The Deck on Laguna Beach
627 Sleepy Hollow Ln.
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Deck on Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://deckonlaguna.com/
- Phone: (949) 494-6700
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 9:00am - 11:30pm
Daily 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Rainer Schwarz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer beachfront sunset dining option with reservation of our Bungalows from 8-50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Lomonaco 9492815720x
- Entertainment: Live music Monday thru Thursday in the late afternoon from 5pm to sunset.
Featuring local musicians singing and playing beach music.
- Cross Street: Pacific Coast Highway
- Public Transit: The Laguna Beach Trolley stops on our block directly in front of the entrance to The Pacific Edge Hotel just above our location on Sleepy Hollow Lane.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer convenient valet parking in front of the restaurant. $6 with validation.
A word from The Deck on Laguna Beach
Come as you are. The Deck on Laguna Beach is the ultimate place to relax. We offer a menu inspired by our stunning beachfront surroundings. From the freshest oysters, appetizers and entrees to our handcrafted cocktails made from the finest spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Deck on Laguna Beach - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
The Deck on Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (53)scenic view (49)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (19)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (15)great for brunch (10)good for groups (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Awesome spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Took a friend here for her birthday. It was both of our first times. All of the staff was super friendly and helpful. Our server was a little standoffish and could have been more helpful (we ordered apps and didn't get any plates or set ups until we asked) but overall we had a great time. The view was amazing and the vibe was laid back and beachy. Valet parking was convenient and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/28/2014The view was amazing! I was a little concerned when I turned on a back alley to get there, but it was great. The food was good though the service was slow.Special Features:
- Great vibeL8KLIFEDined on 10/28/2014Took first timers to Laguna here. Very casual, friendly and lively. Not the place for a quiet chat but you can't beat the view. Tables are small so works best for two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingBJBEACHDined on 10/27/2014I specifically requested a table at the ocean side of the deck for three when I made my reservation. Unfortunately the people ahead of us, who had not made a reservation, were seated at the only four top that exists by the railing. When we arrived at the hostess stand, she was on the phone for a significant period of time with no acknowledgement to our presence---quite rude. Our waiter was very pleasant. The food was okay. I would try this place again when company is in town--maybe!Special Features:
- luvslunchingDined on 10/20/2014Great place for lunch with friends and out-of-town guests!Special Features:
- Good food and well-covered!KkjacobyDined on 10/20/2014We are locals (CdM and Laguna) and it was very nice. When it got more crowded, we had a bit of trouble getting our server's attention but we were celebrating a bday and it didn't bother us too much. I was intrigued by the open table reference (or was it the restaurant's?) that we only had 2 hours for the table since we had it longer and no one said anything to us... The food was good (the oysters were very fresh) and our server suggested we get the charcuterie and cheese platter combined and it was perfect. She even gave us extra bread! The patio was well-covered as it turned out to be another beautiful, sunny day in paradise. I will go back and recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeraldDined on 10/13/2014The restaurant was great, food was wonderful. Waitress was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ocean viewBunnyDined on 10/9/2014Noisy, crowded, expensive for average food. They do not serve decaf coffee....no coffee pot in the kitchen! Really? Except for watching the sun set on the ocean, it's no big deal. After its dark who really cares? The valet parking was nine dollars. Really?Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014Maybe we hit it on a bad night. From the host to the waitress, bad service and it wasn't too busy. Bad table next to kitchen. Food just ok. Waitress never asked if we wanted another drink, water, coffee, dessert. Validated vallet parking $9. ?
- The Deck view and ambiance awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014The food was great, beautiful sunset and great music. The service, however was lacking. We had to ask for water and bread at least 3 times. Every time we asked she said oh yeah let me get that. The most attention we got was when she brought the bill. We didn't care that much because we were celebrating our anniversary so didn't need attention but if you are looking for ultimate notch service probably not the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special restaurantjeanneDined on 10/3/2014A great place for to take friends for a special view and great food.Special Features:
- Great ocean view diningLadyCatCat1Dined on 10/1/2014Great service with amazingly good food. We had the clams and mussels. Service was exceptional with just the right mount of check ins.Special Features:
- over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014We waited 45 minutes for our reservation of a week and a half...was finally sat at a table for 4 because I said my husband and I didn't really care about sitting on the front wall anymore at that point. 10 minutes later we were moved to a table for two in the interior, the heater didn't work, and it was so dark I could not see my food. The hostesses need to do a better job at seating people and being a bit more cordial. The waiter was fine. The table we were waiting for had people sitting for well over 2 hours (according to the hostess). Apparently people arriving at 4-4:30 want to see the sunset, too, I get that. At the very least, a time maximum should be set for tables or don't take reservations.
- Great viewFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was okay not incredible but the view was service was accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Drinks and appsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Not a great place for dinner but drinks and appetizers is perfect. Live music was fine but a bit too loud if you are ther to dine. They need to add some patio lighting...was very dark.
- Great Casual SpotCarlVIPDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I loved this place. Great outdoor spot to watch the sun set and enjoy the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedOCfoodieDined on 9/10/2014Had a reservation at 7 pm-table for 3. Arrived 10 minutes early. Told table would be ready soon and that host/hostess will find us at the bar. After flagging down a host 40 min later, it was obvious we were forgotten. (The delay caused us to owe more money at valet - $6 validated rate only for 2 hours). Finally was seated and ordered food. Appetizer/starter never arrived. Canceled when main was served. Also disappointed that they didn't acknowledge a birthday we were celebrating (noted thru OT reservations and reminded hostess) Would hesitantly go back for the view, live music, cocktails and some of the food but don't expect good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Outdoor Dining ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Far and away the best place we dined in our visit to Laguna Beach. The Deck outdoor seating looks out over the ocean view with a perfect sunset scenery. The ambiance and food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we found this place!JennyBDined on 9/9/2014This is a great little place hidden away on the beach. We never would have found it if not for opentable, but very glad we did! The view is fantastic, and the food was unexpectedly very good. The service could have been a little more attentive, but it think they were very busy when we visited so this is probably not always the case. Would definitely recommend for a relaxed lunch with a view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful scenic view of LagunafoodieluvDined on 9/4/2014We had an early lunch reservation, 11:30, so the service was great. The view was breathtaking. Ordered humus..excellent, enough for 2 people, kale salad (added grilled shrimp)...very good, but the portion was small, and shrimp & crab Louis salad..very good as well and it was a good size. The price was a bit high for lunch, but understandable because of the location. I will return to try dinner sometime...maybe for a special occasion. I'm sure the ambiance is romantic in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabualous view and foodjeanneDined on 9/3/2014A great restaurant with wonderful food and fabulous view.Special Features:
- Great beach viewsJeanieEatsDined on 9/2/2014We had the best table for two on the deck for a beautiful Laguna sunset. Our starter was the shrimp tacos (2) which had great flavor and w/b a great little lunch. I then had chipino which had a decent amt of seafood and was very good and I think I would order again though it could use a bit more flavor in the broth. My husband had Salmon served on a bed of veg which he wasn't especially impressed by. Our sever was a bit elusive. My soup arrived w/o spoon or a bowl for shells and it took a while to ask and receive them. The view was the star and I think we might return for lunch but dinner was pricey for the overall experience. The remodel on the Beach House (next door, same owner) is stunning.Special Features:
- Very NiceRandyVIPDined on 8/20/2014The Deck is a secret gem in the middle of Laguna Beach. The bartenders are friendly and food is very good. My few complaints would be the hostess desk and the service. The hostess desk can be a bit more friendly...they are NOT rude...by any means...but they seem to just be going through the motions. As for the food service...our waiter was very nice...but not around enough. We had to go to the bar a few times to order our own drinks while trying to find him. Overall...Great establishment and will be back.Special Features:
- Gave our table away!reddd29Dined on 8/18/2014I arrived 30 minutes early as it was a special occasion and wanted to make sure our party of 6 would be welcomed and seated in a appropriate spot. I was shown to an inside space near the restrooms that smelled strongly of fish. I asked to sit on "The Deck" and was told we would have to wait (first come/first served). I responded that I would think about what we would to do - I was 30 minutes early for our reservation after all. I went back up to the hostess station only to discover that they had already given our reservation away. Servers seemed so kind as they noticed my distress but the hostess' were rude and insulting. We won't be back!
- Secial restaurantjeanneDined on 8/18/2014The whole experience was perfect. An amazing deck right over the ocean Great menu with interesting and delicious items..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Love love love the Deck. Can't say enough about the location -- just above the sand looking out to the ocean -- it's absolutely breathtaking. This is the first time I've been here for dinner -- everything was delicious! My favorite was the clams and mussels but the rib eye steak was excellent also. Cannot say enough about the great service! From the friendly helpful attendants when we arrived to the gracious servers! We were there for almost two hours and never wanted for anything! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okdick1942Dined on 8/18/2014would not recommend ,food just fair but pricy noise was a problem
- Not as nice as it use to be :(DolphinGalDined on 8/11/2014Though it is still a wonderful setting overlooking the beach and ocean, my experience was not as wonderful as the last two times I ate there. The staff is very friendly and nice, but the whole place seemed more crowded and noisy. With the waves crashing on the beach, it was distracting to have the "not soothing" music playing loud from the speakers. There are more tables for 2 on the deck, making is seem cramped and crowded. Good luck if you have a large party. The food is very good. It just didn't have the ambiance it used to have. Not sure I would go back. I think I will take my out-of-town guests elsewhere. Probably now aimed for a younger crowd, but the prices are not inexpensive, so not sure. Nice, just not as nice as before.Special Features:
- Sweetness!SweetambienceDined on 8/5/2014We come from AZ and stay the entire month of August. This year we brought our friends to. In advance I find new and exciting restaurants to enjoy. So we tried The Deck and just Loved the great view, ambiance, food & music.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the The Deck on Laguna Beach reviews archive.
- Gorgeous patio and great bartenderWlatravelerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Food is very good, but highlights are outdoor deck overlooking the ocean and a terrific bartender. I dislike fru-fru drinks, too sweet, but his concoctions use fresh fruit, fresh sour mix, etc and were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small menu-poor serviceHayley4Dined on 7/20/2014Made reservations and was sat inside where u could see the ocean, next to the bathroom and server station. Menu was small, service was not good. Waitress hardly was around, very loud since they sat us by a guy signing music. We wanted to go for the view but we didn't get that at all. Will not be going back . Also we asked when we got there if we could sit outside closer to the ocean and the hostess said it would be another 45 mins plus, we had a 2 year old with us so that wouldn't work. Go here if u just want to drink
- Idealic setting, and yummy!nursnanDined on 6/11/2014Cramped parking,....though valet assisted; narrow walkway to dinning tables.....and then A VISTA THATS SWEEPING. Welcome to the DECK. Balmy breezes, delicious bloody Mary's ......soft breezes, and then tasty, mouth watering food. Three of us, and each raving ....shrimp and crab Louie's ....Mussels in saffron sauce worth mopping up......perfectly prepared Ahi salad....... Lovely chatting, more cocktails. Reservations made for the next week . LovelySpecial Features:
- Nice Memorial Day BrunchgraneyDined on 5/26/2014I went here for Memorial day brunch. I kinda botched the reservation (not enough people) but I spoke w/ them the day of and they worked something out for me! That was nice of them. We met some fun people at the bar and then sat down for a delightful brunch. The burger was great. The oysters were good. The grilled cheese was great. There margaritas are top notch, and that's coming from a Texan!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/15/2014We love the Deck and go most weeks through the summer, but on a hot day make sure you get a table with an umbrella. We didn't and you could fry an egg on our table it was so hot. Thankfully the staff were great, saw the problem and moved us when a shaded one came free.Special Features:
- AMAZING VIEW!!!!ConnorCostaMesaDined on 5/8/2014WOW. Just wow. I cant even begin to tell you how amazing the view is here. We went there on a Thursday evening (MAKE RESERVATIONS) around 6:30pm and so we were able to enjoy the sunset about 30-45 min into our dinner. The musician playing was great although can be a bit noisy. I will say though that the closer you sit to the water, the quieter it is. We were a party of 5 people, 4 adults and a 9 yr old boy. The food was great. Definitely try the grilled cheese - it was FANTASTIC! I have zero complaints about our night and in fact, I would HIGHLY recommend coming here - just be sure to make a reservation. The place is small and only has about 20 tables or so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laguna GemAmyMooDined on 5/7/2014Beautiful view, friendly staff (all really gorgeous) and good food. We celebrated my daughter's 21st birthday luncheon at The Deck. The staff really made it an extra special occasion. They even orchestrated a pod of gray whales to frolick just off the coast. It was spectacular!!! My only recommendation is that it can get breezy so bring a sweater or jacket. Cheers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit with friendsYLLakerFanDined on 5/4/2014We wanted somewhere new with an ocean view so we tried The Deck. Service was great, the view was awesome right on the water with a great sunset. The food was good, many gluten free options. Some had the salmon, I had the halibut, my daughter had the chicken with a spicy chile sauce, we all agree it was the best of our dinners. The was a new find for us and we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best water viewprspiceDined on 4/29/2014Such a nice romantic yet spunky place the food was great and the best was the beach view! bookoo points fellas to take ya lady out!!Special Features:
- Fabulous View and Crashing SurffuntimeDined on 4/26/2014Despite an unexpected cold & windy day it was a wonderful time. The location of this deck is perfect with a stunning view and ocean surf. The food was fresh and tasty, a fair value. The service was a tad slow, but the waiter was very busy and we could see he was hustling. Not an easy job! Don't come here unless you have time and can relax and enjoy the incredible ocean. The only thing that was disappointing was the obvious lack of any attempt to try and fill a specific table request. I think they lack a responsible "adult" to handle the reservations and hostess duties....still, all in all I am happy and will be back to this enchanting deck. D.A.S.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best waterfront dining....Jack1Dined on 4/22/2014This is a great choice for lunch or dinner, maybe the best, on the beachfront in Laguna Beach. They take reservations and provide valet parking. In Laguna Beach this is a necessity, almost anytime of the week. You won't find a better location for outdoor dining right on the oceanfront. The food was excellent. We will definitely go back.Special Features: