The Dining Room - Columbus Easton
3900 Chagrin Drive
Columbus, OH 43219Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Dining Room - Columbus Easton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiltoncolumbus.com/dining/thediningroom.aspx
- Phone: (614) 416-8419
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Antonio Pologruto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from The Dining Room - Columbus Easton
The Dining Room's classic elegance always lends an air of stylish grace, whether you're enjoying an intimate dinner or an important business lunch. Dining at Hilton Columbus at Easton is a fine art. Our gifted chefs carefully craft each meal; from sweet treats to deliciously creative contemporary classic Entrées in casually elegant surroundings, with a full bar and great wine selection including many by the glass. The Dining Room is certain to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Dining Room - Columbus Easton reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Nice food preparationDaveVIPDined on 10/6/2014Please allow me to summarize: Positive: a) Quick and professional service b) Food displayed nicely c) Nice atmosphere d) Food tasted great. Really enjoyed the bread selection and toppings. Negative: a) We were about the only ones there. Not uncommon for a Hotel restaurant though. Thanks and we will come back.Special Features:
- Breakfast excellent/ Lunch notDiningDivasDined on 10/5/2014The name of the actual entree item escapes me at this time, however it was Chicken and Green Beans. The chicken was extremely dry and the green beans were cold. Some of the fruit was cut to close to the rind and was hard. Nevertheless, the eggs (especially) and the rest of the breakfast food did not disappoint. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood/Prime Rib Buffet - EastonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We were pleased with the food and service. The seafood seemed fresh, and the staff did a great job ensuring that all items were available through the evening. The sushi bar was very good, and the staff there did a great explaining the selections. The crab legs are cold, and I prefer warm, but other than that, it was an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- There are better options nearby.restaurantMGRDined on 9/24/2014Drink order came out wrong. We were the only table in the restaurant the entire time, and this was at dinner! My filet was overcooked. For a $40 dish, this is inexcusable, especially since we were the only people in the dining room. Gratuity was automatically added for a party of two! The menu states that parties of eight or more get auto-gratted. Wish we would have tried any of the numerous options just a block away at the mall. Maybe their sandwiches are better. They seemed to be more affordable, but we were out for our Anniversary and wanted to splurge a little bit. Should have gone to Cooper's Hawk!Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Never disappoints. I've been here a few times and definitely worth the price. There's sashimi, oysters, crab legs and a great dessert selection. Definitely a must stop if you love seafood!Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the The Dining Room - Columbus Easton reviews archive.
- food temperatureOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Food was good, but luke warm. Foods created to eat hot should not be room temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi FridayDavidVIPDined on 6/6/2014We were in Columbus for vacation and have dined before at the restaurant in the Hilton at Easton. Friday night they have a Seafood Buffet with Sushi. To accommodate more customers, they moved the sushi tables out in the hallway. It was a little strange going out of the restaurant to get food. I also thought some of the big rolls were not done as well, as in years past. The wine we had was excellent, but took a while to get. The hot food selections and the deserts were both varied and very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An opportunity missed my wife and inoir1luv2foodDined on 5/16/2014We will have to revisit this. We have heard great things about you. This were was our first attempt looking forward to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth tryingJessicaDined on 5/9/2014It is our first time there, took my mom for nsj smothers day dinner. Hear very good feedback about it, I was excited that I picked a good restaurant to celebrate for Mother's Day. Very upset, food was not upto the quality, service was just okay. Sushi was not fresh. All of us went home with upset stomach and went to the bathroom all night long. Will not recommend to friends and family.
- I am disappointed.KonineDined on 4/18/2014I am disappointed at this restaurant in this time. I will not go there again. I enjoyed Temaki sushi, Uni, Sweet Shrimp, Octopus and smoked salmon on 2011, 2012, 2013. But there are not Uni, Sweet Shrimp, Octopus and smoked salmon in this time. Plus, Chef told me that he could not make Temaki sushi because he did not have enough skill for making it. Plus, there were not scallop after 45 min. opened the restaurant. This restaurant is poor now.
- Best Sushi and Prime RibDocMikeDined on 3/7/2014Excellent food once again by the Hilton. Its one of the reasons we come back to Columbus 2-3 times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The temperature of the cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014The temperature of the cooked foods could have be warmer.Special Features:
- My wife, mother in law andPoppyDined on 2/28/2014My wife, mother in law and I had a very enjoyable experience and will defiantly return.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Night RuinedDining2Dined on 2/14/2014My enjoyable evening with wide and friends was ruined. Awful eveningSpecial Features:
- Good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Staff needs to be more attentive. Food taste great. Head chef was excellent. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for DinnertimmanDined on 2/14/2014Food was great, the atmosphere was nice and unrushed. Will go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet should be the same for allFrequentpatronVIPDined on 2/14/2014We have been here nearly a dozen times for the seafood and prime rib buffet over the past 5 years. The prime rib on this trip was better than it has ever been. The selection in sushi seems to be going downhill. They used to have more variety. My biggest complaint on this trip was at the pasta station. The woman in front of me got lobster. When I asked for it I was told she called ahead for it. If it's a buffet, everyone should have access to the same things. If not, then this should have been brought to this woman's table rather than having 10 people watch this one woman have her lobster cooked. Everything else was great. Overall service was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneDiverseFamilyDined on 1/24/2014My daughter loves sushi and raw bar. My husband prefers beef. I like variety. Thank goodness the Friday night buffet has it all. A little on the pricey side at $36 per person, so we reserve this for special occasions. It was my daughter's birthday pick.Special Features:
- WIll be backJJohnsonDined on 1/24/2014We celebrated a 55th B-day with a group of 8. Everyone was pleased. This is our 3rd time here and I'm already looking forward to going back. The food is excellent, and the service is always great!Special Features:
- Friday Buffet Pros and Cons1sttryDined on 12/27/2013Pros: Oysters, snow crabs, prime rib, sashimi The pasta/prime rib server with good smile Cons: Any other food; average or below The big black worker on the dining floor with no smile destroying the ambience The shaved head sushi cook eating food there with no smile destroying the ambience A server who doesn't know what kind of payment method is available It's worth to pay $36+tip if you expect only these food; oysters, snow crabs, prime rib, and some sashimi. If you care about hospitality, here is not a place to go.
- AveragePatriciaDined on 12/27/2013Scalloped potatoes were dry and not much taste. There were very few other side dishes available. Salad bar, rolls and desserts were the best thing on the buffet. I did not eat anything on the sushi bar so cannot comment on that. My husband and I expected a lot more for the price. I don't think we will return.Special Features:
- Great food but poor serviceReviewerDined on 12/20/2013The food is excellent and the restaurant is beautiful, but the staff is very unfriendly. There were a lot of people working there, but no one smiled. They seemed irritated if you would ask any questions. I observed the same situation then again on Sunday when I went back for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Value in ColumbusHawkeyeDined on 12/13/2013Hilton Easton's Friday night all you can eat Sashimi/sushi bar alone would be worth the price, but there is also king crab legs, made to order seafood pasta, prime rib, fresh vegetables and an assortment of tarts, pies, cake for desert. The quality of this buffet is top shelf. As stated in the title, this is the best value in Columbus for sushi and probably as far as buffets go as well.Special Features:
- Columbus GemRonFDined on 11/10/2013Yes, it's in a Hotel; but OH what a great experience. Great food, Quiet atmosphere so you could hear each other talk. Great food. Excellent service. What's NOT TO Like!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchdkkellerDined on 11/3/2013I wanted to find a very nice place to take visiting family for a Sunday brunch. THe Hilton Easton is certainly the place. Service is wonderful & food is very good.Definately a great place for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Testers ReviewTesterDined on 10/25/2013Service was excellent; Gene is a gem to have as a waiter. The chicken caesar salad was very mediocre - I've had better in far less expensive restaurants. The grilled Atlantic salmon was OK, but again nothing to write home about given the watery sauce it came in. Overall the food was pretty mediocre and not worth the price.
- We went here for an anniversaryatmosphereloverDined on 10/14/2013We went here for an anniversary dinner on a Monday night. Ours was the only occupied table in the restaurant the whole time we were there, so it was nice and quiet, but freezing cold. Since we were the only table, you would think that we would get excellent service, but this was not the case. The food was lower than average since none of the four of us could say ours was good. Two got the $24.99 3 course dinner and thought that they got what they paid for. The filet was OK but ruined by the bitter sauce poured on top so that there was no getting away from it. The other order was a Rubin that was less than an inch high, so mostly just bread.Special Features:
- Worth going tooutoftownerDined on 9/29/2013The Sunday brunch has just enough. Omelettes to order, silver dollar pancakes, large waffles made for you, and more. Not great, but very good and pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough choices for foodXiaoDined on 9/20/2013Not much choices for food, and you don't even have ice cream!!
- Friday night buffet whichOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013Friday night buffet which include fresh sushi, steamed crab, oysters, prime rib and much much more. The price, $36, was high but not too high considering the amount of options and the high quality of the food. The place was packed and our service was a little slow but the server was polite, and did a very nice job. This is a big, open and therefore noisy room. This is not the best place for a romantic dinner but the Hilton Easton has a nice bar to retire to after dinner which makes up for it. With 2 glasses of wine and coffee expect to pay $100+ for two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality for a buffet!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013Great quality food for a buffet. There was sashimi, oysters, crab legs, and prime rib. Everything was delicious. It's a bit pricey but you get your money's worth if you eat right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewGoofy0627Dined on 7/24/2013Disappointed with small table. I made a reservation and expected a larger table and in a quieter location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value, Service, and Food!ColumbusMomLisaDined on 7/19/2013How can you beat an all-you-can-eat buffet of the highest quality? Friendly service, kid-friendly, and great atmosphere. Food is wonderful! Sushi and pasta made in front of you, made to order. Great prime rib and crab legs. Price isn't cheap, but more affordable than a few specialty sushi rolls at nicer sushi restaurants. For the same price, you also get salad, pasta bar, great fish, crab legs, peel-and-eat shrimp, and friendly service. What can be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family birthday celebrationFfamilyDined on 7/8/2013For a family birthday celebration the Hilton was accommodating to a large group along with many children. It was quiet, staff was friendly, and the food was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experience.LYBrownVIPDined on 6/23/2013Perfect dining experience. We wouldn't expect anything less.Special Features:
- Peaceful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2013A very nice place for a special dinner. It was very quiet the evening we were there, very welcome after a busy day of shopping. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient. The food was excellent and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch1sttimevisitorDined on 6/16/2013This is just what my husband wanted for Father's Day; we enjoyed the mix of breakfast foods along with some chicken, salmon, and salad, which were very good. My husband enjoyed a fresh veggie omelet cooked to order; a little pricey, but it's a hotel, so....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hotel brunch buffetajaxVIPDined on 6/16/2013Good buffet with scrambled eggs, meats, potatoes, sald, shrimp, omelets, etc. Food was good but nothing to distinguish itself from other hotel buffets.Special Features:
- Father's Day Family BrunchLYBrownVIPDined on 6/16/2013Thanks to all of the Hilton staff for helping to make my husband's father's day extra special. It was a perfect beginning to a very special day. In addition to the day being Father's Day, it also marked the 10th anniversary of the first time we dined there. Brunch at the Hilton was a surprise gift to my husband on Father's Day, 2003. We have been faithful, loyal customers since that day. My husband and I estimate that over the course of the ten years, we probably have only missed about 5-6 months of Sundays not dining there. Can you tell we love it? Thanks to all the special people that make things so enjoying for us. Kim, Brent, Gail, Aster, Tiji, Moola, Omha, Steve, Aleyda, Naomi, Melissa and Teddy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, things couldn'tLYBrownVIPDined on 6/2/2013As always, things couldn't have been any better. We look forward to brunch each Sunday and this restaurant. It is a no-brainer. Everything was perfect from the moment we walked in. The staff always makes us feel so welcome and special. The food choices can be overwhelming because there are so many things to choose from it is well worth the price. We are stuffed every time we leave there. That meal lasts us all day. Thanks again to the fabulous staff. Kim, Brent, Gail, Tigi, Aster, Moolah, Omha, Melissa, Steve, Teddy, Aleyda and the new kid on the block, Naomi.Special Features: