The Dead Fish
20050 San Pablo Avenue
Crockett, CA 94525Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Dead Fish
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedeadfish.com/
- Phone: (510) 787-3323
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11 am - 10 pm
Weekend and Monday Holiday Brunch 11 am - 3 pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: J. C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate your private party of ten in Nemo's Nook, sixty in Vera's Lodge, and any number in between.
- Private Party Contact: Gene Moreland 5107877280
A word from The Dead Fish
Enjoy spectacular views of the new Carquinez Bridge and serene San Pablo Bay while dining on the lushly planted patio with heated and cooled cabanas and twinkling lights. Unique weekend brunch with specialty cocktails. Specialties include 100% USDA Certified Prime, Prime Rib and whole Dungeness crab. Unique dining rooms for an intimate dinner or a large group. "We may have a funny name but we're dead serious about our food!!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Dead Fish - Best Restaurants in Crockett ›
The Dead Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
390 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (325)great for outdoor dining (245)special occasion (227)good for groups (159)romantic (149)great for lunch (128)neighborhood gem (126)fit for foodies (120)great for brunch (103)hot spot (61)kid-friendly (58)vibrant bar scene (50)notable wine list (33)late-night find (32)Show More
- InconsistentdevonwoodVIPDined on 11/16/2014I go the dead fish frequently because I have a friend who enjoys it. We went this weekend because another friend who had a birthday wanted to go. Left to my own choices I would go much less. The menu is fine but the service is usually mediocre meaning that it takes 10-15 minutes or more for the service to start. No bread, no water and no one to get my refreshments started. The drinks are inconsistent but much better if I sit at the bar. Otherwise, it's hit or miss with a server. If mention the level of service I want or flag the wait staff down, the service improves but I don't think I should have to ask for basic service levels.
- NEVER DISAPPOINTEDdeadfishregularVIPDined on 11/15/2014We are regulars here and love, love everything about this place. Chris and Drew are the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and view.EmmaGDined on 11/15/2014The food quality is always excellent. Seafood is consistently fresh and always tastes great. We've been here on many occasions but have never been disappointed with food or service. The view is bonus! Highly recommend this place or a romantic date or dinner with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consitently high quality of food & serviceTonyVIPDined on 11/15/2014We dine at Dead Fish 2-3 times/month and have consistently been impressed with the high quality of food & service that is provided. Top that off with gorgeous views of the Straits, energetic ambiance AND the best corkage policy in the area! We thoroughly enjoy every dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pickyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014had reservations on a saturday at 5:30p, place was already getting busy, they seated us outside in a booth. once we ordered (family style, wife and i decided to share everything) food was at our table in about five minutes. we had steamed clams, crab chowder, crab cakes, shrimp cocktail, garlic noodles with crab (yum) everything was fantastic. will definitely go again. would highly recommend making reservations as we were leaving about 6:30 line was out the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!Winelover21Dined on 11/14/2014All tables have a beautiful view. There are nice booths to sit in. The tables fit large groups. The food is delicious. We went for a birthday party. We had preteen children with us. There were great food choices for them. The fish is very fresh. There are many interesting choices. The fish stew and cioppino were fabulous. We no longer have to go to San Francisco for a fabulous seafood dinner. The no charge for wine corkage made it even better. Highly recommended for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceVicki59Dined on 11/13/2014We were seated on time. I loved the online reservations. I asked to be seated in a quiet area. The area out of the main dining room was quiet to begin with but soon got noisy. This dinner was to be a working dinner. We were able to get the work done, however. Our served was very patient with us as we spent a long time talking before we ordered. I ordered my favorite, the sea bass, prepared without sauces. The fish was excellent, not disguised by any other flavors. My companion ordered the linguini with clams. We had dinner with views of the bay and the Zampa bridge, very beautiful. This was not my first visit to the Dead Fish and it won't be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHappyDinerDined on 11/12/2014Never had a bad meal here. Two of us had carb and shrimp which was excellent. Two of us had the prime rib which we agreed was the best ever. Cooked just right, tender, great taste. Being on a diet I could not have the included potatoes and creamed Spanish so they substituted steamed veggies which were also cooked just right. Not soggy like you get many times. Great meal and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food and the venuejamiesmomDined on 11/10/2014I love this restaurant. The food is fantastic, I had half a garlic crab this time. I usually order the clams. The waitress was friendly and attentive and she brought a silver candlebra to our table to sing my daughter and I Happy Birthday. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationEna1Dined on 11/10/2014The food is good there but very expensive for what you get. The food is not special but the view is spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smashed car windows, stolen cameraToniVIPDined on 11/10/2014We have enjoyed Dead Fish in the past, but this time were disappointed because of vandalism in the parking lot. Windows of our guests' car and the car near it smashed. Items in car stolen, including a photographer's camera.Special Features:
- Wedding Anniversary dinnerBrownBearDined on 11/9/2014Customer service and attention was stellar, Chuana was delightful and engaging, she made my wife and I feel welcomed. The food was delicious and I believe the filet mignon was the best i have ever had. The food, service and staff really made our night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Round table debacleFoodieDined on 11/9/2014If you plan on having the crab, shrimp ect hot plates which are delicious never sit at their round tables! The hot plates are rectangular and on a high pedestal which is impossible for everyone to reach. We had 4 people, 2 hot plates, a tureen of clams, prime rib ( shared) calamari. A feast and could not share or eat family style because of the round table. I had to stand up to serve my table. Ridiculous and inconvenient. We spent $350 and I served my table like at home! NEVER SIT AT THEIR ROUND TABLE unless you're ordering individual dinners!
- Love the outdoor diningTerryVIPDined on 11/8/2014Always love outdoor dining in CA. The view is beautiful at sunset. The cabanas are warm and romantic.Special Features:
- Service was TERRIBLEChrisMcDined on 11/8/2014Drinks spilled on 2 people 2 seperate times. Had to ask 3 times for bottle of wine ordered, had to ask 2 times for drink ordered. Crab delivered with no utensils to ope, no butter to dip in, no bibs like other tables gotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We were there to celebrate a 60th birthday. Everything was wonderful. We've been to the Dead Fish MANY times, and a few times with large parties. Perfect place for a celebration!! thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected GemErikaDined on 11/8/2014I had a great time at the Dead Fish. Ive lived in Vallejo all my life and always saw it crossing the bridge but never thought to dine there. The food was wonderful, the brunch had a lot of options and everything looked fresh. I will def be coming back to try the dinner menu My only nit pick is they didn't offer eggs served as egg whites only for the brunch. Eggs whites only is really popular for the cholesterol conscious and with health being on the fore front of everything I thought they could at least accommodate.Special Features:
- very pleasedhansoloDined on 11/7/2014Definitely one of the Best Restaurants in all the Bay AreaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday!MargaretDined on 11/5/2014Great service ; above and beyond. For lunch it was terrific. it is huge so possible different when full. LOTS of fun and good food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Famous Shatto Review. ;)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014We've been watching Master Chef Junior, so we are now culinary critics. My wife said the Fish and Chips were the best she's eaten. Cleverly, you put the chips under the fish so they stay hot and the fish was literally melt in your mouth. More than being happy to have a job, everybody seemed happy to be of service and did so well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real winnerthomasDined on 11/3/2014Went to dinner for birthday. It could not have been better. Food and drink with quality service made for a night to remember. We will be back !!Special Features:
- Great timeFoodieDined on 11/1/2014Always an awesome time. Our favorite restaurant. The food never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view. Good food and service!!GeriDined on 11/1/2014First time for three of us. Great view table inside. Wide variety of seafood along with meats and many salads. Sea bass and salmon were delicious. Good service.Special Features:
- Great for date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014We booked our table for just before sunset and requested a window table that was honored. The view was spectacular. This was just the start of a wonderful meal and very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Prime RibLindag10Dined on 10/31/2014I have to say this restaurant had some of the best prime rib. I usually have to go into San Francisco for this quality of meat. They have a cheese bread that is a must. Excellent - a must have. My three guests all had various dishes - no one left unsatisfied. The other note I want to make is how terrific the service was. I brought a birthday cake they did not charge an extra penny for cutting the cake. What a class act!! I will definitely come back to this wonderful restaurant. Thank you to our waiter Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysJoeyDined on 10/30/2014Great food and a spectacular view. What more could you ask for. JoeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing birthday dinnerSewcr8zyDined on 10/30/2014Went to celebrated my son's birthday. Dinner was great but the waiter didn't bring the candles and dessert after dinner ! ( I had told them when I made the reservations that we were celebrating his birthday!). We ended going back home and pulled together something to sing happy birthday to him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only the ViewFoodieDined on 10/27/2014The only reason I would return to The Dead Fish would be to enjoy the water and bridge view. The food is marginal, at best, and the service is slow. The outdoor dining area however would be a lovely place tp share a beer on a hot afternoon.Special Features:
- TonyVIPDined on 10/26/2014as always...great food and service...and we continue to enjoy the forward thinking corkage policy...keeps us coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnsgirl2022Dined on 10/26/2014This was the first time all of my family had been to the Dead Fish and all of us agreed we would be back. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was great as well. The whole staff was very helpful and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was fantasticlove2eatDined on 10/25/2014First time visiting and I really enjoyed myself. The food was delicious and very flavorful. The bread was a lil hard for me but was nice and fresh. The best part was the food was delivered to our table with in 15 min or less after we ordered. Our waiter Marco was the best!! I would come back a million times!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family funoctoberBDDined on 10/22/2014Convenient location for family to gather for fresh tasting meal. Each fish choice fresh and flavorful. My New York sister to return when in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As advertisedEATS4BB3VIPDined on 10/20/2014Nothing outstanding, everything we ordered was good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingLechugaDined on 10/19/2014This was a 'We'll give it one last try' visit, but it was the last time! They are SO inflexible with their menu items. No more Seafood Louie salad on the menu, but you can add crab $8.95 and shrimp $7.95 to your $11.95 salad! They wouldn't even grill the shrimp, unless I wanted to peel them myself. Food was mediocre at best and very expensive. What a shame...the view is great!Special Features:
- Love this place!Love2EatDined on 10/19/2014I love this place! Great crab! I hear the other dishes are good too! Service is great! View is great! Prices are pretty good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- twobluescoralDined on 10/19/2014Had a great time celebrating with friends... they were highly impressed with my selection, even though I am not from this areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodieDined on 10/18/2014Always a great experience especially with Chris as our serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OptionsNoProblemDined on 10/17/2014I was seated in the area that was level to the entrance. My guest wanted the patio. "No problem" Then He saw theTV screens with football games surrounding the walls in another section "No Problem" He then need a few more minutes for his selection "No Problem" Very nice server and the food was cooked without excess oil and salt. Also, the portions were generous (like our server), and the ambiance was exceptional. There was even a lit fireplace nearby to the right and a flowing water fall (in a bird bath) to my left. You name it, it was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bayMitchOfDanvilleDined on 10/17/2014I consider myself a foodie and as a bay area native experienced a lot of great seafood. The Dead Fish served me the most perfectly seasoned and prepared salmon I have ever experienced. The waiter was so courteous and helpful we felt like some sort of celebrities. Literally everything involved in this evening out to celebrate my wife's birthday with friends and family went perfect. Kudos to Dead Fish and the staff!!! I can't realistically expect to have such a perfect dining experience anywhere, ever again but will definitely be back. The view of the Carquiez strait and bridge is among the best anywhere in the entire bay area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IluvSFDined on 10/17/2014Best crab I ever had. The special garlic sauce was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.