124 South 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedandelionpub.com/
- Phone: (215) 558-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Gastro Pub, British
- Executive Chef: Robert Aikens
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Meg Torpey 2672383649
A word from The Dandelion
London's culinary revolution comes to Philadelphia with this unique gastropub. Cozy rooms and intimate bars create a storied, Old World aura, while updated seasonal takes on British food make up the menu. In keeping with tradition, our casks and tap craft beers are always rotating, a proper afternoon tea service has a sweet and savory menu and classic family-style roasts are served on Sundays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Dandelion - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
The Dandelion reviews from OpenTable diners
424 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (252)neighborhood gem (212)good for groups (157)great for lunch (142)great for brunch (131)special occasion (129)hot spot (121)vibrant bar scene (112)romantic (100)late-night find (29)kid-friendly (20)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (17)scenic view (16)Show More
- Friendly, comfortable place, but noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/25/2014The Dandelion serves tasty comfort food. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive to our party of five. But the music played over the sound system was mindless pop played at a volume so high we couldn't hear one another talk. Totally unnecessary and inappropriate in such a clubby, cozy-looking restaurant. The Dandelion should trust its contented customers to create buzz. No extra noise required.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLEPennsportDined on 11/24/2014This was my second lunch at this restaurant. The service was very good, not bothersome. My party of 4 enjoyed thier meals. The choices ranged from hanger steak salad, sandwhiches, risotto. We are served and out the there in reasonable time for a work lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowardtheDuckHowardtheDuckDined on 11/24/2014I thought the place was a tad weird. The person I met there loves the place. I do not see much to love. Seating arrangements are unusual but, if your in the Millennium Generation great for you but for me not so great. Food prepared correctly but not very tasty. Wait staff was fine, prompt and responsive. I was told this was fashioned to play off an English Pub? None that I was ever in. But hey I am a dinosaur so my children tell me. Just not my style of restaurant.
- Always a wonderful timeLaRagazzaGiallaVIPDined on 11/23/2014I can't recall how many times we've been to Dandelion at this point, but it's always been a stellar experience. Service is friendly and efficient. Normally I get the Sunday roast when we visit on Sundays but I tried the Scottish Salmon this time. It was excellent. Served with leeks and wild mushrooms. It was so flavorful, not too rich, but also filling. Great appetizers and bread service. Drinks are also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meets expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Traditional Sunday Roast Beef diner, Excellent ample staff that provide quick and attentive serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJonBDined on 11/21/2014I went here with my girlfriend for our anniversary on a Friday night. The food was very good. The service was good as well. The beer list was great. The bar also looked like a great spot to hang out at. We'll be sure to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Surprising GemJimboDined on 11/21/2014Made a reservation based on online reviews. Visiting Philly for a conference and wanted a place for a nice dinner and a few beers with old friends. This place was perfect and fun. The food was excellent. The staff was helpful. Other patrons very friendly and helpful with recommendations. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2014I had eaten at dandelion for lunch and wasn't sure if dinner would be good. I found the menu to be extensive and I liked the choices. I had Beef Cheek vindaloo. The flavors were good and the beef very tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaureenDined on 11/20/2014A group of my colleagues enjoyed dinner at The Dandelion as we celebrated the end of a planning project. A few individuals had been to The Dandelion before and were excited that it was chosen for dinner. Food and service was excellent - we were seated in and area where our group [7 people] could easily interact with one another, etc. Upon entering the restaurant, the dim lighting takes time to adjust to. Overall experience was excellent - will certainly return.Special Features:
- Love the English feel right in Philly!Flizy56Dined on 11/18/2014I took other reviewers' advice and requested a table upstairs so it wasn't as loud as downstairs. The food was excellent. Even something as simple as Chicken Noodle Soup was amazing! And I loved how it felt like you were in an English pub. I was in London back in September and I felt like I was there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- London off RittenhouseLizzyDined on 11/17/2014Took husband there for our 14th anniversary lunch. Felt that we were hitting a London pub on a drenching rainy day. Dark woods, fireplace, dog-themed room all beckoned back to our times in London. Service was exceptional - very personable, attentive. Had the foie gras terrine, crab risotto, and smoked salmon. Food delicious. High end pub fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional fare and serviceBobRDined on 11/16/2014If English pubs were like The Dandelion, foodies would be heading to the U.K. instead of France. The offerings are really interesting and well imagined. The service is professional, personable, and just solicitous enough to be handy without being intrusive. The beers are presented in perfect condition and the bread basket -freshly baked at another Starr gem, "Parc" - is absolutely fresh and fabulous. The food served gives evidence to this restaurant's commitment to the highest standards of preparation, presentation, and taste. The Dandelion is one of Philadelphia's best restaurants, and tickets to England-or France- are not necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereCHARNDined on 11/16/2014Great lunch and brunch spot. I hope to have the pleasure soon for trying their dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, but too darkfreddiemerionDined on 11/14/2014We were a party of 7 for a birthday celebration. They gave us a wonderful nook. The service and food were excellent. The ambience would also have been excellent, but they had the lights dimmed so far down that we could hardly read the menus. We had to use cell phone lights or the candles. I had eyestrain by the time we left. How stupid, how unnecessary, for the lights to be so dim. The place has great British pub decor which doesn't need dimness to evoke a cozy atmosphere. I think the general manager of the place requires a dope-slap to wake him up to the fact that too dim is displeasing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinnerdiner21Dined on 11/14/2014Went with a group from work. We were seated in a charming booth, but at close quarters (to be fair, we brought an extra guest). Food and service were great - high end pub fare with an English twist. Standouts were the deviled eggs, rabbit pie and the pork belly. Great beer list. No room for desert, but we all left happier than we went in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss the Dandelion!DragonflyVIPDined on 11/14/2014What a fabulous place! I've already recommended it to several people & will make it a point to go back the next time I'm in Philadelphia. The bar was very noisy, but we went upstairs and sat in the room that overlooked the street. The building is at least 200 years old, and so charming that I'd go back just to soak up the vintage atmosphere. But, the menu was terrific, and the food was even better. The crispy pork belly was one of the best versions I've ever had, and the portion was big enough to take some home or share. We had a terrific cheese plate, duck & goose liver "parfait" (really more of a mousse), and the best, tartest lemon tart to finish. The service was well coordinated, helpful, and really accommodating. Just a great, fun, overall experience & good memories. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cramped, crowded and extremely noisy.OttawanDined on 11/14/2014If anyone at the restaurant pays attention to these reviews, please TURN DOWN THE MUSIC. The din is like an assault. Your staff are great, your food is good but when the music is that loud, all the guests start shouting to be heard with the result that the noise escalates to an unbearable level. I could not wait to get out of there, and made sure to give that feedback to the concierge at my hotel.
- Eclectic experienceJanEchDined on 11/10/2014Very cool restaurant. Enjoyed the small rooms, décor and menu items. Even the teenagers were impressed with the setting and the food. Like the modern takes & presentation on classic recipes (ie fish and chips)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a nicer dinnerRyanAndMelDined on 11/9/2014Came here during a weekend getaway for my wife's birthday. I found this place, and I'm very happy we did. Adorable ambiance, great food, and solid service. I would definitely come here again.Special Features:
- Good pub atmosphereTablemonkeyDined on 11/9/2014It had the "feel" of an English pub in terms of decor. The food was good, if a little expensive although it is a "gastropub". The rabbit pie was delicious but surprisingly did not include a side, which had to be ordered extra. The steak was tasty and tender and DID include salad and fries. Both dishes were generously sized and we didn't need dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.KevlaarVIPDined on 11/9/2014My wife and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to end our mini-vacation in Philly. It felt like dining in the coziest of homes, with delicious home-cooked food, a romantic ambiance, and a very pleasant waitress. We can't wait for our next trip-we'll definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In love with this placeMarODined on 11/9/2014The food is excellent and the service is top notch! Brunch is beyond delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific managerpeggyVIPDined on 11/9/2014In addiition to great food and ambience, I want to thank the manager last Sunday for understanding thd need for a special accommodation. ..could not have been nicer. Staff in general are all well trained professionals. A favorite spot for us.Special Features:
- Great Brunch SpotejdaDined on 11/9/2014I love the Dandelion period for it's charming atmosphere, perfect location and good beer selection but it is also a great spot for Brunch. The Bloody Mary's were delicious but not cheap. Food was very good. Of course we had to have a cheese plate which is always a favorite of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much hype, less deliveryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I reserved a table for 4 to be at 1:45 PM. We arrived at 2:00 PM after finally finding a parking spot. The hostess informed me that they hold tables for 10 to 15 minutes after reservation time. So, the fact that they gave away our table before the 15 minutes was up seemed sketchy. They let us know another table will be ready shortly. After 30 minutes of waiting (it is 2:15 PM by now), they finally led us to the new table. The location was nice and the food was pretty good. The service was strange. Our waitress was good, but the other employees tried to take away my food before I finished eating. I asked for a refill of coffee but did not receive it until way later, which by then I had to drink quickly since our table was done.Special Features:
- Amazing British PubPoppaJDined on 11/8/2014This was my second time eating there, and it was as great as the first. Service is great, food tastes amazing, and prices are on par with any other restaurant in Philly. Anyone visiting from out of town should be brought here: the ambience is a wonder in and of itself: if you dine upstairs, you'll feel like you are dining in a manor; if you dine downstairs, you'll have an amazing view of the busy streets of Philly. I checked "scenic view" not because of the view leading outside, but because of the view INSIDE. Great bar located downstairs, and the drinks they have are unique and taste great (most have that British flair as well). Highly recommended. Also, The Dandelion has one of the highest rated "Fish and Chips" in the country. TRY ITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pub, but a bit loudAsharaDined on 11/7/2014We visited this pub on the recommendation of a friend. The menu and food were good. The beer selection was quite good, wine selection decent. The only area for improvement was the noise level, which made conversation almost difficult at times.Special Features:
- Pleasant place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014The restaurant is a little noisy, but cheerful -- conversation noise largely from the bustle of closely placed tables. I have had a number of lunches (both business and personal) here and enjoyed each of them. The pace a tiny bit too slow on the service side. On a recent Friday, I had made a reservation for 1:15 and had hoped that we would be seated promptly because I was taking older friends to lunch. We weren't seated until 1:35, during which we had to stand (there must have been an unanticipated crush before we arrived). This is contrary to my usual experience, where reservations are timely honored. I would surely recommend this pretty much any time.
- Always goodredramVIPDined on 11/7/2014This is a British type pub with great food and service. The place can be quite noisy especially at lunch and one has to remember there are three levels in this restaurant when making a reservation.Special Features:
- Always QualityrissVIPDined on 11/5/2014One of my top favorite pubs and restaurants in center city that never fails to please. I love the wintertime cozy seat by the fire. second fave to dog roomSpecial Features:
- Great place to eat!GoodfoodloverDined on 10/31/2014Awesome place, really recommend. I like the food, setting and menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThePhysicsGuyDined on 10/31/2014Excellent salads...I couldn't believe how good they were. I had the cheeseburger, cooked correctly and was tasty, however the famous triple cooked chips were ok, not the rave I'd seen on TV. Ours were a little too soft, which I'd not expected. Sadly, the ground floor seating is WAY TOO NOISY though...very disappointed at that....request a table upstairs away from the LOUD speakers and noisy bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much noisy !!Oliver92400VIPDined on 10/30/2014The foods are perfect but The ambiance is too much noisy. It would be preferable to reserve the 1st floor for the dinner in a lounge ambiance and the ground floor for the pub ambiance with loud music.Special Features:
- MargieDined on 10/28/2014Fun place! Cool venue, great food selection. Very helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected find in RittenhouseCherryhillgirlDined on 10/27/2014I was trying to find a nice restaurant near 18th St to treat my sister to a nice but not high priced dinner. That's exactly what we experienced at Dandelion. I made a reservation for a Monday night and it was a good thing. The place was packed by 8pm. We were seated in the upstairs dining room which was nice. We were greeted immediately by our server who offered us drinks and made good drink and food suggestions. We enjoyed great service from our server and enjoyed our meal. We had a really nice experience from start to finish and would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- GreatSSfanDined on 10/26/2014Incredible ambience (absolutely adorable) keeps a good Stephen Starr vibe but vastly different from his others. The brioche french toast was UNBELIEVABLE. Best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!CaitlinVIPDined on 10/25/2014I've been to dandelion a handful of times for drinks and an appetizer and keep coming back for the lovely ambience. This weekend my boyfriend and I had lunch and it was fabulous. Our server Christopher couldn't have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulAhtalonVIPDined on 10/25/2014Interesting, delicious dishes, homey decor and friendly service. A definite repeat. Was there for brunch but would like to return for another type of meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- warm atmoshphereTroutDined on 10/22/2014great for a cold rainy night...or even a snowy night. Plenty of nooks to hang out in, love the tables upstairs with benches and pillows.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Loved the ambiance, felt like we were in a pub in Dublin, food was great, menu different and the service very competent and friendly.Special Features: