The Daily Catch Seaport
2 Northern Ave.
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Daily Catch Seaport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dailycatch.com/seaport.html
- Phone: 6177724400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Basil Freddura
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: For catering inquire please contact: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We offer several options for private functions and events. During the summer season we have outdoor patio space overlooking the Boston harbor and city skyline that can accommodate parties up 250 people. During the off-season we have a newly renovated bar and private room that can accommodate 50 or if you book our entire restaurant we can accommodate 100 people in total. Visit our website and download our function menu: www.dailycatch.com/seaport.html
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6177724400
- Special Events: We offer several options for private functions and events. During the summer season we have outdoor patio space overlooking the Boston harbor and city skyline that can accommodate parties up 250 people. During the off-season we have a newly renovated bar and private room that can accommodate 50 or if you book our entire restaurant we can accommodate 100 people in total.
A word from The Daily Catch Seaport
With our black pasta dish: Aglio Olio rated top 100 in the country, The Daily Catch - Seaport is considered by many as the best place to enjoy Pasta, Seafood and most importantly Calamari in Boston. Footsteps from the water, you can enjoy the ocean breeze while sipping wine or cocktails on our Outdoor Patio. Or you can sit in any of our newly renovated dinning rooms with stunning views of the Boston Harbor and City Skyline while taking in the aroma of fresh ingredients from our open kitchen. We are the #1 Seafood Restaurant in Boston's Seaport District according to Zagat Food Ratings. Your reservation is only a click away! Please note: The Daily Catch - Seaport gladly accepts online reservations for our indoor dining-room. We are, however, unable to accept online reservations for our outdoor patio due to our inability to guarantee favorable weather conditions. Patio seating is offered to patrons, as weather and availability permits, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Thank You!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Daily Catch Seaport - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
The Daily Catch Seaport reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (131)scenic view (125)good for groups (44)romantic (40)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (18)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (11)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Sicilian Seafood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014the Daily Catch is a family affair - from the fresh and simple Sicilian style cooking that is their heritage of founders Maria and Paul Freddura to the creative panache of their 7 sons who are marking their mark on the place - there's real care here. It's hard to do seafood and pasta well - usually one or the other suffers just a little, but they have it down with a cook it quickly all-in-one pan approach that nails it every time. If you've never had their Aglio Olio Black Pasta - you simply have not experienced one of the signature dishes of Boston. Also location is fantastic - don't miss this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awful service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014We brought a colleague from the Midwest for the gorgeous harbor view. The food was just as good as I expected, fresh, but service was terrible. Seated at 7:30 on a Wednesday, 15 minutes passed before hunting a staff member to ask for menus and water. Our server immediately came over to take our order - we had them for 5 minutes. Returning about 20 minutes later, we ordered a bottle of wine, an appetizer, and entrees. 30 minutes passed before we asked about the app status. It was delivered to the wrong table, and then our entrees were incorrect - asked for white sauce and received red. We didn't leave until 10:45. The food and wine are quality, good for out-of towners or a date, but you have to make a point to be on top of the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Love the food here, obviously the black ink pasta is a fan favorite, but the seafood is fresh, the dishes are all delicious.Special Features:
- let down.MMMMVIPDined on 9/13/2014appetizer, fish stew was brought out cold due to plug being out for soup bowl, however no one seemed to notice, no apology from management was made, or a substitute offered or removal from bill. Inquired about a tasting portion of black pasta for new customer, but was told I would have to purchase a side dish in order to provide a taste of one noodle to a customer who was interested in trying, but who didnt want to waste the food if she didnt enjoy it. Service was slow and waiter one checked in once and I had to signal for his assistance each time following. All around food was decent but below previous experience. overall experience was mediocre. Also restaurant is hidden with poor signs and directions for find location.Special Features:
- What a viewLuvDinnerDined on 9/11/2014The view is everything. Food was very good and everyone in our party was very happy and content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014limited menu and meal received was different than described on the menu.Special Features:
- waterfront diningquietDined on 9/7/2014Great Italian seafood, on the water, would definitely return again.Special Features:
- The Daily Catch-SeaportNicksReviewsDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful setting, unique, delicious food, great service. All of these describe the seaport branch of the wonderful old-school restaurant in the North End..."The Daily Catch." That restaurant has become virtually impossible to get in, because of its 20 seats, and no reservations policy. So it was good news to all the fans of the restaurant when they opened this huge branch. I say "huge," because it holds 100 diners indoors, and 300 more on the patio deck, overlooking the harbor with its boats coming and going. We followed the smell of garlic, which led right to our table, right on the water. The menu is extensive, filled with lots of dishes prepared Sicilian style, and lots of calamari plates...their specialty. Food? Delicious. (5-Stars)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GigiDined on 9/5/2014The atmosphere is wonderful for outdoor dining with a great view of the Boston Harbor. The food and service were excellent. We would definitiely recommend this place for all its notable attributes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best View in BostonKellyjackVIPDined on 9/5/2014A beautiful place to sit outdoors and enjoy the fabulous view of Boston Harbor and Rowe's Wharf. We could not understand why every table wasn't filled on a recent warm Friday evening. The seafood is fresh and well prepared. The salad is great. Next time I'll have to try the squid ink pasta. Our server was friendly and accommodating. Definitely recommend to friends and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014Service was slow and poor. It took for ever for food to come out of the kitchen. Dishes were overpriced compared to the quality and quantity. I would recommend for the price pick another restaurant.Special Features:
- Easier location to get into, but...CaseyVIPDined on 9/1/2014should have listened to other diners' reviews. The food was decent, the service was horrendous. We were a party of 3 over labor day weekend and it was pretty quiet in the restaurant. They were out of multiple things we tried to order. The salad didn't come out by the time our entrees came out, so we cancelled it - waiter looked dumbfounded. Requested bread with our pasta and were told the bakery wasn't open today... Ordered a second beer that didn't come out by the time we finished our food and were ready for our check. Anytime we needed something we had to flag our server down, as he was busy talking with other staff. Our waiter knew we were not pleased, and apologized, saying he's just "really tired from working a lot this weekend."Special Features:
- Great View, OK FoodLuluDined on 8/31/2014We had out of town guests and wanted to show them the fantastic waterfront. It was a warm night and great for sitting outside. The patio is large and covered and even with a storm, we enjoyed the view. The food was fine. We didn't really expect it to be more so we weren't disappointed. If you go for the view and the area you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderstaffedEcphilVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant seems to be going downhill. The past two times I've been the service is horrible, starting with the host stand. Took over 40 minutes for two entrees to come out. While the view and location are great, I will not be returning soon.Special Features:
- Very Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Group (4) made a late night reservation, 9:00 pm, 8/29/14, at the Daily Catch Seaport. The server took our order after 25 minutes of sitting there, there were empty tables around us. Our meal was served after 45 minutes and it was warm and not hot. We did not see our server until the bill was requested. Although we tipped the server the customary 20%, we all agreed it was to tip the server assistant, who did all the work. This is unfortunate, because I have previously eaten at the Daily Catch, Brookline, where we had outstanding service, 5x more patrons in a very small space, one server. The food at the Brookline Daily Catch was far better than at the Seaport facility, by an order of magnitude.Special Features:
- Almost a great meallaragoneDined on 8/28/2014Made a reservation and it was a beautiful night...outdoor dining spot is gorgeous. Initially took a while for our server to take a drink order but service improved after that. Dinner took a while to arrive and the pasta was barely warm. However the clams and the sauce were delicious despite the temperature. My daughter had the broiled scallops and they were delicious. The squid ink pasta is homemade which makes it a better choice than the plain pasta. If they could get there service to be faster and the meal hot it would have been outstanding.Special Features:
- Italian Seafood in BostonyummdiningDined on 8/22/2014If you like italian and fresh seafood by the ocean in Boston, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth It.gteeVIPDined on 8/22/2014The view was okay, but nothing special. Ordered calamari for an appetizer, and black pasta with shrimp and scallops for my entree. My girlfriend the the seafood stew. Bottom line: Go to Legals Seafood. The food, view, and ambience are call better.Special Features:
- Great View, Food, & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The title says it all- can't decide which was better: the food, the service, or the view! Would definitely recommend the black pasta and the monkfish! We will be back!Special Features:
- Amazing views but it stops there !LoveUniqueplacestogoDined on 8/17/2014Yes, amazing views but nothing more. Cocktail was pricey which is to be expected but had zero presentation for a Bloody Mary, waiter took order then never checked in on us again until time to collect his tip and the food was not impressive. I have never written a review, especially bad for a restaurant, but I won't return here. Try another one of the other many options on the waterfront.Special Features:
- The setting is the thing!JudiVIPDined on 8/16/2014Nice food, my portion of scallops/shrimp and vegetables was a little small. Others who ordered pasta or a salad with their meal seemed to have more food. The view is spectacular, and you can't find a nicer spot to sit outdoors on a summer night.Special Features:
- Very Slow KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014Nice outdoor seating over the water. Table of two ordered pasta dishes. Received our drink order and garlic bread timely. Waited forever for the pasta entre dishes. GM came over and said "our small kitchen is backed up". While the outdoor dining area was about 80% full, no one was seated inside. Once the entrees arrived, we found the black pasta very good. Other than the slow kitchen service, we had a nice time.Special Features:
- Nice view of the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Had a wonderful team lunch there outside looking at Boston. Good variety of selections for any palate. Recommend for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was terriblephi1045Dined on 8/3/2014Restaurant is owned by 7 brothers. if you get the youngest brother serving you, I recommend walking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattyDined on 8/3/2014the food is not like there sister restaurant in the northend food was cold seasoning not at all like the northend appetizers were cold sauce to sweet and much more expensive with no drinks one appetizer and our meal for 2 no desert the bill was over 100.00 would not go back or refer this restaurant to anybody.Special Features:
- lobster fra diavalo was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The Daily Catch that we went to located in Seaport, just a few walks from the Barking Crab. If you are seated outdoors, you would be able to enjoy the bay view. We went to dine for my boyfriend's birthday, we chose to be seated inside as it was chilly outside, very odd considering it's in August. Indoors seating was okay, if it wasn't cold out, we would probably choose to sit outside. Service was good, server was friendly, nothing exceptional though. We ordered Lobster Fra Diavalo for 2, we wanted to try as the pictures of this specific dish was all over on Yelp, and we also ordered Calamari plate as appetizer. The Lobster Fra Diavalo came in a pan, very large portion even for the two of us, it was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Food was exceptional, nice wine list, staff was unorganized and our group felt rushed all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for the viewfooooodieDined on 8/1/2014The food was great, and the location/view was even better, but the food was completely overpriced.Special Features:
- Good spotDabsDined on 7/31/2014The food was delicious and the view was amazing. I will definitely recommend to others and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view worth lousy service?RBNYCVIPDined on 7/31/2014I took my good friend out for her birthday and I told them it was a special occasion (birthday). They told me they would put a candle in our dessert and were glad we told them. We were seated in the middle of the restaurant - right next to the entrance - it could not have been a busier spot. The dinner was very good, although our waitress did not seem to know we existed, had any personality, and was not very knowledgeable about the menu. She took the wine menu away after we asked for water - I guess if you drink water, you don't want wine? We had to ask for it back. She never offered us dessert and again, had to ask for a menu and guess what - no candle on the dessert. It was a disappointment for me. The view was great!Special Features:
- Five stars!LizQDined on 7/30/2014If you go to The Daily Catch you will have an amazing meal and outstanding service. I don't know of many places in Boston where you can regularly & reliably get both top-quality food and service. Go to The Daily Catch Seaport, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at 7DaveDined on 7/30/2014We arrived early for our 7PM reservation and were seated immediately. We ordered wine and apps, and they arrived after a wait. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals, though our server said they ran out of the wine we ordered and they gave my wife tuna instead of the swordfish she ordered. The black pasta was excellent.Special Features:
- very disappointedScarlettDined on 7/27/2014Inefficient service, long waits even for the addition. Very disappointing dishes. heavy and greasy. Our worst meal in Boston.
- Not worth the money.ccdinersDined on 7/26/2014The only thing memorable about the night was the view of Boston Harbor. The grilled scallop and shrimp entrée? Disgrace for the $20.00+ price paid. Got three medium shrimp and two scallops with a bowl of mediocre pasta and sauce, not so special. Bread for table, stale and pats of butter. Not so Italian. How about some nice crusty bread with olive oil. One in party ordered frozen mudslide. Evidently no blender (hello, it's summer time!) so an on the rocks drink brought to table without asking if wanted, sent back. Ordered Bailey's on the rocks. OK, literally, ice with one finger high liquor in rocks glass. Go to Atlantic Seafood. Not quite the view, but great for people watching, and enjoy a plate of great seafood.Special Features:
- Caught by the Daily CatchLoisVIPDined on 7/23/2014First the superb location sitting outdoors so close to Boston harbor followed by charming service and delicious food keeps bring us back. We have visited this place 3 times with a group of 8 and each time everyone was happy with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but...TimNDined on 7/21/2014Fantastic meal and service. But, we found worms in our cod, and, although is a naturally occurring phenomenon, the fish was no longer appetizing. The manager wanted to charge us for the percentage of fish eaten (?), rather than write off the one dish. After showing him the error of his logic, he capitulated and did not charge for the one cod. We will definitely return, though, because this was a mere bump in the road.Special Features:
- Nice waterfrontHerbwymVIPDined on 7/20/2014Food excellent. Lobster & Black Pasta plate outstanding. Service rather slow. Strange that bar menu did not include traditional cocktails, no idea why. Could be a major drawback for those of us who love martinis and oysters.Special Features:
- Fun and great serviceBaltoGalDined on 7/19/2014We loved the black pasta, everyone should try this, at least as a side. We all had seafood or vegetables with the pasta. Wine fairly reasonable. The outdoor seating is great especially as the sun sets and the city lights up across the water. Great location, we were a short walk from our hotel and found it safe and interesting stroll. All the staff upbeat and helpful, which surprised us frankly, given this appeared to have lots of tourists dining. Our server was a fabulous young man, personable and helpful.Special Features:
- Didn't stay to eat.DisappointedDined on 7/18/2014I can't review the food because after sitting for over 15 minutes with no waiter acknowledging us--we left. Not even any offer of water. Horrible service. My recommendation goes to The Barking Crab next door. They have a great view, responsive staff, and great food.Special Features:
- Unpleasant experienceGauchoVIPDined on 7/15/2014We arrived a little early so we had a seat in the lounge area outside. After at least ten minutes we noticed that the server had waited on two other parties that arrived after us so we had to walk into the bar and order our drinks from the bartender. Not a good start. Our reservation was for 7:30pm. We were seated at 7:50pm. Our first round of drinks and our appetizer arrived promptly. We ordered our entree's at approximately 8:00pm At 8:45pm we asked our serve to check on our food. Of course he said it coming right up. At 9:05pm dinner arrived along with my salad which I would have preferred to have beforehand. Not a good experience and we will not be returning to The Daily Catch.