The Doctor's House
21 Nashville Road
Kleinburg, ON L0J 1C0Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Doctor's House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedoctorshouse.ca/
- Phone: 9058931615
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch Two seatings, 10:30am until 1:00pm and 1:30pm until 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Sam Khalil
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for weddings, group parties, corporate events
- Private Party Facilities: Private party facilities available for 25 - 300 guests
- Private Party Contact: Catering Office 905-893-1615
A word from The Doctor's House
Located in picturesque Kleinburg, The Doctor's House Restaurant is nestled in the north end of town surrounded by manicured gardens and ravine leading to the Humber River. The spacious dining room also allows for intimate gathering with cozy elegant candle lit alcoves. The various textures surrounding the dining room is just a taste of the use of texture and flavors in our cuisine. Modern European pallet awaits you. The hallmark of The Doctor's House is attentive service, elegant surroundings and superb cuisine. The Doctor’s House invites you to dine where the past is remembered, the present is celebrated and the future is as close as your next visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Doctor's House reviews from OpenTable diners
- DissapointingTECAfanclubDined on 2/16/2014Rude servers Way way way too expensive for cold brunch We will not be back Understaffed
- The food was delicious andjapolaDined on 2/15/2014The food was delicious and our waiter was excellent- friendly, knowledgable, and attentive. Don't bother going here after 8:30pm on a Saturday because all you will hear is stomping from the dance floor above your head and music. To top it off they play different music in the dining room- this just makes it worse. They did warn us about the noise but this was after we'd made our reservation and were already at the restaurant. Had we known ahead of time we wouldn't have dined on a Saturday or would have gone earlier in the evening. We had an issue with coat check and the Assistant Manager on duty was dismissive about it. He eventually took some accountability for the issue although it still took several phone calls and 5 days to resolve.
- don't expect any answerskc22Dined on 2/15/2014We had a voucher for a 3 course dinner for 2. We gave this to our first hostess who displayed it on our table. No one explained how the voucher worked. When we asked, our server simply repeated the voucher, and then added the desert (which was not on the menu). When it was time for desert, he quickly listed off deserts such as chocolate cake, cheese cake etc. When asked what kind of chocolate cake or cheese cake, he simply repeated himself- just chocolate cake or "just cheesecake". He sounded bored and disinterested in us. the cheesecake came out smothered in tasteless berries Tip and tax are added to your bill for the regular amount, but the service should also fit the tip. Our server ignored us all night other than to deliver the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine's LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed a wonderful lunch in great setting on a lovely sunny day at the windows. A day to remember!Special Features:
- Valentine's dinnerMarleyDined on 2/13/2014We were thee for an early Valentine's dinner. I had heard about the restaurant so when the Groupon became available it wa a the perfect opportunity to try it- Fabulous! It w as romantic, the waiters were friendly and best part, we weren't rushed! Have already recommended it to everyone i've spoken to. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual... almostOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Peppercorn Steak, Caprese Salad, desserts were absolutely perfect! (Osso bugo was slightly disappointing compared to most of their spectacular dishes). Service was great but slightly confused... but they gave me a free Scotch afterwards so its all good! Later in the evening there was a party upstairs which was quite noisy, but I guess you gotta expect that if you're dining on a Saturday night after 9pm.Special Features:
- Fabulous Service...Food needs helpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014I can not rave enough about the service our group of 6 received. The hostess was incredibly friendly and accommodating as were all of the wait staff. However, I was not really impressed with the dinner at all. I ordered the Caesar Salad...the dressing tasted bottled, my veal chop was cooked perfectly, however...the mushroom sauce was so salty that I had to scrape it off in order to eat the meat. Mashed potatoes were pasty, side Vegetables were steamed perfectly. Dessert was a stale piece of chocolate cake shaped like a two bite brownie but larger...that I guess had been microwaved because I did come across a warm spot in the middle...with a scoop of ice cream on top. The rest of the group had different food, but the same experience.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014It was a magic evening; winter storm outside (one of many this winter) but inside: warm, friendly, romantically lit room with quiet soft music. Our waiters were attentive, professional and very nice. We will be back at the Doctor’s House to experience this great place during spring or summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceCelebrationDined on 1/26/2014Certainly enjoyed our experience last Sunday. It was a celebration of our 52 Anniversary and we were not disappointed. The food was great and the selection was outstanding. Looking forward to returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had high expectations forFirstTimerDined on 1/18/2014Had high expectations for this restaurant since I've heard great things and saw a few good reviews. However, my experience proved otherwise. Food was great but service was poor and I was overcharged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Dining ExperiencesShannaDined on 1/16/2014I was pleasantly surprised with the look and ambiance of the place. The service was amazing. The food was very well prepared and our server was so friendly. I would definitely go there again and recommend it to anyone looking for a great experience. I'm excited to see what it would look like in the summertime. It's definitely a gem in the lovely town of Kleingburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant dining experiencemrbean1967Dined on 12/29/2013I've been meaning to try this restaurant out for ages, and finally had the chance to do so over Christmas. I was impressed with the service staff and their attentiveness. The food was excellent as can be expected. Overall, it was a very pleasurable dining experience and I'd definitely come again.Special Features:
- Did not meet expectationsDennisF1Dined on 12/27/2013For an established fine dining restaurant I was very disappointed with the service. It was very slow and inattentive although the restaurant was not busy. Took over 15 minutes to take a drink order, appetizers and salads all came at the same time, just not what we expected. Wine list and menu on photocopied 8X11 paper?? Food and ambience are great, service needs attention.Special Features:
- Great Christmas BuffetBrianTheDinerDined on 12/25/2013Terrific setting for Christmas dinner, in a rustic building, with an outstanding buffet selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Day BuffetknotmeDined on 12/25/2013We hadn't been for 5 years and thought we would give it another try. It started off well with us being shown to our table immediately...followed by no service for 20 minutes - no water, wine list...nothing. We were finally given a rumpled couple of photocopied sheets that constituted the wine list. The food on the "cold" table was adequate but in short supply or empty for a number of the dishes. The hot food was dismal - either nothing left in the hot trays (gave up waiting for spareribs) or inedible lumps of meat (dreadful lamb). Line up for pasta dishes was ridiculous. An automatic 15% gratuity was added - high for a buffet, particularly this dismal one. We would have happily tipped 20% because it was Christmas - but not for this.
- Christmas TraditionTraditionDined on 12/25/2013We loved the ambiance--very festive with a wonderful view--it made us feel we were in a winter wonderland. The selection and quality of foods ensured everyone had something they loved. It had a homey feel and at the same time it was like fine dining. It was nice to get dressed up and enjoy a traditional Christmas meal without the work!Special Features:
- Very goodDanYauDined on 12/21/2013Overall very good. Food is good. Waiter and waitress are very nice.Special Features:
- Christmas LuncheonElizabethDined on 12/12/2013The party of eight ladies have met for a Christmas Luncheon for years and we all agreed it was a beautiful setting, service excellent, and lots of great choices on the menu, which was all delicious. I have already mentioned it to another group of ladies for next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceTschon1Dined on 12/1/2013The Doctor's is a wonderful experience. Located in a lovelky area of Kleinberg...its food and service is outstanding. Cindy and I had a wonderful time partaking in the brunch which had great food. It was delightful and we will come back for other occasions. We are very pleased to have found this wonderful restaraunt/location. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. Thank you for making this Sunday a wonderful experience. John KuhnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef reviewchefpierreDined on 11/22/2013Food was good as was the service. Bit expensive. The beef was very tender- best I have had for some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first time atJoannietimeDined on 11/21/2013This was my first time at The Doctors House and I was most pleasantly surprised! We loved everything about our long lingering lunch. The restaurant happened to be very quiet that day with few other guests. Our waiter was attentive and charming. The food was absolutely delicious. The waiter noticed that one of our party was opening a Birthday present so he delivered a cake with candle to our table without us requesting...this was very impressive. We fully intend to return to try the Sunday Brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeacefulBlackflyDined on 11/14/2013Beautiful setting with sun streaming in on cold day. Food fair - too much heavy sauce, many things made from same sauce so too much tomato. Bread was good. Menu should be presented more appealing - printed piece of well- used paper not appealing. Nice setting - food should measure up.Special Features:
- Great for special occcasionLubaDined on 11/10/2013It was a very romantic atmosphere there. The service was great. The food was excellent. For appetizer I ordered shrimp cocktail and guacamole. The shrimps were tasteless but guacamole was really good. Seared tuna with sesame seeds for main course was very delicious!!! My husband ordered fried calamari for appetizer - very good, very lightly breaded and decent portion. Lamb chops that he ordered for main course was outstanding - very tasty, juicy & tender!!! Both, creme brulee & cream cheese for desert were excellent!!! Everything but shrimps was very very delicious!!!Special Features:
- NOT for the gluten intolerant!!!EllieDined on 10/26/2013Sorry, but we won't be back. 1) I had booked online as many times before,, but no-one seemed to know we had asked for the Verandah. 2) Despite the fact that there are many people gluten intolerant ( 2 of our 3 are) the new menu reflects pretty well only southern Italian foods. Not one rice dish. Only ONE fish dish and ONE salad were possible with no flour. 3) Despite telling the older waiter only one of us could eat it, he presented us with a huge plate of breads. 4) a large party beside us was found everything uproariously funny, quite inappropriate behaviour in public!
- Service was very good. FoodCeeSDined on 10/24/2013Service was very good. Food was OK, but expensive.Special Features:
- An excellent family brunchImpressedDined on 8/25/2013We love the atmostphere. We love the food (lobster, extra large shrimp, pickled stuff, creme brulee, fresh fruit juice). We love the service. It was an overall enjoyable experience. We will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary VisitForever2Dined on 8/11/2013We booked a Sunday brunch at the Dr. House for our anniversary, as we got married at the same location. There was a large selection of cold items, and a reasonable selection of warm items. The operative word is "warm", as nothing was really hot... except the coffee. I picked Brunch because I love Eggs Benedict. Have to say, they were extremely disappointing. The cold lobster and prawns did make up for the disappointing breakfast items. I have had brunch at this location before, and have been very pleased, but this visit was the exception. I expected more.Special Features:
- Worst dining experience inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2013Worst dining experience in years. Terrible service, and food that was neither fresh nor particularly memorable.
- Not worth the drive to KleinburgMmmmDined on 7/27/2013Hostess - dress, too provocative for staff that are not at a burlesque club Server - lost interest in us towards the end of our meal - very slow to serve us despite only having 3 tables at that point Staff - turned off the lights just after 10 pm and started to tear down right next to us and set up for the next event during our meal - not at all cool for a venue that claims to be high end Food - only mediocre - short ribs - tender but very fatty - over salted - very sloppy soup bowl full of gravy with meat and mash and one or two over roasted veggies. Tenderloin very chewy and over cooked. Price - overpriced for the quality of food, service and lack of ambience Sorry guys - you're not quite there yet.
- So socoolbeaverDined on 7/21/2013Visited for the Sunday brunch. Buffet selection was great, but the vegetables and potatoes were only lukewarm, and roast beef mediocre. Price was quite high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our meal was at 5:30pm, firstnot1Dined on 7/14/2013our meal was at 5:30pm, first thing our waiter said no lamb, my husband order a drink they had on the drink menu, waiter came back with 3 bottles and said oh this all we have, none of it was on the drink menu. Then the waiter suggests an after dinner drink for me and again no drink. Then why suggest? The couple behind us was offered coffee, we were not. dinner, the mashed potatoes tasted like cauliflower the salmon was dry and my husband could not eat his eggplant parm. On the up side my husband did say his steak was very good. After this unsavory experience a 15% gratuity was automatically added to the bill. This is probably because they knew that if they had not done that they would never had gotten one. All in all very disappointing.
- great mealMarliesDined on 7/5/2013My boyfriend and I dined here on a date night. Interior is gorgeous, food outstanding, ambiance romantic however service not up to the standard of the rest of the experience. There were very few customers being served in the dining room and there were two older male servers working. We heard them arguing over which one of them wanted to serve our table, I am not sure why, Once we placed our order we did not see our waiter until the dessert course. Again he vanished and we asked another server to ask him to bring us our bill. We noticed that the gratuities had already been applied. I was a little shocked at this especially after the lack of service. On a table of 2 gratuities are EARNED not assumed. Despite this I would return to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok but huge portionsAnnonaDined on 6/30/2013Not happy gratuities on travelzoo coupon was 15% which was ok but shouldn't be gratuities of 15% after tax!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little let down - won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2013We had a table by the window, which was lovely. The wine I originally chose was not available so our waiter suggested a bottle $15 more. It was good. Unfortunately the waiter made quite a mess pouring each time - never apologized. The bread and olive plate was excellent Our salads were very good. My seared tuna was great, my husbands filet was not cooked correctly (this seemed to be the theme as we notice the table near ours sent their filet back to be cooked properly). Desserts were nice. We are not slobs, but crumbs happen and a fork with a bit of salad fell on to the tablecloth - no effort from either server to tidy up. We were out celebrating so we wanted to focus on the positives so we did not say anything.
- overpriced menumarylizDined on 6/28/2013We really enjoyed the organic beet salad- very tasty and good portion. So far so good. Waiter recommended salmon vs sstrip loin. It was 3" square with skin on, overcooked and served on bed of mashed potatoes. No vegetables!!! for 28.00 dollars. Really. I'd much rather the plank salmon at Milestones or the KEG. Chicken was good- again only served on top of mashed with no veggies. Dessert was very disappointing. Thought there would be strawberry or rhubarb item as they are in season.
- While the food was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2013While the food was very good the overall experience let a lot to be desired. The evening started with a welcome to "The Doctor's Office" by the hostess. Our waiter was immediately there, which you'd think was an indication he'd be prompt through the meal. He had an attitude. Shame we weren't ready to order within 2 minutes. Friend's entree wasn't noted until she'd ordered an appetizer (he corrected her!). Granted, he warmed up through the evening, but then left us cold, sitting for half an hour waiting for our bill... he'd said 5 minutes. We had to get up and go find him! Three tables asked, paid and left in the meantime. There are enough other restaurants around that we don't need to make the trek from Toronto to return.
- Lovely decor but way overpricedTOFoodieDined on 6/26/2013We were seated quickly but the waiter took a while to come around for drink orders. My partner and I ordered ceasar salads for apetizers which turned out to be quite soggy. Our mains were nice: tenderloin and rack of lamb both cooked to perfection. Our desertswere passable: a chocolate lava cake and a crème brulée that was granular and far too sweet and an americano coffee that never showed (except on the bill of course). Our waiter spent most of his time flirting with a table of women nearby and it took an eternity to get the bill (which was packed full of errors) and we were never asked once how the food was nor did we get any refills on our water. The bill was ridiculously large and the tip was included in the cost.Special Features:
- As this was my first visitTerrieDined on 6/26/2013As this was my first visit to The Doctor's House, perhaps it was an exception - I have heard great things about the restaurant - and the setting was lovely. But the food was very disappointing. We both ordered the sesame encrusted tuna and it was bland and tastless. The accompanying wasabi mashed potatoes were lumpy, and the broccoli just plain.
- Special Family CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013My husband and I, and our three young adults have celebrated several special family occasions at The Doctor's House. The ambience is lovely and the food is delicious, well made and fresh. The restaurant is clean and well located in a quaint town above, but not too far from the city, The chefs and staff are friendly and ready to answer any questions about the menu items. The appetizer buffet is a meal in itself! We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but poor service...LubaDined on 6/21/2013It was a special occasion for our family. Unfortunately we had to wait 45 minutes to get a table, which was very frustrating. We were not offered even a drink while we were waiting. We didn’t get a chance to talk to a manger either. The restaurant was very busy and our dinner was served by 10 p.m. for 8 p.m. reservation…which was very very late for a dinner… All food was very delicious (we take our hats off to a chef) but our family dinner was spoiled by the service. We didn’t get an apology …Special Features: