The Dead Fish
20050 San Pablo Avenue
Crockett, CA 94525Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Dead Fish
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedeadfish.com/
- Phone: 5107873323
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11 am - 10 pm
Weekend and Monday Holiday Brunch 11 am - 3 pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: J. C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate your private party of ten in Nemo's Nook, sixty in Vera's Lodge, and any number in between.
- Private Party Contact: Gene Moreland 5107877280
A word from The Dead Fish
Enjoy spectacular views of the new Carquinez Bridge and serene San Pablo Bay while dining on the lushly planted patio with heated and cooled cabanas and twinkling lights. Unique weekend brunch with specialty cocktails. Specialties include 100% USDA Certified Prime, Prime Rib and whole Dungeness crab. Unique dining rooms for an intimate dinner or a large group. "We may have a funny name but we're dead serious about our food!!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Dead Fish - Best Restaurants in Crockett ›
The Dead Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
387 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (325)great for outdoor dining (241)special occasion (223)good for groups (140)romantic (140)great for lunch (118)neighborhood gem (118)fit for foodies (106)great for brunch (98)kid-friendly (59)hot spot (55)vibrant bar scene (45)late-night find (33)notable wine list (24)Show More
- As advertisedEATS4BB3VIPDined on 10/20/2014Nothing outstanding, everything we ordered was good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingLechugaDined on 10/19/2014This was a 'We'll give it one last try' visit, but it was the last time! They are SO inflexible with their menu items. No more Seafood Louie salad on the menu, but you can add crab $8.95 and shrimp $7.95 to your $11.95 salad! They wouldn't even grill the shrimp, unless I wanted to peel them myself. Food was mediocre at best and very expensive. What a shame...the view is great!Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014I love this place! Great crab! I hear the other dishes are good too! Service is great! View is great! Prices are pretty good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014Had a great time celebrating with friends... they were highly impressed with my selection, even though I am not from this areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodieDined on 10/18/2014Always a great experience especially with Chris as our serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bayMitchOfDanvilleDined on 10/17/2014I consider myself a foodie and as a bay area native experienced a lot of great seafood. The Dead Fish served me the most perfectly seasoned and prepared salmon I have ever experienced. The waiter was so courteous and helpful we felt like some sort of celebrities. Literally everything involved in this evening out to celebrate my wife's birthday with friends and family went perfect. Kudos to Dead Fish and the staff!!! I can't realistically expect to have such a perfect dining experience anywhere, ever again but will definitely be back. The view of the Carquiez strait and bridge is among the best anywhere in the entire bay area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Best crab I ever had. The special garlic sauce was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not on the mark this timeMusicMajorDined on 10/15/2014The Dead Fish has been our "go to" restaurant for several years. It has always been reliably very good to excellent. But not this time. We were initially seated in a lovely banquette with plush leather seats. However, I am short and found myself sitting way too low. We were re-seated at a regular table with chairs - right next to a noisy service area. Our new waiter was much too busy, so the quality of the service suffered for the entire meal. I always order the bruscetta (garlic toast with tomatoes) which was fine, and the pan roasted mussels. This crop of mussels had the tiniest meat I've ever seen. Wrong season? Very disappointing. On the "plus" side was the no corkage fee policy and the lovely birthday dessert for my husband.
- BeautifulannivLoveDined on 10/13/2014This was an outstanding experience for a perfect 13 year anniversary. Outside seating with spectacular views, breeze from the water and overhead heat lamps. It was like we were on a cruise!! 5 star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The waiter was perfect, friendly and professional. But the front desk service could be improved. They were not efficient enough. They had us wait for additional 10 to 15 mins, even after the table was cleaned up.Special Features:
- Going Downhill...RubethDined on 10/12/2014We keep going back, because it's the best view ever...BUT the food and menu are sub-par (to be kind). The kitchen appears to be the big problem...servers are good and apologetic - food...not so much. Someone great buy this place out...please!Special Features:
- Outside dining!! Love the view!!ParadiseDined on 10/12/2014A lovely view of Carquinez Straight & Bridge!! Fresh baked bread w/unsalted butter. My martini shaker was left at the table for a second fill in my glass. My husband and I love to come here for the atmosphere & food. Fish was delicious and fresh! Only negative, we were celebrating Dad's 74th birthday and noted that on Open Table reservation. Yet waiter didn't acknowledge or know about it. Little disappointed about that but meal was wonderful! Atmosphere is romantic outside!Special Features:
- Great lunchBirthdayDinerDined on 10/11/2014Wonderful spot for our family birthday get togethers. Good for the whole family. DeliciousSpecial Features:
- Seafood cravingJake005Dined on 10/10/2014Local to the eastbay, you can count on The Dead fish for great seafood and drinks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed in service &foodAbladeDined on 10/7/2014The evening was a special occasion and we had a first day by herself server. She did not even know how to open a bottle of champagne kept forgetting what we asked for. Unfortunate and disappointed evening. We normally dine in S.F. As we will this Friday.Special Features:
- We had a great time.JazzDined on 10/5/2014We had a lovely time, sharing crab and conversation. Inside was a little noisy, but not too difficult to hear each other in a booth. The bread didn't need to be that good, but it was delicious. Excellent crab, and the garlic butter was fabulous. Didn't like the dressing on the chop chop salad - kind of a cross between French and Vinaigrette - it was a bit too acid for me, but my mother said the Louie dressing was about the bet she'd had. An excellent dessert was presented to the anniversary couple, along with a taper in a silver candlestick, which was a very nice touch. The coffee was very good. A bit expensive for us, so we will be back for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Maitre'd serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed the food and the restaurant, but did not appreciate the poor service that the Maitre'd gave us. We arrived fifteen minutes early expecting to have a drink at the bar before being seated. We we told that a table was ready now, and that we needed to sit immediately, otherwise we would have to wait longer than our original time slot. We did not appreciate being rushed, especially when we were early for our seating. We wonder what would have happened if we had showed up at our scheduled time, would we have been asked to wait? Otherwise, we had a good time and enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lacking servicefrequentdinerDined on 10/4/2014I called the restaurant after making the reservation to request an outside table with a view of the bridges. When we got there they tried to seat us elsewhere and said it would be quite a while before they had any open tables there. They were rude and very unhappy that we had made a request. I told them (pleasantly) that we would gladly wait in the bar for a table. Suddenly it was no problem and we were seated in the requested area--and 2 other tables opened up as we sat down. Our waitress was nice, so we tipped well, but the service was questionable--had to repeatedly ask for water, silverware, condiments... the food was good, but took a very long time. We enjoyed the night because that's what we do, but they sure could do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Special night out with friends. Our server was terrific, but the kitchen took an hour to get our dinners prepared. However we were having so much fun we hardly noticed and they gave us two free deserts to make up for the inconvenience which was very nice. Been to The Dead Fish before and will continue to come.Special Features:
- Our 1st & last @ The Dead FishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Parking was horrible. Guests were fighting over a parking space. Took us 20 mins to find a spot. Arrived 10 mins early but had to wait 45 mins to get a table. Requested table with a view but was seated in the back by the kitchen with missing silver wares. They overbooked the reservations and not even once they offer any apology. Worst dining experience ever.
- loud and uncomfortableCeceDined on 10/4/2014I will never go on a Saturday night again. It was a chaotic madhouse. We could not hear each other at all because it was incredibly noisy. Took a very long time to get our waiter and dinner did not feel relaxed and enjoyable. I have been there other times and it was much better.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerlizrDined on 10/4/2014We had another great dinner! This time with my in-laws celebrating both ours and their anniversaries. Our waiter was great and the food was plentiful and delicious.Special Features:
- Great Foodkjones3434Dined on 10/2/2014They had great seafood here at a reasonable price. The place was busy and loud - everyone seemed to have a great time. Our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Great early dinner with the FamilySacBomberitoDined on 9/28/2014I had a great early dinner with my Family and loved it. I was on my way to a concert in the Bay Area and wanted to treat my wife and three sisters to a special meal and a great place, a friend recommended "The Dead Fish" restaurant and I was very happy that it came to be all what I was expecting and a lot more. My family and I were happy with the outstanding service with (Drew) our waiter, the food choices and recommendations that were presented to us were very satisfying and plenty for all of us. I am now looking for the next opportunity or special occasion to make my way to your restaurant soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a joy!!!seafoodsurferDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I had our first date at the Dead Fish 10 years ago. We love the sizzling shrimp platter, my husband peels the shrimp for me. The Dead Fish stew is to die for, calamari steak is the best in the area, the prime rib slab is always cooked to perfection and I love the lemon drop for a kicker beverage. The wait staff is superb, never had a bad server experience. The view is incredible right over the Carquinez bridge. Will return again and again.Special Features:
- Great food, service & viewsJoeyDined on 9/27/2014This was my third trip to the Dead Fish and it seems to get better every time. They seated us right away, provided prompt polite service, and the food and views were great!Special Features:
- Great food, great time!JeffDined on 9/26/2014Great food, great service- it's just great! I recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good NightxiuljnnyfavoriteDined on 9/26/2014A Party of Five, we had a great table and food. My only criticism would be the Martini and Margarita was sub-par other than that all was very good including the service!Special Features:
- luvthefishDined on 9/26/2014Great atmosphere very good food great portions and the best staff the waiter was the best he did above and beyond to make sure we had a great experience thank you JohnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View, Quality Food and ServicetrekkjvDined on 9/25/2014Great view and quality food and service. Priced as such.Special Features:
- out of townerFromOutOfTownDined on 9/24/2014So many good-sounding things on the menu, I wish I lived closer so I could try them all. My crab Louis was very good, including very sweet small tomatoes. We enjoyed sitting outside looking at the strait, and we all loved our dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dead Fish was alive and fabulous!FoodFanDined on 9/23/2014One of our new favorites for sure! Fantastic! The service was great, the view was romantic, and the vibe energetic! Definitely a hot spot. The quality of the food was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/22/2014Bad service, muscles were torched and salad way over dressed! Weak and expensive drinks! Very dissapointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentqueenlouDined on 9/21/2014Food was great. Service was great. I would definitely come back here again. Loved loved loved the prime rib. Best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Tasty crabmickeyDined on 9/21/2014The crab was amazing and seasoned to perfection. Also, the crab wasn't too greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerDined on 9/21/2014Noisy dining room. Very small glasses for water. Too small for people who are only drinking water with meal. Took quite a while to get water glasses refilled too. Place is quite noisy, but don't know what can be done about that.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemEatandExploreDined on 9/20/2014Dead Fish is a great spot for casual dining with large groups or also an intimate dinner for two. It has a full service restaurant atmosphere & water views. The food is consistent & servers are mostly attentive and kid-friendly. Menu has a wonderful selection of seafood, steaks, pasta & fish to accommodate a range palettes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningcatpet2Dined on 9/20/2014We have been going to the Dead Fish for a couple of years now, we love this restraurant, especially the outdoor dining area, our favorite is the CABANA. WE discovered the outdoor CABANA during a very foggy evening and loved it. We recommend to all our family and friends, excellent food and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodPopPopGrandmaDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and as usual the food was great. The short ribs are so tender you can cut them with a fork. We really miss the swiss chard though. I was much creamier than the spinach. Our server was professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner.Promise2usDined on 9/20/2014My boyfriend suggested we celebrate our first year together with dinner at the Dead Fish. My first impression was the great view. We started with drinks and crabcakes. The bloody shark was awesome. Then the meal...OMG...garlic noodles, the bread, salad and garlic crab. Everything was yummy. The service was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive to our needs.My guy surprised me with a ring she delivered on a doilie on a plate. So not only did they feed us well it was the perfect setting for our special occasion. A beautiful memory was created to bring us back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.