The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
635 N Pottstown Pike
Exton, PA 19341Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.draftingroom.com/
- Phone: (610) 363-0521
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday – 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 10:00pm - 11:00pm;
Friday and Saturday: 11:00pm - 12:30pm;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille
Welcome to The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille. Located in the suburban Philadelphia area, The Drafting Room provides to its guests the finest in dining, beer, spirits and wines. Dine in style in our dining room, or catch a bite to eat in relaxed comfort of our taproom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (29)great for brunch (24)fit for foodies (15)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)special occasion (6)notable wine list (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Must check this place outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Found it on yelp and so glad we did. We had two children with us on a Saturday night at 8:30. Kids felt welcome and loved the food. We all enjoyed the live music. Our food was excellent beer choices were great. Over all so glad we found it. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food as usual.GregWestChesterPADined on 11/14/2014Good food. Salmon is consistently fresh, and the bread was fresh and hot. Great beer selection to go with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls night!PhillyfanDined on 11/7/2014My girlfriends and met here for a long overdue dinner and we had a fanatastic meal! The Tuscan ravioli was delicious and we all got the mushroom soup which had big slices of mushroom, superb! Wine list was reasonably priced and good selection. Service was exceptional and very patient especially since they had 4 girls who hadn't seen each other for a year and had lots of catching up to do! We never felt rushed and our waitress, Michelle was very attentive. We will definitely be back (hopefully in less than a year:-).Special Features:
- Great Brunch !Books2Dined on 11/2/2014We visited the Drafting Room for Sunday brunch. Among the 4 of us, we agreed that everything we chose was delicious. (How often does that happen?) There was a nice diversity of food ... shrimp & fish, salads, meat dishes, omelets and typical breakfast choices, and a carving station. The eggs benedict and stickies were especially good. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Maybe she was having a bad day?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014We have eaten here several times and always enjoy the good food and friendly service. Tonight's experience was very different. We ordered a shared appetizer (stuffed dates - very tasty), two entrees, and a bottle of wine. The food was very good and served in a timely fashion. For some reason, however, our waitress could not seem to remember to bring the wine...even after asking her THREE TIMES! After finishing our entrees (washed down with water we had to request from another waitress), our waitress came to see if we wanted anything else. We told her we were finished and that she could cancel the bottle of wine. Her response: "Oh, are you sure?" With all of the dining options in the area, it will be quite a while before we return.
- A menu with something for everyonedinelocalDined on 10/25/2014We had a large group so the noise level was definitely raised by our presence! The server was wonderful and patient with our catching up with each other. We never felt rushed. The food is always fantastic here. I was in charge of picking the location for our group of 10 and I know that the Drafting room menu has something for every eater. Large or small appetite, vegetarian, glucose avoider, pasta lover or carnivore - all are happy. Glad to see that some of our long time favorites stay on the menu like the Greek Salad, the Goat Cheese & Apple Salad and the amazing Mushroom Soup & Corn Chowders!Special Features:
- Service is fair. Food good.SatnitedinerVIPDined on 10/16/2014The decor needs to be updated. Service was ok. Food ok. Like the sister restaurant (Brickside Grille) better. Sun. brunch is very good though.Special Features:
- The Drafting RoomLynnDined on 10/15/2014Great food and great, friendly service! This is a great place to get out and enjoy time with friends, coworkers, or a significant other.Special Features:
- DeliciouskpaxDined on 10/3/2014This place has a great menu, awesome beers and amazing cheese boards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedDianeDined on 10/3/2014I've been to the Drafting Room many times, but hadn't been there for several years. It was a girls night out, so we just had salads and appetizers. I think we had a new waiter, the service was very slow. The waiter was trying, but a couple of us ordered wine, and It took 20 minutes to get it. One of us had a huge hair on the plate when the salad was served. I know that that can happen, and they were very gracious when we asked them to just take it off the bill and forget it. The appetizers were OK, but not great. I probably won't go back for awhile, but will give them another chance. The Drafting room hasn't been updated since it opened, and it's definitely time for it to be updatedSpecial Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerCommodoreHumphryDined on 10/1/2014My wife an I have been to the Drafting Room for dinner a few times, never disappointing. We always come early so we can enjoy some time at the bar, which is usually busy, and relax before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of the best at any priceArchitectDined on 9/28/2014I cannot imagine a better or more satisfing Sunday Brunch. The seafood is incredible for the price and the custom omlets are remarkable. Try the smoked Salmon. I was told by the Chef that they start smoking it on Thursday! I have been coming here for a few years now and the Brunch and Dinner menu are always awesome. If you like single malt scotch this place is untouchable for the price and selection. Hey guys, you can send the promo check to ... ;-) Keep up the great workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aways a good timeJohnnyMoto69Dined on 9/27/2014Great food, reasonable prices, great service, good beer list!!! 8)Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Hadn't been for a couple of years, but the food is still excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blinner is a winner!grammyDined on 9/21/2014Extensive Sunday Brunch Buffet selections satisfies Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner = "Blinner". Must haves: crab Florentine eggs benedict, smoked salmon, Caesar salad, whitefish salad, peel 'n eat shrimp, mussels. Many entrée selections, including prime rib, all enjoyableSpecial Features:
- going here for years/always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Whether Brunch, Lunch or Dinner they always exceed expectations. Fantastic beer list and, great service - (and the always make sure the kids meals come out early).Special Features:
- Fabulous!moV528Dined on 9/19/2014Great food. Large specialty drink list. Big beer assortment. Fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Restaurant!LewisDined on 9/14/2014We’ve been to The Drafting Room several times. The food is always outstanding. They always have a list of great specials. I’ve ordered from their regular menu and from the special menu; both are amazing. Although I do not drink, my family and friends have ordered from their extensive beer and wine list. They were all happy with The Drafting Room’s selection. The wait staff is attentive and always asking if they can do anything else to help with our dining experience. I would recommend The Drafting Room to anyone looking for great food and drink and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pub fareLongtimeOTVIPVIPDined on 9/13/2014Best part of The Drafting Room was our service from Sarah. She was very accommodating. They have a nice selection of specialty cocktails and martinis. The draft beer list wasn't as extensive and didn't have as much variety as I was expecting. Food was good; we'd recommend the mushroom soup and asparagus fries and the black bass and crab cake were fine. The rustic tart was a very good choice for dessert.
- Good not greatAxlmalDined on 9/12/2014Good beer list and decent food. Slightly pricey but all in all a good place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice selection of BeersyumyumDined on 9/10/2014Beer selection and cheese boards were fun Crab corn chowder was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!- okay surroundingsconstantdinerdonDined on 9/10/2014We really enjoyed the food. Everyone in our group of six said that the food was outstanding. The ambiance is average, but we came for the food! We definitely would come again. We dined at the Drafting Room in the past, but not for a few years. We were happy that we returned. Loved the selection of beers from everywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting spottruffie83Dined on 8/31/2014We have been to the Drafting Room 3 times - it is a halfway point to meet friends who live in Philly (we coming from Reading). We have enjoyed our dining experience each time and it will continue to be our go to spot. Food and staff are great, and plenty of drinks to choose from.Special Features:
- Great crab Benedict!PachoDined on 8/31/2014Nothing aside from that to rave about, but everything we tried was pretty good except for the prime rib, it was dry! The desserts were 90% frozen , not homemade. Great service :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SulmaxVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great beer selection. Food is okay. Good, not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family night outvegetarianmomDined on 8/22/2014Good food and family friendly. Service was good and our waitress was fantastic!Special Features:
- Another Nice TimeIrishDined on 8/10/2014Very predictable dining. Food is good, service is always friendly and good and atmosphere is very pleasant. The owner always greets you and checks up on you. Always a friendly crowd and people seem to be enjoying themselves. Food is good quality and a nice variety.Special Features:
- Great food; great service.SatnitedinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014The Drafting Room never fails to deliver a good meal with good service.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchMysteveDined on 8/10/2014Great Sunday brunch. Friendly wait staff. Casual atmosphere. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly stafflmd1Dined on 8/6/2014Very customer service oriented, friendly. Food was not so good.
- Great brunch!Hey59donna1Dined on 8/3/2014We've had several meals at The Drafting Room, brunch and dinners both. The service is always great. Attentive, but not to the pony of hovering, which I appreciate. Never a complaint with the food, waitstaff, & cleanliness. Highly recommend!!!👍. Oh, and the Sticky Buns......worth the price of admission.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the The Drafting Room Taproom & Grille reviews archive.
- Solid performanceChickmanDined on 7/26/2014We were immediately seated and the atmosphere was quite but upbeat and really nice. Great craft beer list and menu from some very interesting entrees to great sandwiches. One guest's filet was not done enough and it was immediately addressed and the wait staff and management were very attentive. Overall a really nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, nice place for dinnershoz410Dined on 7/21/2014Service and atmosphere ok. The one plus is the long list of beers to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service/Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great beer list to choose from. Food was mediocre. Service was absolutely top-notch.Special Features:
- Craft and Import Beer to ImpressOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014A well crafted menu supports an excellent beer list in this tucked-away-in-a-strip-mall location. Such a pleasant surprise!Special Features:
- Okay Food, Annoying ServiceFC777Dined on 7/18/2014The food was okay, although it's a bit pricey. Needles to say, the beer list is impressive. The waitress came to our table so often that we felt rushed. She would start talking, even though we would be in the middle of conversation. It was very strange and annoying. The manager did the same thing during our dinner to ask us about our meal. The funny thing is, when we left, he looked right at us and never said goodnight. That said, this was our second experience at The Drafting Room. Our first visit was much better, so maybe they were having an off night.Special Features:
- Tasty Business dinnerdehoopcoachDined on 7/15/2014I arranged for 3 of my co-workers and I to have dinner here. I have eaten here for lunch with my family many times and I reccommend the Turkey Burger for lunch it is excellent. On our dinner visit we all had the 8oz filet and I must say for a restaurant that is not a true steak house the meat was a great cut and it was prepared perfectly. We all enjoyed the food, the service and would highly reccommend you to come here to enjoy this under the radar restaurant.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureIrishDined on 7/6/2014We always enjoy The Drafting Room. Food is delicious, staff is super friendly and VERY hard working (including the owner) and the atmosphere is always relaxing. Would recommend for groups or dinner for two. Also an easy spot to grab a seat at the bar and watch a game. Try it; you will like it!Special Features:
- sometimes it is great...YoSchloDined on 6/27/2014WE love the restaurant but it is so hit or miss. Sometimes the food is great and sometimes it is burned. The wait staff are awesome sometimes and terrible the next. The beer list is always good but not always cold.Special Features:
- Go for the beer listglofVIPDined on 6/21/2014some dinners were good others were okay. Waitress was great.I would recommend this to a friend.