The Depot Grill
241 North Main St.
Cedar City, UT 84720Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Depot Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.depotgrillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4358657445
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 4PM to 10 Pm
Friday and Saturday 4PM to 11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bud Kinder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Depot Grill
Fine dining has arrived in Cedar City. The Depot Grill features the culinary expertise of multiple chefs, and a menu sure to please the most discriminating palate. Our entrees include the finest cuts of beef, lamb, and pork, fresh never frozen seafood, and poultry, complemented by fabulous sides, salads and desserts. Make your next stop the Depot Grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Depot Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- We were celebrating our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012We were celebrating our anniversary and it was a wonderful experience. The evening was wonderful, the atmosphere was very romantic, and the food was delicious. Our server was very friendly and very professional.Special Features:
- Outstanding meal with perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2012Outstanding meal with perfect service. I lived in Las Vegas for 10 years before retiring to Cedar City, Utah. Cedar is a Nice town, but limited restaurants. FINALLY a true "Fine Dining" restaurant in Cedar City with a real liquor license. Great meal for 4 adults including steaks, seafood, wine and cocktails.. Everything was done exactly as we ordered. We will be back with friends. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Fish and chips was ok. FishOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2012Fish and chips was ok. Fish was frozen, fresh would be much better. On our next visit we'll try different items. Very nice dining area.Special Features:
- The staff was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2012The staff was very friendly and helpful, The food was outstanding and presented in a very nice way. We were impressed!Special Features:
- We have been to The DepotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2012We have been to The Depot several times and have never had a bad dining experience. The food is amazing and the staff is terrific. I would highly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- THis is an excellent placeMaryandJimVIPDined on 10/27/2012THis is an excellent place to have dinner before the Shakespeare FestivalSpecial Features:
- We were celebrating our daughter's2OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012We were celebrating our daughter's20th birthday and not familiar with all restaurants in Cedar City, what a find! We were very pleased with the Depot Grill. We are planning a trip back to Cedar City for SUU Basketball and definitely will be back at the restaurant. Thanks.Special Features:
- Delish! Food was good, ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Delish! Food was good, Service was great. Absolutely going back!!!Special Features:
- What a terrific restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2012What a terrific restaurant in the heart of our town. We tried it for the first time this past weekend and were really impressed with the service and food. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Fine Diningjd18Dined on 9/28/2012This restaurant was recommended to us by the owners of the Iron Gate B&B, and it is walking distance from them. Fine dining and very good service.Special Features:
- We ordered Veal Oscar thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2012We ordered Veal Oscar that wasn't like any Veal Oscar we have ever seen before. It looked like a piece of breaded cardboard. We sent it back and ordered Shrinp Scampi in it's place, which came served over a bed of pasta. They forgot the garlic or any other seasonings. I had a sirloin steak, baseball cut, medium-rare. When it was served it was medium-well and as a result of being overcooked was a bit tough. Our server was gracious and up-beat. They serve wine, which was a plus for Utah. I cannot reommend Depot Grill.
- We enjoyed our experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012We enjoyed our experience. We will come back when in the area!Special Features:
- Prices much too high........foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2012Prices much too high........food was just warm and nothing special for the cost. Will not return.
- The food overall was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012The food overall was fantastic. We went there two nights in a row, had reservations and was seated quickly. Suggest you get reservations to save time. The only problem was the service, the first night we had a great server, however the second night the server was very poor.. We will go again just for the food. The veal Oscar and lamb oso buco wad fantastic. The crab cakes and crab stuffed shrimp was real mouth pleaser along with beautiful plating. Fantastic spot in Cedar City.Special Features:
- this was an excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012this was an excellent restaurant for a small town. It is somewhat expensive but the food was excellent.Special Features:
- spectacular food, we willOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012spectacular food, we will be back. Best steak I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- Best Restarant in Cedar City for diBobBVIPDined on 8/10/2012We had been there 2 times in 2 1/2 weeks due to Shakespeare Festival. The food was really great both times and the place as a whole is really great! The service the first time was fantastic, the second time not as good, not really attentive and seemed not really on the mark.. Like we had to ask for specials of the day which I ordered the Prime Rib.Special Features:
- Excellent in Cedar CityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012The quality of the food at the depot grill is on par with the best restaurants in major metro areas. In my opinion it is the first one of it’s kind in Cedar City. The chef is clearly experienced and paying attention to every detail. He creates dishes with delicate flavors and makes sure each one is cooked and presented to perfection. This is not just a grill it is a fine restaurant. In addition to meats and fish it has an excellent vegan option on the menu as well as a variety of pasta dishes. I have been there three times and between my husband and I we have tried the pasta, vegan stuffed pepper, fish and meat, all excellent, not to mention the desserts and wine. If you are looking for a great restaurant you will lack for nothing here!Special Features:
- Excellent food. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012Excellent food. Excellent service. A bit noisy, but the building was formerly a train station which are always noisy.The ambiance was good. It's a great place to eat before seeing the plays at the Shakespeare festival.Special Features:
- Upscale dining in historic depot.Mule54Dined on 8/2/2012This is nice upscale dining in Cedar City in a lovely restored historic depot. It has a large open dining room and a nice bar with discreet TV in one end (near Kitchen). A few outdoor tables. Service was efficient (although we had to remind them about bread, but the rolls were very good). They get diners in and out in time for plays at the Shakespeare Festival. Delicious salads; the duck was a stand-out. I'm not sure that the old-fashioned oval "diner" plates work for this more elegant food. That was the only note that seemed off.Special Features:
- aimed high, haven't hit mark yetJPOSODined on 7/26/2012It was very early (5:30 PM pre-Shakespeare play), with few people when we were there, but it was still noisy. The service was attentive, but the menu was limited in "reasonably priced" choices, and also limited in general choice. For an overdressed ceasar salad with grilled (salty) chicken ($14) (ordered as entree), and the appetizer crab cakes -- two cakes with a small scoop of avocado on each ($12) but nothing else on the plate (ordered as entree), with a glass of (average) wine each, we came out with a bill of $45 before tip. We know they are aiming for fine dining, but we would have thought that after a year of having been open, they would have been closer to that goal.
- We returned this year whenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012We returned this year when attending the Utah Shakespearean Festival. The Restaurant is the best in Cedar City. The salads were wonderful, the steak was perfect, the side vegetables were crisp/tender. Our waitress, Erin, was so nice and helpful. The restaurant had run out of an item, and she was so apologetic and so cute, how could we be the least bit upset. We look forward to returning next year.Special Features:
- My salad suffered from anOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012My salad suffered from an overkill of too much cheese. I didn't think veggies could be cooked to taste pleasantly different, I was right. The chicken was great, the bread was great and my drink, for UTAH was very good. Three other members of the party were very pleased with their meals.Special Features:
- We ordered 2 soups and salads,nprmarquesaDined on 7/14/2012We ordered 2 soups and salads, no alcohol and had a bill of almost $50. The salad was only fair and very skimpy. I ordered a special beet salad with goat chesse and had to hunt for the cheese and 2 small sliced beets. The onion soup was fair, very little cheese and a small crock for $6. The server is fair and needed to be asked to clear extra glasses. I love Cedar City but this is casual dining not gourmet.
- Nice restaurant - the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2012Nice restaurant - the best that I've found in Cedar City. Located in a historic building (old train depot).Special Features:
- Great find (and walking distance)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2012Great find (and walking distance) in Cedar City during the wonderful Shakespeare festival. My husband and I were sharing a steak and a salad and our waitress even offered to have the two halves of the steak cooked differently (since my husband likes his rare and I like mine well done!)Special Features:
- Good food but WAY over PRICED!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012It was a good place to eat by all means. But for the PRICE!!! Not worth it.
- Too expensive $ 80 - forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Too expensive $ 80 - for my wife and I My wife didn't get a refill on her water I feel that an upscale restaurant should bring out fresh bread and also include a salad for a $ 80 dollar price tag The staff where busy laughing and giggling - but no refill The pasta that my wife ordered was tiny ! - and tasted like it was frozen Definately not going backSpecial Features:
- Great addition to Cedar CityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2012This is a great addition to Cedar City, which has a very limited selection of restaurants one might describe as "fine dining". The food was very good all around and the setting in the old train depot is handled with elegance. Service was a little slow, but very courteous. They are figuring out the nuances of cocktails, but it is wonderful to have a place in town to order a real drink. A good spot for a more up-scale, big city dining experience.Special Features:
- Food tasted very good, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Food tasted very good, especially the deep fried cheese cake. A bit too expensive for what you get for my taste, though that is the type of restaurant it is. I'd rather go somewhere else where the food is a tad bit less in quality, though much cheaper. The experience and ambiance was nice, though having eaten there when it was a pizza place you still kind of feel it's old remnants. If you like "fine dining" this is the place to go in Cedar City.Special Features:
- good halibutOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/5/2012We werevisiting utah for a zion trip and this place was close to our hotel.. we ordered the halibut.. It was very good. If we ever come back to cedar city...we would come here again
- Upscale Dining in Cedar City, UtahOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2012We were greeted at the door and taken to our table. There were way more servers than diners, but we were early and a large group of 40 was expected. They have managed to take what was a pizza parlour and upgrade it with new lighting, tables, chairs and fine paintings on the walls to a fine dining experience. The one exception to the great food was my duck which tasted good, but was too red to the eye for my tastes. Next time I order duck I'll order it "well-done." The rock sugar stirrers for the coffee was an attractive and unusual feature.Special Features:
- We had terrific food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012We had terrific food and service. the restaurant is new and has a wonderful feel. it is centrally located and has ample free parking. we will go again soon.Special Features:
- Very nice friendly, helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2012Very nice friendly, helpful staff. Menu prices probably a little high for the area.
- Good location near severalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Good location near several hotels and close to the Utah Shakespearean Festival. Good ambiance and decor. Wood paneling, etc. Had their Depot salad. Good, but not a standout. For my entree, had ribeye steak. Very delicious. All in all, a good experience. Waitress was attentive and friendly. The prices might be a tad high for the quality of food. But, then again, my perspective is that of a small town (Cedar City) native, so I'm used to chain restaurant prices. I just think the prices (though not outrageously high) don't completely justify that the food doesn't stand out. I think there is room for improvement.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Everything was excellent! Best rib eye steaks anywhere!Special Features:
- Resturant was clean and niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Resturant was clean and nice atmosphere. Service was a little slow but acceptable. Salad was good but my wife had the rib eye special that was fatty and tough. I had the filet and it too was full of fat and grissle. We could only eat about half of the steaks. Had desert and it was very good.
- Great food and service combinedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012Great food and service combined with a wonderful, elegant decor. We love this place.Special Features:
- Very elegant atmosphere, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Very elegant atmosphere, great food & wonderful desserts! It's the "extra special" place to dine in Cedar City.Special Features:
- Although the soup was cold,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Although the soup was cold, even when sent back for more heat, the spinach salad was insanely good. The halibut was outstanding, really excellent. This little gem in Cedar City was a big surprise.Special Features: