124 South 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedandelionpub.com/
- Phone: 2155582500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Gastro Pub, British
- Executive Chef: Robert Aikens
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Meg Torpey 2672383649
A word from The Dandelion
London's culinary revolution comes to Philadelphia with this unique gastropub. Cozy rooms and intimate bars create a storied, Old World aura, while updated seasonal takes on British food make up the menu. In keeping with tradition, our casks and tap craft beers are always rotating, a proper afternoon tea service has a sweet and savory menu and classic family-style roasts are served on Sundays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Dandelion reviews from OpenTable diners
380 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (203)neighborhood gem (191)good for groups (134)great for lunch (126)special occasion (113)hot spot (105)great for brunch (101)romantic (98)vibrant bar scene (96)late-night find (30)great for outdoor dining (21)scenic view (18)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (15)Show More
- ITS ALL ABOUT THE BURGERcal1dineVIPDined on 10/19/2014WHEN I SAY ITS ALL ABOUT THE BURGER I TRULY MEAN ITS ALL ABOUT THE BURGER. THE HOUSE BLEND AGED BEEF BURGER IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE FINEST BURGER IN ALL PHILA. BIG THICK AND VERY JUICY AND BANGING FLAVOR. THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dandy placeHandyAndyDined on 10/17/2014The food is excellent English (no longer an oxymoron) fare. The service is exemplary. The dandelion salad was a great start for two of us before the shepards pie. And the fizzy water is complimentary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More look than substance.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Great looking place. Service was less than professional--most servers seemed a bit inexperienced--not bad, but not exceptional, as was generally my experience in Philadelphia. Food was heavy; portions overlarge.
- BurgermanVIPDined on 10/16/2014The service was very good and the food had good taste although the sandwich was difficult to eat as it kept coming apart. Better for dinner than lunchSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Choice for FoodiesGreengirlDined on 10/12/2014The rabbit and lamb shephard's pie were cooked and presented perfectly. If you love pot pie or shephard's pie, you will love these two choices. We were overwhelmed by the size of the duck and liver mousse...it was huge. The toast points were the size of Texas French toast, so this is definitely an appetizer to share among friends. We did not have a chance to stay for dessert, but the wine and beer selection were pretty decent although they were a tad pricier than other restaurants of the same caliber. Definitely a place to do to your "must go to" list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AntrimmanDined on 10/12/2014Beer selection very strong.Everyone enjoyed the scones and jam.Entrees were OK;omelet tasted like it was made from egg beaters;chicken in sandwiches was dry and chewy;full English brkfst was well received.This is my 3rd visit,would probably go againSpecial Features:
- Adorable, also yummydekledinerDined on 10/12/2014We had scones, the french toast, and the salmon royale. All were great. Service was lovely. It was not so busy on a Saturday for brunch either.Special Features:
- FabulousBusinessLunchVIPDined on 10/11/2014Amazing food and outstanding space. It lives up to it's GastroPub roots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the ambianceRosieVIPDined on 10/11/2014I went here with some friends on a Saturday night. It gets a little hard to order a drink from the bar when it's packed. We were seated for dinner in the "dog" room. I think the best part of this establishment was the decor and ambiance which was cute. I had a Pim's cup, the lamb Sheppard's pie with a side of spinach, and we shared the London underground and sticky toffee pudding desserts. They were all good but I wouldn't say spectacular and the service was really really slow to get our order. It's a neat place that has really fun decor so it's worth a stop but there are much better places for food in Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRP ReviewJRPFoodLoverDined on 10/11/2014Food we ordered was very good and at a reasonable price. The beers in Casks were different and definitely worth the try. The service was good, although, they did initially mess up our beer order. However, they made up for it by surprising us with a free desert and drink for our anniversary. The atmosphere was a little loud like an English Pub and the chairs were not all that comfortable. But overall, it was worth the experience and I would recommend it to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/11/2014food good service good but if you want comfort this place is not the place to go. Seating not comfortable at all and very tight
- Phlrevi3werDined on 10/11/2014Probably the best brunch I have had in a long time. The French toast was amazing with the vanilla cream. My gf got poached eggs with bubble and squeak and it was equally as delicious. Will def be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy a piece of London in Phillysam29Dined on 10/11/2014Great ambience with a tasty menu and friendly staff. Good options of beers!Special Features:
- A Mixed BagmdiehlDined on 10/10/2014The Curried Crab, Cod, & Chili Cakes were excellent, spicy without being overpowering. The Caesar Salad here is unique in that it came with capers and pickles; the anchovies atop the delicate Baby Romaine had a distinct taste of vinegar. The Crab Risotto was a blend of flavors where all balanced one another. The London Underground and Stilton Cheesecake desserts were delicious, although both may have been improved by one less component. The tables in the upstairs bar area, with the banquette are a good table top size, but the bases supporting them are large for this small space, and it was difficult to seat oneself at them in the corner, particularly with another chair at it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To be recommended !!FroggyDined on 10/8/2014French tourist in Philadelphia, I experienced several restaurants during my stay. The Dandelion was certainly the best value for money we got. Excellent food !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my most enjoyable meals!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Our first trip to Philly to celebrate our anniversary and I hit it out of the park by choosing this place! We loved every aspect of the experience - lovely ambiance, service was tremendous, food was delicious! Met a local earlier in the day who told me to order the Caesar salad and she wasn't kidding! Who knew a salad could be so memorable? But it WAS! I had the rabbit pie which was delectable and my husband raved about his crispy pork belly. I tried the London Fog cocktail and it was really good! My husband tried the beer cast flight and then chose his favorite from those and had a full sized. Can't think of one thing I would change! Will make the day trip to Baltimore for another chance to eat here!Special Features:
- Brunch with friendsiddaniel09Dined on 10/4/2014Las weekend I had a brunch with a group of friends, the food was excellent as well as the service, our table was located in the 2nd floor and it really was the perfect place to enjoy a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandraVIPDined on 10/3/2014The pork belly was excellent. A generous portion, prepared well, and beautifully presented. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014We went for a work lunch. The food was superb. We had the rarebit and cheese board which were both exquisite, and I had the bangers and mash for lunch (my coworkers had the fish and chips and shepards pie respectively). I honestly think if your workplace has a no-alcohol-during-work-hours policy, you should make this a happy hour stop instead. The food and ambiance are inspired by English pubs, so you really need to have the ability to knock back a pint or 3 to get the most enjoyment. This is obviously not the restaurant's fault - more my team and I's poor planning. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchMarcytVIPDined on 9/29/2014Diverse and interesting lunch menu with great gluten-free choices and friendly, professional service.Special Features:
- Scones to die for4thRockRuminatorVIPDined on 9/28/2014Went for brunch. Fun atmosphere but a little loud. Food and service were excellent. Recently returned from a trip to Cornwall in England where we sampled many scones - the scones at Dandelion are as good as any we had in Cornwall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch was uninspired.LancastersBowlVIPDined on 9/28/2014The brunch menu is weak, and the execution weaker. Very mediocre dishes and drinks.Special Features:
- Philly WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We spent the weekend in Philadelphia for my wife's birthday. On Sunday we were looking an interesting brunch destination. The Dandelion was recommended by someone at The Ritz Carlton. And we couldn't have enjoyed it more, the crowd and food was eclectic - and enjoyable. British breakfast favorites as well as interesting preparations of American favorites were on the menu. It was a very unexpected experience.Special Features:
- Hits and MissesJoeyDined on 9/27/2014Interesting idea - a restaurant built on British cuisine. Highlights were well executed and tasty Fish and Chips (both fried in beef fat and it makes for a delicious, crispy fried dish) and delicious Sticky ToffeePudding. The room had a quirky feel that captured a comfortable, well-worn country pub but the service was cool and distant. We enjoyed the food but our evening seemed very business-like.
- Tasty Food, a bit Rushedjesh19121Dined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed our meal here. All of the food we ordered (Fish 'n Chips, Steak 'n Chips, Dandelion Salad, Smoked Salmon and Trout pate) was delicious. One very minor quibble with the food was it was a tad on the salty side, but not too badly. They had great beer selection, and cask-conditioned ales as well, which was a big plus. The only thing keeping me from giving it a 5/5 stars was because it felt a little bit like they were rushing us through towards the end of the evening (possibly due to an over-eager busboy). Overall, though, it was great!Special Features:
- Bad serviceCaesar1VIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was ok but our waitress was rude and impatient. I have never left a review before but feel compelled to do so. I have eaten at this restaurant before and at several of Mr Starr's restaurants and have never experienced such bad service. I had friends in from out of town and wanted to take them to a place that had not only good food, but good service too. I picked the wrong place to take them.Special Features:
- Fun hot spot with great food, drinkantiqmeisterVIPDined on 9/26/2014Best Bangers and Mash with rich onion gravy, sticky toffee pudding, very knowledgeable sommelier, people really enjoying themselves........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousDavidDined on 9/25/2014My second time here and better than ever! This time came with my daughter and wife and were kindly sat at a comfortable table with a great view of the city. They were more than considerate to my daughters needs and brought her dish out first. We were also invited to take our time even though it was a busy night. Wife agreed the food was marvelous: pork belly-wow, liver parfait, beef tartare, ceasar salad, fish n chips. I can't say enough about this place. The historic building and decor are worth seeing alone, offering out of towners like us a real Philly feel (even though it's a British themed pub). Will be back again for sure! Try the Dark and Stormy cocktail!Special Features:
- Second visit. More impressed.SnowVIPDined on 9/24/2014Excellent good, amazing service. Happily go back. The half roasted chicken was my favorite. The fish and chips looked good, by tiny portion of fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!SvaroopiDined on 9/21/2014Warm, welcoming staff. Love the decor, the curb appeal, the food & drink. We definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 time did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014This was the 2nd time we came with the same group and we all had the same wonderful experience as the first time. I think this will be our spot to celebrate our girls birthday brunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The Dandelion is one of my favorite restaurants in Philadelphia. I love going here!Special Features:
- We recommendcarolegVIPDined on 9/20/2014First time at this delightful restaurant. We ordered house-made ricotta and duck-chicken liver parfait. Both were totally delicious and came with yummy breads. Portions were plentiful. The cod used in fish and chips was excellent. Our server was exceptional.. attentive, knowledgeable, pro active and friendly. An overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch!ElyseDined on 9/20/2014They even noted my open table comment that there was a birthday in the group and surprised us with a small dessert and a candle. I was really impressed. The brunch was delicious too!Special Features:
- KEVINkuaichangDined on 9/19/2014I cannot rave more about my server kevin. knowledgeable, helpful, and considerate without being overbearing. dandelion is a very nice place, but what puts it over the top is staff like kevin.Special Features:
- Nice but way overpricedMetscocDined on 9/19/2014Nice atmosphere, although very noisy, food tasty but some of the meals hardly have anything on the plate. I paid 27$ for literally 3 sea scallops with 4 gnocchi with some raw peas and a small lettuce leave on top, the whole covered by a special green sauce. The other 3 meals were tasty pies, less expensive and with more food to enjoy. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodJewelEatsDined on 9/19/2014I didn't know what to expect for British food, but I was surprised to find several items that I enjoyed. The duck foie gras was delicious, and the London Underground was a great ending. The atmosphere was charming, and our waiter was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2014Came for lunch with business associates and it was excellent. Cool decor, fast service, great food. Perfect.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedjpddsVIPDined on 9/14/2014i've been to dandelion a couple of times, but this time i was pleasantly surprised with the food. for some reason, it seemed to be much better than previously. food was already good to begin with, but this time it exceeded my expectations. service was great too. our party had a blast and we all very much enjoyed our food.Special Features:
- Food was exceptionalMarODined on 9/14/2014We went for brunch and the food and service was exceptional! One of the best meals I've ever had in Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.