The Dredge Restaurant
180 West Jefferson
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Dredge Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dredgerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (970) 453-4877
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Dredge Restaurant
The Dredge is a two million pound floating restaurant designed as a replica of one of Summit County's largest and longest operating dredges. Their entrees range from pasta and seafood to steak dishes. The Dredge offers a full bar and a children's menu is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Dredge Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great place to go for a romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014From the moment we walked in we were given excellent service. The atmosphere was quite & only a few other patrons were seated. Great for a date night. The food was tasteful & filling. We had the calamari app, side salad, sirloin steak, pasta, cheesecake, and chocolate cake. The steak and cake were our favorite. We hope to visit again. Thanks to the staff & chefs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this placefood4thoughDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant is unique and I had never been there before in the 10 years of consistent visits to Breck, but unless you enjoy sub-par food at ridiculously high prices, go somewhere else. Between the 6 of us that dined there, 5 meals were bad in one way or another. Chicken was overcooked and dry ($10), salmon special (~$25) was undercooked, the burger tasted bad ($12), the top sirloin ($29) was not well seasoned and was overly tough. The neglected/outdated decor was my first red flag and the mostly empty restaurant @ 7 pm on a Saturday was my 2nd. I'll never be back.
- Crayons at the table!KeeksDined on 10/5/2014Food was great, free bread & butter at the table! Drinks came quickly and we amused ourselves while we waited by drawing on the paper table cloth with the crayons provided at every table. The scenery is beautiful and we spotted a beaver swimming just outside our window! Great place for kids too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnvironmentMrDanDined on 9/30/2014It was rather cool in the restaurant. Hot plates got cold quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itdisappointedDined on 9/20/2014Service was horrible...Our waitress forgot about us despite there being few other customers there. It took 20 minutes to get our drinks and take our order. We were given the wrong information about the special and then we got someone else's check. Most importantly food was mediocre at best. They told us they would compensate us for the problems by giving us 10% off the bill but when we got the bill the discount was far less than 10%. Totally not worth not...would NEVER go back.
- The Dredge Restaurant, BreckenridgegolferladyDined on 8/22/2014The Dredge is an easy, fun restaurant to go with children or without. It "floats" in a pond and has a lot of original dredge items around it. We have been a number of times and have always enjoyed our visit. Service was excellent, food quite good. Two of our party had the salmon with mango, excellent and another had king crab legs...excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014my wife became ill after eating there on Saturday. She had seafood penne that made her ill - don't know if it was the seafood but the pasta was certainly greasy. I had the blackened trout - way too much seasoning on the trout to where I couldn't eat it. Green beans and potatoes were way overly salted. Wait staff was ok. will never go back
- The following 182 reviews are from the The Dredge Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014Overall we had a very enjoyable experience. We came here to celebrate a birthday dinner. The steaks were mediocre. The filet didn't look like a filet and both steaks were cooked rarer than what the description said for medium. We didn't complain. All of the other food was very good! Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Dredge, BreckenridgegolferladyDined on 7/3/2014Fun place to go. Floats in the water. History around inside. Works for couples or families. Able to talk and visit!Special Features:
- great waitress!checkpleaseDined on 6/28/2014The Dredge is very kid friendly, so if you want an intimate, romantic dinner pass on this place. It's a bit rundown as most ski area establishments, but if you want good food and drink this is a great spot. Our dinner and drinks were well prepared, served by a wonderful waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmospheremomsjustwannahavefunDined on 6/21/2014It was an enjoyable experience. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and attentive to our needs. Will definitely be back. The food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulHappyDadDined on 6/14/2014My daughter and I came to eat dinner after we saw the advertisment in the magazine. It was easy to make a reservation online, and once we arrived we were sat right away. Great view from our table. It was really fun having the crayons and paper to draw while we were waiting for our food. The food was Amazing!!!! We had a great father daughter dinner that we will both always remember.Special Features:
- not2gr8VIPDined on 6/13/2014We had visited this restaurant many years ago and loved it. It was a disappointment. The server forgot about us. Another server brought our main course. We were promised bread while we were waiting. A small portion -- too small for our group of 7 -- was delivered after the entrees.Special Features:
- FOODDinersDined on 3/19/2014Food was good but iced tea looked very murky, almost like brown tomato juice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inefficient/dishonestRunningjarvisDined on 3/17/2014Several open tables when we got to dredge. Told we would have to wait 25 minutes and we should have made make reservations due to it being a busy time of year. Sat for 10 minutes. Still 4 open tables. Went online to make reservation through open table. Showed res. to lady at front- seated right away with snippy comment coming from manager. Something like don't be surprised if you have to wait for service- we are really busy.
- Lazy!thunder4Dined on 3/16/2014Cool theme but our overall conclusion was that they were just going through the motions. Salad without dressing and server delivered to our table and admitted it wasn't as asked but didn't have kitchen correct. Kids Mac and cheese the worst microwaveable kind ever! Even my 7 year old said they couldn't have added some real cheese at least. Evening ended when another server practically came to the table and dropped the bill down and said our waiter was too busy to bring the check. We were a table of 9 with no thanks for coming in. Food quality and service were both embarrassing for the prices being charged.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 3/15/2014Nice location. Crab cakes were good though not fresh, they were previously frozen. Bread was really good. Ordered a salad which was totally forgotten. My $29 filet was ordered medium, brought out well done. Sent back, a new filet appeared 3 minutes later which was also overlooked but only to medium well this time though the edges were to well done to be eaten. I left half of it as I could only eat the center. The veggies on the plate were seriously limp and soggy. With so many choices in Breck, chose another place unless this is your only option.
- Many better options in BreckpjkdenverVIPDined on 3/14/2014I really should have heeded the warnings in other reviews. We couldn't get a reservation at one of the better places in Breck: Modis, Hearthstone, Ember, etc., so thought the Dredge would be good enough. The food was good, not great, and the service was really inconsistent. We waited over an hour for our food, and the waiter definitely accommodated us with taking a few items off the bill, because it was so slow. That was at least laudable. Another example is receiving a notification a couple of days after from OpenTable saying that I didn't honor my reservation. The hostess looked like she couldn't be bothered and am not surprised she couldn't get that entered in. Way overpriced too. I should have trusted my gut and went somewhere else.
- not going backJenSDined on 3/13/2014we go to the dredge each year . . . it's off the list. the last 2 years - food quality has declined. The wait at the table for the food to come out has been about 45 mins. Waitress forgets to bring half the party's drinks. They have ginger ale listed on the menu . . but they don't have it. Any one of these things on their own would be fine . . . just a lot of little things add up to a not so good experience. Too many other good places around town.
- Would not recommendBillDined on 3/12/2014This was the only place we could get a reservation. Now I know why .
- Something differentfavplacVIPDined on 3/8/2014If you are looking for something different, this is definitely it!Special Features:
- Breck diningluv2eatDined on 3/6/2014Not the best place in town but food was acceptable and service friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice: very goodASCSDined on 3/6/2014Excellent choice: very good food, superb attention by our waiter and very honest price. What else can one ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFamilyof6Dined on 3/4/2014Think they may have been short staffed but appetizer was forgotten... Many dishes came out wrong... And service was overburdened so we could not get anyone's attention for most of meal. Foot was ok, some good but that's about it, nothing very special about it at all. Bathroom out of toilet paper. Neat place but they need to step it up, I would not visit again.
- Good Food but a bit over pricedCraigDined on 3/3/2014the dinning room and service was great We had the flat iron steak and the crab legs (small portion) Both were very good but with a glass of wine this meal was just about $90 there are plenty of other places in the area that serve great food for much less. Sometimes you will find staff handing out 10% off coupons on main st. So keep an eye out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRayJDined on 3/3/2014My filet was tough, the vegetables came out cold. It was very quiet because the place was almost empty. Maybe the locals know something. The waitress was great and the service was good. The others in our group of nine were not impressed with the food.
- Love the historyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Enjoyed reading about the history of the establishment. This was the only restaurant that could accommodate our group of 8 on a Saturday night. The food was good, but the service was poor. I don't know if they weren't staffed properly or we just had an incompetent waiter. We waited 20 minutes for our order to be taken. We ordered wine with dinner, but when the meal was delivered we were informed that they no longer had the wine we ordered. We decided to each have individual glasses of wine. We were finished with our meals before the wine was served. When we asked to pay the bill, it took another 20 minutes for the waiter to process.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised - Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014We were reticent to have dinner here as it was the only restaurant we could get a reservation at 7:00 on a Friday evening. Read the good, the bad and the ugly reviews and decided to give The Dredge a chance. We were absolutely delighted by the meal. Filet Mignon was tender and juice, Buffalo Sirloin was delicious and the crab legs were meaty and moist. Would definitely go back on our next visit to Breckienridge.Special Features:
- Happy Hour!AlexDined on 2/17/2014Nice happy hour with half price apps and a variety of drinks to choose from. Had the artichoke dip - delicious and filling. We then went down to the dining room and had dinner. The tables were covered with paper and had crayons so we had tons of fun playing games. The food was delicious, had a chicken sandwich. I couldn't eat much because I was so full from the appetizer, but still delicious. Nice atmosphere. It was winter time so you could't see the restaurant surrounded by water but I can imagine it's beautiful in the summer.Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:
- Nickel & Dime YouFamilyskitripVIPDined on 2/15/2014We had a party of seven for dinner and mix results across the board for food and service. Why I named the review Nickel & Dime you was they wanted to up-charge you for every addition or change in the order. We ordered Pita Spinach Dip and it came with very few Pita chips. We finished the Pita chips and there was plenty of dip left . We asked for more Pita and it was an up-charge of $1.50 per Pita. "PER PITA-REALLY". Unfortunately the waiter did not make you feel welcome and it is what it is....... Overall the restaurant was average and it tells me a lot about the restaurant when Open Table has multiple time slot available on the day of reservations for every time. Great history for the restaurant and fun to know about but eat else where.Special Features:
- Coming backBreckin4Dined on 2/15/2014Went to The Dredge for a birthday/Valentine dinner. The waiter was very engaging and knowledgeable about the specials and menu. We ordered appetizers (crab cakes and spinach artichoke dip), salads, and entrees (steaks). The flow and flavors of the dinner was spot on. Look forward to dining at The Dredge again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Dredge, better than we expectedhorsenhawgDined on 2/14/2014We made reservations for Valentines Day dinner for four before we got to Breckenridge. After speaking to three locals, no one recommended the Dredge, unless you are going for a burger and apps upstairs at the bar and for Happy Hour. Too late to change reservations. The menu is mostly steaks, three of our party got them. All very good and perfectly cooked. I got the seafood pasta, and it was not to my taste. There was only one chicken option on the menu, and that dissappointed me (I'm not a big steak eater). The bread brought out before dinner was warm and yummy, we all had salads - the walnut blue cheese was delicious even though the dressing was a little weak. Triple Mouse desert and Frangelico was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cool idea, bad executionluvfoodDined on 2/9/2014My husband and I went to The Dredge on our last night in Breckenridge. We thought the concept was really neat, but we were quickly disappointed in our experience. The hostess sat us and gave us water right away. Our server greeted us shortly after we sat down and took our drink & appetizer order. Our appetizer was brought out before our drinks from the bar and our water was empty. Our server finally brought us the fresh bread she offered after we were about done with our apps. Then she finally brought out our drinks from the bar. (At this point, we had to ask 2 other people on separate occasions to fill our water glasses because our server wasn't around.) A large table got sat after we ordered our food & we were quickly neglected even moreSpecial Features:
- Great dinnerLovetodineDined on 2/1/2014My husband and I came here last year and decided to come again. Probably the best seafood pasta I have ever eaten!!! Waiter wasn't over the top friendly though. Love the restaurant though!Special Features:
- Worst service ever. It tookJustVisitingDined on 1/25/2014Worst service ever. It took 1 1/2 hours for our food to arrive. Steak order was mixed up. Had to beg other waiters for bread and water after waiting 1 hour. Food was good, so the service is a total shame. Thank god they had crayons so we could color to fight our hunger pains.
- Yearly!fromoldmexicoDined on 1/23/2014We use to go as a winter season restaurant in Breckenridge area year after year. The mussels are a must. Service is great an the view is amazing. Ask for a window table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no....just....noGAvisitorVIPDined on 1/15/2014What an awful experience. Finding the place was a disaster. The address lists it as being on Jefferson Avenue, and Google maps shows it ON Jefferson Ave as well. Its in the middle of a pond. Appetizer (spinach/artichoke dip) was awful: bright green and runny.. no artichokes. Looked like it came out of a can. A bright green flavorless mess.We sent it back and left. Went to Spenser's (at Beaver Run resort) delicious!! Will NEVER go back to the Dredge. Also: menu they give you is totally different than menu shown online at their website. They didn't seem to care it was so off..Special Features:
- Not the A-Team in kitchen.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2014Dined on a Sunday night, have had better food there on Saturday nights. Wait staff was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read the reviews2rcsVIPDined on 1/3/2014Read a lot of reviews about this place. Food was good and above my expectations. Service was not very good. I ordered another drink, however she brought a drink for my husband that he did not order. We ordered a child's meal at ordering time. Server never ordered the food. We finally got his chicken fingers and fries after we were done eating. We were informed it had only been 10 minutes on the ticket time when she finally placed the order for chicken fingers and fries. When I asked for the server to order my drink, she came to the table and stated to us, "did you need me." She also informed us that we did not order the child's meal. Overall, good food but service not the best. Probably will not return.
- AverageBrendaDined on 12/31/2013Average food, nice setting. The menu is nothing special compared to other restaurants in Breckenridge. If you are looking for a special occasion, try Hearthstone or Twist. Both are spectacular. The steaks were fine, pasta was nothing special but mussels on the appetizer menu were very good. The setting is very nice but service by a very young staff was spotty. Our waitress kept forgetting our orders and had to return to the table 3 times to confirm dishes. In addition, we never got the extra bread we asked for despite asking twice.Special Features: