1801 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vespersouthbeach.com/
- Phone: 3053411500
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:30am;
Dinner Tues- Sat: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Javier Carballo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: With the options of dining inside our beautiful rustic brasserie or outdoors on our patio by the pool, we will cater to accommodate you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Goldenberg 305-531-1271x7018
- Entertainment: Saturday - Ricky's Brunch 11am - 4pm at Shelborne South Beach.
A word from Vesper
Vesper returns this season as a new casual and inviting atmosphere with items that redefine the art of good eating at good prices. This approachable dining spot, features seating options inside the dark, rustic brasserie or poolside accompanied by salty air and candlelight. Vesper is the perfect destination for crafted cocktails and a variety of delicious ‘To Share” plates. Escape to us on vacation, or pop in as local, you will feel like your right at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vesper reviews from OpenTable diners
- The menu had changed. It'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/9/2013The menu had changed. It's more casual. But we still enjoyed the food and service.Special Features:
- Tourist go there!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Davvero un bel posto con un atmosfera tra il romantico e il classico. Il servizio è ottimo e l ambiente relax. I prezzi sono ok (a capodanno 50$ a testa con cucina curata). Il caffè 6$ però mi è sembrato un po' esagerato. Vabbè mi avete fregato una volta ;-)Special Features:
- A good spot has gotten betterManhattaniteVIPDined on 12/29/2012This was our first visit to Vesper in a year, and it definitely won't be our last. Perfect spot for outdoor dining on a warm night, and the new, pared-down menu is a treat--ESPECIALLY the spicy shrimp tacos!Special Features:
- While the service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2012While the service was excellent unfortunately the food was not very good. My meat was tough and had a burnt flavor and the sides were inedible. I don't think anyone we were with was very impressed. It is a shame because the hotel the restaurant is in is very cool looking and this could really top off the setting.
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012We went for a party. The people were super nice and the food was amazing! I will definitely be going back soon! We were the only people in the restraunt because we had a private party and it was just amazing. It was quiet and everyone could talk. I highly recommend this restraunt I'd you want a good meal. I garenty that everyone go goes will have a great time and meal!! :)Special Features:
- This place is straight outLifecladDined on 8/22/2012This place is straight out of the 60s with a great ambiance and great food. So cool how its hidden in the back of the hotel - you would never guess its there unless you knew about it. Thats a good thing, because I see this place getting very popular. You cant go wrong here!Special Features:
- Excellent food. A littlePinotphileVIPDined on 8/21/2012Excellent food. A little slow doming out of the kitchen.Special Features:
- The Dining Room in the gorgeoussobeVIPDined on 8/9/2012The Dining Room in the gorgeous Shelborne Hotel has the same lovingly prepared, fresh, and interesting nouveau Latin cuisine that made it a foodies' delight in its original spot south of fifth. The tomato salad with tomato sorbet (sounds weird but tastes wonderful), cobia ceviche (as good as it can be), superb duck salad, spicy and light fish and seafood soup, and the moist and tender fresh branzino entre we had were perfect. The new location's outdoor dining is a major upgrade--stunning, overlooking the pool--while the indoors seating is comfortable, with muted lighting. The full bar is a nice addition, but the new wine list needs more lower price options. Service was attentive, skillful, and fast during our weekday visit.Special Features:
- Tucked awayChsfoodieDined on 8/9/2012Good place tucked in the back of the shelbourne hotel. Sister restraunt OLA is great too
- The original Dining Room inOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/4/2012The original Dining Room in its own private space was a gem. The move to Vesper has thrown everything into turmoil -- they were 45 minutes late seating us for our 9pm reservation, we never had a single member of the waitstaff approach our table (the manager ultimately took our order), and the food was bland and missing some of its key ingredients. I hope that the restaurant improves as they adjust to the new space. Until then, I'm not keen to return.
- Thanks for the horrible night...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2012If you are the type that likes a place that accepts your 8:30 reservation, give every table they promise away to others, that likes to get seated at 10pm, get your food at 11pm. If you like to not be disturbed after your food arrives to make sure it came as you ordered it. If you dont like busboys asking if you want bread or water for the first 40 minutes of sitting, if you enjoy very expensive prices regardless if it's what y if you ordered. The this place is for you!!!! Enjoy! We will not be back..... Dining room, thanks for the horrible date night out with my gf.
- It's been open only for 4OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2012It's been open only for 4 days in this new location. Will give them a second chance.
- The maitrade was pompous andplayerVIPDined on 8/3/2012The maitrade was pompous and arrogant. very annoying. Acted as if he knew everything. Talks down to people. He will kill the restaurant!
- loved the food here! especiallyJoleneVIPDined on 7/5/2012loved the food here! especially the spinach dip and the skirt steak. the service was alittle slow but very friendly servers.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic. The outdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2012Food was fantastic. The outdoor dinning showcased what south beach is all about.Special Features:
- elizabeth taylorlizelaVIPDined on 6/1/2012The chef is amazing , I love his quality of food and sauces, he definitely knows what he is doing. BravoSpecial Features:
- Get rid of the TVstwiDined on 5/29/2012Outdoor dining area is beautiful. The waitstaff was friendly even if a little inexperienced. Ceviche and tuna tartare were delicious. They turned the giant-sized TV on at the bar, even though nobody (except the staff) was watching and it completely ruined the atmosphere and the mood. KEEP THE TV OFF. Better yet, get rid of it!Special Features:
- Went here from brunch andpersonDined on 5/13/2012Went here from brunch and the tables outdoors overview the hip pool area. It's great for those who want to eat outdoors without being in the hot sun a your area is covered. The food was great. The service was excellent. I plan to go to Vesper again for a meal. Only drawback is the parking infront of hotel is always full due to the beach access. The next option is the valet at $20 and there is no reduction if you dine at the restaurant. Otherwise Vesper is great!Special Features:
- The food is very amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2012The food is very amazing! The best on the menu is the "fall off the bone" thai chicken wings and the fried oreos. Definitely would be back plenty more times.Special Features:
- This was the best food I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2012This was the best food I've ever had. Huge portion sizes and great service. Worth every penny.
- I thought this place was overrated.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/13/2012I thought this place was overrated. It looked, and sounded, like a nightclub. The steak I had was amazing, but for dessert my ice cream was freezer burned, and the wine tasted bottom shelf. It was also very pricey!Special Features:
- I heard it's good but ....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2012I've heard good things about Vesper - the space was a pretty, art deco room and the food is supposed to be good. Unfortunately when we arrived for our confirmed Sunday brunch reservation we discovered that the restaurant was not open until dinner! No one apologised or offered an explanation as to why we had a reservation for a time when the restaurant was not serving - they simply advised us to go their other restaurant Lucy's which turned out to be a pool bar. Judging by the clientele in the pool at the Shelbourne it was the sort of place one might expect to find the cast of the Jersey Shore doing body shots. People say the food at Vesper is good but I'd rather not eat with Snooki or the Situation so I probably will never find out
- Ladies NightIleana729Dined on 3/9/2012My girlfriends and I decided to go here after seeing a comedy show at the Fillmore theater. We sat outside and it was fun watching everyone sitting poolside and enjoying their drinks by the bar. The food was amazing! The steaks were cooked to perfection, and the side cart items were big enough for us to share. The portions were not huge, but everyone knows that's South Beach. However, by no means did we leave hungry. Dessert was small, wish it could've been a little bigger. The decor was nice, and the service was great. Everyone was very attentive. All in all, we enjoyed it and definitely plan on going back.Special Features:
- new restaurant with greatjackVIPDined on 3/2/2012new restaurant with great interior design and enjoyed the entire meal but did not care for my entree, thogh the others in my group had a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Can't wait to returnSouthBeachLocalDined on 2/21/2012Took my dad and his new fiancé for a celebratory dinner. It’s a unique dinning in which you walk through the kitchen before being seated (yes, the kitchen is very clean!). We started with the chicken wings.. BEST Appetizer in South Beach, I highly recommend it. The gilled bronzino was delicious, and cooked to perfection. We sat inside which was nice if you are on an intimate date and looking for a spot to converse, otherwise I’d recommend sitting outdoors which really has a fun vibe, especially on a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Steak was surprisingly good.ilsaairVIPDined on 2/18/2012Steak was surprisingly good. Quiet if you eat inside. Service was very good - no South Beach attutude
- Was a nice experience, prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Was a nice experience, pretty restaurant, good music, food was good but honestly thought it would be better. The bread could have been better, the overall experience was good!Special Features:
- Best Chicken Marasala... ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012Best Chicken Marasala... ever!! Get the crab appetizer; you will not regret it. Wait staff cannot be better. Prices are to be expected, but don't go on a budget.Special Features:
- Good food and good service.Ango631VIPDined on 2/3/2012Good food and good service. The only thing is that the tables inside are too close to each other. One of my favorite new restaurants in south beach.Special Features:
- Great meal in a great settingncregularVIPDined on 2/2/2012Vesper was as advertised. Pretty chic atmosphere as we ate in the outdoor area by the pool. Got the tour thru the kitchen to see the dining room inside, but I'd only suggest that if you want a very private dinner. The "nightlife manager" was very pleasant and made us feel like we were honored guests. The Lincoln Road Mall area is nearby, so we parked there (beware South Beach parking is $15-20 to park in private lots), but Lincoln Road is a busy place worth seeing if you dine at Vesper.Special Features:
- Food was OK. Little too heavyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/30/2012Food was OK. Little too heavy on the salt...especially on spinach and sweet potatoe fries. Very weird entry way...must walk through kitchen to get to restaurant. Seems to me someone should have designed a better entry to the restaurant. Service was good, however there were only 3 other tables occupied during our 2 hour dinner there.Special Features:
- This was a real great find TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/26/2012This was a real great find The room and food were both amazing Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- The service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2012The service was outstanding starting with the moment we walked up to the host station. The host who seated us was friendly and gave us a tour of the joint before asking us where we wanted to sit. The manager checked on us at while we were finishing up our meal, but the waiter was adorable and had taken very good care of us. I had the special, which was outstanding. The appetizers were very good as well. I would definitley go back.Special Features:
- Bravo!LovetoeatoutVIPDined on 1/20/2012A special place. Professional wait staff, excellent food and beautiful ambiance in both the inside and outside dining areas. This is all supervised by Granville, the restaurants #1 man and manager. Later on in the evening the DJ pumps up the energy level in a very good way!Special Features:
- Food was terrible but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/20/2012Food was terrible but service and ambiance were very nice.
- We loved this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/20/2012We loved this restaurant! The setting is beautiful both inside and out and we loved the mural on the wall of the First Miss America Pageant held at the Shelbourne Hotel around 1941 (according to our waiter). The service was excellent and better than we usually find in Miami. But best of all was the food, a great menu, with excellent chicken wings as a starter, large portions, fantastic Cioppino, Salmon and Chicken. The music level did get louder as the evening went on, but the "eye candy" was fun as this is clearly a hot spot. All in all a great experience with excellent food and we will definitely return!Special Features:
- Satisfied customerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/13/2012We fully enjoyed our experience. We were there Friday and Saturday night of the same weekend. Friday night was totally rocking and Saturday night it was very quiet. Both nights the food and the service was very good. The General Manger, Miguel, was very attentive. In addition, the Director of Nightlife, Granville, was also very accommodating. We enjoyed both nights, even thought they were completely different experiences. As far as specifics, the "fall off the bone" chicken wings were delicious and fell off the bone, the ceasar, the lobster bisque, and the skirt steak were all delicious. And last but not least, the donuts were delicious!!Special Features:
- The essence of coolLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 12/30/2011The essence of cool without any "attitude". Great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- The service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2011The service was excellent, and the indoor seating area was very much themed and decorated as expected. The food was good, but not exceptional. My ribeye was passable. But the French fries were great. Be prepared for South Beach pricing.Special Features:
- A welcome addition to South BeachLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 12/23/2011A beautiful, warm space with excellent food and service. Granville, the manager, does a great job making all the guests comfortable. A welcome addition to South Beach.Special Features: