The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
635 N Pottstown Pike
Exton, PA 19341Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.draftingroom.com/
- Phone: 6103630521
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday – 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 11:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 11:00pm - 12:30pm;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
Welcome to The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille. Located in the suburban Philadelphia area, The Drafting Room provides to its guests the finest in dining, beer, spirits and wines. Dine in style in our dining room, or catch a bite to eat in relaxed comfort of our taproom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (19)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (16)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- SulmaxVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great beer selection. Food is okay. Good, not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Nice TimeIrishDined on 8/10/2014Very predictable dining. Food is good, service is always friendly and good and atmosphere is very pleasant. The owner always greets you and checks up on you. Always a friendly crowd and people seem to be enjoying themselves. Food is good quality and a nice variety.Special Features:
- Great food; great service.SatnitedinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014The Drafting Room never fails to deliver a good meal with good service.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchMysteveDined on 8/10/2014Great Sunday brunch. Friendly wait staff. Casual atmosphere. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly stafflmd1Dined on 8/6/2014Very customer service oriented, friendly. Food was not so good.
- Great brunch!Hey59donna1Dined on 8/3/2014We've had several meals at The Drafting Room, brunch and dinners both. The service is always great. Attentive, but not to the pony of hovering, which I appreciate. Never a complaint with the food, waitstaff, & cleanliness. Highly recommend!!!👍. Oh, and the Sticky Buns......worth the price of admission.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid performanceChickmanDined on 7/26/2014We were immediately seated and the atmosphere was quite but upbeat and really nice. Great craft beer list and menu from some very interesting entrees to great sandwiches. One guest's filet was not done enough and it was immediately addressed and the wait staff and management were very attentive. Overall a really nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, nice place for dinnershoz410Dined on 7/21/2014Service and atmosphere ok. The one plus is the long list of beers to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service/Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great beer list to choose from. Food was mediocre. Service was absolutely top-notch.Special Features:
- Okay Food, Annoying ServiceFC777Dined on 7/18/2014The food was okay, although it's a bit pricey. Needles to say, the beer list is impressive. The waitress came to our table so often that we felt rushed. She would start talking, even though we would be in the middle of conversation. It was very strange and annoying. The manager did the same thing during our dinner to ask us about our meal. The funny thing is, when we left, he looked right at us and never said goodnight. That said, this was our second experience at The Drafting Room. Our first visit was much better, so maybe they were having an off night.Special Features:
- Tasty Business dinnerdehoopcoachDined on 7/15/2014I arranged for 3 of my co-workers and I to have dinner here. I have eaten here for lunch with my family many times and I reccommend the Turkey Burger for lunch it is excellent. On our dinner visit we all had the 8oz filet and I must say for a restaurant that is not a true steak house the meat was a great cut and it was prepared perfectly. We all enjoyed the food, the service and would highly reccommend you to come here to enjoy this under the radar restaurant.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureIrishDined on 7/6/2014We always enjoy The Drafting Room. Food is delicious, staff is super friendly and VERY hard working (including the owner) and the atmosphere is always relaxing. Would recommend for groups or dinner for two. Also an easy spot to grab a seat at the bar and watch a game. Try it; you will like it!Special Features:
- sometimes it is great...YoSchloDined on 6/27/2014WE love the restaurant but it is so hit or miss. Sometimes the food is great and sometimes it is burned. The wait staff are awesome sometimes and terrible the next. The beer list is always good but not always cold.Special Features:
- Go for the beer listglofVIPDined on 6/21/2014some dinners were good others were okay. Waitress was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service1971NovaDined on 6/7/2014As usual, the food there is good to very good. The service was excellent. The server was fun and very helpful. My significant other doe have a few food restrictions and she was very helpful with the order.Special Features:
- Great food and beerLikesToDineDined on 6/7/2014Of course, The Drafting Room is known for its extensive beer list. Our knowledgeable server was helpful with both the menu and beer suggestions, but not pushy in the least. The house beer is listed as a Harvest Ale, but she knew that as an IPA fan, I'd like it. She was right. My wife and I both enjoyed our entrees. Generous portions, but we stuffed in a crème brulee anyway. A very nice evening out.
- Great food, lousy atmosphereDan1964Dined on 5/31/2014My wife and I ate there last night with another couple. I checked out the menu online before I went so I knew what the prices were beforehand. When we got there and sat down I was kind of shocked. The place seamed filthy. For the prices I would have thought it was a "Fine Dining" establishment. Other reviews I've read said it was a favorite in Exton, PA. Didn't see that either, at 7:00 on a Saturday night the place was almost empty. Food was great. Service was great. Just the upkeep of the building was awful. The window shade by my table was non-operational because the string broke and instead of fixing it someone "wired" it in place with a paperclip, and filthy. When I stood up I literally stuck to the carpet because it was so filthy.
- Nice Evening at the Drafting Room!GerrieDined on 5/28/2014Service was great! Looks like the menu has been pared down quite a bit since our last visit but there were ample choices for our dinner. Restaurant looks like it could use a little sprucing up inside and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drafting RoomJamesDined on 5/25/2014They have an excellent brunch and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/25/2014wide variety of well prepared food items ran the gamut: from bagels & lox and eggs benedict to seafood to prime rib and a sweet table. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Omelet/meat carving stationLabLoverDined on 5/25/2014The person making the wonderful omelets, should not also be the person carving the meat. The place was pretty busy, but not crazy, but he could not do both - handling 2 omelets at a time - we who were not wanting an omelet had to wait way to long for a piece of meat.Special Features:
- Great BrunchBillFDined on 5/25/2014Drafting room has a great Sunday Brunch, one of the best in the area. Excellent selection of well prepared food and a nice atmosphere. Staff is always cheerful and take good care of the customers.Special Features:
- HappyBDayGirlDined on 5/25/2014I've been here many times and it is always very good. This time, my family and I had an excellent brunch, with a terrific variety of breakfast and lunch items to choose from. The Bloody Mary I had was just spicy enough to kick start my day. Then I ate so much that I didn't even think about food again until about eight hours later. The restaurant was quite busy, but the staff could not have been more pleasant or attentive. I highly recommend brunch at the Drafting Room!Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinnerElALVIPDined on 5/17/2014We were there with 11 people for my son's birthday. The food was good, but the server seemed a bit overwhelmed. She would ask one of us what we wanted and miss the rest of the group. All in all, it was a good experience. There's a very good beer selection, and a good variety of choices on the menu. I found some sand in my mussels, but the flavor of the sauce was good. The salad was very good. This is a good place for an upscale casual meal with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service, loud, just ok foodmndagabrielleDined on 5/10/2014Terrible service throughout the meal despite a ton of staff running around. It took minutes to noticed by a hostess and once seated out waitress just shouted questions at us while serving other tables. It took 10 min to get drinks, and so long to get appetizers that we forgot we ordered them. The only time we received decent service was when the rest of our section cleared. And even then it was still noisy! We had to shout at each other. Better off sitting at the bar where it is ironically quiet. The food was ok- filet, lumpy mashed potatoes and steamed green beans-but expensive for what you got. For 4 people, without dessert, $150 is way too much for that experience. We won't be coming back.Special Features:
- The following 83 reviews are from the The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille reviews archive.
- ThymThymVIPDined on 3/29/2014The food from the Appetizers to the Main Course was not hot, and the french onion soup was so bland Campbell s makes a better canned soup. The wait staff was not very attentive. Won't be back ever.
- Happy HourGirlsoutDined on 3/24/2014Met some friends at the Drafting Room for Happy Hour so our food choices were bar foods. The sliders and wings were very good. Service was adequate. We sat in the dining room which was conducive to talking. All in all it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after all these yearsfoodsnob84Dined on 3/23/2014I haven't been to the Drafting room for quite a while. And I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Awesome service, wonderful food, huge variety of both hot and cold items. Glad to see the Omelet and Carving stations are still a fixture. This place is still a relevant and professional destination. Kudos!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night dinner and music!BestbobVIPDined on 3/22/2014Offered both quiet dinner in the restaurant or choose the bar which was first come first serve.. which we did and were seated before we finished our first drink. They had live music from 8:30 till 11:30 taking requests made it a great night out not just dinner. The menu had lots of fun choices all great and a good value as well. In this area where I live you would have to pass by 100 restaurants traveling 30 minutes to get there and it was well worth it,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014The service was out of this world! For this reason we will return. The crab and corn chowder was great however the main entrees were just average. The mashed potatoes lacked flavor and the broccoli was too crunchy. The pork chop was tasty but not amazing. They have a nice menu with a lot of potential but the actual food was not as good as we hoped. Will try again.Special Features:
- Nice MenuCliftonGalVIPDined on 3/19/2014I was I the area on business with a colleague and this restaurant was recommended. We enjoyed the food and service. Both were very good.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchBarb57Dined on 3/9/2014It was our second time there for brunch and we were not disappointed! Food was great with a nice selection. Recommend this to friends for brunch that is reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good placeAtlanta01VIPDined on 3/5/2014The food was good and service good as well. Nice place.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchbowegDined on 3/2/2014I have been wanting to try their Sunday Brunch for almost a year and finally went this past Sunday. It did not disappoint. There was a nice variety of foods and everything was hot. My favorite was the crab benedict that you order as part of the buffet. It was delicious! I will definately be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really really good foodSadieDined on 3/1/2014We loved it here! The food was out of this world and great draft beer list! Our server was super funny and attentive! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th Birthdayavalvar17Dined on 3/1/2014Had a very enjoyable time. The waitress was awesome. She fulfilled everyone's needs. Will be happy to return again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dead on Friday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Probably bad sign that our group of 4 were the only ones in the bar at 11pm on a Friday night. Not a very popular place in Exton.
- nice dinnerkristinDined on 2/28/2014Friendly and welcoming service. Server was wonderful. food was very good and wine choices were good as well. it is a bit noisy at dinner, but we would come back again, just a bit later in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried chicken sanwich wascrphillyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Fried chicken sanwich was very good. Raspberry iced tea lacked any flavor. Mussles were good sized portion with sweet potato fries on top. Not a fan of Sweet Potato fries they serve with everything, but outside of that I would go back again.
- We were celebrating a birthdayBeanieDined on 2/16/2014We were celebrating a birthday and the waitress gave us enough time to have cocktails, open presents, and have a great time while we were there. We all agreed the food was delicious and would return soon. The price is right for the amount of good food that you receive!Special Features: