The Devine Affair
14021 Memorial Dr
Houston, TX 77079Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Devine Affair
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thedevineaffair.com/
- Phone: 2817596300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Devine Affair offers full service catering for your home, business, or school.
For school catering, call the store for more information.
The Devine Affair recognizes how busy life is for families. We have designed a pre-ordered, family-style, carry-out menu to ease the burden of dinner. Our meals include salad, entree, and fresh bread for four people.
A word from The Devine Affair
The Devine Affair is a delightful bistro nestled into the fast-paced life that is Houston; a place where old world charm is paired with the old world flavors of Italy. Enjoy the soft lighting, layered table linens, signature Focaccia bread, wines hand-picked by the owner and the bountiful Italian cuisine. You will always be personally greeted and likely receive tableside recommendations regarding the Chef’s special creations, entrées and accompaniments as well as the most complementary wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Devine Affair reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Another excellent mealneotheoneVIPDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I enjoyed another excellent meal at the Divine Affair. Superior service, outstanding atmosphere and excellent cuisine we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good venue, company betterBizmarketingguruDined on 6/24/2014Nice neighborhood spot for romantic dinner... piano bar...food was good as was wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough for Katy, TXItalianfooddevoteeVIPDined on 6/17/2014Our experience at the Devine Affairs has led me to question the reliability of the reviews on Open Table, which were generally favorable to this restaurant. However, it was the tackiest Open Table restaurant I've been to. The food was mediocre, and the bread was wilted. They only serve wine and bear, so no cocktails. It's a shame because they have a hard-working Hostess, who wound up busing tables for her lazy and inattentive waiters.
- Lovely Evening with FriendsNancyDined on 6/13/2014A group of 7 of us enjoyed a loverly dinner. The food was excellent and the service was even better. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Good foodnoblenDined on 5/31/2014Had an anniversary dinner here and I wasn't disappointed. Food was good and the waiter was quick/attentive.Special Features:
- The following 40 reviews are from the The Devine Affair reviews archive.
- My favorite restaurant...GrandmaVIPDined on 5/10/2014This is a favorite for me. I celebrate my birthday, and special occasions here. The owner makes the rounds as is most friendly. I even have a favorite waiter, James. You have to try this neighborhood gem. Yummy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencebigwhitebirdDined on 5/3/2014Went there for the fourth time last week with old friends. We found the service impeccable, the food delicious, and the live piano very pleasant. The Parmesan Crusted Flounder deserves special mention, and the Chocolate Mousse Cake was the best any of us had ever had.Special Features:
- We love Devine Affair forHarryDined on 4/8/2014We love Devine Affair for dinner with business guests and friends. It's a comfortable, quiet place with always good table-side service, a welcoming host, creative meals and good wines. We especially favor the poultry and seafood, and their vegetable accompaniments are a favorite. My go-to dessert is the yummy bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional culinary experienceneotheoneVIPDined on 4/5/2014Excellent cuisine, superior service, reasonable price. A true neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealbjacksonDined on 3/7/2014We had a wonderful meal while visiting from out of town. Seafood cooked perfectly. Great pasta. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- consistent excellenceneotheoneVIPDined on 3/7/2014We continue to enjoy this neighborhood gem. My wife and I decided on the spur of the moment to eat out, our reservations were handled rapidly by Open Table, and we arrived one hour later. We had requested a north window seat, and our favorite waiter James. We chose a different eating method, this time we shared a delicious appetizer of Mussels in Red Sauce, then a delicious Caesar Salad, both of which were served separately, and on individual dishes. We then shared the special of the day , Rack of Lamb, also served individually, and beautifully presented, by their outstanding chef, Ismael. The meal was finished with a shared Chocolate Mousse, what a wonderful culinary experience, all for $100, not including tip, with four glasses of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no place like homeneotheoneVIPDined on 2/15/2014We have eaten here 7 times in the past month, never fails to live up to expectations. Superior food and service, excellent atmosphere, great prices. What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was wonderingJudyDined on 2/15/2014The food was excellent and our seating was perfect. Our waitress, Brittany, was truly "devine" ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were there on ValentinesKlinkDined on 2/14/2014We were there on Valentines Day. There was a set menu which was excellent. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood EateryNPSCDined on 2/1/2014A good neighborhood place, but not a destination restaurant. I'd certainly go again if I lived close by, but wouldn't make a long trip to eat there. Standard Italian menu, nothing adventurous. My wife's veal picatta was fine, the sauce on my chicken marsala was burned and bitter. Ambience was very nice for a strip center restaurant. Service was very attentive and, as requested, we received a quiet 4-top for the 2 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food service and pricesMagnificentVIPDined on 1/14/2014Terrific food at a great price. Always service with a smile. We have been many times and will go back many more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningsteveVIPDined on 1/11/2014The Devine Affair is a very friendly place with great food at a price that does not break the bank. We enjoyed everything about the evening. Thank you to Lindsey and all the team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerlucyDined on 1/11/2014Devine Affair is a favorite neighborhood restaurant.. It is very restaurant. The one suggestion would be it would be prepared ----especially on the weekend-----with their featured specials and white wines chilled and ready to serve.Special Features:
- Culinary excellence with a flairneotheoneVIPDined on 1/11/2014Lindsy, owner, Ismael, Chef ,and James waiter, made yet another wonderful feasting experience for my family. We were celebrating the return of our daughter from a Paris vacation with a Houston version of cuisine par excellence. Since our discovery of this wonderful neighborhood restaurant four months ago it has become our dinning destination of choice. We spent an hour and a half in culinary heaven. Always a personal touch, James relays all pertinent information on specials of the day, and is quick to respond and even anticipate ours needs, but does not hover. Dinner for three with appetizer, entree, two glasses of wine each, and desert for under $150 including tip, money well spent. Bon appetitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devine Affair - absolutely devine!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Excellent location for dinner, fun, great service, outstanding food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WelcomingLoveyDined on 12/31/2013We always feel welcomed at the Devine Affair. The food and service are the best we can find anywhere in Houston.Special Features:
- Great New YearsoldsingerDined on 12/31/2013We enjoyed the 3 course menu provided for New Year's Eve. The food was well prepared and tasted wonderful. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the intimate atmosphereGranDined on 12/4/2013Love the intimate atmosphere and great food in an out of the way place right in my neighborhood!Special Features:
- Special treatneotheoneVIPDined on 11/30/2013The food was excellent, Mediterranean with style, prices are moderate, service exceptional, just the right mood. Our waiter, James, was always available, but not overattentive, and the owner Lindsey Geoffrey was sweet to stop by and check on us. All in all an exceptional culinary experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingEagleMikeDined on 11/28/2013Food was delicious. Presentation was very nice. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Had a very nice time.Special Features:
- I met with a group of clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/20/2013I met with a group of clients here for lunch - The restuarant was wonderful. This group is somewhat discerning when it comes to restaurants and they all loved it. I will bring others and not fear that food or service will not impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you asked for my opnionlucyDined on 10/26/2013the restaurnt has very good service..fair prices;;;we do not plan to return because the food and wine were less than acceptable and our waiter had no knowledge of the difference in several wines..consequently I just took a guess and it was below standard. I asked for a Pinot Grigeo...not Santa Margherita...it also was below standard.
- Neighborhood gemProDinerVIPDined on 10/19/2013My family and friends have made this our regular spot for dinner. The consistency and quality of the food is spot on. The service is impeccable, and one of the most important things for me as a customer is to know that the owner/manager is always there overlooking things. I highly recommend Devine Affair for any occasion. The specials are truly amazing, and the bread pudding is simply succulent. Last weekend I tried the Filet in a very delicate demi-glaze sauce and it was simply out of this world. We like our steaks well done, and it was cooked to perfection without being dry. That is the absolute way to prepare a well done steak.Special Features:
- Devine MealBraveheartVIPDined on 10/16/2013Our first time here, and it certainly did not disappoint. Greater warmly by the new owner, and encouraged by the wine recommendation. The starters salad and soup were tasty. The main course was phenomenal, mine the flounder over risotto, my date's the beef medallions. The presentation of the food was art, but the taste was incredible. So pleasantly surprised by this neighborhood restaurant. We will definitely return with friends, and will try dessert next time.Special Features:
- Tuesday night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2013Excellent dining experience in all respects. We definitely will returne for more.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotProDinerVIPDined on 8/30/2013I love this neighborhood place. It has the upscale atmosphere as well as a relaxed feeling. I am sold on this place and have become a regular. Any of the fish specials are unbelievable. The presentation and flavors that the chef brings out in his dishes is outstanding. We have tried several dishes including their Pork Chop special and we are finding consistency in the food and pretty much the best we ever had. Having all this said. I do find the items in the menu just a bit pricey, but with the quality of food coming out of the kitchen I overlook this. Another must do at this restaurant is the Bread Pudding for dessert. It is indescribably delicious.Special Features:
- Fine dining in the 'hoodK8TXDined on 6/15/2013What a gem The Devine Affair is, and right in our neighborhood. The food was spectacular, and the service was impeccable. You are missing out if you skip this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David Devine really knowsGranDined on 5/31/2013David Devine really knows how to create a dining experience -- from the fabulous food and wide-ranging wine list to the lovely atmosphere, not to mention his own style of perfect attention to patrons! This is always our first choice for a special occasion, as well as a quiet dinner any day of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointed in thatRairoadVIPDined on 5/22/2013A little disappointed in that it offered only wine and beer, but he food and service were good.Special Features:
- Our family gathered in thisDrinkMoreWineVIPDined on 3/2/2013Our family gathered in this lovely "neighborhood gem" to celebrate a birthday! Everyone was happy with their menu item and making EVERYONE happy all at the same time .. well, that's quite an accomplishment! We never felt rushed and when we needed anything, our server was right there. Overall, it was a great evening and we thank you very much!Special Features:
- We had an excellent Valentine'sHoustondinerVIPDined on 2/14/2013We had an excellent Valentine's dinner. I didn't care for the table's location that much, but it was a crowded night, and the food was great, also the service.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience! LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Wonderful experience! Lovely decor! Great for intimate special occasion!:Special Features:
- Delicious. Perfect Date PlaceNikkiVIPDined on 2/14/2013My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant on Valentine's Day. It was a fixed menu, so I cannot vouch for the variety of the normal menu, but everything that we ate was DELICIOUS. The steak was well marinated and cooked to perfection The restaurant is decorated beautifully. Great place for a romantic dinner. Not reccommended for kids at night. The outside patio is canopied with strung lights and is so pretty.Special Features:
- Lovely, wonderful food andlunchmastersDined on 2/6/2013Lovely, wonderful food and our group of four ladies meeting for lunch were allowed to visit, enjoy our wine and dine at our own pace. Friendly, attentive, and helpful waiter. It is a beautiful dining area where you are made to feel welcome at lunch and dinner. They have a great bar area where a few lone diners were having their lunch. I have been there for dinner and it was very busy with a happy energy.Special Features:
- We visited for my birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2013We visited for my birthday. I asked for a nice table when I made my reservation and we were placed at a nice table in the corner. The poor part of the evening was when a large grp were seated next to us and one of the ladies in the group was wearing her tennis shorts and top with a ball cap. I couldn't beleive this was allowed. For some reason this group decided to move to the outdoor table and I remarked to the mgr/owner that I was happy they moved outside as the patron wearing the ballcap was right in my sight. She looked surprised and said that was her tennis instructor. She even pointed out her husband who was wearing jeans. I guess that is what she thinks of her own restaurant!