170 E. 14th St.
Kansas City, MO 64105Neighborhood:
KC Power & Light District
IrishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thedublinerkc.com/
- Phone: 8162684700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Ryan Sneed
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We are dedicated to making your gathering a memorable one. Our approach for service is simple; we understand that no two gatherings are alike and should always be unforgettable. So come on in, let us pour you a perfect pint, relax and we'll do all the work! Slainte'! The Snug Seating Capacity- 16 Standing Capacity- 20 Whiskey Corner Seating Capacity- 12 Standing Capacity- 25 The Library Seating Capacity- 10 Standing Capacity- 20 Lower Emerald Isle Seating Capacity- 28 Standing Capacity- 30 Upper Emerald Isle Seating capacity- 40 Standing Capacity- 60 Paddy's Bar Seating Capacity- 30 Standing Capacity- 100 to 150 Grand Hall Seating Capacity- 150 Standing Capacity- 300 Exclusive Buy Out Seating Capacity- 200 Standing Capacity- 400
- Private Party Contact: Bethany Inman 8598060065
- Entertainment: The Dubliner features live entertainment Friday and Saturday nights starting at 10pm! You"ll find great dancing and Guinness drinking late night with these great local bands!
- Cross Street: Grand Boulevard
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The Power and Light District offers many different options for parking. Valet, surface lots and garages. We validate at The Dubliner your garage parking tickets for KC Live. Visit www.powerandlightdistrict.com and hit their parking tab for maps and more information.
A word from The Dubliner
The Dubliner is a traditional pub where you will be instantly entranced by true Irish ambiance. The rich, dark wood interior is imported from Ireland, and the menu is inspired by the countryside along with your favorite K.C. Hopps dishes. At The Dubliner, enjoy an extensive list of beer, wine and spirits from across the world. It is a great place for families, perfect for business lunches and the ultimate place to unwind on the weekends. Planning a party? The Dubliner has event spaces for groups from 4 to 400! Have your next happy hour, reunion, dinner or birthday celebration at this celebrated Irish pub.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Dubliner reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Perpetuates cultural stereotypesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014The food was okay, service from our waiter was good. My critique is for the bartender who felt that wearing an American Indian headdress was a good idea. I realize we were in Kansas City, where the Chiefs play; however, you would think that all of the media surrounding other celebrities and such who wear war bonnets getting called out for it being disrespectful and completely inappropriate, would call into question of whether they should be worn by people who didn't earn the right to wear it. Quick answer is no they shouldn't. I was deeply offended by this as an American Indian. It didn't help that she walked around it in while doing the "tomahawk chop" looking for tips. There was nothing outstanding here except a lack of cultural respect.
- Good ExperiencenotirishDined on 10/5/2014The fish and chips and mac & cheese are very food. Very noisy and crowded during Power & Light concerts. Jeff the manager has excellent customer service skills. I eat there as often as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Service was quick and attentive. The food was great and extremely reasonable. We will definitely return and bring friends as well.Special Features:
- AWESOME TIMEtapmac929Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated my husbands 35th Bday and reserved a table on line..and even though we were 15 min we called in and they held the table!! We had great service great ambiance live music inside and outside!!Overall GREAT TIME!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceHuskerfanVIPDined on 7/16/2014What started as a promising meal was ruined by poor service. We had a 6 p.m. reservation and were given a great outdoor table. At 6:10 we ordered drinks and an appetizer which came in a reasonable amount of time. At 6:20 we ordered our meal. About 7:10 the waitress said our order went to another table and had been resubmitted. At 7:15 a manager came by and said our order had vanished in their system. About 7:25 it finally arrived and was average. We had tickets for an 8 p.m. concert and rushed through an average meal, at best. They comped some drinks and an appetizer but not sure we ever got a true story and we will not go back. We were very disappointed in The Dubliner.
- The following 97 reviews are from the The Dubliner reviews archive.
- Pre event meal - terrificWorldTravelerVIPDined on 5/15/2014Visited on weeknight before event at Sprint Center. We had pork sliders and Ploughman's platter; really enjoyed both. Our waiter Caroline showed constant energy and was friendly and knowledgeable - we would ask for her specifically in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Walk Down Memory LaneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Our visit to the Dubliner in Kansas City was a pleasant reminder of our trip to Ireland last year. The decor is gorgeous, the food was wonderful, the service was a little slow, but we were reminded that in Ireland, no one is in such a hurry and a trip to the local pub can be a night out with friends and family. We went in a party of twelve and I didn't hear anyone in the group complain about the food; they all thought it was great!Special Features:
- Fun timegdpgdpDined on 5/8/2014We all ordered different-- a salad, the shepherd's pie, fish and chips, bangers and mash. All were great. Black and tan was perfectly poured. Having been to Ireland, we can attest this pub could have been a part of our trip there. Lots of fun. WIll come back. Last trip we also had the bread pudding. It was wonderful! Too bad we were too full to get it again. And, oh, just a hop skip and jump from the Kauffman.Special Features:
- Not so pleasantShayDined on 5/3/2014Service was awful. Numerous times had to track down the waitress. Was 2 in the afternoon. Place was not busy. Food was tasteless. Drinks were watered down. Should've believed the yelp reviews.Special Features:
- Great Management.MorrieCVIPDined on 4/19/2014The new ownership group is super. They truly understand the restaurant biz and their dedication to doing the right thing for the right reason is refreshing. Great values in both foods and wine. Will be making this a regular stop.Special Features:
- Great Irish BarJPalkoDined on 4/9/2014The Power & Light District in downtown Kansas City has great restaurants/bars - this is one of them. Food was good, ambiance was great. During warm weather it is a must stop for outside dining. Very nice inside too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took 30 min to get drinksVLP4VIPDined on 4/4/2014Took 30 min to get drinks (water included). Service was bad and food was blah. Save your time and go somewhere else!!
- Fantastic Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We had made reservations before but as soon as we walked in we were greeted immediately! Our server took us to his table right away and was very professional but personal! The environment was fun and atmosphere stimulating. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piece of Ireland in KCJinxDined on 3/7/2014Great authentic Irish Pub food with perfectly poured Murphy's and an amazing wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place with potential?ditty1013Dined on 3/1/2014Our visit didn't start off on the best note. We arrived about 5 minutes late for our 11 a.m. reservation & were told they weren't quite open yet (we were thankfully allowed to go inside since it was rather cold out). We'd wanted to take advantage of the Dine in Downtown restaurant week, & after reviewing several menus, we chose The Dubliner mostly for the bread pudding (a favorite) listed as on their special menu. When we ordered, I was told they were out. We were told as we were leaving that they'd started another batch but that it takes 3 hours to make. Not sure why a new batch wasn't started at 7:30 a.m.? That said, the food was very good. Our server was very sweet. Hopefully ours was a one-off & not common experience.Special Features:
- Tasteless disappointmentameal42Dined on 2/28/2014Went for KC Restaurant week, hoping to get a sampling of their food. Initially seated under a cool blowing vent, enough to blow my hair around. Ask for another table, as there were several available. A waitress was very kind and moved us. Our waiter was slow and came around very little. Had soup first. The flavor was okay, but the sausage was bland. For the entree, I had the Ruben. Very little sauerkraut, which was almost tasteless, and almost no dressing. Came with fries and a pickle spear. I love a good pickle, but this one had no flavor what so ever. My husband had the bacon/chicken sandwich. A bit dry and nothing special. Desert was the chocolate torte, which was yummy but overly sweet, and bread pudding, which was very good.Special Features:
- Loved it.HerculesDined on 2/14/2014We went here to celebrate a primotion. I had never been there. The place is great. Really nice decor, great service with beautiful girls serving you, and the food was amazing. I ordered the guiness steak moxie and it did not disapoint. I loved it. And the irish bread pudding was so good. I highly recomend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date or casual nightsBrodieDined on 2/14/2014With an excellent menu to choose from, a great selection of beers, whiskies and wines, and fantastic service, The Dubliner was a solid choice for my valentine's day dinner. We both loved it. I can also see why would it would be good just for a night out on the town. Really great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!OutlanderChickDined on 1/19/2014I am part of an Outlander Fan Group here in KC. Our first Meet-n-Greet took place in the Whiskey Corner of The Dubliner. Not only is it a lovely location, but the food was good as well. Best of all was the service we received from Caroline our server. She was fantastic, remembered everyone's orders, checked in an appropriate number of times and even took a few photos of the group! We could not have had a better server experience. Thanks for making our first group meeting a good one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cats ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013I really liked the Fish I ordered. I usually Never order fish. It was really good. I needed more lemons, that's just me. I was going to ask for Tarter sauce, but did not need it. Mac and Cheese was just ok, sorry. My friend ordered the Stew, I tried it and it was great! She had one of my pieces of fish, she really enjoyed to also. She is thinking about taking her boyfriend there for his birthday in a week or so. I liked the idea that I could reserve a table on line, that was great! Only thing I would say I did not like was the air blowing down, I thought it cooled my food to quickly. I have been telling my friend that I was there and that I liked it. I will be back. I am a real picky person when it comes to eating out!Special Features:
- SO MUCH FUNKenNYCDined on 11/22/2013A group of seven of us went on a Friday night and the band was amazing, great food and drinks and shots. Our servers were so friendly and efficient. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal Location to Sprint centerbuddyDined on 11/8/2013The food and service are fine but nothing special. The location to the sprint center makes it ideal for pre-event dinner and they take reservations which many nearby places do not take on friday eveningsI would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchbonnieapetitVIPDined on 11/7/2013Had a delightful lunch. Great place to eat if you have an event at the Sprint Center.Special Features:
- Nice placeviixinDined on 10/27/2013We went to eat at The Dubliner on a Sunday evening prior to going to see a nearby musical. We split a couple of appetizers, but what we ate was excellent and I will be going back to enjoy a meal. The Sunday I went it was very slow, hardly any patrons at all. I know Friday and Saturday nights it gets quite crowded just because it is located in the Power & Light District. Our service from our server was slightly disappointing. While there was hardly any people there at all we barely saw our server. Our waters emptied a couple of times and both times with at least a five minute if not more wait before they were refilled. We also waited a good 10-15 minutes before she noticed we were done eating and ready for our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Good but the ServiceEaglesFanDined on 10/23/2013We had a smart alec waiter who talked back (what happened to 'the customer is always right?'). Our waiter could have definitely used some additional training or maybe should consider a different job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excitement to let downMJSmithDined on 10/19/2013I booked a surprise trip to KC for my husbands 30thbday. We are from Omaha. I went online to book a place to eat and have a few drinks w friends whom also traveled from Omaha. When we reached the Dubliner the hostess was completely rude not only to us but to other servers and we witnessed an argument between the hostess and what appeared to be a manager. She got us to our table and honestly threw our menus down on table and walked away. Our waiters name was Jake-- great guy did the best he could and smiled . When it was time to order my husband attempted to order not one not two not three but four items that they were "out of" on the menu. For a Saturday night and it being his birthday we were completely let down.
- Convenient but not outstandinggeorgiapeach1000Dined on 10/16/2013Chose the Dubliner because of its close proximity to the Sprint Center. The hostess acted annoyed that we had a reservation and failed to smile throughout her interaction with us. The waiter was pleasant but less than versed in the drink and food specialties of the house. He seemed to be covering the entire section of the restaurant that we were in (which became busier and busier as the evening wore on), so the attention he gave us was very limited.....take our order, bring our food and then ignore us. No water refills. Had to chase him down to get our check.The food was good, but not outstanding. Would only recommend the restaurant to those with tickets to an event at the Sprint Center, as it is right across the street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic European FeelPorQueNoDined on 10/14/2013Dubliner is hard work if not impossible to get into during Sprint Center events, but don't be discouraged make a reservation on weeknights with no event and check out possibilities, relax and take it all in. Great bar, great food, unmatchable atmosphere, and great service all add up to a unique experience for Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy tablegin21Dined on 10/3/2013When I take the time to reserve a table I expect to have a nice table location. What I got was a lousy, small table located next to the dust sweepers. The service was adequate but I was not impressed at all. The food we ordered was good. My problem was the menu provided a very limited choice. When I view a restaurant online I expect the menu to be up-to-date. I was disappointed that the menu was much smaller than I expected.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2013The Dubliner was a perfect place to have lunch before an event. We had great service, no rush, and the food was excellent. Will definitely do this again.Special Features:
- Great experience!PeachesDined on 7/27/2013Food, atmosphere, and service was wonderful. Our server and the manager went up and behond, fixed a broken sandal that could have put a big damper in our evening! Thank you!!Special Features:
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2013Everything was just really average, but part of my feeling in this is that I am nostalgic for when this place use to be Raglan Road. I feel like the Dubliner took a beautiful bar and turned it into just another bar. The food was typical bar food, nothing too special and only a few Irish items. The waitresses wear strange outfits, and our waitresses wasn't very attentive and made it seem like she didn't really want to serve us so that made the experience worse. Average bar, terrible music, average food, there are other great places in KC to go.
- FABULOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2013Fast, friendly service. Amazing drinks and yummy food!!! Highly recommend The Dubliner for any P&L Pre-Concert experience.Special Features:
- Overall goodSloanam1Dined on 6/22/2013We went there for a bachelorette party dinner and it was great. Could accommodate our short notice request to add 12 more people and had a great variety of food to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherBeastdriverDined on 6/8/2013Made a reservation for really no reason... Came in the front entrance to a totally empty bar and welcome center... Kept walking into restaurant with two patrons sitting at the bar.. Time was 8:15 Saturday night... Felt like no one was watching the place actually.. Finally a waiter appeared and we obviously had our pick of seating.. Then we decided to eat there.. Frozen food, or at the very least days made in advance horrendous food showed from a kitchen I assume.. Salty boring and just tasteless food.. We complained but still remained on the ticket!!! Pitiful management!! Waiter tried to act like he cared, but honestly did not have a clue either... Drinks were only strong point.Band was very good, which made up for the lackluster atmospher
- We had reservations duringOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/13/2013We had reservations during a concert night so they were understandably busy but took and hour to get our appetizer and food arrived after and an hour and 1/2, leaving us 15 minutes to eat.
- The uniform is way inappropriate.meeatVIPDined on 4/5/2013The uniform is way inappropriate. Sad because the food is decent. I would expect an Irish pub to serve Guinness in a traditional glass rather than a regular pint glass.Special Features:
- Anniversary at The DublinerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013The Dubliner was good as always. I like the place a lot -- too bad it's a long drive from home. Service is a little on the slow side and staff are not always knowledgeable about the drink menu. Food is consistently good. Love that sauce they serve with the fish & chips! The more people that get in the pub, the more noisy it gets however, it's a fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- Not good night for this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013We didn't go on a great night for doing a review. It was championship night in the Big 12 Tournament, and the place was crazy with Kansas Jayhawks fans. Unbelievably loud !!! Not your average night. Only problem was that the manager told us that The Dubliner DOES NOT take weekend reservations, despite what's on the website. That's something they need to work out with Open Table. We got a table, but could have been a bad deal.
- Dubliner on March 1OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013The Dubliner was a good place! I love the look of the bar and the chandeliers! And, they pour the best pint of Guiness in Kansas City! Overall, I recommend the place for a casual dinner/drinks. The food is very good and reasonably prices. Drinks are expensive when it's not happy hour. The portion on the fish and chips was excessive, the menu should recommend sharing. As for the service, it's acceptable but could be better. A Friday night is busy but, I've also been there on a Tuesday night and service was a little on the slow side and not terribly attentive.Special Features: