271 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thedomebar.com/
- Phone: 3056484999
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday: Lunch 12:00pm-3pm, Dinner 5pm-10pm
Wednesday: Lunch 12:00pm-3pm, Dinner 5pm-10pm
Thursday: Lunch 12:00pm-3pm, Dinner 5pm-10pm
Friday: Lunch 12:00pm-3pm, Dinner 5pm Until 2am
Saturday: Brunch 11am - 3pm, Dinner 5pm Until 2am
Happy Hour: Wednesday - Friday 5pm - 7pm
Reverse Happy Hour: Friday - Saturday 12am - 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Marsha Orosco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Dome bar is proud to offer Limited Menu and Full Liquor Service catering! We are available all year round for Private Parties, Weddings, Special Events and Corporate Events.
For inquiries on prices and availability
- Entertainment: Come enjoy The Dome Bar's live entertainment featuring Blues and Jazz artist Thursday nights while feaureing South Florida's hottest new DJ's on Friday & Saturday nights!
A word from The Dome
Welcome to the The Dome Restaurant, Bar, & Lounge! The Dome is a full service Restaurant and liquor bar serving Latin New World Cuisine along with an exquisite Caviar Bar. Come try our delectable food and cocktails featured on our state of art digital menus. You are always a welcomed guest at The Dome Bar! www.TheDomeBar.comContinued
271 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134
271 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Dome reviews from OpenTable diners
- Reserved a table in advanceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Reserved a table in advance for a surprise birthday dinner on a Friday night. Ordered the $290 royal caviar for the birthday boy, as well as three orders of the $40 caviar for the table, and four bottles of $40 champagne. The guests (12 people) then each ordered their own dinners. Friday ladies get free champagne after midnight. The four bottles ran out at 11:30. On a $640 table tab, along with whatever each of my guests got on their own, this lovely establishment wouldn't start the complimentary champagne 30 minutes early. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Our server (Todd) was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2013Our server (Todd) was excellent - knowledgeable, patient and attentive without being a pest - his recommendations were spot-on, and everything was delivered to the table w/ impeccable timing. Dinner was fabulous - sliders, lemonfish, ceviche, truffle fries - all YUM!! Dessert was a heavenly 3-layer chocolate creation w/ coconut ice cream. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- A miracle restaurant on theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013A miracle restaurant on the mile. Our server/bartender Christine was wonderful (good hire) I will be back, thank you.Special Features:
- Great little spot on the mile.DannyD41VIPDined on 3/16/2013Great little spot on the mile. Food was excellent, nice drink menu. Fabian at the bar was superb. One of a kind. Really made our experience that much better. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant; Good Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2013This was a great dinning experience. We went for our 26th anniversary. The staff and owner were very gracious in ensuring that this was a special night. The drinks were great. The food was different and fun. I would highly recommend the restaurant. .Special Features:
- Love this Place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013This is the BEST!! Been here many times and always a great time and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They mean well but it stillLuismiVIPDined on 2/14/2013They mean well but it still feels a bit amateurish. The food is OK, but this is the second time we go and the champagne was warm again, which was a big turn off. Funny enough the waiter pushed back to the point that my wife insisted he should try it. You can tell there's no team work between the waiters and overall the service leaves a lot to be desired. From our perspective this was the second and last chance. I really doubt we will be back. We can always buy a can of caviar and eat it at home, where our champagne is always cold!
- Something for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/2/2013We are omnivores and loved the gluten free and vegetarian options!Special Features:
- Finally, fun music and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/1/2013I celebrated my daughter 19th birthday with a group of 12 and we had a fantastic time. The food is delicious, the music is a fun mix of 70-80 and 90. Everyone in the party loved the place the teenagers as well as the 20-30 groups and the 40+. A must go to !!!Special Features:
- Interesting restaurant, withcollegemomVIPDined on 2/1/2013Interesting restaurant, with a very eco-friendly theme. They tend to over-emphasize that theme, and it borders on too trendy (ipads instead of menus . . . an eco-friendly ventilation system that requires that they keep it freezing! inside on a beautiful 70 degree evening). Food was good but not necessarily worth the price. The small plates are truly small.
- Delicious, organic/farm-to-tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2013Delicious, organic/farm-to-table food. Certified green restaurant with all recycled material and paperless (iPad) menus. Scallops (special) were beyond amazing, crab cakes were great and basil pesto chicken (special) was awesome. All around fabulous experience!Special Features:
- Great place .... different.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Great place .... different. Many reasons to return.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012very poor attention to detail, food came out very slowly, drinks also slow to come to table, not a very busy night, even the owner preferred to "chat with the customers rather than see to the service. Will not return.
- The Dome is above it all !KellyDined on 12/1/2012A most unique Venue. Their Website and Yelp don't do them justice on the Interior. I and a date had a most unique experiance. Presentation of the Food starts from IPAD's which add color and reality to the board of fare. From her Vegetarian Pasta (which I as a Non Vegetarian ended up enjoying just as much as she) sprinkled in Caviar (Yum) to my Seafood Platter, presented on a Glass Plate, with Lobster, Cervice, Scallops etc was simply New Orleans Amazing. Cerviche. We had their sampler platter which was simply amazing. I was not that big of a fan of Cerviche, but now I am, as long as I order it from 'The Dome' The Chef sent us out two amazing surprises. 'Plantain Croquets' which we devoured. " Cucumber Shots " an eloquent EliSpecial Features:
- We love the food at this restaurantVIPDinerVIPDined on 11/30/2012We love the food at this restaurant and generally recommend it. However, some of our friends which have gone our recommendation have a major sticking point--which is the charge for the water which should be free as in every place in the Gables. No other quality restaurant in Coral Gables does it and its a shame they are turning away clients for such a petty charge. This is what separates good restaurants (Dome) from the 5-star restaurants in the Gables.Special Features:
- We went to The Dome to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2012We went to The Dome to celebrate my daughter's 18th Birthday. It was a Thursday and the restaurant was virtually empty. However the food and the service were outstanding. The decor is interesting. Loved the Ipad menus. I look forward to returning. Hope more people in Coral Gables support this woman owned restaurant.Special Features:
- Great décor and I love theGregoryDined on 10/16/2012Great décor and I love the sustainability aspect. On the night we went it was an off night so the place was not crowded. Thus, we enjoyed great attention and the food was great. You can order off an iPad which is a great thing because you can actually see what the dish will look like, and it does not disappoint. I will go back, it's very good.Special Features:
- Cool fushion of food and music,2toTangoVIPDined on 10/13/2012Cool fushion of food and music, along with refreshingly taking food sustainability to a practical local approach.Special Features:
- Delicious appetizers, interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2012Delicious appetizers, interesting selection of appetizers and small plates. Salmon Entree was delicious.Special Features:
- Food was fair. RestaurantjoeyVIPDined on 9/22/2012Food was fair. Restaurant is too small for the noise level.
- Exceptionally friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Exceptionally friendly service and great caviar options. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- I have been to Dome threeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/8/2012I have been to Dome three times and every time the service has not been good. I don't think I will be back anytime soon,
- Dome had beautiful ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2012Dome had beautiful ambiance and well prepared food. The caviar menu and it's approach to sustainability were standouts!Special Features:
- Always a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Always a great experience. Service and food Always at highest quality.Special Features:
- We went for MiamiSpice, weLuckyNVIPDined on 8/31/2012We went for MiamiSpice, we found the place little but nice, the food was very good and the portions huge.Special Features:
- Bad Bad Service...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012They did not have the wine that we wanted, they did not have flan, the service on regards to the utinciles was very poor, my wife wanted the fork changed and they did not, is like everything was in a hurry to have the customer out fast. I like the restaurant but that experience was incredibly bad for us a customers.
- Their eclectic fusion foodVIPDinerVIPDined on 8/18/2012Their eclectic fusion food is superb. Kudos to the chef for the yuca croquettes, definitely amazing. Also love the Ipad menus--nice touch. The glassware & place settings are beautiful. Wine list is good even though they have raised the prices substantially since opening. Gone is the affordable Rose which was a highlight & a perfect match to some of the foods. The service is just ok-- a big negative is they slap you with a ridiculous 'water' fee in a city where the water is excellent (& free). And no prior disclosure --they serve you the water without asking & then tack it on to your bill. We didn't realize it until later..Shame on the Dome for being petty! BTW Spice Menu isn't a bargain either--price it out & u will see..Special Features:
- Something different in the Gables!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012We enjoyed the ambiance and creative decor of The Dome. The Gazpacho was below par (we sent it back) but the other dishes were quite tasty. They had something for everyone - Vegans, Pescatarians, and regular foodies! The chef was willing to prepare the meals anyway you liked. Great wine selection,as well. A great place to try, something different!Special Features:
- Top in the Gables!OUTSTANDINGDined on 8/17/2012The Dome is dear to our hearts. We celebrated our wedding reception there in April. Love the owner and Chef. Amazing and unique food, love the ipad menus and the eco friendly ambiance, want caviar in the Gables? This is the place to have it.Special Features:
- South Beach in GablesstraighttalkDined on 8/7/2012Once inside it feels like South Beach, in the quite Gables. Very good food and fun.Special Features:
- Excellent Food ! Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2012Excellent Food ! Good Service ! Nicely decorated !Special Features:
- Most of the food was great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2012Most of the food was great!! The ambiance and the music was great as well. We all really enjoyed it. Our only complaint is how long it took to get our drinks, especially being that we were the table closest to the bar. Our food was arriving and we had to receive, not only our cocktails, but also our regular tap water! I had a big problem with that. Slightly overpriced for the food but not enough to be upset about. We definitely recommend ordering lots of the appetizers and small plates as opposed to the entrees.Special Features:
- The food was good, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2012The food was good, the service good but slow. The three of us ordered a cocktail, and they brought out one at a time with minutes in between. I think on busy evenings like Friday it was necessary to have another waiter as ours seemed to be the only one there and therefore service was a little slow.Special Features:
- Bar Lounge with TapasRegularVIPDined on 8/2/2012This is a rather unusual dining spot with a look and feel of a long, narrow lounge/bar more than restaurant. We went for "Spice" and the dishes were all correct though nothing stood out as tasting superb other than the Key Lime pie. The concept of having the menu delivered on iPad's is more bothersome than practical and gives the impression that they are trying just a bit too hard to be hip. The adjacent bar crowd ambience was boisterous but often annoying for dining conversation. There are many small bites on their happy hour menu. If we return, we would opt for drinks and tapas at the bar, but not an all out dinner.
- Great place for small groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2012I was taken there by my co workers for my bday. I loved it. The food was very good (we ordered a lot of small plates to share and try different things) and the service was incredible :) will be back soon.Special Features:
- Everything was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012Everything was great. The only item that I would improve on is the Cuban slider. Since I have been a fan of the Cuban sandwich and the Cuban sandwich since I was a kid (I am 68 now), I would fill it up a little more, and when warming it make it little less warm inside. It should be warm, but mine was hoit and the high temperature changes the flavors inside. Everything else was outstanding. Congratulations.
- Great spot with very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2012Great spot with very good food and a great cocktail menu!Special Features:
- Like the atmosphere and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Like the atmosphere and the food. Waiters were very attentive. Will definitely go again. Thanks!Special Features:
- Thought the service couldOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2012Thought the service could have been better. I had been there once before and the service was excellent. Very cool place. Excellent tapas menu. Very good food. I will go back and I hope the service is like the first time I went there.
- I think that the concept isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012I think that the concept is good but the food falls short. The arroz con pollo was dry and too salty. The best thing we had were the croquettes but again nothing to write home about. It is obvious the owners are trying to please and the staff although very nice removed plates way too quickly and the restauarant wasn't even full. It is bad form to remove plates while some people at the table are still eating.