions. The steaks taste so great, we want to keep this place special. That is the reason we don't frequent more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZorroVIPDined on 5/18/2014Good food -- not outstanding -- a safe bet. Good service ... food wasn't that fresh -- fish overcooked but duck was mosit
- Loud!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Pretty good food but really loud. Service only fair. Had to catch servers attention to get order, drinks, dessert....
- Great ServiceFanOfGoodFoodDined on 5/14/2014It took a little bit for them to get our table ready even though we had a reservation, however it extremely busy so it was understandable. Once at our table service was good though. They ran out of one of the dishes we ordered after we had placed our order so they let us pick a replacement and it was on the house.Special Features:
- EnjoyableExcellentDined on 5/13/2014We were able to get a reservation the same day I asked for a large table with a view and that was were we were seated. They were very busy because of the Brimfeild Fair However the service and the food were excellent Would recommend the Duck to anyone in the Sturbridge areaSpecial Features:
- good timeToddVIPDined on 5/13/2014it was really but we had a good time. also the food was great.Special Features:
- not greatsamerDined on 5/12/2014No need for a band at a small restaurant; way too loud and unpleasant! Took too long for apps to come out. Just not worth it.
- Nice, quiet and good - a winner.CarlTDined on 5/12/2014We met for lunch on a Monday when many restaurants are closed. The ambience is nice - pubby but spacious. It seemed a quiet afternoon and we had no trouble conversing. The service was excellent. Enough attention but not obnoxious. It seemed to take a while for our food to arrive considering how few patrons there were but that is the only criticism I can make. Salads and sandwiches were top notch with enough choices to satisfy everyone, including two vegetarians. Definitely a place to go back to the next time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDiningInMassDined on 5/11/2014This was a special evening for my boyfriend's and my families to get together, and we were pretty disappointed in the quality of service and some of our meals. It took quite a long time for our meals to come out of the kitchen even though the dining room wasn't filled (I thought it was due to it being Mother's Day, but there weren't many people there at that time). One of our meals came out undercooked & didn't look appetizing, and when we asked for a manager, she took the plate away but didn't seem apologetic and didn't come back to see how we were doing after that.Special Features:
- Lunch at The DuckresrvationsVIPDined on 5/11/2014Four course Fix price menu on Mother's Day only option available. Im vegan. First course only had two options didn't fit my dietary needs. The other three courses were acceptable and very good. I was still charged the entire amount for the meal though I only had three courses. Menu states it offers vegan options? Departing the parking lot is a genuine nightmare. A big loop with very little room for the right turn to depart which is also the entrance into the lot. A maniacal woman in a red car came racing down the driveway just as I stopped at the side of the building where it enters this roadway. She screamed at me to slow down though I was sitting in a car at a full stop. I was quite taken aback by this!! Be very care there....Special Features:
- My mother will never forgive meOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Had a reservation for 11:30 on Mother's Day for 7 including two children, which I was very excited about since I had my rehearsal dinner here when it was the Ugly Ducking and it was very good. When they renamed this place they dropped the wrong word however - this place should just be called "UGLY"!!! Ended up leaving after an hour and a half without being served a meal, or even an offer of food for the kids. This place was AWFUL. It was prix fixe menu for goodness sake. We ended up going to the Chinese food buffet down the road for our Mother's Day lunch. My family and I will NEVER go back to the Duck, I mean, the UGLY. Thanks for a great Mother's Day guys - I couldn't have been more embarrassed.
- DisappointedElleirdadDined on 5/9/2014Every time I walk into The Duck, I have eager anticipation. I love the nice ambiance with the live music on weekends. The menu always excites me with interesting and varied things. But, the service is terribly slow from the kitchen. For example, it took more than an hour to get boulliobaise.Special Features:
- The following 404 reviews are from the The Duck reviews archive.
- Worth the tripmonsonronDined on 5/3/2014Menu was varied; we had prime rib (Saturday special) and grilled scallops; food well prepared with generous portions; a la cart menu raised the final tab; wait staff pleasant, good with followup, professional, although it took a long time for food to arrive; live singer with guitar was very good; dining room was on second floor, open space included bar, really noisy, hard to talk or hear musician real well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OccassionRichDDined on 4/29/2014They made our celebration even better by the amazing food, spectacular recommendation on the wine that paired well and their attentive service.Special Features:
- It was OK, and in a good locationlisaDined on 4/20/2014First off, our server was excellent,. And it was Easter, so I expect that others experience might be better than ours. The Duck is a nice restaurant, but the food was mediocre. I ordered the ham because they were out of the lamb, and it was nothing but 2 1/4" slices of wet rubbery tasteless (aside from the salt) supermarket ham slices. The portion size was OK, but I was hoping for something on the order of a baked ham Also, the spinach was actually wilted chard. I like chard, but it must be cooked. It was hard to cut with my knife. The potatoes and the chocolate dome thing were good. It is in a loft area that was noisy with shrieking people at the next table. (They seemed to be regulars) Oh well,we had a nice time anyway.
- Easter at the DuckIvetaDined on 4/20/2014Our experience at the Duck was wonderful ! I had the rack of lamb which was cooked to perfection. Brad, the district manager, brought out our meals and spoke to us. Patty-cakes, the dessert chef, makes the best desserts! The chocolate bomb was awesome !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one issue, otherwise perfectnotacriticDined on 4/19/2014We met family halfway, so each of us traveled 1-1/2 hours to come to The Duck. We were put at a table right next to the bar area, which wasn't too crazy so we were okay. Unfortunately, about 1/2 hour into our visit, live music started in the bar which made talking and visiting with people we hadn't seen in a long time very difficult. When we explained our situation and asked if we could be moved, we were told that the 6-8 tables on the other side of the room were reserved and they couldn't help us. This frustrated me. For 4 people to spend $170 on dinner with only 5 drinks and two a la carte salads, I found it unfortunate that we could not have been accommodated better. Otherwise the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014One of my favorite places to eat! Always a great time and excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ReviewernewbieDined on 4/12/2014Food was great. Our waitress was great! The mashed cauliflower was the hands down best I'd ever tried and the chocolate raspberry mouse dessert was just great? More than great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.