Little Hall Dining Room at Sandhills Community College
3395 Airport Rd
Pinehurst, NC 28374Neighborhood:
Southern Pines / Pinehurst
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Little Hall Dining Room at Sandhills Community College
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (910) 695-3796
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday: 11:30am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Chris Currier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Little Hall Dining Room at Sandhills Community College
Sandhills Community College's culinary and pastry arts dining room, open to the public for lunch. All food is prepared and served by the students,Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Little Hall Dining Room at Sandhills Community College reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)hot spot (4)special occasion (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great CuisineGiovannaDined on 10/2/2014I always wanted to take a trip around the world. It is great to be able to sample various cuisines at SCC. I have never tasted such tender calamari. It melted in my mouth. Not only was the food outstanding but as usual so was the service.Special Features:
- Great Lunch.ymbelcourt35Dined on 9/25/2014This was a wonderful lunch, the students did an excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the food or serviceGiovannaDined on 9/18/2014Another winner. We enjoyed our meal. The service was great.Special Features:
- Outstanding MealGiovannaDined on 9/11/2014The meal was very good. We all enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Great food and service especially considering it was the first lunch of the year.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceGiovannaDined on 8/28/2014We enjoyed the salsa and guacamole. Others at the table enjoyed the flank steak...I don't eat steak but others enjoyed it. The stuffed habeneros (?) could have been cooked more, I believe. I have never ate them anyplace other than SCC so I really don't know how they should be prepared but the cheese was not melted. Everything else was great and of course we loved the desserts.Special Features:
- The following 47 reviews are from the Little Hall Dining Room at Sandhills Community College reviews archive.
- Great Food Great ServiceGiovannaDined on 4/17/2014Great taste Great Presentation Great Service. It is hard to believe that the food is prepared and served by students.Special Features:
- The vegetarian option was gourmetGiovannaDined on 3/20/2014The food was excellent and the service outstanding,Special Features:
- Five Stars at a CollegePineconeDined on 3/20/2014The culinary arts department provides five star food and service in a college environment... Best quality food and service in town.... Don't tell anyone about this place, I want to be able to get reservations in the future.Special Features:
- Best Kept secretfoodiefanaticDined on 2/6/2014Great food, and great service. This is a wonderful way to support our community by supporting our local community college students.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- International CuisineGiovannaDined on 11/7/2013You don't need to travel around the world to experience foods of the world. We enjoyed this excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbcccbDined on 10/24/2013I brought a friend to celebrate her birthday. She was truly impressed and thankful. What a way to give a friend the very best in food, ambience and service. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Cooking at its bestGiovannaDined on 10/24/2013Delicious and healthy food. A wonderful combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place to DineredtoeatDined on 9/19/2013I've been a fan of the program for years. I've invited friends to join me and they also "shout your praise". The food, student chefs are professional, friendly, and "on point". I will continue to come at least once a semester and include at least one additional friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandhills Community Culinary LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2013Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The presentation of food excellent. Food was very tasteful and there was a wide variety offered. There appears to be a lot creating involved when planning these wonderful lunches.Special Features:
- Culinary ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2013We have been to the Sandhlls Dining program several times in the last couple of years and each time has been a pleasurable experience. What great service,attention and concern for the participants!!! The variety of food, quality,and preparation is exceptional. Thanks for a great time and we are happy to support Sandhills Community College.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful lunch with a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013A wonderful lunch with a great host, and waitstaff. Food was outstanding!Special Features:
- I HAVE BEEN TO MANY OF YOUROpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013I HAVE BEEN TO MANY OF YOUR LUNCHES OVER THE YEARS AND ALWAYS ENJOYED THEM. THE FOOD IS EXCEPTIONAL AND THE PRESENTATION IS BEAUTIFUL...PARTICULARY THE DESSERTS. THE SERVERS ARE ALWAYS HELPFUL AND THE ATMOSPERE IS FRIENDLY. JUST A QUESTION FOR YOU. DO YOU EVER CONSIDER PRINTING THE YEARS RECIPES IN A BOOK AND SELLING THEM? I AM SURE IT COULD BE A GREAT MONEY MAKER. THERE ISN'T A MEAL I'VE HAD THAT I WOULDN'T LOVE TO HAVE THE RECEIPE. THANK YOU, CAROLE SKAUSpecial Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2013Excellent lunch, can't wait for the next one. The students were great! The food was flavorful, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Beautiful Presentation-Tasty FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2013Delicious food prepared by the culinary students. Always something unique and beautifully presented. The desserts are outstandingSpecial Features:
- Little Hall is the best.cccbDined on 2/21/2013Excellent food, marvelous wait staff (Chad & Kevin), service was impeccable. Thank you to all.Special Features:
- Best Lunch Yet this SeasonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2013The food is always special but this this it was outstanding! The risotto with peas and truffle butter was over the top....I could have made a meal out of that. It was followed by an outstanding blend of favors & textures in the form of a tender pork chop accompanied bt mashed potatoes with a prune topping. Dessert was to die for! Yummmmmmmmy.Special Features:
- We support the Sandhills DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2013We support the Sandhills Dinning and the College as much as possible.The staff is first class and ALWAYS treat everyone well.The food selection is great and its ALWAYS a grteat dinning experience.Thank youSpecial Features:
- Delicious Food & Wonderful CompanycccbDined on 11/8/2012Little Hall Dining Room is one of the best dining experience in the community. The food is superb. The students who prepared the food are knowledgeable and enjoy sharing their cuisine. The front of the house students are proud and honored to serve and are desired to make sure that you are comfortable and given their best. I give thanks and appreciation to all of the Chefs in the Culinary Arts & Baking & Pastry. Thanks Professor Niggs, you are the best.Special Features:
- Hummus and dip were way tooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012Hummus and dip were way too salty during the Middle Eastern/Greek Cuisine.Special Features:
- Lunch at SCC was a huge treat.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012Lunch at SCC was a huge treat. I enjoyed authentic cuisine that I cannot find anywhere locally. The "staff" was friendly, enthusiastic and professional. I was totally impressed!Special Features:
- Bon Appetit!cccbDined on 9/27/2012The food, ambiance, waitstaff,host & cooks were superb! I especially enjoyed the variety of Indian cuisine and receiving feedback from the students who prepared the food. Their knowledge of the dishes served showed a passion for the skills they are receiving in the Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Arts Departments. Kudos to the facility for a job well done.Special Features:
- The food quality is delectable.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012The food quality is delectable. The price is amazingly affordable for such high quality food. It is a true local gem. I attend luncheons here frequently along with many of my co-workers. A one time visit is simply not enough!Special Features:
- My wife and I are very,veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012My wife and I are very,very pleased with everything!Special Features:
- The students do a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012The students do a wonderful job of preparing & serving delicious food and we have an opportunity to taste foods from a variety of countries.Special Features:
- Always great food,excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012Always great food,excellent service and friendly and helpful staff.We have taken many guests there and all rave about the service ,food ,friendly staff and have a experience to renmember.We are glad to support the college and way we can.Thanks againSpecial Features:
- Always a great time and mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012Always a great time and meals are excellent wioth a very nice staff.ThanksSpecial Features:
- The meal was super and weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012The meal was super and we met a very delightful couple who dined with us. We look forward to enjoying more delicious meals in the fall.
- Wonderful food served by theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012Wonderful food served by the students of the Culinary Dept. It is as good as any five star restaurant!Special Features:
- Only complaints: 1 - no wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012Only complaints: 1 - no wine available, as it's a culinary arts class luncheon served at a community college; and 2 - the furniture in the foyer is getting worn and should be refreshed.Special Features:
- The luncheon was awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012The luncheon was awesome. Our developmental department came as a group and everyone just loved it all. What such a great way to share with your co-workers and still meet the needs of our students. Keep up the great work! Go Culinary!!!! We appreciate you!!!Special Features:
- excellent and little knownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2012excellent and little known in the community. Need to do more publicity. Interesting menu - different each week. Great way for students to practice and community to reap benefit of delicious food while allowing students to learn.Special Features:
- Students work hard and doOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2012Students work hard and do their best to provide a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Nice to support the studentsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2012Nice to support the students from the local college. Food was tasty!Special Features:
- It is a wonderful opportunityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2012It is a wonderful opportunity to share the food that the culinary arts program prepares. Whether you attend for the adventure to try new kinds of food or enjoy the kind of food you prepare at home, it's a win-win for both the college and the community.Special Features: