The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
635 N Pottstown Pike
Exton, PA 19341Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.draftingroom.com/
- Phone: 6103630521
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday – 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 11:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 11:00pm - 12:30pm;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
Welcome to The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille. Located in the suburban Philadelphia area, The Drafting Room provides to its guests the finest in dining, beer, spirits and wines. Dine in style in our dining room, or catch a bite to eat in relaxed comfort of our taproom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille - Best Restaurants in Exton ›
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (20)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (11)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- The best of the best at any priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I cannot imagine a better or more satisfing Sunday Brunch. The seafood is incredible for the price and the custom omlets are remarkable. Try the smoked Salmon. I was told by the Chef that they start smoking it on Thursday! I have been coming here for a few years now and the Brunch and Dinner menu are always awesome. If you like single malt scotch this place is untouchable for the price and selection. Hey guys, you can send the promo check to ... ;-) Keep up the great workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aways a good timeJohnnyMoto69Dined on 9/27/2014Great food, reasonable prices, great service, good beer list!!! 8)Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Hadn't been for a couple of years, but the food is still excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blinner is a winner!grammyDined on 9/21/2014Extensive Sunday Brunch Buffet selections satisfies Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner = "Blinner". Must haves: crab Florentine eggs benedict, smoked salmon, Caesar salad, whitefish salad, peel 'n eat shrimp, mussels. Many entrée selections, including prime rib, all enjoyableSpecial Features:
- going here for years/always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Whether Brunch, Lunch or Dinner they always exceed expectations. Fantastic beer list and, great service - (and the always make sure the kids meals come out early).Special Features:
- Fabulous!moV528Dined on 9/19/2014Great food. Large specialty drink list. Big beer assortment. Fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Restaurant!LewisDined on 9/14/2014We’ve been to The Drafting Room several times. The food is always outstanding. They always have a list of great specials. I’ve ordered from their regular menu and from the special menu; both are amazing. Although I do not drink, my family and friends have ordered from their extensive beer and wine list. They were all happy with The Drafting Room’s selection. The wait staff is attentive and always asking if they can do anything else to help with our dining experience. I would recommend The Drafting Room to anyone looking for great food and drink and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pub fareLongtimeOTVIPVIPDined on 9/13/2014Best part of The Drafting Room was our service from Sarah. She was very accommodating. They have a nice selection of specialty cocktails and martinis. The draft beer list wasn't as extensive and didn't have as much variety as I was expecting. Food was good; we'd recommend the mushroom soup and asparagus fries and the black bass and crab cake were fine. The rustic tart was a very good choice for dessert.
- Good not greatAxlmalDined on 9/12/2014Good beer list and decent food. Slightly pricey but all in all a good place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice selection of BeersyumyumDined on 9/10/2014Beer selection and cheese boards were fun Crab corn chowder was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!- okay surroundingsconstantdinerdonDined on 9/10/2014We really enjoyed the food. Everyone in our group of six said that the food was outstanding. The ambiance is average, but we came for the food! We definitely would come again. We dined at the Drafting Room in the past, but not for a few years. We were happy that we returned. Loved the selection of beers from everywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting spottruffie83Dined on 8/31/2014We have been to the Drafting Room 3 times - it is a halfway point to meet friends who live in Philly (we coming from Reading). We have enjoyed our dining experience each time and it will continue to be our go to spot. Food and staff are great, and plenty of drinks to choose from.Special Features:
- Great crab Benedict!PachoDined on 8/31/2014Nothing aside from that to rave about, but everything we tried was pretty good except for the prime rib, it was dry! The desserts were 90% frozen , not homemade. Great service :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SulmaxVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great beer selection. Food is okay. Good, not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family night outvegetarianmomDined on 8/22/2014Good food and family friendly. Service was good and our waitress was fantastic!Special Features:
- Another Nice TimeIrishDined on 8/10/2014Very predictable dining. Food is good, service is always friendly and good and atmosphere is very pleasant. The owner always greets you and checks up on you. Always a friendly crowd and people seem to be enjoying themselves. Food is good quality and a nice variety.Special Features:
- Great food; great service.SatnitedinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014The Drafting Room never fails to deliver a good meal with good service.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchMysteveDined on 8/10/2014Great Sunday brunch. Friendly wait staff. Casual atmosphere. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly stafflmd1Dined on 8/6/2014Very customer service oriented, friendly. Food was not so good.
- Great brunch!Hey59donna1Dined on 8/3/2014We've had several meals at The Drafting Room, brunch and dinners both. The service is always great. Attentive, but not to the pony of hovering, which I appreciate. Never a complaint with the food, waitstaff, & cleanliness. Highly recommend!!!👍. Oh, and the Sticky Buns......worth the price of admission.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid performanceChickmanDined on 7/26/2014We were immediately seated and the atmosphere was quite but upbeat and really nice. Great craft beer list and menu from some very interesting entrees to great sandwiches. One guest's filet was not done enough and it was immediately addressed and the wait staff and management were very attentive. Overall a really nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, nice place for dinnershoz410Dined on 7/21/2014Service and atmosphere ok. The one plus is the long list of beers to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service/Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great beer list to choose from. Food was mediocre. Service was absolutely top-notch.Special Features:
- Craft and Import Beer to ImpressOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014A well crafted menu supports an excellent beer list in this tucked-away-in-a-strip-mall location. Such a pleasant surprise!Special Features:
- Okay Food, Annoying ServiceFC777Dined on 7/18/2014The food was okay, although it's a bit pricey. Needles to say, the beer list is impressive. The waitress came to our table so often that we felt rushed. She would start talking, even though we would be in the middle of conversation. It was very strange and annoying. The manager did the same thing during our dinner to ask us about our meal. The funny thing is, when we left, he looked right at us and never said goodnight. That said, this was our second experience at The Drafting Room. Our first visit was much better, so maybe they were having an off night.Special Features:
- Tasty Business dinnerdehoopcoachDined on 7/15/2014I arranged for 3 of my co-workers and I to have dinner here. I have eaten here for lunch with my family many times and I reccommend the Turkey Burger for lunch it is excellent. On our dinner visit we all had the 8oz filet and I must say for a restaurant that is not a true steak house the meat was a great cut and it was prepared perfectly. We all enjoyed the food, the service and would highly reccommend you to come here to enjoy this under the radar restaurant.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureIrishDined on 7/6/2014We always enjoy The Drafting Room. Food is delicious, staff is super friendly and VERY hard working (including the owner) and the atmosphere is always relaxing. Would recommend for groups or dinner for two. Also an easy spot to grab a seat at the bar and watch a game. Try it; you will like it!Special Features:
- sometimes it is great...YoSchloDined on 6/27/2014WE love the restaurant but it is so hit or miss. Sometimes the food is great and sometimes it is burned. The wait staff are awesome sometimes and terrible the next. The beer list is always good but not always cold.Special Features:
- Go for the beer listglofVIPDined on 6/21/2014some dinners were good others were okay. Waitress was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service1971NovaDined on 6/7/2014As usual, the food there is good to very good. The service was excellent. The server was fun and very helpful. My significant other doe have a few food restrictions and she was very helpful with the order.Special Features:
- Great food and beerLikesToDineDined on 6/7/2014Of course, The Drafting Room is known for its extensive beer list. Our knowledgeable server was helpful with both the menu and beer suggestions, but not pushy in the least. The house beer is listed as a Harvest Ale, but she knew that as an IPA fan, I'd like it. She was right. My wife and I both enjoyed our entrees. Generous portions, but we stuffed in a crème brulee anyway. A very nice evening out.
- The following 92 reviews are from the The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille reviews archive.
- Great food, lousy atmosphereDan1964Dined on 5/31/2014My wife and I ate there last night with another couple. I checked out the menu online before I went so I knew what the prices were beforehand. When we got there and sat down I was kind of shocked. The place seamed filthy. For the prices I would have thought it was a "Fine Dining" establishment. Other reviews I've read said it was a favorite in Exton, PA. Didn't see that either, at 7:00 on a Saturday night the place was almost empty. Food was great. Service was great. Just the upkeep of the building was awful. The window shade by my table was non-operational because the string broke and instead of fixing it someone "wired" it in place with a paperclip, and filthy. When I stood up I literally stuck to the carpet because it was so filthy.
- Nice Evening at the Drafting Room!GerrieDined on 5/28/2014Service was great! Looks like the menu has been pared down quite a bit since our last visit but there were ample choices for our dinner. Restaurant looks like it could use a little sprucing up inside and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drafting RoomJamesDined on 5/25/2014They have an excellent brunch and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchgrammyDined on 5/25/2014wide variety of well prepared food items ran the gamut: from bagels & lox and eggs benedict to seafood to prime rib and a sweet table. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Omelet/meat carving stationLabLoverDined on 5/25/2014The person making the wonderful omelets, should not also be the person carving the meat. The place was pretty busy, but not crazy, but he could not do both - handling 2 omelets at a time - we who were not wanting an omelet had to wait way to long for a piece of meat.Special Features:
- Great BrunchBillFDined on 5/25/2014Drafting room has a great Sunday Brunch, one of the best in the area. Excellent selection of well prepared food and a nice atmosphere. Staff is always cheerful and take good care of the customers.Special Features:
- HappyBDayGirlDined on 5/25/2014I've been here many times and it is always very good. This time, my family and I had an excellent brunch, with a terrific variety of breakfast and lunch items to choose from. The Bloody Mary I had was just spicy enough to kick start my day. Then I ate so much that I didn't even think about food again until about eight hours later. The restaurant was quite busy, but the staff could not have been more pleasant or attentive. I highly recommend brunch at the Drafting Room!Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinnerElALVIPDined on 5/17/2014We were there with 11 people for my son's birthday. The food was good, but the server seemed a bit overwhelmed. She would ask one of us what we wanted and miss the rest of the group. All in all, it was a good experience. There's a very good beer selection, and a good variety of choices on the menu. I found some sand in my mussels, but the flavor of the sauce was good. The salad was very good. This is a good place for an upscale casual meal with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service, loud, just ok foodmndagabrielleDined on 5/10/2014Terrible service throughout the meal despite a ton of staff running around. It took minutes to noticed by a hostess and once seated out waitress just shouted questions at us while serving other tables. It took 10 min to get drinks, and so long to get appetizers that we forgot we ordered them. The only time we received decent service was when the rest of our section cleared. And even then it was still noisy! We had to shout at each other. Better off sitting at the bar where it is ironically quiet. The food was ok- filet, lumpy mashed potatoes and steamed green beans-but expensive for what you got. For 4 people, without dessert, $150 is way too much for that experience. We won't be coming back.Special Features: