502 Main Street
Sturbridge, MA 01566Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theducksturbridge.com/
- Phone: 5083472321x
- Hours of Operation:
lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Fecteau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Sarah J Gottlieb 8602351286x
- Entertainment: Entertainment provided every Monday evening, as we as Thursday through Saturday nights.
A word from The Duck
Welcome to the The Duck! We are proud to have our master chefs, Enrico Giovanello and Nick Faucher at the helm, serving up delightful new menus that you are sure to fall in love with. Ask our professional waitstaff or mixologists about our perfectly created signature cocktails, ice cold local draft beer selections, or an artfully paired glass of wine. Top it all off with Chef Patrick Farrelly's signature 'Pattycakes' desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Duck - Best Restaurants in Sturbridge ›
The Duck reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (17)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (11)romantic (9)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- A few suggestions....anondinerDined on 10/17/2014Overall it was good but could use some adjustments. In our reservation which was made days in advance, we requested a table next to the window where it was away from the constant foot traffic of people going up and down the stairs & using the top of the stairs as a 'lobby' while waiting to be seated. Instead we were placed at a table directly adjacent to the top of the stairs. So throughout our entire dinner there was a constant line of people rubbing up against the back of my chair as they went up, down and congregated next to our table as they were waiting. We were also disappointed to see the menu was also 'updated' recently removing some menu items we had enjoyed. Although loud, we still enjoyed the ambiance & our waitress was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Outstanding!!SonomaCountyDinerDined on 10/13/2014As first time out-of-state visitors from California looking for a restaurant to meet Boston-based friends for dinner, my wife and I were figuratively bowled over by the excellence of The Duck's food, wine, and service. Indeed, we only regret not being able to award more than five stars for the service.Special Features:
- Loved it!MrsFlanDined on 10/10/2014Absolute 5 stars. My husband and I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I booked this for my husbands Birthday, service was a bit slow and very disappointed that we all ordered dessert and my husband didn't even get a Happy Birthday or a candle on his dessert. My Husband and I have been very satisfied with the Duck but Not Sept 28th there were 6 of us was very Disappointing. Maura BennettSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014small menu with something for anyone, fresh ingredients, meals was very well presented and good Prices average....only complaint why add 50 cents for Blue Cheese dressing with the salad for 4.95 if the diners are ordering wine and food. Just seems tackySpecial Features:
- Never lets me downstepDined on 9/18/2014I have been to the duck many times and I always leave very happy with my meal. I have had the salmon dish, scallop dish, and lobster mac & cheese. All of them are very tasty, The only con I would say is they tend to have strong bitter cocktails, but if you enjoy those then you will be happy.Special Features:
- Service was SLOW.BillboDined on 9/18/2014I came to this restaurant with a group for lunch. (We were celebrating the successful completion of a project at work.) The food was very good, but it took nearly an hour to get our main courses. What makes this remarkable was that the restaurant was not busy at this time. Because of this, I will not use The Duck for any more luncheons.
- Don't recommend it.WAdinerDined on 9/17/2014Our dinner at The Duck was a complete disaster, it took forever for the food and drinks to come up, when they did 6 out of 7 persons got the wrong thing. Some of us got the wrong thing more than once, including one diner who got the wrong thing 3 times and finally gave up and ate what she got. One person's soup came basically for dessert but without a spoon to eat it, after waiting a few minutes for the waitress to return, we went to the bar to ask for one. It didn't really matter though, because the soup tasted like triple strength beef broth and was pretty much inedible. The only positive thing we can say is that after everything went wrong, to the point of becoming almost comical, the manager did comp our entire meal.
- A special meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014When I am in the area, I make it a practice to have dinner at The Duck and I am never disappointed. Fabulous Bombay martinis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed a great night out. We did make a reservation as there were 4 of us and it was busy! Great music and unique bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great afternoonRoseDined on 8/28/2014My friend suggested meeting at The Duck, I am so glad we did. Unless you were looking for it, you probably would drive right by it. There is plenty of parking in behind the restaurant. The Duck looks like an old barn inside, I love rustic. The waitress was very nice and suggeted a great white wine. We both got the lunch special of half a sandwich and a cup of butternut soup. The chicken salad on Focasia bread was great. I have been eating out lately and this is probably the best lunch I have had. No foo foo, just good basic food. We shared the chocolate gooey dessert. The restaurante was not crowded so we were able to have a nice relaxing lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic and interestingpurrformerDined on 8/24/2014The menu here combines some New England standards with some locovore specials, making it an excellent place to take out-of-town guests. Great selection of beer but the wine list could use some more variety and benefit from some higher-quality wines that would better complement some of the menu selections. We came on a Sunday night and felt a bit rushed because of the early closing time. Pay attention to the posted hours when making your plans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We've been going to The Duck for several years now primarily for lunch, but went recently for dinner with some friends who came into town. We all had a great time, a really great waitress and excellent food yet again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great, food just okBizzy57Dined on 8/23/2014I was disappointed with everything but the service. I booked my Dad's 85th birthday luncheon here for 8 people weeks in advance. They squeezed us into a corner and the food was a real mixed bag. Don't order the "strip steak" on the lunch menu - you will be surprised by a piece of london broil on a bed of mesclun with french fries. We have been twice before to the Duck and loved the food. We had a great server - Kathleen. She had great timing and was very friendly and pleasant. She did comp my father's meal which is all you can expect. All in all we had a good time but it was in spite of the ambience. The chciken, cod and salmon that others had were very good.
- EnjoysagoodmealEnjoysagoodmealDined on 8/16/2014We ate at the Duck on Saturday the 16th of August with another couple and we can't wait to go back. Our salads, entrees and desserts were "top notch". Two of us had the swordfish special (outstanding), one had the haddock (outstanding) and another the chicken parm (again outstanding). Our Server Kay was excellent. She made us feel like family and did a great job. We thank the entire team for a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerCher344Dined on 8/13/2014Met friends for dinner. Food was good and served nice and hot. Our waiter was very attentive and we were served in a timely manner. Restaurant was quiet on a Wednesday evening. Would go there again and would recommend to a friend. Menu, however, was a little pricey. Would only go for special occasions rather than regular dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the 20 mile tripOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014It's been years since we dined at the restaurant on the first floor (as memory serves was also good) and some friends recommended we try the Duck on the second floor. We were favorably impressed with the décor; service and entertainment. We will go back with friends.
- Visit to DuckTSLSVIPDined on 8/9/2014I had been a regular visitor to the Duck years ago, perhaps 6 - 7 times per year. I found myself back in the area and booked a dinner for six. The Duck has changed for the better in terms of food quality and I found the service excellent. I did find the prices a bit higher than I remember. Overall, it was a nice experience. The guitar player was very good and added some welcome ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The DuckAnnBirthdayDined on 8/1/2014Two couples went out to celebrate my wife's birthday at the Duck, Tammy the waitress was great fun and the service she supplied was top notch. Would recommend highly to anyone looking for good food and fun night out at a local restaurant. Since the four of us have known each other for over twenty years we always seem to share our food, therefore it was like having four meals in one BTW all four were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014service was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Back to the great dining at the Duck!Special Features:
- MikeDined on 7/20/2014enjoyed the food, the service was very good and friendlySpecial Features:
- Delightful experienceluvuduck4Dined on 7/16/2014We have met here for lunch,the last two months and consider it the best place for a quiet conversation_- great food and lovely wait staff experience. The cheddar ,bacon and marmalade sandwich is the stuff of dreams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Duck is a winner!luvfoodandwineDined on 7/11/2014EXCELLENT! If you are in the Brimfield area you must go!Special Features:
- Terrific food!jwtravelerDined on 7/10/2014This restaurant was recommended during our vacation. We were very pleased. Their fries (appetizer) were sensational - fried in duck fat, served with truffle oil and parmesan. My main - bouillabaisse - was delicious. Tons of fresh seafood in a fantastic sauce. My partner's meal - scallops - were very good, too. The atmosphere was great and our server - Dominique was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice new findLovegoodfoodDined on 7/7/2014The service was outstanding from start to finish. We were greeted quickly and seated for lunch. The food was very good and all 5 of us enjoyed the restaurant. Of particular note were the salmon and clam chowder. Salads were huge and fresh with quality ingredients. We ordered 2 desserts and planned to share. She even split the scoop of ice cream into 2 cute dishes.Special Features:
- The following 423 reviews are from the The Duck reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Saturday evening early dinner. Good quality ingredients with generous portions. Live acoustic duo singing Baby-boomers classics and folk music. Very pleasant ambiance. Limited but reasonably priced wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitpattylouDined on 6/21/2014Sat. nite, had great scallops with roasted strawberries. Loved the music. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Never againFormerexecchefDined on 6/20/2014Seated at table in middle of room with constant traffic passing by two feet from chair. Normally not the end of the world, each step could be felt, very distracting. Asked hostess to move to one of the empty tables and she said no because they were for parties of four. Our waitress approached as we decided to leave. Clearly, this is a known problem because we didn't have to explain. She later brought the manager Brad to speak to us and he was ridiculous. Made excuses for the floor, but bottom line? This table shouldn't be there. We both have enough fine dining work experience to know that! If you are going to go (and I say don't! Go to Rovezzi's instead!) make sure to ask for Cheryl. Professional AND exceptional customer service.
- Nice quiet dinner - this time!PaullafDined on 6/4/2014I don't want readers to get the wrong impression. The Duck is generally not a quiet place. There is entertainment Thursday through Saturday and sometimes on Sunday but Wednesday night was quiet and dim. Not dungeon dim, but romantic dim with oil candles on all the tables. Reminds me of the old Duck where my wife and I have gone to dinner for years. PaulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014Excellent food and service as usual! It was a packed Saturday night so it was hard to hear the live music and we were right next to the singer...so that was a bummer. We picked the chefs choice dessert and were delightfully surprised when we opened it at home later to enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!bahnzieDined on 5/25/2014At least once a year over the past 20 years, our family has met at the Whistling Swan (conveniently located halfway between the Boston and Hartford areas). We haven't been back for a while, but we were pleasantly surprised to see that the food was wonderful at The Duck. All four of us had different choices for dinner, and all were quite pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceBizzy57Dined on 5/24/2014If you're in the area - don't miss it. A great lunch with great service! The food was outstanding - all 5 of us enjoyed our lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8th AnniversaryGCraigDined on 5/20/2014We moved from a different part of the country, and have now been living in western MA for 4 years. This is our 3rd or 4th visit to the Duck. We only visit for special occasions. The steaks taste so great, we want to keep this place special. That is the reason we don't frequent more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZorroVIPDined on 5/18/2014Good food -- not outstanding -- a safe bet. Good service ... food wasn't that fresh -- fish overcooked but duck was mosit
- Loud!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Pretty good food but really loud. Service only fair. Had to catch servers attention to get order, drinks, dessert....
- Great ServiceFanOfGoodFoodDined on 5/14/2014It took a little bit for them to get our table ready even though we had a reservation, however it extremely busy so it was understandable. Once at our table service was good though. They ran out of one of the dishes we ordered after we had placed our order so they let us pick a replacement and it was on the house.Special Features:
- EnjoyableExcellentVIPDined on 5/13/2014We were able to get a reservation the same day I asked for a large table with a view and that was were we were seated. They were very busy because of the Brimfeild Fair However the service and the food were excellent Would recommend the Duck to anyone in the Sturbridge areaSpecial Features:
- good timeToddVIPDined on 5/13/2014it was really but we had a good time. also the food was great.Special Features:
- not greatsamerDined on 5/12/2014No need for a band at a small restaurant; way too loud and unpleasant! Took too long for apps to come out. Just not worth it.
- Nice, quiet and good - a winner.CarlTDined on 5/12/2014We met for lunch on a Monday when many restaurants are closed. The ambience is nice - pubby but spacious. It seemed a quiet afternoon and we had no trouble conversing. The service was excellent. Enough attention but not obnoxious. It seemed to take a while for our food to arrive considering how few patrons there were but that is the only criticism I can make. Salads and sandwiches were top notch with enough choices to satisfy everyone, including two vegetarians. Definitely a place to go back to the next time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.