The Depot Restaurant - Seaview
1208 38th Place
Seaview, WA 98640Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Depot Restaurant - Seaview
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://depotrestaurantdining.com/
- Phone: (360) 642-7880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Lalewicz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Most catering is done on site as described above under Private Parties. We cater appetizers for offsite events.
- Special Events: Wine Dinners are held October through June including our October Wild Mushroom Dinner, November Lewis & Clark Wild Game Dinner, Valentines Savory and Sweet Dinner and spring time Italian and French wine dinners. Wednesday is Burger Nite Mid October - Mid June.
A word from The Depot Restaurant - Seaview
The Depot Restaurant - Seaview features casual fine dining offering a Chef's Table to watch owner Chef Michael Lalewicz perform his magic from a display kitchen. The covered heated deck adds outdoor seating. A northwest and international wines list offers 16 wines by the glass and six microbrews on-tap. This 125 year old train station from the peninsula's Clamshell Railroad feels like a French Bistro especially when seated at the 9 seat counter reminding one of the Orient Express. Northwest Palate claims "Lalewicz has food angels in the kitchen" and food writer Gerry Frank of the Oregonian declares "the Depot is one of the best Dinner Houses in the Northwest"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Depot Restaurant - Seaview - Best Restaurants in Seaview ›
The Depot Restaurant - Seaview reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)romantic (11)special occasion (10)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (6)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Don't miss this place!!!JemLilDined on 11/14/2014I discovered this place a few years ago. It is fabulous. The food is consistently well prepared, presented and delicious. It is cozy and liniment. In the fall and winter months, Wednesday is Burger Night. I recommend The Depot to everyone who is traveling anywhere near the area. I travel over 300 miles to eat there. It is kid friendly but not in a tourist sort of way. The staff is top notch and would never be rude to anyone. They are very attentive. The Depot is quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantShariDined on 10/31/2014Whenever I'm in the Seaview area, I always have at least one dinner at the Depot. Great food and wine selections, and wonderful, attentive staff.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and the whole staff made us feel well cared for. The food was beautifully prepared and presented and they helped us with our wine pairing.Special Features:
- Perfect 3 year wedding anniversaryMissMaddyDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I came to Long Beach for our 3 year wedding anniversary. We had a very hard time finding any romantic and formal restaurants in the area. The Depot was not only able to accommodate our special reservations that same day but they were all charming and happy to be there. The ambiance is beautiful and our food was ready in minutes. I loved my seaweed salad with prawns and even ate part of my husbands southern style pork. I would recommend this to anyone. Hope to come back and take advantage of their outdoor seating next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good wine, good ...grgshrnDined on 9/27/2014Dungeness and Mac and cheese who knew? I could of ate a couple more plates of that appetizer and been in heaven but I had already ordered a rib eye with blue cheese butter that we one of that nights specials. The steak wasn't the most tender I ever had but excellent taste and cooked perfectly. Wife had chile lime prawns so we shared to get our surf and turf on. Prawns were some of the best I ever had. The food was great, the service even better. A little out of our normal price range but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Depot restaurantRichardADined on 9/27/2014This is a small restaurant with good food and a welcoming person at the front desk. We had the Dungeness Mac and it was excellent. Since this is located near the Wallapa Bay the oyster scargo and the oyster dinner were what we chose. If you like oysters you will be rewarded. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this time!MimiDined on 9/24/2014I had been to The Depot three times before and loved the food, ambiance and the service so I was eager to go back when I visited Long Beach again. But I have to say I was disappointed with my meal this time. I ordered the gazpacho which was not good. I had a steak (which was wonderful) but the potatoes au gratin were the worst I have ever had. It tasted like they forgot to add any salt or seasonings. I could only eat two bites. My husband said his dinner was excellent and everything I have ever eaten there before has been outstanding so I was surprised at the meal I got. Maybe a new cook...I don't know. This will not stop me from ever going there again because I still think The Depot is one of the best restaurants in Long Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSesch77Dined on 9/7/2014Every item on the menu is crafted in such a mindful fashion, utilizing the best local seafood, meats, and vegetables. Simply delicious. The chef really knows what he is doing! Try the signature red wine--awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seaview DiningKrisDined on 8/18/2014Staying in Seaview, we were so pleased to walk a few blocks to the Depot Restaurant. Our friends, staying further up the Long Beach peninsula, joined us one evening at the Depot and our party of eight enjoyed an evening of excellent sea food options and wine options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 51 reviews are from the The Depot Restaurant - Seaview reviews archive.
- Wonderful EveningMaestroJDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at The Depot. The service was friendly and attentive to our needs. The chef altered one of the day's special meals to accommodate food allergies and create a wonderful alternative. The Salmon was served with a balsamic reduction that was presented with a crisp exterior and moist and delicious interior. This was served with wild rice with added ingredients which made it interesting and delicious. Vegetables were cooked al dente, just the way we prefer them. The local oysters were served with a delicious aioli. The dual sorbet desert was a refreshing and not too sweet end of a fine meal.Special Features:
- Elegance and PrivateLetzDineDined on 7/8/2014For a dinning experience with romance, class , personal attention and amazing food. Weather your celebrating, romancing or in need of imagination. Alone, best friend, or that special one while in the area make the experience memorable! You won't regret you're choice & by looking at the menu Open Table provides. Steak perfect to order, sides that taste like part of the meal not a plate filler or leftover. Thank you All from OPEN TABLE, Nancy & Staff! ***** Adopted DaughterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatVassar77Dined on 6/24/2014Consistently one of the best restaurants on the Oregon Coast. We've tried hundreds of different versions of clam chowder, but haven't found any that are better than what the Depot serves. On this particular visit, I ordered the salmon special, which was excellent (usually, I order their amazing Southern Comfort Pork). You can't go wrong with any item on the menu. Service is professional but friendly. Atmosphere is cozy, intimate and informal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemmunichgirlDined on 5/14/2014The Depot is a gem of a restaurant, worth a trip to The Long Beach Peninsula even if the kites aren't flying or the clams showing. There is always something interesting on the menu, a great wine selection, and attentive staff. I was able to make a reservation, jump in the car and drive down the beach from Ocean Park in time for Burger Night (off-season only). I received a call-back from the restaurant to verify that I knew it was Burger Night, since they do not serve their full menu on that night. On Burger Night, you fill out your order for beef, buffalo or portabello, any variety of interesting toppings (I chose buffalo, avocado and bleu cheese) and choice of regular fries or sweet potato fries (maybe the best I've ever had!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice overall experienceMarihDined on 5/11/2014We were in town staying at the China Beach Retreat (owned an operated by the Shelburne Inn). Since we were staying a few days, we asked David Campiche (Shelburne) where in town besides he's own restaurant that he'd recommend. He suggested The Depot. Of course being an award-winning chef, he KNOWS food. The Depot was an amazing experience top to bottom. Great service in the front of the house, and beautifully prepared and plated food from the back of the house.Special Features:
- Wednesday Night Burger Night rulestechdogDined on 5/7/2014Burger Night is fantastic. Great food, always fantastic service. I highly recommend going to burger night during the off season. You can top your burgers with most anything from Jalapenos to mushrooms to pineapple to an egg. The buffalo burger is my favorite.Special Features:
- perfect every timesomethingniceDined on 4/29/2014Amazing food, perfect intimate ambiance, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for oysters & clams!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/28/2014Don't pass up the oysters 'scargot! The preparation is brilliant, featuring local fresh oysters in garlic lime butter, do much better than snails! The Clamshell Railroad Clam Chowder was a tasty combination of fresh Willapa Bay steamers and chopped ocean razor clams, garlic, potatoes and leeks. My husband has the excellent daily seafood special of panseared rockfish topped with luscious crimini mushroom cream sauce. Though 2 additional small plates were my dinner, we only had room to taste a scoop if homemade blackberry sorbet for dinner, though the orders of chocolate almond tarts at adjacent tables looked divine! It is a place where the non-seafood entrees also sounded great but we has to take advantage of the fresh local seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute little 5 star gem!MasayoDined on 4/19/2014We found this place on one of our clam dig trips. Cute place but most of all, great fine dining food and wine. This coming from an experienced foodie! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualjgbrinkVIPDined on 3/1/2014Visiting the Depot is always an adventure. Menu is changing with the seasons both for vegetables and entrees. Tonight we really enjoyed the salmon as it was done to perfection. Service was great as usual. Of course, we will be back.Special Features:
- ....:)depotDined on 2/24/2014A wonderful well rounded experience, that included fantastic food, concise friendly and quick service. Go there!!! The cheese cake was possibly the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the westDennisDined on 2/20/2014We drive 40 minutes each way to dine here. Food is simply the best, service is tops. Always looking forward to our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingluv2bnewDined on 1/26/2014We took a chance and picked a gem! We took a few days away from the kids and didn't know any of the eateries, couldn't have been more pleased with our choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurant, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014Very nice restaurant, good food, lovely evening. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best in the northwestDennisDined on 1/17/2014This is our go to,restaurant whenever we want to be pampered and taken care of. The food here is second to none and the service staff are the best. The consistency of the food here is always spot on, (even if Chef Michael is on vacation). My wife and I always look forward to dining at The Depot, even though it is a forty minute drive for us to get there. This restaurant is simply the best in the nw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and delightful new years eveFoodieforfunDined on 12/31/2013I enjoyed the warm and friendly atmosphere and the new years eve hats, neclaces and noise blowers on the table were a fun touch. The BBQ pork and mashed sweet potatoe was fabulous, comfort food. The apple crisp with hot caramel sauce was amazing. The service was very friendly but a little slow that night (the place was packed). This is a very cozy place to go for good food, wine and friendly people.Special Features:
- A New Years eve to remember.happydinerDined on 12/31/2013The dining experience was relaxed, the employees quite professional, and polite. The food was excellent. The atmosphere is very unique, and interesting. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation GetawayPreacherDined on 12/26/2013The service was excellent and we were welcomed as soon as we arrived. They were very accommodating to our diet restrictions. I had the pan fried oysters and I have never had better. My wife's dinner was also excellent. They had a reasonable wine list. It was nice to be able to look into the kitchen and see what was being prepared. THe ambience was quaint, not too large and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow factorboatguyDined on 12/13/2013we had such a wonderful meal. The chef is a wizard with seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to have my fix.AL4AstoriaDined on 11/16/2013Whenever I am in the vicinity of Astoria or the Long Beach Peninsula, I never miss The Depot. So good it can bring tears to your eyes. I have dined all over the world and nothing is better. Just as good but not better. Michael, the owner and chef, is a master at chosing fine ingredients and preparing them to tantalizing levels. Go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner at Chef's Tablewa4kayakingDined on 11/16/2013We had a wonderful dinner at the Chef's Table located next to their semi-open kitchen. The chef-owner was working and provided a delicious complimentary cheese tray. The spinach salad was one of the best I have had - including at some of the top Seattle restaurants. Both of our steak and sole/crab entrees and side dishes were excellent. The service was extremely attentive. I would highly recommend The Depot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deceitful/NO Integrity!!!MindyDined on 11/15/2013Taste of food is always good...however, I ordered halibut special but was served cut up COD and a tiny bit of serving of halibut! the table right behind us ordered the same thing and was served...HALIBUT...one whole steak of it! That was the single most horrible dining experience I have ever had!
- Destination by the seaQuilhalDined on 11/2/2013We only get to this area 1X per year. The Depot is a must when here. The restaurant was very busy the night we were there. We were impressed that the waitress acknowledged us and told us she would be right with us. So much better than some that act as if you don't exist as they rush by to serve others. Food here was nearly excellent. I had a marsalla quail stuffed with sausage. The sauce was so good I had to ask for extra bread to sop it up. My wife's filet mignon was perfectly done. I only dock the rating of food because the side vegetables were overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful find!PafayeDined on 10/20/2013We were happy to discover this restaurant by accident. It was a great experience and we would recommend it for regular and special occasions. Delightful, and the service was wonderful. We also discovered we knew the owners. We'll visit again as soon as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurant with aCarolynDined on 10/18/2013Fabulous restaurant with a terrific chef and staff. It is worth the trip to Long Beach just to eat there. The clam chowder is the best we have ever had. It is a true gem.Special Features:
- Never in my lifePepaVIPDined on 10/14/2013Never in my life have I had to correct a restaurant in regards to my bill where the restaurant forgot to include a beverage that I ordered, only to get a phone call later to inform me that my credit card statement will reflect an increased charge because they missed it again without my signature authorizing the additional charge! I would expect a restaurant that expects patron recommendations to eat the less than $5 and to never go where any restaurant owner has ever gone before by actually charging my credit card without an authorization signature. I'll be sure NOT to recommend The Depot to any of my friends visitng Long Beach, Washington.
- Best place for dinner in Long BeachjendeaDined on 10/6/2013The food was prepared with care and was excellent. Too bad it is not opened for breakfast as we could not find anyplace that had good food in Long Beach for breakfast! Highly recommend for dinner for 2 with a glass of wine each it was $100.00Special Features:
- Favorite Spot in Long BeachRoxyDined on 10/5/2013One of our favorite restaurants anywhere. We try to have dinner at the Depot whenever we visit Long Beach. Always a wonderful experience from the moment you step in the door until you leave! Every dish we have tried has been excellent, and the service is warm, friendly and professional. Although it is a romantic setting lovely for a special occasion, the service is noted to be friendly and welcoming to families with young children as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service.PepperjenkinsDined on 10/4/2013Salmon was delicious, ambiance amazing however, service from the front of house manager or owner was dismal. Although my salmon was very good, my wife's pheasant was not. When asked how our food was I politely explained that my food was excellent but, my wife's was less than so. Rather than offer something else instead, my wife was just told "it's an acquired taste". I found this response to be offensive, pretentious, and rude. Rather than continue our dining experience, I immediately asked for the check. With a price tag averaging $25-$35 a plate I would expect to leave satisfied. Instead my wife was forced to eat the BBQ mess they called pheasant and she and I both left the restaurant with a bad taste in our mouths.
- outstanding as usualpickyDined on 9/27/2013The food is always interesting and excellently prepared and served. The service is attentive and friendly but not overbearing. We love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another positive eveningjgbrinkVIPDined on 8/30/2013When it comes to having a positive visit to The Depot, the staff and dining experience continues to be consistently positive. When the staff recognized that they did not have a table available at the time we had made the reservation. They called and asked if they could seat us at a different location or a another time. When the meat was a little over done, they immediately attempted to correct the situation. With that being said, the taste was great, matching rest of the the meal. The dessert, a black berry and peach cobbler was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.