The Dead Fish
20050 San Pablo Avenue
Crockett, CA 94525Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Dead Fish
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedeadfish.com/
- Phone: 5107873323
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11 am - 10 pm
Weekend and Monday Holiday Brunch 11 am - 3 pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: J. C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate your private party of ten in Nemo's Nook, sixty in Vera's Lodge, and any number in between.
- Private Party Contact: Gene Moreland 5107877280
A word from The Dead Fish
Enjoy spectacular views of the new Carquinez Bridge and serene San Pablo Bay while dining on the lushly planted patio with heated and cooled cabanas and twinkling lights. Unique weekend brunch with specialty cocktails. Specialties include 100% USDA Certified Prime, Prime Rib and whole Dungeness crab. Unique dining rooms for an intimate dinner or a large group. "We may have a funny name but we're dead serious about our food!!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Dead Fish - Best Restaurants in Crockett ›
The Dead Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
424 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (355)great for outdoor dining (267)special occasion (249)romantic (155)good for groups (148)great for lunch (137)neighborhood gem (132)great for brunch (123)fit for foodies (110)kid-friendly (66)hot spot (60)vibrant bar scene (49)late-night find (38)notable wine list (29)Show More
- Always a joy!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I had our first date at the Dead Fish 10 years ago. We love the sizzling shrimp platter, my husband peels the shrimp for me. The Dead Fish stew is to die for, calamari steak is the best in the area, the prime rib slab is always cooked to perfection and I love the lemon drop for a kicker beverage. The wait staff is superb, never had a bad server experience. The view is incredible right over the Carquinez bridge. Will return again and again.Special Features:
- Great food, service & viewsJoeyDined on 9/27/2014This was my third trip to the Dead Fish and it seems to get better every time. They seated us right away, provided prompt polite service, and the food and views were great!Special Features:
- Great food, great time!JeffDined on 9/26/2014Great food, great service- it's just great! I recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good NightxiuljnnyfavoriteDined on 9/26/2014A Party of Five, we had a great table and food. My only criticism would be the Martini and Margarita was sub-par other than that all was very good including the service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Great atmosphere very good food great portions and the best staff the waiter was the best he did above and beyond to make sure we had a great experience thank you JohnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View, Quality Food and ServicetrekkjvDined on 9/25/2014Great view and quality food and service. Priced as such.Special Features:
- out of townerFromOutOfTownDined on 9/24/2014So many good-sounding things on the menu, I wish I lived closer so I could try them all. My crab Louis was very good, including very sweet small tomatoes. We enjoyed sitting outside looking at the strait, and we all loved our dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dead Fish was alive and fabulous!FoodFanDined on 9/23/2014One of our new favorites for sure! Fantastic! The service was great, the view was romantic, and the vibe energetic! Definitely a hot spot. The quality of the food was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/22/2014Bad service, muscles were torched and salad way over dressed! Weak and expensive drinks! Very dissapointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentqueenlouDined on 9/21/2014Food was great. Service was great. I would definitely come back here again. Loved loved loved the prime rib. Best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Tasty crabmickeyDined on 9/21/2014The crab was amazing and seasoned to perfection. Also, the crab wasn't too greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerDined on 9/21/2014Noisy dining room. Very small glasses for water. Too small for people who are only drinking water with meal. Took quite a while to get water glasses refilled too. Place is quite noisy, but don't know what can be done about that.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014Dead Fish is a great spot for casual dining with large groups or also an intimate dinner for two. It has a full service restaurant atmosphere & water views. The food is consistent & servers are mostly attentive and kid-friendly. Menu has a wonderful selection of seafood, steaks, pasta & fish to accommodate a range palettes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningcatpet2Dined on 9/20/2014We have been going to the Dead Fish for a couple of years now, we love this restraurant, especially the outdoor dining area, our favorite is the CABANA. WE discovered the outdoor CABANA during a very foggy evening and loved it. We recommend to all our family and friends, excellent food and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our anniversary here and as usual the food was great. The short ribs are so tender you can cut them with a fork. We really miss the swiss chard though. I was much creamier than the spinach. Our server was professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner.Promise2usDined on 9/20/2014My boyfriend suggested we celebrate our first year together with dinner at the Dead Fish. My first impression was the great view. We started with drinks and crabcakes. The bloody shark was awesome. Then the meal...OMG...garlic noodles, the bread, salad and garlic crab. Everything was yummy. The service was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive to our needs.My guy surprised me with a ring she delivered on a doilie on a plate. So not only did they feed us well it was the perfect setting for our special occasion. A beautiful memory was created to bring us back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special With A Twisttastybusiness1Dined on 9/20/2014This restaurant holds a special place in my heart. My husband and I made the trip from Sacramento on a weekly basis for a while, bringing our closet friends to share the experience. The food is excellent (love the end cut prime rib)... The last dining out experience my love and I shared was here. My husband passed shortly after in Oct 2013, making this my 1st visit since. I felt like he was there with me. What I found was this... Still the beautiful dining experience with one exception. I have had more than one improper Anglo male waiter experience, and I'm beginning to believe this behavior is exceptable to management. There is just an inbred rudeness, and unclean method of preparing take home food. That's a downer for such a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Hidden gem in the Vallejo/Crockett area. Fantastic views, nice atmosphere and a very reasonably priced brunch menu. Definitely a place to be revisited.Special Features:
- Long time dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014Our family and friends have been going to The Dead Fish for many years now. Yes the food is good, but it would be great to see the menu get and serious overdue update. Everyone loves your Dead Fish Stew and main reason why we went. Just would like to see and try some new items. Service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatDAB1Dined on 9/19/2014We have been dining at the Dead Fish for some time. It is one of our favorite spots for great views, excellent food and superb service.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysYuckyVIPDined on 9/18/2014Excellent food, fantastic service, I'll be back to experience this great restaurant again very soon.Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 9/18/2014Very nice! Sat outside and it was really beautiful looking at the waterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Dip & FriesaffinityDined on 9/16/2014The fries were fab, but the french dip sandwich did not have any flavor.Special Features:
- Great for Birthday dinner925PiperDined on 9/15/2014The food was amazing and the view was great. only thing is it was "for me" a tad expensive but it was a great treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnervanrad10Dined on 9/15/2014We went for our one year wedding anniversary and want to make this more of a regular restaurant we go to. We sat outside and had amazing views. The outside seating area had hot lamps that keep you warm and cozy. The staff was very nice and efficient. The food was good and as advertised. We definitely enjoyed our experience and look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, fun, good foodeatoutVIPDined on 9/14/2014We sat outside on a warm and beautiful evening. Enjoyed the good food and service. I had shrimp and chips, he had cioppino. The fish in both our meals was fresh and cooked perfectly. We each had one drink--1 wine, 1 mixed drink, we shared a salad, and skipped dessert. The bill was over $100, which is pretty high. As pleasant as it was I would think twice about going back because of the price. Save it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Really fast and excellent serviceLovedeadfishDined on 9/14/2014Boyfriend took me to this restaurant for my birthday. We were seated outside. Perfect weather on a Sunday evening to be seated outside. Had a view of the change in color of the straight from the sunset . I loved the overall experience from DEAD FISH!!Special Features:
- GreatLakersgirlDined on 9/13/2014This place was beautiful! Food was good. When u sit on the patio, u see the bay and the bridge. So lovely.Special Features:
- Love the ambiance but.....OutwiththegirlsDined on 9/13/2014Love the ambiance and the service. The food was pricy for what you get and it lacked flavor. I ordered the sea bass, it was very fresh but lacked flavor.Special Features:
- great viewloveditDined on 9/13/2014Great view. Slow service. Great tasty bass and mussels. Awesome ambiance but they don't sing happy birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but overpricedloyalcustomerDined on 9/13/2014I have been going to the Dead Fish for years, before it was the Dead Fish. The food is excellent, but so overpriced. The view is outstanding. We used to be able to go all of the time, but It seems that the more popular it becomes, the higher the prices go. So now maybe only special occasions. They are almost getting too big for their britches. The waitress was nice and did her job. One thing I have noticed over a period of time is that if you have an issue with something there, they don't really care because they are so full all of the time that they don't seem to mind if you don't want to come back. They have also made some disappointing menu changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed the shrimp and crab entrée. It was very good and filing. Our hosted provided outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique DiningdinealotDined on 9/12/2014Delicious fresh seafood, eclectic menu. Even the restaurant name invokes curiosity. DEAD FISH is THE place to take out of town guests, family, friends, a first date, or go alone. A choice of outside scenic dining, while inside choices from a private room, cozy nooks, to an enormous bar where you can enjoy watching the local sports while drinking your selection from a diversity of excellent wines, cocktails and beer options. The service is courteous ad prompt. IT IS NOT A PLACE TO GO FOR A QUIET NIGHT OUT... The ambiance is, happy and delicious!Special Features:
- Loosing it's touchLQChrisVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were regulars here (about 6-10 times per year) and have decided that this was our last visit. The service is becoming very spotty over the past months. For example, we were a party of four last night and it took one hour and ten minutes to serve our fish and chips (we all ordered the same thing). Further, the salads were served with the entree (which is the third time in a row this has happened). The food still remains very well prepared and very tasty. But the service is just off!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Great food. Especially the calamari. Try the fried artichokes too! Excellent fish and chips. My only complaint is the noise. It's loud and made worse by the fact that they actually play canned music. I don't enjoy dining here when they are super busy. The noise ruins dining conversations.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Luvdbymy4Dined on 9/12/2014We chose to sit outside over looking the inlet. The food and service was amazing. Four of us were dining and we order the prime rib, pork Osabuco, bone-in filet and the lemon caper salmon. Every thing was delicious! We all had a taste of everyone's dinner choice and we all agreed everything was incredible. My only critique is the dessert menu was found lacking, we skipped dessert all together that evening and got dessert elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always among the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Another great meal, which is what we've come to expect. Service was attentive but not overbearing; food was excellent and the ambiance is most enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014This was my first time dining at The Dead Fish. It was a very pleasant experience. The service was awsome. The waiter gave us a little bit of history on the resteraunt that was great. I had the Sea Bass which was cooked perfectly. Dining on the outdoor patio was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable food, lovely patioKirklandboyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Another lovely lunch. Never disappoints. It is not memorable cuisine but the overall experience is very pleasant.
- Party Time!!RandyxDined on 9/8/2014Great place to go for Birthdays - not so much for Anniversaries. It's lively, friendly, very clean, with good food and service. I have been there many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.