409 E 31st St
Kansas City, MO 64108Neighborhood:
39th St / Westport / Midtown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedropbistro.com/
- Phone: 8167563767
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zach Woods
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Liz Enzor 8167563767
A word from The Drop
The Drop is an up-scale neighborhood Bistro & Bar located in the heart of Martini Corner. A modern yet cozy bistro, featuring approachable, contemporary American cuisine with French and Mediterranean touches. The option of small and large plates to fit your appetite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Drop reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (7)great for brunch (5)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Our Service Was DreadfulfakaulDined on 9/23/20147:45 Tuesday night & was not busy. Waited 10 minutes before someone took our drink order. They had a list of 8 or so "Signature" cocktails at the top of the menu. They did not have all the ingredients for the first two that we ordered. We ordered a large antipasto platter, a cup of bean soup, a salad, and scallops. We waited 45 minutes before any food arrived. Received one perfunctory apology after 40 minutes. When the food arrived it was all brought out at once. Do I eat my "appetizers" first and watch my scallops get cold? Ended up taking antipasto home so we could enjoy main course. Food was good but evening was disappointing and we got home much later than hoped. Patio was inviting, on a warmer night would have sat outside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Our server did the best she could, and the food was great when it arrived... an hour after we ordered it.Special Features:
- The dropsparklingbananaDined on 9/20/2014The food here was outstanding! We were actually surprised; I expected less, for some reason. My wine was very good too, and a generous pour. We were a little disappointed that the majority of the indoor seating is either couches or high tops; not many "normal" tables.Special Features:
- the dropJeneiceDined on 9/13/2014The drop no longer sells 'drops'. And when we tried to order something else they were out. Disappointing.
- Great foodRenanDined on 9/9/2014I just can say "kudos for the chef"our dinner was greatSpecial Features:
- Delicious!AmandaDined on 8/24/2014We found The Drop through a Mystery Date Groupon and we're so glad we did! We were only going to be in KC for 1 night and they were so accommodating to let us use the Groupon for brunch instead of the dinner. Our waitress was super friendly and gave us great recommendations for things to do in the area and had great timing for our food and drinks, we never had to wait for a refill. I had the crab cake eggs benedict and it was so good, I would highly recommend it. My fiance had the turkey sandwich and it was so big it could have easily fed 2 people. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody in the Westport area!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Our brunch was awesome. The brussel sprout hash was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyAbbyTDined on 8/16/2014Overpriced for bland chewy food! Not a place a would go again.
- Nice look, sloppy service, mediocremelrobVIPDined on 8/15/2014The Drop was pretty with brick and chandeliers and a pretty bar and cute couches in the front. It looked like a nice quiet, dark, romantic place. But it wasn't. The maitre d was dressed in unattractive, sloppy jeans shorts and paid no attention to us until we went up to her at the bar and then she stood there and gossiped with the other bar staff. The service was extremely unprofessional. Our waiter was better but very slow and inattentive. The food was so-so. The lettuce wraps were not good at all, the bruschette meat was poor quality and none of the bruschette was that good. The offensive drunks at the tall table in the middle made it seem like fancy dive bar. And none of the specialty drinks sounded good to me at all. We won't go back.
- Kinda BoringStlenexaDined on 8/15/2014Although the venue itself is very nicely decorated on the inside, there just isn't enough going on here to warrant a third visit...unless you like to dine alone. This was our second visit here. Food was good each time, but we were one of three parties in the whole inside of the restaurant at 7:00 on a Friday night. It was a nice quiet evening, but my husband and I really like a more energetic atmosphere.
- Never coming backNotHappyWithTheDropDined on 8/9/2014We waited 2 hours for our food to get to us, and then after waiting an hour and seeing everybody else get their food that came after us, we got told by the waitress that they were out of all the main dishes except the chicken, and asked if we would like to eat just that. We said, "O.k.", because we had waited that long, and then after another 30 minutes we decided just to forget it, and go somewhere else and eat. We noticed that others who came after us were being told they were out of main dishes, and some of the shareables. A lot of people were upset. Just might want to let people know before they sit there for an hour waiting for their food.
- Terrific Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/29/2014Great drinks and menu. Love the "shareable" choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014the restaurant charge tax for the groupon in the food call you the rice with hard me when cooked right and in the server didn't check on very often
- Not a good experienceBrandonAndAmyDined on 7/19/2014ordered the appitizer & waited about 20 or so mins for it and it was just a meat and cheese tray. Then about 20-30 mins later waiter came out and said he was sorry that it was taking so long that my husbands meal was done & he could just keep it warm or go ahead and bring it out & that mine was taking longer because the steak i ordered was FROZEN! We told him to go ahead & bring out my husbands, we waited about 30 more mins for mine & it wasn't even rare like I asked. The waiter didn't even offer a discount.another table nxt to us w/ 3 girls ordered the "Drops" which is their signature thing & they waited for a long time just to have the bartender come out and say they weren't setting up correctly and so could she get them something else.Special Features:
- Amazing food, great drinksFoodiefindersDined on 7/17/2014We are huge foodies and this is a great find. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not sure what happenedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We had a few burned meals and a few that arrived 20 mi Ute's after others- not great
- Great Panini's!GazaDined on 6/7/2014We visited on a Saturday afternoon around 2:00 p.m. Only a few people in the restaurant. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable time. The food was excellent with layers of flavor! The portions are generous for the price. We will be back with friends.Special Features:
- The following 46 reviews are from the The Drop reviews archive.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2014Food was good and well presented. wish you would offer a dessert for the birthday person.Special Features:
- Sans the waitress, great spotFoodieMoDined on 5/11/2014Visited for Mother's Day brunch, got right in and seated. My sister and I ordered bottomless mimosas. My mom wanted a sip of mine, so I gave her my drink-hell it was Mother's Day- the problem came when I went to order another. The waitress refused to bring me one, asking if we needed a 3rd bottomless order. Being the class act I am, I declined, we paid and left. Sooo, the waitress ruined it for me. It shouldn't matter what is going on at my table if I paid for "bottomless" maybe I'm a bit diluted for believing that's what I should have got. Smh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martini corner findDinerDined on 5/10/2014I have been here several times before and enjoyed the wine and great food. I chose this spot for our birthday celebration as my experience had been one of great atmosphere, friendly staff, and yummy bites. This trip still had amazing eats and good wine, but our wait staff was often absent and needed to be tracked down and the bartender knew little of classic cocktails which was surprising for a place that boasts a great cocktail menu. One member of our party ordered a classic drink with directions for no ice, and the bartender and waitress each came over to ask more directions on how to make it and asked if he wanted it "up". All in all we enjoyed it very much but part of our group will not return due to lack of cocktail knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food...yumchgoguestDined on 5/4/2014Was there for brunch. Bloody Mary was perfect and food was delicious. Would definitely return to try another course other than brunch. I'm confident lunch or dinner would also be enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and serviceKeith51VIPDined on 5/2/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and value of the food and service at The Drop. Our server took very good care of us. We had humus, crab cakes and surf and turf skewers with brussel sprout Rossetti. Everything was excellent. I have to leave room at the top for the finest high dollar restaurants, but this place was very close to a 5 out of 5 across the board. We will be going back. There was still a lot on the menu we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but emptyktranckDined on 4/19/2014It might have been because it was the Saturday before easter but we were literally the only table at 11:30 Food was good but should have came out faster than 30 minutes. Same goes for service. Overall I like the look and feel but needs better execution. I will try it again on a busier day.
- The Drop is a great findFlamingBearDined on 4/11/2014I actually used a groupon to go for the first time and I will definitely be back with or without one. The shareable plates are large and freshly made. The custom cocktails are unique and delicious. The hard part was choosing which ones to have!Special Features:
- Very Good Food - Passable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The ambience was quite nice and the food was very good. We interacted with 3 people, one of whom was very friendly. The other 2 (including the waiter) made us feel almost like we were not wanted there. Had it been busy, I would have thought nothing of this, but that was not the case. Nothing overt in their behavior, it just almost seemed like serving us was perhaps beneath them or that they had not been raised with proper manners. Hard to tell. On the other hand, they could have just been very new on the job and were therefore not yet comfortable enough to be able to make us feel comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Never been to the drop before and found a groupon so my girlfriend and I decided to try it out and it was great!!! Really good food and interesting drinks (by which I mean really good). Overall a great place to go and check out. The groupon saved a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday brunch, especiallyMikeVIPDined on 2/23/2014Excellent Sunday brunch, especially for a spot better known for a lively Saturday night.
- The DropBERGRVIPDined on 2/22/2014Our party of four shared five different appetizers and two bottles of wine. The food was great, the service was great! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I had a special weekend planned for the first Valentine's Day with my girlfriend. I chose The Drop because they had a special dinner for two option. We did not use that, but the food we went with was amazing. The service was top notch. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. Not too chatty, just the right amount to make us feel welcome. A gentlemen who appeared to be the manager also came by a couple times to ensure we were doing ok. If you are in the Union Hill area, or anywhere in Kansas City for that matter, I definitely recommend The Drop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groups or couplesJsc5264Dined on 2/14/2014Went to The Drop to celebrate Valentine's Day. We were seated at a coffee table which was great for talking, but awkward for eating. Food was memorable; recommend the Meatballs or Scallops for appetizer, grilled Caesar salad, and Gorgonzola Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We had an exceptional time! Great food, drinks, & service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedLovetoeatDined on 1/25/2014My husband and I tried several new restaurants during Restaurant Week. We both agree this was the best dining experience by far. This was our first time at the Drop, we invited three couples to join us. We did not have high expectations.....we were pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and the portions were huge. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableKristenDined on 1/24/2014I had an excellent meal at The Drop. I went for Restaurant Week, so I had a 3-course meal. To start, I had an arugula salad with mandarin orange, goat cheese, and champagne vinaigrette. It was simple but fresh. The Beef au Bleu was fanstastic! The medallions were perfectly cooked (medium rare), with a delicious gorgonzola cream sauce that complemented the beef but did not overwhelm it. It was served over a brussel sprout risotto which was AMAZING, and a side of spinach that was ok. For dessert, I had a cinammon bread pudding that was good, but not the best I've had. I looked at their menu online and was very sad that the Beef au Bleu does not usually come with the brussel sprout risotto, and it is nowhere on their menu. PLEASE ADD IT!Special Features:
- Definitely returningRangerloverDined on 1/24/2014Saw the restaurant week menu, lived up to each description. Service very friendly and helpful, food was excellent. Simple menu with hearty sharing portions, will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really liked this and lookCarolynVIPDined on 1/22/2014I really liked this and look forward to going back for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time was enjoyableluncherDined on 1/21/2014we went for restaurant week and really enjoyed our meal. The butcher block appetizer is really good and a lot of food to share. The martinis are great! We enjoyed the food and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is restaurant week. IDebbieDined on 1/19/2014This is restaurant week. I made my reservation for and during restaurant week. So I show up at the appointed date and time which was 1 PM on the 19th, a Sunday, and the restaurant is NOT serving the restaurant week lunch menu but BRUNCH. I do NOT do BRUNCH. When I made my reservation, they could have told me that on this date and time, BRUNCH would be served, but nooooooo! I drove 45 minutes for NOTHING! I left and will not return!
- First time there, will notDC13VIPDined on 1/18/2014First time there, will not be the last. Great food and service. love their small plates!Special Features:
- great dining experiencedultramDined on 12/31/2013Went with friends for NY Eve dinner. Greatest serving staff in a long time, friendly, helpful,, attentive. Had a limited menu because of NYE, but still delicious food. It started to get busy as the party crowd began arriving but they didn't rush us out. Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve celebrationDiningKCDined on 12/24/2013The Drop was top notch on an evening when lots of the local restaurants were closed for the holiday. We were so appreciative for a fun trendy place to meet with out of town guests before we went to midnight church. The staff and food were both over the top and the chef came to greet us which impressed my foodie brother-in law. Thank you Drop for making it a superb dining experience. A lot of my friends didn't know the Drop served dinner, so I will be happy to spread the word.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.