The Dead Fish
20050 San Pablo Avenue
Crockett, CA 94525Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Dead Fish
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedeadfish.com/
- Phone: 5107873323
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11 am - 10 pm
Weekend and Monday Holiday Brunch 11 am - 3 pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: J. C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate your private party of ten in Nemo's Nook, sixty in Vera's Lodge, and any number in between.
- Private Party Contact: Gene Moreland 5107877280
A word from The Dead Fish
Enjoy spectacular views of the new Carquinez Bridge and serene San Pablo Bay while dining on the lushly planted patio with heated and cooled cabanas and twinkling lights. Unique weekend brunch with specialty cocktails. Specialties include 100% USDA Certified Prime, Prime Rib and whole Dungeness crab. Unique dining rooms for an intimate dinner or a large group. "We may have a funny name but we're dead serious about our food!!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Dead Fish - Best Restaurants in Crockett ›
The Dead Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
434 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (364)great for outdoor dining (268)special occasion (260)romantic (160)good for groups (150)great for lunch (136)great for brunch (129)neighborhood gem (129)fit for foodies (108)kid-friendly (69)hot spot (62)vibrant bar scene (53)late-night find (42)notable wine list (33)Show More
- Great for Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The food was amazing and the view was great. only thing is it was "for me" a tad expensive but it was a great treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We went for our one year wedding anniversary and want to make this more of a regular restaurant we go to. We sat outside and had amazing views. The outside seating area had hot lamps that keep you warm and cozy. The staff was very nice and efficient. The food was good and as advertised. We definitely enjoyed our experience and look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, fun, good foodeatoutVIPDined on 9/14/2014We sat outside on a warm and beautiful evening. Enjoyed the good food and service. I had shrimp and chips, he had cioppino. The fish in both our meals was fresh and cooked perfectly. We each had one drink--1 wine, 1 mixed drink, we shared a salad, and skipped dessert. The bill was over $100, which is pretty high. As pleasant as it was I would think twice about going back because of the price. Save it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Really fast and excellent serviceLovedeadfishDined on 9/14/2014Boyfriend took me to this restaurant for my birthday. We were seated outside. Perfect weather on a Sunday evening to be seated outside. Had a view of the change in color of the straight from the sunset . I loved the overall experience from DEAD FISH!!Special Features:
- GreatLakersgirlDined on 9/13/2014This place was beautiful! Food was good. When u sit on the patio, u see the bay and the bridge. So lovely.Special Features:
- Love the ambiance but.....OutwiththegirlsDined on 9/13/2014Love the ambiance and the service. The food was pricy for what you get and it lacked flavor. I ordered the sea bass, it was very fresh but lacked flavor.Special Features:
- great viewloveditDined on 9/13/2014Great view. Slow service. Great tasty bass and mussels. Awesome ambiance but they don't sing happy birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but overpricedloyalcustomerDined on 9/13/2014I have been going to the Dead Fish for years, before it was the Dead Fish. The food is excellent, but so overpriced. The view is outstanding. We used to be able to go all of the time, but It seems that the more popular it becomes, the higher the prices go. So now maybe only special occasions. They are almost getting too big for their britches. The waitress was nice and did her job. One thing I have noticed over a period of time is that if you have an issue with something there, they don't really care because they are so full all of the time that they don't seem to mind if you don't want to come back. They have also made some disappointing menu changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed the shrimp and crab entrée. It was very good and filing. Our hosted provided outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique DiningdinealotDined on 9/12/2014Delicious fresh seafood, eclectic menu. Even the restaurant name invokes curiosity. DEAD FISH is THE place to take out of town guests, family, friends, a first date, or go alone. A choice of outside scenic dining, while inside choices from a private room, cozy nooks, to an enormous bar where you can enjoy watching the local sports while drinking your selection from a diversity of excellent wines, cocktails and beer options. The service is courteous ad prompt. IT IS NOT A PLACE TO GO FOR A QUIET NIGHT OUT... The ambiance is, happy and delicious!Special Features:
- Loosing it's touchLQChrisVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were regulars here (about 6-10 times per year) and have decided that this was our last visit. The service is becoming very spotty over the past months. For example, we were a party of four last night and it took one hour and ten minutes to serve our fish and chips (we all ordered the same thing). Further, the salads were served with the entree (which is the third time in a row this has happened). The food still remains very well prepared and very tasty. But the service is just off!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Great food. Especially the calamari. Try the fried artichokes too! Excellent fish and chips. My only complaint is the noise. It's loud and made worse by the fact that they actually play canned music. I don't enjoy dining here when they are super busy. The noise ruins dining conversations.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Luvdbymy4Dined on 9/12/2014We chose to sit outside over looking the inlet. The food and service was amazing. Four of us were dining and we order the prime rib, pork Osabuco, bone-in filet and the lemon caper salmon. Every thing was delicious! We all had a taste of everyone's dinner choice and we all agreed everything was incredible. My only critique is the dessert menu was found lacking, we skipped dessert all together that evening and got dessert elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always among the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Another great meal, which is what we've come to expect. Service was attentive but not overbearing; food was excellent and the ambiance is most enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014This was my first time dining at The Dead Fish. It was a very pleasant experience. The service was awsome. The waiter gave us a little bit of history on the resteraunt that was great. I had the Sea Bass which was cooked perfectly. Dining on the outdoor patio was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable food, lovely patioKirklandboyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Another lovely lunch. Never disappoints. It is not memorable cuisine but the overall experience is very pleasant.
- Party Time!!RandyxDined on 9/8/2014Great place to go for Birthdays - not so much for Anniversaries. It's lively, friendly, very clean, with good food and service. I have been there many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for lunch!ToniVIPDined on 9/8/2014Our 5-some found Dead Fish to be ideal for its food and view and the service was great! Because we were there on Monday early, we had a chance to visit at length - fabulous! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Too bad you rushed us outJeanDined on 9/6/2014Despite a very busy scene, were greeted promptly, found seating in the bar and were escorted to our table at our reservation time. Good food, amazing view and pleasant waitress. Unfortunately, the bell hop made it clear he wanted us to leave when we apparently lingered too long. We were offended because there were now plenty of open tables and it wasn't so late that the restaurant was closing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationUnhappycamperDined on 9/6/2014Unusually a great place for any meal. This time, even with reservations- long wait, waited a long time for the food. Once the food arrived, two out of the four was wrong. Waited again for the correct order- a child noodle fish took over half hour to correct. Give a prime rib instead filet migon with crab. Waiter came back with the crab, waited another 15-20 minutes for her filet migon. First time for everything. May be awhile before we can spend that kind of money for that kind of service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great ServiceBettyBoopDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at The Dead Fish for dinner - went there for my birthday. We opted to sit outside; the scenery was beautiful. My husband order fish & chips, my son ordered the salmon, and I order the lamb tenderloin. We all cleaned our plates! The food was delicious! The service was impeccable! Will definitely go there again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Crab arounddafinefoodieDined on 9/6/2014If you are looking for amazing crab in melted garlic butter....look no further. This place is a hit with the whole family. However, if you happen to be seated in the bar area of the restaurant, it feels like a Denny's and sounds like a high school football game. Not a pleasant experience. And they won't make any promises about the seating arrangements when you make your reservation. Based on that, it's hit or miss. If you happen to be seated in the main dining room, it's a completely different experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerJajajediDined on 9/5/2014We had the combo platter, crab enchilada, crab lasagna, and fish and chips. All of us were happy with our meals and cocktails. I had the combo platter with fish and chips. The platter had shrimp, mussels and crab. My only knock was the mussels. They were roasted and dry as a result. The fish and chips were perfectly battered, and the whitefish used was extra meaty. And our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenery, Service, and SeafoodocassionaldinersDined on 9/5/2014On the recommendation of family, my wife and I decided to travel a bit to The Dead Fish Restaurant in Crocket CA. We were pleasantly surprised by the quiet, quaint, and scenic dining we found in this unassuming eatery. The staff was very pleasant and we were taken to an outside area that overlooked the carquinez strait below. We were quickly taken care of by a very knowledgable and friendly waitress named Jaime. She knew the menu, had recommendations and menu favorites. She let us set the pace and was attentive to our every need without being pushy. When the food started to arrive, we can safely say that everything we tried was fresh, and wonderful! The entire evening was top notch and we will be returning to this place soon!Special Features:
- GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/5/2014As many times as I've been to the Dead Fish, I never knew they had seating outside against the windows! What an awesome night, to share 2 bottles of wine (free corkage) with friends. Food is always consistent: great roasted crab, mussels, bruschetta to share between the 3 of us. Service is awesome.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableCammyDined on 9/5/2014My experience at the Dead Fish was very enjoyable. I never miss the opportunity to order their Bloody Mary. As an appetizer I had the Oysters on the half shell for my main course the clam tureen in a garlic sauce with an extra loaf of their delicious Acme bread for dunking. We sat outside on a beautiful evening. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable aniversary!2dineforDined on 9/3/2014We had a fantastic aniversary dinner with great food, beautiful view and excelent service. Thank you for doing something special for us with a candelabre and more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How we spent our 1 yr anniversaryJainamareeDined on 9/1/2014My boyfriend and I left completely satisfied. The seafood was amazing as well as the French fries on the side. And we were surprised at the end of our dinner with complementary dessert and candle light for our anniversary. It was the perfect way to spend our one year together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine4funDined on 8/30/2014Nice spot for outdoor dining in good weather. They told us no corkage and to bringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsTerriDined on 8/30/2014Still my favorite restaurant of all time! Celebrated my daughter's birthday and my 25th year reunion with some army friends. We had a fabulous time! Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for a special nightbrewgrasserDined on 8/27/2014The Dead Fish has become a "go-to" spot for special occasion dining - whether it's a party of 10 for someone's birthday, or (as in the case most recently) a romantic anniversary dinner for two. The food is very good (although I'd like to see sides like vegetables become a given on most plates), but the service is spot on perfect. The wait staff there seem to know that perfect balance of showing up exactly when you wish they would. They avoid the extremes of over-serving (ie, refilling your water glass each time you take a sip), and under serving (making you swivel your head around to replace a dropped fork or empty drink glass). It's an art, really, and The Dead Fish really "gets it"!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014The roasted crab is to die for. The scenic view is fabulous. The service staff is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Can't wait to go back- saw so many other things we wanted to try. Looking forward to our next trip there.Special Features:
- Great PlacePurrfec1VIPDined on 8/23/2014I go here at least once a month. Love this place. Service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating on the patio is great!notdubdinerDined on 8/23/2014Really fun eating on the patio around sunset, great view.Special Features:
- PRICEY BUT WORTH ITkeithDined on 8/23/2014I got the seafood combo and there was enough there for two or three people - no dreadful "California Cuisine" here!! It was some of the best I have ever had. A whole crab split in two. Wonderful place, service and view. Best at night when the bridge is lit up!Special Features:
- The Dead Fish is Alive and Popping!CharmingDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is really good. The food is great and they seat you very fast. Nice views and lots of parking and the ambience is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedgarbo7441Dined on 8/23/2014We drove from Sacramento to Crockett for lunch at The Dead Fish on August 23rd, and we were very disappointed in every aspect of The Dead Fish. The food was, at best, average. When dining out, I have no problem paying premium prices for premium fare. However, the fare at the Dead Fish is anything but premium, while the prices are astronomical. We were surprised that no complimentary bread was provided at the beginning of our meal, so we ordered the garlic bread and cheese breads for a total of $12. Later, we saw other diners receiving complimentary bread. Querying our waiter, he stated 'yes, we offer it... but you have to request it'. Great way to up sell. This was our first, and will be our last, visit to the Dead Fish.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service, exceptional food - we were seated on the patio, near the end, overlooking the strait, and the weather was perfect. The wait staff was excellent - not pushy or annoying, and checked in enough times, but not too many or too little. The bill was a little steep, but what I expected, and the food was well worth it - both in quality and amount.Special Features:
- Window tableGreatSteakDined on 8/22/2014I made my reservation online and requested a table by the window. When I arrived they had overbooked, I arrived before my scheduled reservation. No window table was available. Very disappointedSpecial Features: